Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Millions paralyzed by Friday 13th phobia

Saru

To most it's any ordinary day but to some Friday 13th is a time when fear and anxiety go in to overdrive.

Most Canadians will brave ice pellets hailing from the skies, rush-hour traffic and roads covered in black ice to get to work. But some won't be able to face the thought of leaving their homes on Friday the 13th. The good news for friggatriskaidekaphobiacs, people with Friday-the-13th phobia, is that there is only one this year. The bad news: it's today.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• libstaK

• Taut

• mattavich123

Didn't this silliness all start because the Catholic church killed the Knights Templar on Friday the 13th? I don't know, something like that. Superstitions are silly anyway because..argle,arghhh,uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Remedies with folklore origins would perhaps suit those with superstitious tendencies. For example, it has been said that luck can be improved on this day if you climb to the top of a mountain or skyscraper, and burn all the socks you own that have any holes.

If you are an omnivorous yogi or gymnast, you can do a headstand while eating a piece of gristle or cartilage.

There are certain activities that also best be avoided: needlework; harvesting; beginning a journey or going out to sea; getting married; moving; or starting a new job.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is just too funny! :w00t:

Didn't this silliness all start because the Catholic church killed the Knights Templar on Friday the 13th? I don't know, something like that. Superstitions are silly anyway because..argle,arghhh,uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frigga was a Norse goddess, and "Friday" originated from her name. Added to that, "triskaidekaphobia" means fear of the number thirteen. As a result, we now have people who suffer friggatriskaidekaphobia. :o Edited by Karlis

The order of arrest given by Philippe le bel, AKA Philippe the IV started at 6 am Friday the 13th of October 1307.. so the bad luck can occur only if the fatidique day occurs in the month of October and at 6 am.... then the bad luck continues for 7 years til March 18th 6 am when you burn if you haven't been tortured to death during those 7 years.

Frigga was a Norse goddess, and "Friday" originated from her name. Added to that, "triskaidekaphobia" means fear of the number thirteen. As a result, we now have people who suffer friggatriskaidekaphobia. :o

But but but the Templars were not............. Friggatholics...

i fear jason voorhees making a house call on friday the 13th. on dvd!

Can any one tell me which is the luckiest day of the year? I can bet, something would go wrong even at this lucky day.

So, guys stop all these superstitious thoughts... and enjoy every day !!!

The order of arrest given by Philippe le bel, AKA Philippe the IV started at 6 am Friday the 13th of October 1307.. so the bad luck can occur only if the fatidique day occurs in the month of October and at 6 am.... then the bad luck continues for 7 years til March 18th 6 am when you burn if you haven't been tortured to death during those 7 years.

Good to know :rofl:

Good to know :rofl:

Anytime By the way I was born on a March 18th at 6am.. maybe I will avoid all ill fated future.. which lead me to study the late Knights Templar

Edited by Paracelse

Well, it's certain that we create our own reality. So, if people believe that something bad is going to happen to them, then it will. So, we have a collective out there believing that bad things are going to happen today and so they create them. Not different really from the multiple experiments in DC with focused prayer and meditation actually reducing violent crime. Personally, I choose to create a wonderful day for myself. Filled with peace, and light and fun and.......Bif, bam, powie, argle.............damn, not again.

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:couldn't resist. Silliness is contagious.

Edited by Taut

Thanks for the clarity!

Well, it's certain that we create our own reality. So, if people believe that something bad is going to happen to them, then it will. So, we have a collective out there believing that bad things are going to happen today and so they create them. Not different really from the multiple experiments in DC with focused prayer and meditation actually reducing violent crime. Personally, I choose to create a wonderful day for myself. Filled with peace, and light and fun and.......Bif, bam, powie, argle.............damn, not again.

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:couldn't resist. Silliness is contagious.

It sure is ... did you get hurt falling down.. hehehehe

Edited by Paracelse

Anytime By the way I was born on a March 18th at 6am.. maybe I will avoid all ill fated future.. which lead me to study the late Knights Templar

Hmmm, or you could have taken up this life from where you left off the last, wouldn't that be a laugh, ,a reincarnated Knights Templar studying the Knights Templars LOL,

For me when I am feeling a little morbid I always imagine myself a Cathar and wonder if I was loyal to the end :rofl:

Hmmm, or you could have taken up this life from where you left off the last, wouldn't that be a laugh, ,a reincarnated Knights Templar studying the Knights Templars LOL,

For me when I am feeling a little morbid I always imagine myself a Cathar and wonder if I was loyal to the end :rofl:

Then you should know Templars gave shelter and protected Cathars in their stronghold while Simon the Montfort was burning many others.. Cathars of Montsegur were burn March 16th 1244... only two days in difference .. (year aside of course) this always intrigued me.. was there a date relation between events.

Edited by Paracelse

Then you should know Templars gave shelter and protected Cathars in their stronghold while Simon the Montfort was burning many others.. Cathars of Montsegur were burn March 16th 1244... only two days in difference .. (year aside of course) this always intrigued me.. was there a date relation between events.

Yes that is interesting, thank you. What date relation do you think there might have been? Astrologically or numerically?

Or it could just be an unhappy coincidence as it is the Spring after the winter when any crusade would be planned to commence for the sake of ease of travel etc.

Friday the 13th is a regular day, if a person has something bad happen any other day of the week it is karma or bad luck but if it happens on friday the 13th it is a cursed day! lol give me a break.

Friday the 13th has been very kind to me. I think people need to get out more if they let this interfere with their daily lives.

Yes that is interesting, thank you. What date relation do you think there might have been? Astrologically or numerically?

Or it could just be an unhappy coincidence as it is the Spring after the winter when any crusade would be planned to commence for the sake of ease of travel etc.

Honestly I have no idea... I don't practice astrology ('xcept to look at my horoscope once in a blue moon just to laugh) and never able to understand the processes of numerology.

The Cathares crusade started several years earlier so Spring and Summer times is not really relevant.

What is the people of Montsegue surrender around the 12 or 13 of March but asked a few days to prepare for death.

It was extremely surprising to see some of the attackers joining the Cathars after the surrender knowing they were going to burn in a massive pyre on the 16.

Only 3 or 4 escaped the fire by climbing down from the castle of Montsegur which is on a mountain top (heu Mont means mountain or high hill) with the alleged Cathar treasure which was never found. The entire story was linked to the Abbe Saunieres story. But that another one. story that is

Edited by Paracelse