Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Power Boost"

whiteknight

By any means Meditation, psionics, potions, drugs, magic, tecnollogy, finger folds or the like is it possible to charge, expand or by any other way temporarily increase your strenth or speed? ive heard of steroids, altatude chambers, and other things to boost power and speed but I'm looking for a self contained, action or order of operations that will gift temporary power: example an adrenaline shot but that isn't exactly legal to inject yourself with a shot in the middle of a competition or a fight in my case. I know this isn't a mystery or a cosmic puzzle :P but I would like a serious answer and thank you.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whiteknight

• Bendy Demon

• aquatus1

• thewatchman7

never administer any medically used drug unless your a doctor. im not but i know that adrenaline is a drug that ruins your nerves and heart if abused.

this is the reason its not available to the general public, its too dangerous.

There is no "mystical" means not is there any artificial means to do whatever it is you want to do.

If you are in a wrestling competition, for example, the only thing I can think one can do is to budget your energy until the right opportunity shows itself then you can use that burst of energy you've been saving but if you are thinking that you can do something like you see in tv shows or anime then I am sorry to say you will be sorely disappointed.

Just exercise, learn physical discipline and learn how to budget your energy and thus increase your stamina and endurance.

In short it requires hard work and determination.

There is no "mystical" means not is there any artificial means to do whatever it is you want to do.

If you are in a wrestling competition, for example, the only thing I can think one can do is to budget your energy until the right opportunity shows itself then you can use that burst of energy you've been saving but if you are thinking that you can do something like you see in tv shows or anime then I am sorry to say you will be sorely disappointed.

Just exercise, learn physical discipline and learn how to budget your energy and thus increase your stamina and endurance.

In short it requires hard work and determination.

again a solid answer. you seem a smart guy ryu - hadoukening the best answer out.

again a solid answer. you seem a smart guy ryu - hadoukening the best answer out.

Thanks for the kind words "thewatchman7" but I don't see myself as smart..I guess I just rely on common sense which, as I am observing, doesn't seem to be so common these days. (not referring to here just in general, mind you)

The trick to it would be to be able to command your body to release adreneline at the right time.

ok but how would you do that? oh and ryu I am exercising and getting stronger at a fast rate but I heard that shaolin monks can do stuff with chi that can blast there strenth and other stuff so that what im really looking for.

ok but how would you do that? oh and ryu I am exercising and getting stronger at a fast rate but I heard that shaolin monks can do stuff with chi that can blast there strenth and other stuff so that what im really looking for.

You should probably ask a Shoalin monk then. Don't know how many are members of this board though.

Besides, short cuts to power are a sure fire way to disaster. Doesn't anyone watch Star Wars?

Edited by Mike G

• 3 weeks later...

I know many people who are martial artists. The common rule tends to be like anything else in life, 'you get out what you put in'. I know guys that don't have a full time job because it doesn't fit their training timetable.

Warrior monks do pretty much nothing but train and meditate. If you can commit to this then I'm sure you can find a teacher to take you to the level you desire. It's not gonna be like "Karate Kid" though. It is a lifetime commitment.

Learn Shaolin kunfus, it would teach you how to focus your energy (or muscle). You can have a skull and bones harder than bricks (it's real fact).

I tend to be wary of above-normal claims. Not because they don't exist, but rather because they are really only logical when one thinks about it. If you spend your life training to do one thing, you will naturally be better than average at it. The mistake that most people make is that they forget the enormous investment that had to be made to achieve the result.

The other thing that people tend to forget is that everything, including combat techniques, do grow obsolete over time. Something may look very cool, and may seem very strong, but may actually turn out to be very impractical, and spending all that time to train to do it properly may simply not be worth it.

The first question you need to ask is what is the result you want. Saying that you want to get stronger or faster is not good enough. How strong? What for? How fast? What for? You need to know exactly what it is that you wish to achieve before you try and figure out how to get there.

The first question you need to ask is what is the result you want. Saying that you want to get stronger or faster is not good enough. How strong? What for? How fast? What for? You need to know exactly what it is that you wish to achieve before you try and figure out how to get there.

This is the most important thing to consider is...why?

