Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Found: A 'Holy' White Elephant

UM-Bot

news icon rTo the untrained eye, it's just a bit on the pale side. To scientists and Buddhists, it's a miracle. White elephants are seen once in a blue moon. So it seems apt that such a fabled creature was sighted in southern Sri Lanka last month during precisely such a rare lunar event (when a second full moon appears in a single month).

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Independent

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• VampChilde18

• Janiel

• AztecInca

Top Posters In This Topic

Kool!!! does this animal have any great standing in the locals community. In a spiritual sense i man?

Eh, it albino, rare, but no big deal. It happens with other things too. Theres a temple some where ehabited by rats, where the people worship the rats. A white rat has been spotted and documented there. Theres a video somewhere, Im just too lazy to find it.

So cool!

I remember reading how honored elphants are in some places... To find a white one is supposed to be a huge honor.

I hope she has children. Maybe they'll be white too.

Eh, it albino, rare, but no big deal. It happens with other things too. Theres a temple some where ehabited by rats, where the people worship the rats. A white rat has been spotted and documented there. Theres a video somewhere, Im just too lazy to find it.

Some animals have more albino cases then others.

But when it's an animal that's reguarded as sacred and is a *VERY* rare occurance, it's special.

It's very much like the White Buffalo that was born a few years back. It's a very sacred to the plains tribes.

if i remember right, its has brown spots now, or its slowly fading to the normal color, but i might be wrong about the buffalo, as for the rat, its considered sacred at the temple where it lives, its just more common because rats reproduce a WHOLE lot faster, and thats why they are a pest *shiver*

No it's still white

Thats fantastic!!, that an albino elephant has been found and is surviving out in the wilderness!

Unless shes finds a mate who is also albino any children she has will be normal coloured, but it would be cool if she does find another albino elephant and they have little albino kiddies!!! thumbsup.gif