Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection & OBE's

KeyLime

If anyone has some astral projection help/ experience/ information i would be really excited to hear their opinions.

My mother never ever talks about it but I remember her saying something to me as a child about it. She wont say anything more or admit she did it but the way she acts makes it clear she knows what im talking about and she regrets telling me about it.

she claimed she could do it as a kid

ive tried and come close many times.

my mother however believes that the bible forbids it and thinks that trying to project on purpose is a very harmful sin.

any input?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kitco

• White Crane Feather

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Blues Girl

I don't believe that for a second..... Then again I'm not Christian either..... religions that don't like spirit travel is because it wants spiritual power in the hands of clergy not the individual. ( my opinion)

You should check astral travel my technique under dreams and consciousness. Also I keep a blog. "a man awake"

If you need any help let me know I'd be happy to try and help. :)

If anyone has some astral projection help/ experience/ information i would be really excited to hear their opinions.

My mother never ever talks about it but I remember her saying something to me as a child about it. She wont say anything more or admit she did it but the way she acts makes it clear she knows what im talking about and she regrets telling me about it.

she claimed she could do it as a kid

ive tried and come close many times.

my mother however believes that the bible forbids it and thinks that trying to project on purpose is a very harmful sin.

any input?

Astral projection takes A lot of focus yet it may just be self Hypnosis that makes the user Have a " I think I did this before" thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, i did it once when i was a child, i saw an angelic being beside me which i believe was my guardian, i didn't actually move out of my physical body, not fully at least, tried and failed miserably, funny thing i was able to see myself from all directions...at the same time, i know it sounds weird. The sensation was amazing, you just can't describe it in words, its like your body is pure energy, i could hear my body vibrating, sounds like static electricity. When i finally moved back to my body, i struggled to move, it was as if my mind was out of sync with my body, scary, at least for me. After that experience, i can tell you 100% that people can actually move out of there physical body while asleep...

Some might think that it was just a dream or something, it wasn't, its the realest thing that happened to me. The memory is still fresh in my mind, it was as if it happened to me yesterday. The only childhood memory that i could describe in full detail.

My interest in this subject resurfaced after i randomly found a book at the school library called "Our Ultimate Reality" by Adrian.P.Cooper, after reading it, everything just came to place, couple of months ago, i tried to do it again, i almost separated when suddenly i came to the realization that i wasn't ready. I think it was my guardian... :cry: , after that i just didn't bother trying :innocent:

Edited by mojeeq

I don't believe that for a second..... Then again I'm not Christian either..... religions that don't like spirit travel is because it wants spiritual power in the hands of clergy not the individual. ( my opinion)

You should check astral travel my technique under dreams and consciousness. Also I keep a blog. "a man awake"

If you need any help let me know I'd be happy to try and help. :)

I think that they dont like it because it is influenced by Satan, if the gift is not bestowed by god, which dosent happen any more then it is satan. if you mess with those things you leave yourself vulnerable to satan - kitco's opinion.

I think that they dont like it because it is influenced by Satan, if the gift is not bestowed by god, which dosent happen any more then it is satan. if you mess with those things you leave yourself vulnerable to satan - kitco's opinion.

Hmmmmm. Well if by Satan you mean I'm vulnerable to an advisary. Then I'd guess your right----- because that is all the word means, and yes while in altered states I guess an advisary could sneak up on my body a wack me or something.

If you mean the mythical spirit being....,,well ......I'm just going to have to disagree even on it's existence.

Edited by Seeker79

any input?

This isn't true at all in my opinion and really you should explore for yourself whether this belief of your mothers is something you accept or reject. Just because she is your mum doesn't mean you are obliged to see things the same way she does. We should let our experiences shape our beliefs, not what a text or someone close to us thinks. Good luck.

Hmmmmm. Well if by Satan you mean I'm vulnerable to an advisary. Then I'd guess your right----- because that is all the word means, and yes while in altered states I guess an advisary could sneak up on my body a wack me or something.

If you mean the mythical spirit being....,,well ......I'm just going to have to disagree even on it's existence.

Satan: Opposer, Slanderer, Advisary, who is originator of the lie. the original Serpent.

There are certain dangers if you are new to it. Try not being able to get back into your own body. Or getting lost in an astral plane and not knowing how to get back. That happened to me. Not very fun. I don't try to astral project. It just happens to me sometimes. I don't like it very much. Thankfully it doesn't happen to me very often

First of all, the Bible has nothing to do with any of this. I can tell you from experience that allowing a book to limit your spirituality is harmful and oppressive. Nothing against Christianity but it really limits your horizons, I feel like I wasted so much time in church.

I'm actively trying to have an OBE, but between a restless baby and a tired mind, I've still got some work to do. I recommend that you read up on Astral Projection and work towards having an experience of your own.