Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The CDC Has A Zombie Plan

Bracket

So what do you need to do before zombies…or hurricanes or pandemics for example, actually happen? First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bracket

• monkipuzzle

• Copasetic

• thewatchman7

Many scientific institutes make hypothetical zombie plans because it's a great thinking exercise for dealing with pandemics.

does it follow the redeker plan?

world war z anyone?

does it follow the redeker plan?

world war z anyone?

Good book. Can't wait for the movie. :tu:

Lol. Awesome read. True; in the event of 'natural' disaster life would certainly be pushed to it's extreme limits. But I for one shudder to think what life will be like in the event of the Zombie Apocalypse, brrrrr. I'm just thankful the CDC is there to offer the necessary guidance and support when the time comes...and that time WILL come - of that I am convinced.

Thank you Bracket

Thank you CDC

I haven't seen 12 gauge shot guns or machetes on the list??? Perhaps few sticks of dynamite? Or anti-personal grenade launchers??? Wass wrong with those people... All I saw was stuff we all should have regardless..

How about crossbow styled guns that could launch circular saw blades? That would work, wouldn't it? WOULDN'T IT?!!

i saw a hundred zombie flick so i think i know what to do in a zombie situation. stick with partners and not go alone, if you do go alone, do not go to a church, thats a most likely place people will get infected and zombies will eventually break through no matter how weak they are.

Good to know CDC is prepared for a zombie outbreak... :tu:

I can't get the link to load :(

But I say bravo to the CDC... If they use the zombie approach to make people more aware of preparedness and it works, good for them for thinking up a clever selling tool :)

rule 1 of the redeker plan : you CANNOT save everyone.

rule 2 : certain populations considered 'lost' must be used as bait.

sound logic really.

There is an example of government funding at its finest...

The best laid plans........

Are generally meaningless except at the most basic level. Survival is the art of adaptation. Someone else's plan won't save you, especially ones for the "herd".

I seriously hope these people don't get a cent of the taxpayers' money.

If a zombie apocalypse happens i would love to go on a rampage fully strapped shooting off dead heads it would be really fun lol pure adrenaline rush

Edited by Thebestdisplaynameever

Good grief the whole "zombie" craze was fun for a while, but now it's getting out of hand. :hmm:

Many scientific institutes make hypothetical zombie plans because it's a great thinking exercise for dealing with pandemics.

+1.

For those who think this is a terrible waste of "government money", the next time you are not being afflicted by a pandemic infectious outbreak, reconsider those words.

Speaking of zombies and pandemics, this article reminds me of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident

I know it's a glitch from the video game World of Warcraft, but the situation did draw the attention of epidemiologists to study the reaction of players.

Thanks for that. It was a very awesome read!!

@ Copasetic: The government is more likely to create a pandemic than prevent one. This is an unacceptable waste of tax-payers money, though most government-funded projects are...

@ Copasetic: The government is more likely to create a pandemic than prevent one. This is an unacceptable waste of tax-payers money, though most government-funded projects are...

Right, and I am sure you are just as well schooled in epidemiology as you are in other areas of biology :rolleyes:

I'll pray for you, Copasetic :)

I'll pray for you, Copasetic :)

Hey man, if it helps you sleep at night. We dark-skinned heathenistic medical students need all the sweet whispered prays we can get.