Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Twins take planking to another level

Still Waters

Lying face flat on the ground may not be the world's most glamorous photo pose but two Taiwanese 'planking' women have made a name for themselves on the Internet - and hope to use the craze to spread positive social messages.

Mirroring the dangerous behaviour that killed one man in Australia and left another seriously injured, Karren and Jinyu practice a safer version of the fast-growing global fad that involves lying face down.

In fact, they use it to promote causes, such as planking with stray dogs to draw attention to the plight of the animals, or planking in famous tourist spots to promote travel.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Princess Serenity

• Smithers

The world is a very weird place where people are beginning to lose the thread of connectivity between actions.

What on earth does lying face-down on the ground on the street have to do with helping dogs? Volunteer at a shelter. Have a car wash and save money for spaying and neutering of strays. Start a campaign to have more people adopt dogs responsibly.

This "hey look at me" for a cause is so silly and worthless. DO something for cryin' out load.

I know none of us have anything to do with this, but I think the Daily Mail need to learn what the word twin means. Two individuals who are three years apart in age aren't twins. :unsure2:One of them is 25, the other 28.

"Planking" is stupid. I don't know why this is the newest sensation.

Off: Really? Wow.

The world is a very weird place where people are beginning to lose the thread of connectivity between actions.

What on earth does lying face-down on the ground on the street have to do with helping dogs? Volunteer at a shelter. Have a car wash and save money for spaying and neutering of strays. Start a campaign to have more people adopt dogs responsibly.

This "hey look at me" for a cause is so silly and worthless. DO something for cryin' out load.

I couldn't agree more. These people think they are doing this for a cause when in reality it's not doing anything. They need to get off their lazy faces and physically HELP!

I know none of us have anything to do with this, but I think the Daily Mail need to learn what the word twin means. Two individuals who are three years apart in age aren't twins. :unsure2:One of them is 25, the other 28.

LOL! Minor detail.

Very strange LOL .. The ones who do it on moving cars really can't have much brains.

who wore a Japanese manga-inspired outfit and a red backpack

So the costume is all thought out too...

Most intelligent species on the planet....

When two guys wearing white jackets come to these girls front door carrying butterfly nets,,, they better run... it wont be the good humor men.

Doesn't look dangerous enough to appeal to kids... C'mon, anyone can lay on the ground, no guts no glory!... ^_^

Me thinks that they are just "board".

Oh the stupid things we now do thanks to FB..

How is this a new fad? I have a hundred photos of me doing the same thing back in my college days but no one thought it was that cool back then.

Edited by gertdogg

argh im so over this planking! :rolleyes:

My buddy does that after a few beers. Usually has vomit on his face next time we see him.