Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man With Seven Fingers

Sightings

This photograph was taken of one member of a village that was said to be full of people with a similar number of digits on each hand.

user posted image

It was thought that something in the water was to blame.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Moose

• Sightings

• djdodo

• mandyistheshiznit

Having 6 fingers on each hand is said to be a dominant trait, while having 5 is recessive. It is possible, but there are so few people now with 6 fingers now for some reason.

i can't understand why we have 5 digits anyways... 3 seems all that are really necessary.

ring finger basically holds a ring. pinky is just plain useless and very hard to train to become useful. the both of them are very weak and don't help much in carrying things, in fact, they seem to hurt when you are trying to carry something because they are in the way smile.gif

That would be a 7 tentacled octopuss then LB tongue.giflaugh.gif

Noel Gallager has an extra toe! biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i would think that it were a genetic defect, and as more and more people began to inherit the "defect", the more the 7 digit/5digit hand ratio changed. which would explain why most people i the tribe have 7 digits

• 2 weeks later...

I heard this guy was a piano player in a past life. laugh.gif

Guest Guest

Well Actually He Has 6 Fingers And A Thumb blink.gif

But All Those Fingers Must Come In Handy SomeWhere.............. Like Cleanin huh.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest skyejax

well acording to darwin this is possible if there is breeding within the family. If the village is small enough im sure there is a number of inbreeding cases. There is another village in africa that cotains many people with crabed hands and feet. (if you dont know what that is, its when all of the fingers or toes are gathered together and form two fingers. They look like crab hands basically.) in repliance with this mistery it is no mystery it can be explained by simple science.

If evolution said that we should grow a new digit, we would be better served with another opposable one. It is unlikley that this man is able to touch the two extra fingers when he moves his thumb along his palm and might not be able to touch the tips of them either.

Since the practicality of those extra two fingers is highly in question, I wouldn't expect to see more pictures of hands like that, unless Photoshop is involved.

Heres a man with Lobster like hands, his name was Grady Styles, and a circus side show performer. His hands look like claws.

post-42-1049467714.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

LOOKS LIKE A GENETIC MUTATION.

PEOPLE ARE BORN WITH NO FINGERS, OR STUBS OF FINGERS, AND THIS IS PROVEN AS GENETIC..

SO, I IMAGINE THE 7 FINGER GUY IS A CASE OF GENETIC MUTATION.

MAYBE, IT'S A WEAK FAMILY GENE, OR SOMETHING IN THE GROUND, LIKE SOMETHING RADIOACTIVE THAT AFFECTS THE GENES.

7 FINGERS... COOL biggrin.gif

well acording to darwin this is possible if there is breeding within the family.

That is not really a Darwin thing, more of a Mendel thing.

And Cerberus, stop shouting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think its definetly someting in the water wacko.gifexcl.gif but if one of them got seven fingers from drinking it why did more ppl drink it?

i think its definetly someting in the water wacko.gifexcl.gif but if one of them got seven fingers from drinking it why did more ppl drink it?

So... you state a theory, critique it and then offer no explination. Can it really be said that you believe that theory then?

• 3 weeks later...

I know someone who has six fingers blink.gif

and he did an operation to make them five sad.gif

• 4 weeks later...