Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Planetary alignment Friday 13th

libstaK

FORGET the hippie-era song that has Jupiter aligning with Mars and love steering the stars. The fact is, those two orbs get together all the time. The truly remarkable event - when Jupiter lines up with Venus, Mercury and Mars in the pre-dawn sky - will be visible in Australia's eastern sky on Friday.arrow3.gifRead more...
So there is an upcoming alignment, and the last time we saw this was 1910

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• libstaK

• ShadowSot

• MrBriefcase

THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

Or a great time to break out the telescope...either way. :)

Nope. End of the world...:rolleyes:

Nope. End of the world...:rolleyes:

Then I probably shouldn't bother with setting up the telescope...end of the world and all.

darn, and I already payed this months bills too. What a waste.

Whether you even notice the alignment depends how sensitive you are to subtle energy.

i think i remember what next years alingment is going to be. it is going to be when the earth and sun line up with the center of the galaxy and crossing the galactic equater. you know on dec. 21.

I noticed Jupiter and Venus appeared in close proximity to each other early Tuesday morning. Looked...beautiful.

Huh, I'm actually going to my first meeting with the local astronomy group then... they have some pretty nice scopes. Be neat to see what we can see.

Nobody knows when the end of the world is gonna be, He's going to come like a thief in the night. He aint giving us no warning as to when the end is coming. This might just be a change of energy.

Did you notice that every decade or so, humanity is warned by gloom-and-doom soothsayers that a planetary alignment will take place in the near future and cause havoc on the Earth? Of course, it is not astronomers that give these warnings, but instead, zealots (astrologers and psychics) who have very limited knowledge of the night sky or the solar system in general. John Gribbin in the late 1970's wrote a book entitled The Jupiter Effect which predicted the end of the world would occur in 1983 due a once in a millennium planetary alignment. Of course, the world obviously did not end in 1983! I just don't see the significance of this other than it's simple superstition.

Nobody knows when the end of the world is gonna be, He's going to come like a thief in the night. He aint giving us no warning as to when the end is coming. This might just be a change of energy.

I like your analogy. :)

Just as if I was to say a planetary alignement is like a cosmic conga line. LOL!

So there is an upcoming alignment, and the last time we saw this was 1910

You remember 1910???? Anyway with my luck it's gonna be a cloudy night

Then I probably shouldn't bother with setting up the telescope...end of the world and all.

darn, and I already payed this months bills too. What a waste.

Is there enough time to ask for your money back and party ????

Did you notice that every decade or so, humanity is warned by gloom-and-doom soothsayers that a planetary alignment will take place in the near future and cause havoc on the Earth? Of course, it is not astronomers that give these warnings, but instead, zealots (astrologers and psychics) who have very limited knowledge of the night sky or the solar system in general. John Gribbin in the late 1970's wrote a book entitled The Jupiter Effect which predicted the end of the world would occur in 1983 due a once in a millennium planetary alignment. Of course, the world obviously did not end in 1983! I just don't see the significance of this other than it's simple superstition.

yes, but the last doom and gloom was helped out by governments. y2k

yes, but the last doom and gloom was helped out by governments. y2k

I thought the first people mentioning y2k were the MS people.. when they said their programs would not recognize the zeros... but I could be mistaking

You remember 1910???? Anyway with my luck it's gonna be a cloudy night

:wacko::w00t: :w00t: hmmmm

was just kidding :D

LOL got that :tu:

LOL got that :tu:

Did you noticed it's also Friday the 13th??? Is that going to be a wobbly alignment because of bad luck? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Did you noticed it's also Friday the 13th??? Is that going to be a wobbly alignment because of bad luck? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

LOL Oh yes, I did notice, I guess if the alignment "wobbled" it would be "bad luck" for anything that got jiggled by the wobbling LOL, but is it fair to blame our "gregorian" calendar for this?

Besides who says wobbling is bad, for instance I love Jelly :rolleyes::rofl:

LOL Oh yes, I did notice, I guess if the alignment "wobbled" it would be "bad luck" for anything that got jiggled by the wobbling LOL, but is it fair to blame our "gregorian" calendar for this?

Besides who says wobbling is bad, for instance I love Jelly :rolleyes::rofl:

Jelly???? eurk.. was forced to eat that stuff in a hospital in the states.. OK it's my half French side who prefer a good chocolate mousse (mousse au chocolat if you prefer)...