Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do online ouija boards work?

StarGateAtlantis

Or is it just meant to be a game and not work like the real boards since its only done on computer screen?

Or is it just meant to be a game and not work like the real boards since its only done on computer screen?

It's a game. Neither board or software works for summoning demons, ghosts, angels, fairies and lobsters.

No. They are all pre-programmed. So yeah, they don't work.

lol, I didn't even know there were online ouija boards. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though. I would highly doubt their efficacy.

Its my belief that anything that invites spirits or demons most certainly can work. :no:

Ouija is a work, so the answer is yes. Online ouija bords "work" just as good as the real thing...

I would go with no. I'm not sure ghosts or spirits could manifest via the web.

I've tried online and offline ones, they don't do anything. There just for fun.

Its my belief that anything that invites spirits or demons most certainly can work. :no:

Only if there are spirits or demons in the first place :innocent:

Test test at: http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/WebOuija.html

Question: Is my Sierra's electricity flawed?

Answer: NO

Real Answer: I don't know

Q: Is my age 41?

A: Not known

RA: 27

Q: Do I have animals?

A: NO

RA: 2 dogs, 5 cats, 2 african giant snails, a bunny, a horse

Q: What is my date of birth?

A: Not clear

RA: 27 june

Q: Am I generally happy?

A: YES

RA: Yes

Q: What's my future like?

A: Future hazy

RA: Dunno...

Another one, same questions:

http://www.shopoflittlehorrors.com/Ouija%20board%20-%20ask%20the%20spirits%20game.htm

Q: Am I 41 years old?

Q: Do I have pets?

A: Nothing happens...

Q: When was I born?

Q: Did I born in the summer?

A: Lola (ookay, next question...)

A: Yes (and saw flashes of ghastly image)

Q: What is my future like?

--

So, generally these two online ouija board spirits don't know nothing about me. I bet, if I asked questions like:

- Is something there?

- How old are you?

- How did you die?

I'd get some pre-programmed answers. Let's try the first one for that, because the second is too Halloween-ish.

So, back to http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/WebOuija.html and let's talk about the spirit who moves the online blanchet!

Q: Is there anyone?

A: NO (oookay, how did the planchet move! Spooookyyyyy)

Q: Who are you?

A: One close

Q: What do you mean by that?

A: Ask later

Q: Were you human before?

A: Check back later

Ok, this is stupid. Let's ask other same questions, if there was more clear spirit in the other hand. It suggest me to ask "Is anybody there?" So let's start with it:

A: YES (so we got a confirmed contact. Let's ask this one same questions now, but I'll skip the first one as it was already answered).

A: Victoria (now we have a name, so I'll skip to ask about her, and then does he know anyone from the otherside I might know).

Q: Are you dead?

Q: Were you a human before you died?

Q: What are you?

A: Lonely (and I got this creepy picture of a chick)

Q: Why are you lonely?

A: Afraid (ok, she ignores my questions)

Q: Why are you afraid?

A: Afraid

Q: Of what?

A: Battle

Q: What battle?

A: (Nothing answered)

For entertainment, use this instead: http://cleverbot.com/

Two test of online ouija boards... they are poorly made internet flash games, and cleverbot and other chatbots are more intelligent as they learn from the users and aren't pre-programmed with limited options. Save your time.

Edited by Chagidiel
  • Like 1

Normally I would say a tool is a tool, it shouldn't matter the medium being used. But I believe these are the software equivilents of magic 8 balls with preprogrammed answers, so no.

no the ideomotor effect require people

no the ideomotor effect require people

Exactly.

They were fun at parties though when I was young. It gets the girls all creeped out.

Inviting demons into your life doesn't require a game board. Just a direct invitation.

If you think that online ouija board could work, it means that spirits would interact online. So, spirits were in servers, or using computer binary coding to communicate. Sounds a bit silly. There's a movie where he can hear spirits through recording static from tv screen. But it's just a movie.

online ouija boards......seriously? i mean.....SERIOUSLY?

they work as well as online quizes that tell you what "new kid on the block" you are or what character from "good fellas" you most resemble. (and i've never even heard of one before reading this thread, much less used one)

Hey all, new to the forum although I have been lurking around for a month or so getting the overall flavour, getting my skeptic juices flowing. Thought I'd start with an easy one.

