Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yogi Pullavar Levitation

Sightings

On 6th June 1936, Indian Yogi Subbayah Pullavar levitated for four minutes in front of 150 witnesses.

user posted image

He was in a state of deep trance and, oonce back on the ground, his limbs could not be unbent.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Test_Bear

• Kismit

• TheOracle

• Sageghost

I had this book once (NEVER LEND YOUR BOOKS TO ANYONE) that had this picture of four levitators. What was so amazing was 3 of the 4 levitators were children.

I have nothing to say about the pic posted. However have you ever seen pics of those magicians who levitate someone off the ground. They place a sword under them so that the pointy bit is directly under the middle part of the peson levitating. Could just be another David Copperfield stunt

I've done this before and it works. Once we done it on a fat guy much older and heavier than me and my mates.

http://antigravitypower.tripod.com/BioGrav...y/clarklev.html

We tried this at my cousins party once , but we couldn't stop giggiling long enough for it to work biggrin.gif Sorry X It might work I don't know but we were only 15 rolleyes.gif

Now... if this really does work... and I think it could.... would this explain many other levitations done on inatimate objects? Coral Castle....etc.. Obviously with a slightly different technique?

here is how to make your arms levitate smile.gif

have someone hold your arms to your sides while you try to push them away from your body. after around 20-25 seconds, have the person holding you let go and stop stuggling. your arms will levitate upwards with no effort.

same type of thing involved in party levitation- its just making you feel like its effortless.

"she is holding something where the on the towel ok "

1 - If she was holding something, it wouldn't properly balance her body to sit like that, unless....

2 - The very thing item under the towel was some form of anti-gravity pole, or...

3 - She captured a Rod, which granted her anti-gravity powers, only as long as she held it or....

4 - What the heck did you say?

Actually this is a very simple Trick and yes there is a stick under the robes that is cured under the Levators boby , the real trick is balancing on the set and not actual levatation.

Thought the balance they demonstrat is amazing.

Seeing as how I trust you, the only words I have to say are...

THAT'S AMAZING BALANCE! I wish I was that coordinated... ph34r.gif

People forget about the balancing.

Do you have any idea how much strength is needed to hold yourself up like that with ONE hand. excl.gif

I did gymnastics through Uni and using the pommel horse was hard enough, sheeeeeeeeeeesh........and to think this lady is holding herself up by one hand out like that, I DONT THINK SOOOOOOOOO blink.gif

The majority of the people relate to photograph empathically... "I can't balance, so balancing isn't the answer."

That's really crazy stuff. Even if it is just balancing on one arm on a stick, my goodness, that's worthy of accolade.

How does David Blain do it? unsure.gif

Don't you people watch TV? They've shown how this is done several times. Hell, you can buy the kit to do it. It doesn't take any strength because you are sitting on a piece of metal. The flowing robe hides the device, which is pretty large. The arm is extended to cover the piece of metal that connects the seat to the vertical rod, which is also covered and is all connected to mopre metal on the ground covered by more blankets.

• 1 month later...
Guest skeptic

this is an old indian trick. the robe is covering up a steel pole in the ground. connected to the pole in a bench. this is one of the oldest tricks in the book (really, it is)/

• 3 weeks later...

Fair enough if levitation can be faked using metal rods - but how does the person 'levitating' get from the floor to mid-air? Or do they hide behind a veil/curtain until such time as they can say "OK look at me now".

I think they could quite possibly of had something around him while the fake levetation was set up and then removed the curtain veil or whatever and there you go...1 floating yogi. I mean the followers of these sort of people would believe any reason the yogi would have given them as to why he needed to be cover up untill he was levetating.

I also remember reading somewhere that it could also be a case of mass hypnotism, but can't find the article. What do people think? Could this also be possible?

Sageghost, I have heard of that happening also. I think it is definately a possibility.

HI Sageghost, I have also heard mention of that reason, but then

when a magician was on a tv program, I wondered how they were

able to affect every one watching at home too. ponder.gif

Especially when they made Diamond Head in Hawaii completely

disappear! ohmy.gif

I have to agree with K.C. on this one . I watched David Blane stand on a really high post for a very long time ( I'd be more acurate but I've been down the pub tongue.gif ) and people said that was mass hysteria. Forgive me if I am wrong but don't even the most advanced hypnotist's believe that not everyone is hypnotisable ( Wow I think I made up a new word biggrin.gif ) So how is it possible to make everybody present hallucinate the same thing ?

Allthough If the guy needed to cover up befor the hypnotism then possibly he had something to hide. huh.gif

biggrin.gif Hi Kismit. I understand where you and KC are coming from, but, if the 150 witnesses were followers of this man then I think hypnotising that many would not have been a problem. If they were average joes off the street then that would be another story.

Hi Oracle wiggle.gif (my drunkerd smilie biggrin.gif ),

If they where his follwers then possibly it could explain how there minds where easily bent . However it dosen't say that they where , it only states that there where 150 witnesses . tongue.gif

Maybe a person with the right sort of personality could convince people he is able to do something simply by the power of suggestion? They may not need to hypnotise people at all...they may not have ever done the thing they claim to be able to do in front of anyone...

Maybe simply by stating they can do this thing the rumour would circulate around...until one day you're talking about this person to someone else and they say "I've believe that he/she can levitate" (for example).

Over the course of years their unproven abilities may become a popular "urban legend" that some Westerner hears about in their travels.