Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Restaurant starts BBQ-ing cows . . . WHOLE

Still Waters

Incredible. One side of the world is dying of hunger and thirst. The other is thinking on how to roast entire cows.

I am baffled.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolvenblood

• SilverCougar

• cerberusxp

• rashore

Incredible. One side of the world is dying of hunger and thirst. The other is thinking on how to roast entire cows.

I am baffled.

I dont see it as a problem.

Lets say you get married and have big recpetion after.

You want to feed 200+ people in a nice rustic fashion. So slow cooking a cow is a good idea, indeed it would be far cheaper than buying all the meat pre-cut.

Indeed, hog-roasts are very popular at UK weddings, a small cow is roughly 2 and half times larger than a large pig, so for a large outdoor event, such as a wedding or a country fair, its perfect.

Mainly baecause you can take cuts over time, so the meat does not go cold + the fact that spit-roasting produces arguable the finest textured and flavoured meat due to the way the meat is cook, and the way it allows for basting the meat in a nice glaze.

So I dont see it as weasteful or frivolous.

At one point my brother and I were history buffs and we always wanted to do the whole roasted oxen thing that the Greeks and Romans occasionally did. Tear off a hunk of meat, quaff some wine, orgy with the group. Big killer orgy party, oh yeah. Sounds like someone is getting close. :-)

very interesting i have a feeling my dad and uncles may want to attempt this hmm seeing as they have a spit roast business

Well a Luau is really good where you dig a hole in the ground build fire and let coals get going good then bury the coals wrap a pig filled with veggies wrapped in large leaves put that in and bury that too wait four to five hours and dig up dinner. When I was a kid the church had a picnic at the lake and spitted a hog. In the old westerns like John Wayne's McClintock they spitted a cow.

I am baffled.

It's the fault of the people in charge of where they live that they don,t have enough food. Practically all of the money or food you send these people gets stolen and sold on the black market. So consistently giving them this will just perpetuate the problem. They could grow crops and raise animals but the leadership of those countries are like Castro, evil people who care only for POWER over others. Yes EVIL I say no matter how Grandfatherly Sean Penn says Castro is like, He is an EVIL murderer.

Mmm...barbecued cow...yummy.

Just make mine ultra rare..just charbroil the outside, sprinkle it with coarse sea salt and I will be VERY happy.

I am baffled.

Its not the responsibility of people in another country to feed people starving in another. Its horrible that people are starving, but it should not have to be the responsibility of others to correct it.

This has been done in several south american countries, like Argentina for one, for ages.

Usually at various special occasions though. They roast whole cows / oxen. And not just one.

So...one question, do they at least pull out all the guts and stuff first? Because...I can imagine there would still be some fecal matter in there, which would be kind of nasty if mixed with the actual meat that the people were eating.

Edited by SpiderCyde

I read this story with amusement. I have seen and enjoyed ox-roasts my entire life. (well until I stopped eating meat) I guess tho, it isn't a valid practice until someone on TV says it is. BTW, the guys in the story are a hoot. Totally numb. They really need to learn that sometimes less is more. Just because you can make it fancier doesn't mean you can make it better.

First you buy a keg of beer...

Well, bigger pieces of meat are meant to taste better...

Edit: and I can't believe I just posted that... *shakes head*

I LOLed.

So...one question, do they at least pull out all the guts and stuff first? Because...I can imagine there would still be some fecal matter in there, which would be kind of nasty if mixed with the actual meat that the people were eating.

lol, yes, one cleans out a cow before cooking it. Pretty much standard procedure to clean out any animal before eating, regardless on how the critter is cut up or not.

Great idea from the Wall St. Journal. Some of my friends down by the river were wondering if this would work with a rat.