Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the real answer to ghost hunting ?

Sakari

As many will agree to, there are thousands of " Paranormal Investigators" out there.Yet, we have not one piece of evidence convincing enough to give professionals ( Scientists,Universities, etc) even a small amount of interest.

But, there is interest, and evidence in the Psychological aspect of what people are seeing and hearing, and experiencing on these " hunts ".

Maybe enough people are interested in this aspect of " Ghost Hunting " and would like to participate in looking into facts and strong theories related to this....This is not about arguing if it is real or not, but rather a side of evidence that no one really takes time to discuss.

Here is a start to try to spark interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flYLTY4JmEc

A good link for some information :

Haunted Hoax

Edited by Sakari

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• greywolf

• Mabon

• ghoulish

Good find Sakari!

Yup, thrill seeking behavior. It's the same rush that people get from driving fast to sky diving and if someone is an adrenaline junkie sometimes the thrill needs to be bigger each time. http://stress.about.com/od/situationalstress/a/adrenaline0528.htm

Thrill seeking behavior from a group could be a big problem especially if a group who participates in that type of behavior is called to investigate inside a residential dwelling. Imagine the impact that could have on the family involved.

Mabon.

I have always wondered how much is real and how much is just our brain on emotion overload when participating in a paranormal investigation.

Why would you have to prove anything to anyone but yourself? What do I care that professionals of other fields believe or don't believe?

Great video Sakari. This is what I was pretty much thinking when I watch these "Ghost Hunters" shows and the like. They're so psyched that the over-react to anything around them, they let fear, paranoia and anticipation manipulate them.

Why would you have to prove anything to anyone but yourself? What do I care that professionals of other fields believe or don't believe?

Just because you think or want it to be true and real doesn't mean it is.

Those who "believe" condition their minds to interpret things so that they see what they expect and nothing else. A flash of light no longer is just a flash of light or a reflection but a spooky ghost, a clunking sound in the basement is no longer just normal sounds due to temp changes or water pipes but is now a ghost and the person refuses to acknowledge mundane explanations because that would rock their boat too much

I am a believer. However i do look for logical explanations in why something could happen. For example. A sweep on a cupboard within a house revealed an extremely high EMF reading. This was literally in red, however, logical explanation is that due to the copper piping the reading would be extremely high (cant remember the exact phrasing which Tony used). However upon this unusually high reading i wouldnt have thought that this was a portal of the ghosts within the house or any for that matter.

For instance banging on the windows, when viewing them within an old pub the windows were poorly insulated, which caused shaking.

I think all us believers are just out there also to want to wish something is there. However at this moment there is nothing to suggest that there is apart from own personal experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a believer. However i do look for logical explanations in why something could happen. For example. A sweep on a cupboard within a house revealed an extremely high EMF reading. This was literally in red, however, logical explanation is that due to the copper piping the reading would be extremely high (cant remember the exact phrasing which Tony used). However upon this unusually high reading i wouldnt have thought that this was a portal of the ghosts within the house or any for that matter.

For instance banging on the windows, when viewing them within an old pub the windows were poorly insulated, which caused shaking.

I think all us believers are just out there also to want to wish something is there. However at this moment there is nothing to suggest that there is apart from own personal experience.

People are looking for the "real" answers and I am trying to figure out why ghost hunters are using EMF meters. So there was high EMF reading in a cupboard, so what? What does that have to do with anything paranormal related. This idea that EMF hypersensitivity exists is just as proven as ghosts. There is no scientific data to support either ghosts or EMF hypersensitivity.

Edited by The Paranormal Skeptic

It almost seems futile. Science can never acknowledge ghosts because it could not be repeated in a laboratory. You can't bring in ghost DNA, or the body of one. And no matter how convincing an EVP or video someone gets, science can't base the existence of ghosts off that one evidence. They would need more, and ghosts are unpredictable about when they show up. I don't think science will ever be able to seriously look at ghosts.

It almost seems futile. Science can never acknowledge ghosts because it could not be repeated in a laboratory. You can't bring in ghost DNA, or the body of one. And no matter how convincing an EVP or video someone gets, science can't base the existence of ghosts off that one evidence. They would need more, and ghosts are unpredictable about when they show up. I don't think science will ever be able to seriously look at ghosts.

Agreed. I don't think this subject will ever be truly finished. There will always be people who agree that ghosts are real (like me), and there will always be people to argue this point. There will never be any definitive proof that ghosts exist until one actually sits down for an interview

• 3 weeks later...

My personal thought is 'Ghost Hunters' give spirit apparitions a bad name , for those of us who have actually seen spirit apparitions with our own eyes , no proof is needed , and just like 'Erowin' said , science can never prove ghosts .

And that's why The Randi Foundation will never lose their million dollars , it's an unproveable fact of life , if that's not too convoluted .

My personal thought is 'Ghost Hunters' give spirit apparitions a bad name , for those of us who have actually seen spirit apparitions with our own eyes , no proof is needed , and just like 'Erowin' said , science can never prove ghosts .

And that's why The Randi Foundation will never lose their million dollars , it's an unproveable fact of life , if that's not too convoluted .

That might be a record for most ways to derail a thread in 2 paragraphs......