I honestly can't comprehend why someone would go to the trouble of spending time writing code for an online ouija board. May as well do an online pendulum and online dowsing rods while they're at it.

did'nt know there were on line boards.is'nt modern technology just great! :wacko:

None of these boards "work", they never have.

This video tells you everything you need to know about the history of the board (It was originally a toy for children) and how exactly it works.

• Like 1

Yes, online ouija boards are coded with stock responses, like spelling "DEATH", which is not how real boards work, regardless of what you think of those. Online boards are pranks and nothing more.

Yea online ouija boards work about as good as online toilet paper.

HAH this one made me laugh!

yeah i don't think there's really any code that can be written to allow that to happen..

if{spiritIsPresent} then

{allowHimToChangeTheCode}

??

• 8 months later...

It's ridiculous!

How can an online ouija board be anything other that pre-programmed or pseudo-random?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm at http://www.museumoft...m/WebOuija.html And these are my questions.

Is anyone here?

Yes

What is your name?

Cannot Say

How old are you?

Do you know your dead?

Yes

Are you Male or Female?

Male

When did you die?

Tomorrow WTF xD

Are you a demon or an angel?

Demon

There is probably someone working behind a damn computer controlling the mouse to make funny answers. ******* stupid and gay. They don't work online but, they sure do work offline.

Edited by Crosswings

Only if there are spirits or demons in the first place :innocent:

Test test at: http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/WebOuija.html

Question: Is my Sierra's electricity flawed?

Answer: NO

Real Answer: I don't know

Q: Is my age 41?

A: Not known

RA: 27

Q: Do I have animals?

RA: 2 dogs, 5 cats, 2 african giant snails, a bunny, a horse

A: Not clear

RA: 27 june

RA: Yes

Q: What's my future like?

A: Future hazy

RA: Dunno...

Another one, same questions:

http://www.shopoflittlehorrors.com/Ouija%20board%20-%20ask%20the%20spirits%20game.htm

Q: Am I 41 years old?

Q: Do I have pets?

Q: When was I born?

Q: Did I born in the summer?

A: Lola (ookay, next question...)

A: Yes (and saw flashes of ghastly image)

Q: What is my future like?

--

So, generally these two online ouija board spirits don't know nothing about me. I bet, if I asked questions like:

- Is something there?

- How old are you?

- How did you die?

I'd get some pre-programmed answers. Let's try the first one for that, because the second is too Halloween-ish.

So, back to http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/WebOuija.html and let's talk about the spirit who moves the online blanchet!

Q: Is there anyone?

A: NO (oookay, how did the planchet move! Spooookyyyyy)

A: One close

Q: What do you mean by that?

A: Ask later

Q: Were you human before?

A: Check back later

Ok, this is stupid. Let's ask other same questions, if there was more clear spirit in the other hand. It suggest me to ask "Is anybody there?" So let's start with it:

A: YES (so we got a confirmed contact. Let's ask this one same questions now, but I'll skip the first one as it was already answered).

A: Victoria (now we have a name, so I'll skip to ask about her, and then does he know anyone from the otherside I might know).

Q: Are you dead?

Q: Were you a human before you died?

Q: What are you?

A: Lonely (and I got this creepy picture of a chick)

Q: Why are you lonely?

A: Afraid (ok, she ignores my questions)

Q: Why are you afraid?

A: Afraid

Q: Of what?

A: Battle

Q: What battle?

A: (Nothing answered)

For entertainment, use this instead: http://cleverbot.com/

Two test of online ouija boards... they are poorly made internet flash games, and cleverbot and other chatbots are more intelligent as they learn from the users and aren't pre-programmed with limited options. Save your time.

Very informative! Thanks!

How big are your snails? How do you control their population? One is bad enough since they are hermaphrodites but two? They must last eggs constantly. They are pretty cool though. I saw a pic of one that fit in an adults two hands.

• 2 months later...

Online Ouija boards don't work. When using a Ouija board, spirits use the people using it's energy to move the planchette. Online Ouija boards have answers already built into it.