Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yet another Swiftboat vet caught...

Fluffybunny

I absolutely agree with you. It seems to get worse every single year, and I am so tired of it...

It is sad to see people more concerned about mud slinging that really talking about what they can do to help this country...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffybunny

• reese2

• joc

• wcturnersr

This is from the article:

Alfred French, 58, a senior deputy district attorney, appears in an ad that attacks the Democratic presidential contender's war record.

In the ad, French says: "I served with John Kerry. . . . He is lying about his record."

Kerry received a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and three Purple Hearts commanding a Swift boat in Vietnam. French, in an interview with The Oregonian newspaper, said he was relying on the accounts of three other veterans when he said Kerry lied.

"I was not a witness to these events but my friends were," said French, who was awarded two Bronze Stars during the war. "I believe these people. These are people I served with."

French, a registered Republican, said he and Kerry served together in the same unit in January and February 1969, but he did not know him well.

I'm getting sick of hearing about Kerry's two tours in Vietnam(four months in actual danger) and how much he's a war hero. What we should be focusing on is Bush's heroic Nantinal Guard service. Do you know how dangerous it is to fly F-105s over the US border? F-105s had one of the worst safety records and Bush's parachute could have failed. Anyone who climbs aboard a jet fighter and defends our skies from enemies is a

hero in my book. George Bush showed his will when he took command on 9/11.

On the subject of John Kerry's medals. It's pretty clear that he didn't earn the Purple Hearts. He was wounded in the arms and apparently still has shrapnel in his leg. I guess we'll see the x-rays of the tiny peice of metal in Kerry's blue blooded leg. Kerry should have at least lost both arms and a leg to get those Purple Hearts. One limb for each medal.

John Kerry is a two faced lying politician who will use his short Veitnam service to propel himself into higher office. Kerry had been in the US Senate long enough to take both sides on every issue. Beyond this he's a French-looking boy toy who loves to marry rich women who's husbands left them lots of money. That's why he can afford those snowboarding trips and those botox injections. Kerry picked a wife that runs off at the mouth too much, she even told a reporter to shove it. Nobody in Bush's family would say anything bad to a reporter, they have big time respect for reporters.

Kerry has taken both sides on gay marriage. Kerry supports Affirmative Action. Kerry is a true blue blood and doesn't know how real Americans live. There are some that say Kerry looks like Lurch from the Adams Family show.

However John Kerry is way smarter than Bush and that's why I'm voting for John Kerry. I would take a smart flip flopping blue blood over a dumb obviously coked out idiot.

Hitman

As regreatable as it is, at this point a vote for nader is pretty much a vote for Bush.

It takes away from the votes that would help overthrow the bush regime... tongue.gif

The vote is very close at this point, and the three percent that Nader is currently getting would be enought to push kerry over the top and remove bush...

I'm sorry to say, Fluffs, but I gotta go with my gut on this and vote for the guy I think is best qualified for the job. I agree that getting Bush out of office is important, but simply having to pick the man who is less bad than the other isn't much of a choice either. At this point in the election I'm afraid I can't honestly say I feel any better about Kerry at all.

Hope you understand.

As regreatable as it is, at this point a vote for nader is pretty much a vote for Bush

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!

Snuffy has already made up his mind....he doesn't know..............

Sorry Fluffy, but as long as nobody from another country is breathing down my neck watching me vote, I will also vote for Bush. You are right, there is a lot of bashing going on, but most of it is coming from the liberal democratic side. Between the so-called documentary movie that Kerry never denounced, the taxes he wants to increase, he cannot make up his mind on what he believes in (just takes sides) and it seems like he will say whatever you want to hear. To me this is a typical old school politician. Frankly I am sick of it. I am sure you heard about a lot of the crooked politicians that we have had in the past right here in the state of Louisiana. Don't bash me for who I vote for because I am a registered democrat. But when I vote, it is usually for the person that I think is most qualified to do the job. Kerry, from the beginning started a dirty campaign. The first thing he could do rather than talking about what he would do for the United States, was to get everyone to look at Bush as the most evil person in the world. I am sorry, but we are in the middle of a war and this is something that the terrorists love to see. One nation divided.

