Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Olympics?

wunarmdscissor

It's really amazing how some can take a simple statement like the "USA Basketball Team" sux and turn it into a racial thing....

I think these young players are too self centered and arent playing well as a team.

I saw the 92 team play and I have seen this team play.

Do you guys think the current team has the same commitment as the 92 team? I'm not sure they are. I saw bling-bling gangsta as a good term to describe some of the values issues I think this young team of my generation is having trouble.

Bling-bling: Too money oriented - heck even snuffypuffer excused their poor performance bya saying nobody was getting paid so we shouldnt complin about them not doind great because what can we expect.

Gangsta: Too tough, too individulaistic and not willing to work well with others and compromise. Not team players. Lets not forget which stars were beched for missing meetings. I think they ahve a bad attitude.

Pansies: The USA is the best at basketball, it's our sport and I'm p***ed we are losing games and taht the world is prolly laughing at us. These young players are supposed to be our best stars, they should play that way and win. Is that too much to ask?

I'm 24 years old; bling-bling and gangsta are pretty common words to me, maybe some of you old farts are offended by them but I'm not, they are pretty beningn and cmmon cultural expressions for people of my age.

It's funny because this was always meant to be a generational isssue (braodly 92 team vs 04 team) and not a race issue, and it seems thats where the consfusion comes from...

Edited by Airhead

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dancing_Dumplings

• wunarmdscissor

• Nordic_Dragon

• Dowdy

anti-girl the simple fact of the matter is white people are better at swimming and black people are better at high speed running.

Our bodies are just made differnently black people have much more power than white people. and white people's bodies are built far better for swimming

Its just a fact.

Nothing racist about it. If there were still issues of racism in south afirca on a wide scale i would be pretty surprised seeing as the govt is the ANC.

There are plenty of black players in the rugby team.

its just a fact of life nothing to do with racism

Pansies: The USA is the best at basketball, it's our sport and I'm p***ed we are losing games and taht the world is prolly laughing at us. These young players are supposed to be our best stars, they should play that way and win. Is that too much to ask?

I think theyre trying airhead its just that the rest of the world are cathcing up or have already caught up IE: the lithuanian team or the nigerian team.

I think theyre are some minor rule changes which are affecting them slightly. but they are professionals.

Its like football all the other nations have caught up with europe and south american teams.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

Mind you...when's the last time the USA actually put the best team on the court? They had a lot of name players, but they miossed what I would think to be the best.....

Did anyone see the men's pummel horse last night? The audience was so upset about the Russian guys score they booed until it was changed. He still didn't win the gold but the score had just been an injustice.

i know double posting..bad bad bad but this has nothing to do w/ the basketball lol

i was just wondering...you probally wont have an answer...but why is the south african relay swim team all white? dont ya think they could have mixed it up a little to show that south africa is back on the right track?... i know they have some black south africans competing in other games....its just i thought apartheid was over crying.gifcrying.gif but they did swim an amazing relay race lol

lol, anti_girl, it would be racist if they did put say Black people in the team for the sake of it being colourful coz that wouldnt be fair concerning talent, they chose our BEST for the team to go to Athens, whether they were Black, White, Indian, Coloured, pink or green.

thanx for standing up for my lil country wunarm original.gif

Did anyone see the men's pummel horse last night? The audience was so upset about the Russian guys score they booed until it was changed. He still didn't win the gold but the score had just been an injustice.

i saw that. I was swearing at the TV too when the guy after him got a higher score. That was soo crap - he hardly did any 'tricks' and his routine lasted only half as long AND he got a higher score

The judging at the olympics has been disgraceful! Did anyone see the boxing match between the aussie and th egyptian where everytime the aussie hit him the ergyptian got a point, with the aussie only getting one every now and then. And when the egyptian actually landed a punch he got a whole bunch of points.

Unbeliveable, this is about competing and the best athlete winning not about who bought the judge or how they decide to judge. Thats why I like events that dont have judges deciding who wins. Besides the judging I think teh olympics has been a success but too many drug cheats!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE Oi! Oi! Oi! thumbsup.gif

Aztec the judging has been shocking.

However back to the boxing ....a new LEGEND IS BEING BORN.

AMIR KHAN a 17 year old british boxing has become the first boxer at these olympics to stop someone in the 1st round and it was in the 1/4 finals. the guy he stopped was a south korean and one of the favourites.

He beat the european champion to get there no scrub that annihilated him.

He is an awesome sight roll on the semi's on friday this guy is amazing to watch.

Talking about this guy:

BRITISH BOXER KHAN DO IT

British boxer Amir Khan is on course to become the youngest Olympic champion since Floyd Patterson in 1952.

The 17-year-old, from Bolton, has already claimed a bronze medal following three straight wins.

He reached the semi-finals by defeating South Korea's Baik Jong-sub.

The referee stopped the fight with 23 seconds remaining in the opening round.

Khan will now meet Serik Yeleuov, of Kazakhstan, on Friday for a place in the final.The losers of the semi-finals both get a bronze medal.

"I'll take it one fight at a time but I'm confident," said Khan.

If he does make the final, Khan can expect to meet Cuba's defending Olympic champion Mario Kindelan.

Kindelan is nearly twice Khan's age, at 33, and was floored in the second round during his last bout with Rovshan Huseynov, of Azerbaijan.

However, he regained his composure to outpoint his rival 23-11

Link

Thought I'd better put my 2 cents in for NZ wink2.gif

But before I start, I was fully in support of Svetlana Khorkina getting the gold in the all-around individual gymnastics but then again i'm no judge of such things.

Well so far we have got:

Caroline and Georgina Evers-Swindell (twins) got a gold in double sculls rowing.

Sarah Ulmer got a gold in track cycling, she also managed to slash the world record by six seconds over qualifying and finals.

Hamish Carter got a gold in the Mens' Triathlon

Bevan Docherty got a silver in the Mens' Triathlon (yus double joy)

Ben Fuohy got a silver in the mens' kayaking/canoeing

Doing pretty well considering the population (4 million), the USA would have to get 100 and something to equal us per capita so yus we rock.

Was also rather shocked about Alexei (sp?) Nemov's high bar score, considering he had like five releases but what the crowd were doing was pretty bad, had to feel a little sad for Paul Hamm who was basically getting booed through the whole routine.

It's also sad how much the gymnastics scoring has beenw rong (mens' all around individual), if I were Paul Hamm I would hand over my medal to Korean person but it's his choice I guess.

Well that was far longer than it should have been.

GO NZ grin2.gif

I don't think Paul Hamm should give back his gold medal, it wasn't his fault that the judges messed up. It's just wrong to do that to any athlete and now they're asking him to give it back while the korean guy did make a mistake that wouln't have won him the gold anyway. Damn judges disgust.gif

We kicked USA's ass in the 4X100 Relay

GO GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have 17 gold medals!!!! Yay AUSSIE AUSSI AUSSIE Oi Oi Oi!!!!!

48 medals all together and 4th on the medal tally, our most successful away olympics ever and our most gols ever too. We got 58 medals in sydney but only 16 gold there. I do belive that the aussies can go for 20 gols ay the next olympics and hopefully the rest of the world can catch up to china and america very soon!!! thumbsup.gif

Edited by AztecInca

did anyone see what happened to the brazilian guy on the last day of the olympics during the marathon? That was just wrong disgust.gif

did anyone see what happened to the brazilian guy on the last day of the olympics during the marathon? That was just wrong disgust.gif

250319[/snapback]

Yeah, that was just wrong! Poor guy, he lost like 10 seconds 'cos of that. blink.gif