Seriously, why do you want to squander your life developing something that has no use in this world.

So you want to learn how to use a samurai blade? Cool..I'd like that too but then again, why? What will it be used for? In this day an d age, carrying around such a thing will get you arrested or shot to death.

This is not feudal Japan nor is this some post-apocalyptic world (yet) so learning all this "Dragon Ball Z" style stuff maybe a nice hobby to wow all your friends but in the end, like Aquatis said, you need to ask some very important and hard questions and once you put aside your fantasies long enough you will find that the answer is not very encouraging.

At one time I really wanted to learn archery...and not with the modern, complex bows but with long bows and stuff..I even toyed with the idea of learning Kendo but as time went by I realized that it is a waste of time and I cannot really make it into something useful or helpful so I gave up.

While one is wasting time learning Kung Fu and how to swing a blade..real life is passing you by and when you go for a job interview, no one is going to be impressed when you tell them you can bust a stack of bricks with your fist or fight an army of combatants with a bo staff.

Just..keep it real.

At one time I really wanted to learn archery...and not with the modern, complex bows but with long bows and stuff..I even toyed with the idea of learning Kendo but as time went by I realized that it is a waste of time and I cannot really make it into something useful or helpful so I gave up.

While one is wasting time learning Kung Fu and how to swing a blade..real life is passing you by and when you go for a job interview, no one is going to be impressed when you tell them you can bust a stack of bricks with your fist or fight an army of combatants with a bo staff.

Just..keep it real.

Why did you stop? becase its not practical, you may not be able to use a bow to fight agenst guns in real life, or you may be at a disadvantage in hunting becase others have compound bows or rifles, but theres a pride that comes with handicap, a glory and respect. listen your right its inpractical to spend six or seven years of my life on fighting, or sports, becase statisticly i'm NOT going to be at the top and you need to be there to get that coveted multimilloin dollar a year paycheck, but at least me preasently running five miles a day, eating healthy, not doing drugs, getting stronger and healthier can't hurt, yeah its a low chance i'll get there and its a painful existance, i know that, but even if i don't, i'm not suffering in school from it, you may say im sufurring time but im going to probobly gain 10 or 20 years to my life and live that time more limber and agile than the average joe, even if i don't get to superhuman strenth like i'd wish, i'm not wasting time by practicing high impact exersice in my youth.

This is the most important thing to consider is...why?

Seriously, why do you want to squander your life developing something that has no use in this world.

So you want to learn how to use a samurai blade? Cool..I'd like that too but then again, why? What will it be used for? In this day an d age, carrying around such a thing will get you arrested or shot to death.

This is not feudal Japan nor is this some post-apocalyptic world (yet) so learning all this "Dragon Ball Z" style stuff maybe a nice hobby to wow all your friends but in the end, like Aquatis said, you need to ask some very important and hard questions and once you put aside your fantasies long enough you will find that the answer is not very encouraging.

Just..keep it real.

Ryu..... Do you have aspergers?

Maybe look into creatine monohydrate.

And I dont see it being a waste of time learning things like archery or martial arts. If you enjoy the sport or wish to learn how to protect yourself(or learn traditional weaponry)then go for it.

I guess that depends on what job you are applying for.

It is a matter of perspective. I am an archer because I enjoy archery. I consider the hours I spend with a bow in my hand golden, and that is all the justification I need. I practice martial arts for the feeling of confidence it gives me. Again, for me, it is worth it.

However, I am not kidding about the amount of hours one has to put in in order to do something well. The rule of thumb is about 10,000 hours to become a master at a given something. How many hours are you willing to devote to something, and do you feel the investment is worth it?

but that isn't exactly legal to inject yourself with a shot in the middle of a competition or a fight in my case. I know this isn't a mystery or a cosmic puzzle :P but I would like a serious answer and thank you.

You want something that you will be able to activate in the middle of a fight?

• 4 weeks later...

You want something that you will be able to activate in the middle of a fight?

legally and at will are the requirements. (with tangable results)

• 2 weeks later...

Think of a memory or something that pretty much sent you over the edge and made you incredibly angry or sad. That should start releasing adrenaline as the others said. Hope that helped :lol: