Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sightings warn of alien invasion

STONEFIELD BEACH, Ore. – The search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) is the collective name for a search for intelligent extraterrestrial life, but famed British scientist Stephen Hawking is warning that the SETI efforts ...

http://www.huliq.com/10282/ufo-sightings-warn-alien-invasion-states-stephen-hawking-who-fears-seti%E2%80%99s-search

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• BunnyGirl

• DONTEATUS

• booNyzarC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if it's because I'm tired, but I can't read the article properly. The way it's written seems terrible to me.

You're not tired, you're correct! Lots of misspelled/misused words. I don't think the article was written by a journalist...

First of all SETI was shutdown on my knowledge, second Hawking might be right were sending signals to space to whatever,whoever is out there. And we have no idea if that will end up good for us or bad.

http://www.huliq.com/10282/ufo-sightings-warn-alien-invasion-states-stephen-hawking-who-fears-seti%E2%80%99s-search

Davros-Hawking-small.jpg

You should have listened to me... EXTERMINATE!!!

Mr. Hawking i salute u

I remember Hawking saying something similar to what this article states over a year and a half ago, but this article grossly exaggerates what he said and even takes a lot of it out of context.

Did anyone else watch his series on Discovery? It was fantastic.. I couldn't find the clip, but I know for a fact that he discounts all ufo sightings as ET craft. Thus, this article is garbage..

Well, I'm not sure they could take us all out to get our stuff, but I'm damn sure honing my guerrilla warfare skills!

Wish they would hurry already and plunder our land.........................least we would have confirmation!

So what's the supposed synopsis? That frequent sightings may be a warning of a future invasion? I highly doubt that. Let's say ET has been here for decades and our Governments are well aware of them. They would have obviously made some type of communication and agreement/contract, etc. Who knows how deep that rabbit hole would be!

Legaia is correct about Hawking's stand on the ETH. I doubt his opinion will change. His show was very entertaining. Right up there with Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole.

First of all SETI was shutdown on my knowledge, second Hawking might be right were sending signals to space to whatever,whoever is out there. And we have no idea if that will end up good for us or bad.

SETI hasn't been shut down. SETI is not actually one thing but is the collective name for studies that people undertake to search for ET. Some of the most well-known projects are run by the SETI Institute.

On April 22, 2011, one project went into "hibernation" due to funding shortfalls for operations of the Allen Telescope Array (ATA) that provides data to SETI.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI#Sentinel.2C_META.2C_and_BETA

STONEFIELD BEACH, Ore. – The search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) is the collective name for a search for intelligent extraterrestrial life, but famed British scientist Stephen Hawking is warning that the SETI efforts ...

In his book A Brief History of Time, Hawking suggests that "alerting" extraterrestrial intelligences of our existence is foolhardy, citing mankind's history of treating his fellow man harshly in meetings of civilizations with a significant technology gap. He suggests, in view of this history, that we "lay low".

The concern over SETI was raised by the science journal Nature in an editorial in October 2006, which commented on a recent meeting of the International Academy of Astronautics SETI study group. The editor said, "It is not obvious that all extraterrestrial civilizations will be benign, or that contact with even a benign one would not have serious repercussions" (Nature Vol 443 12 Oct 06 p 606). Astronomer and science fiction author David Brin has expressed similar concerns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI#.22Active.22_SETI

Not to mention that there is no town called Stonefield Beach in Oregon. There is a beach named that, but there is no town there.

I think it is a valid point that aliens could possibly come and wipe us out, or... they might be benevolent, it is really hard to say, they are... alien... after all. They would be technologically more advanced then us. Aliens would probably have to be inside our solar system to detect us as is and by then it would be too late anyway.

Davros-Hawking-small.jpg

You should have listened to me... EXTERMINATE!!!

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten him to do that? It would be hilarious.

Not only could but most certainly WOULD.

It's not rocket science..any alien civilisation capable of crossing the vastness of space to get here...isn't coming for a two week vacation and a barbecue.

“We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet,” states Hawking in a statement that was not previously released to the public do to fear it would cause coming from one of the world’s top brains.

So.... aliens will come to Earth, and do exactly what we are doing ?. Why then can't we just get along and go to planet to planet with them destroying everything ?.

Edited by bison

The funny thing, is that in the Scientific community, Hawking is considered somewhat of a chump.

Some Chumps carry a Big Stick,and then again It wont matter If you cant Swing it !

SETI wasn't shut down...they lost funding for their array...there was an article the other day or week about them using "Greenbank" Observatory to study some 86 near planets in a presumed "goldilocks" zone...

Why do people listen to this guy? So much of what he says is nonsense for being such a "genius". No doubt he is a very intelligent person, but he is blind to the things that can't be computed or understood by humans.

Not only could but most certainly WOULD.

It's not rocket science..any alien civilisation capable of crossing the vastness of space to get here...isn't coming for a two week vacation and a barbecue.

I think that aliens coming here to take our Resources is BS. Resources are a lot easier to get in space. If they just needed chemicals and materials, the asteroids and planets with little atmosphere would be a lot easier to work with. Even oxygen, hydrogen and carbon are easier to get on moons and asteroids and comets then it is to get them off of Earth and into space.

The only reason they would need an Earth type planet is settlement... living space. Except... if they came all the way here (Be it in FTL ships, or hugh generation ships) they would have the technology to live in space for extended periods, so again they don't need Earth.

Our goose is cooked already who did the prophants of the Bible and the Koran make a deal with we don't know thats the problem folks.

I used to really respect this man, but the weird stuff coming out of his mouth recently has me doubting his sanity. Don't attempt to contact other civilizations out of fear???? How stupid is that? Yes, there's a chance you could get beat up by another civilization, but think about it. I would hope a civilization that is advanced enough to reach us would be advanced enough to not attack us.

Then you have him talking about God not existing. Ahhhh Stevie... stick to what you know. Science. Leave religion to those that obviously know more than yourself. I have no doubt that this man doesn't believe in God because he is stuck in that worthless body of his and blames God for it. Either way, he just needs to shut up about it.

So sorry if I sound mean, but I'm really sick of hearing this nonsense coming out of such a brilliant man.

Our goose is cooked already who did the prophants of the Bible and the Koran make a deal with we don't know thats the problem folks.

Could you expound on this ramble a little? I have no idea what you are talking about. I think your trying to be funny, but I'm missing it.