You know what sticks to my ribs about Kerry?

I have no idea, because I have to wade through unending muck about Bush, what he stands for, and what he REALLY wants to do once in office. I know that he is basically saying the opposite of Bush on many issues. But......

What is it he really wants to change? What is it he really wants to put in action to make America a better place for all?? How does he plan to attain that?

Reese

What I did figure out about Kerry, is he will try to do the same job that Bush is doing with the war. As far as everything else, it is just a blur. Bush has a lot of people that hate him because he says what he stands for.

Well, I must say that it is too awfully easy if he does become President to finish what Bush has started, since Bush will forever get the blame and consequences for starting a war, which Kerry once supported.

I still say that the ads should stop now. Enough is enough. The negative ads against Kerry are deflecting any REAL issues that people could/should find faults in. He would have his own reasons for not wanting those stopped as well. Even though the ads are benefitting Bush (seemingly) they also benefit Kerry, and make great deflectors to other issues of importance.

So, why isn't Kerry and his people opening up and releasing his entire military record?? He says (or his people do) that it needs to remain closed, in interest of his biographers. Sounds pretty lame to me....

Reese

What we should be focusing on is Bush's heroic Nantinal Guard service. Do you know how dangerous it is to fly F-105s over the US border? F-105s had one of the worst safety records and Bush's parachute could have failed. Anyone who climbs aboard a jet fighter and defends our skies from enemies is a

hero

On the subject of John Kerry's medals. It's pretty clear that he didn't earn the Purple Hearts. He was wounded in the arms and apparently still has shrapnel in his leg. I guess we'll see the x-rays of the tiny peice of metal in Kerry's blue blooded leg. Kerry should have at least lost both arms and a leg to get those Purple Hearts. One limb for each medal.

cat.gif you got to be kidding ? heroic national guard service ? please!

are you saying that myself and other vets should have lost a limb to get a purple heart ?

aviators that i know flew the 105 in combat with the 388th

i don't know for sure but i think the 188th ANG was flying the f-100 at the time GWB was in.

GWB was absent and missed quite a few drills -- in fact-- by todays rules you would get a bad ER if you pulled a GWB.

yes flying a jet fighter is dangerous--in combat or not --however i think you could find a hero that actually did somthing if you looked.

I agree with you there...

I choose not to focus on either candidate's military record as a basis for my vote. Both seem pretty aggregious, compared to other military personel I know of, that have sacrificed much more, and gotten much, much less. dontgetit.gif

Please be sure to read the whole thing. Notice that there is also a democratic funded group that started to attack Bush from the get go.

Also notice that Kerry denounced the group quickly...

Link

Also notice that Kerry denounced the group quickly..

well you tell us when he's denounced michael moore, until then, Kerry hasn't done much at all:)

If McCain was to run for president, I would vote for him. He tells both Bush and Kerry what they should do.

Amen to that.

McCain is the man.

That's so funny. laugh.gif I've been thinking why not McCain and I guess I'm not the only one.

Sorry Fluffy, but as long as nobody from another country is breathing down my neck watching me vote, I will also vote for Bush. You are right, there is a lot of bashing going on, but most of it is coming from the liberal democratic side. Between the so-called documentary movie that Kerry never denounced, the taxes he wants to increase, he cannot make up his mind on what he believes in (just takes sides) and it seems like he will say whatever you want to hear. To me this is a typical old school politician. Frankly I am sick of it. I am sure you heard about a lot of the crooked politicians that we have had in the past right here in the state of Louisiana. Don't bash me for who I vote for because I am a registered democrat. But when I vote, it is usually for the person that I think is most qualified to do the job. Kerry, from the beginning started a dirty campaign. The first thing he could do rather than talking about what he would do for the United States, was to get everyone to look at Bush as the most evil person in the world. I am sorry, but we are in the middle of a war and this is something that the terrorists love to see. One nation divided.

I don't know why Kerry would denounce Moore's movie. Most of what it said was pretty accurate. There were groups of oil men and related companies like Halliburton just waiting to get at Iraqi oil. Beyond that, Bush does in fact have close ties to the Saudis, they've bailed him out of all of his business failures. This was out in the press long before Moore's movie. Then Bush decides to go to war and send the troops into battle without proper body armor and armored hummers. On top of that he tried to cut their pay before sending them to Iraq to save money. What audacity! Never hear much about Bush trying to cut the troops pay but it happened. When it got out into the press, Bush did a 180. That's clearly not the guy who I want to be CIC.

The dirty campaign was started by Bush. The primaries weren't even over before Kerry was crowned and they started with the negative campaign. They said Kerry was having an affair with someone and it turned out to be totally false. Then they tried to question his medals. They're failing at that too BTW. Kerry took swipes at Bush's policies and not his military service. Only after Bush's dirty campaign started. The fact is Bush did the same thing to McCain. When Bush was running against McCain, they had push pollsters calling up people asking them how they felt about McCain having a half black out of wedlock child. Then Bush tried to paint McCain as crazy and he the same group that's lying on Kerry now. They used groups by a man named Ted Sampley to go after McCain. Ted Sampley started some of those swift boaters against Kerry groups. Sampley said McCain was brainwashed by communists. Everything that's being done to Kerry is being done by the same group that did it to McCain and they're getting money from the same place.

As to who's more qualified? Bush is just plain stupid. This is evidenced by when he was asked about Indian sovereignty. Clearly Bush didn't know what the word "sovereignty" meant and just rambled on. Then he gets up and says he doesn't like the ads that tell lies about Kerry's service but when a vet says Kerry inflicted wounds on himself, Bush didn't disagree with the man. He said he appreciated him.

Bush is the king of lying dirty politicians. You vote for him if you want to.

Hitman

If McCain was to run for president, I would vote for him. He tells both Bush and Kerry what they should do.

I like how McCain defends Kerry's military service. I don't like how he stands there and let's Bush kiss him on the head knowing what Bush did to him years ago. I can see on McCain's face that he's trying not to puke when Bush smooches him on the noggin.

As much as I like McCain, I could never bring myself to vote for him. McCain is too conservative on too many issues for my taste.

Hitman

Most of what it said was pretty accurate.

Oh come on.... lets see.. 'Most of what was said is pretty accurate'...?? So, what does that mean exactly?

He didn't walk into the production of this movie standing on a neutral platform, he went in with the specific goal of degrading Bush.. How does that make him any more factual than the Swiftboat people.?? They as well had a certain agenda going into those ads..

I think you should look at things more objectively... It is blinding you against Moore and his 'real' objectives. What he really wanted to do was have a huge success of a documentary, and what better to do that than such a controversial issue? He connected dots, that simply are not verifiable, and that makes it nothing but trash talk.

Reese

cat.gif geez --i once got e-mails from the saudis telling me how much "they " love GWB. alien.gif

i can't that that inspires much confidence.

Sorry Fluffy, but as long as nobody from another country is breathing down my neck watching me vote, I will also vote for Bush.

You have nothing to be sorry about, the beauty is that you get to vote for whomever you believe in. I wouldn't have it any other way; that is the only way that this whole democracy thing works is when everybody votes their own beliefs...

The only thing I want is for everybody to vote, and not have the low turnout numbers that we have seen in the past races, I hope that everyone registers and does a bit of homework before they make their decisions...I would love to see 85 or 90% turnout rates to really get a better idea what the citizens want.

Snuffy; vote for who you believe in; that is how it works. I respect you and your decisions. You are the man.

My comments was just based on the numbers that I saw at the gallup poll website regarding where the third party nader votes were coming from, and in this particular case it happens to be taking away from the kerry vote rather thn the bush vote...that isn't always the case, but the dynamic is similar to the bush/gore race last time around. Bottom line is that you have to vote for who you think would do the best job.