Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sightings warn of alien invasion

Why do people listen to this guy? So much of what he says is nonsense for being such a "genius". No doubt he is a very intelligent person, but he is blind to the things that can't be computed or understood by humans.

I so totally agree. I used to listen to everything he ever spoke about, but lately he has gone off the deep end. I wish he'd just shut up. He just makes himself look stpuid... and considering who he is that is pretty hard to do!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• BunnyGirl

• DONTEATUS

• booNyzarC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it was a revelatory article for me, as I didn't know we had any resources left to plunder......except possibly the water in the ocean. I doubt there's a shortage of that in the universe.

Kind of a questionable article anyway.

I think that aliens coming here to take our Resources is BS. Resources are a lot easier to get in space. If they just needed chemicals and materials, the asteroids and planets with little atmosphere would be a lot easier to work with. Even oxygen, hydrogen and carbon are easier to get on moons and asteroids and comets then it is to get them off of Earth and into space.

The only reason they would need an Earth type planet is settlement... living space. Except... if they came all the way here (Be it in FTL ships, or hugh generation ships) they would have the technology to live in space for extended periods, so again they don't need Earth.

If they were to come here for that, it would not be to live among us, in all likelihood our planet would just be terraformed to meet their habitat requirements and everything we know including us would be gone.

STONEFIELD BEACH, Ore. – The search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) is the collective name for a search for intelligent extraterrestrial life, but famed British scientist Stephen Hawking is warning that the SETI efforts ...

http://www.huliq.com/10282/ufo-sightings-warn-alien-invasion-states-stephen-hawking-who-fears-seti%E2%80%99s-search

If they are really that smart and advanced, (enough to be a threat to us) they must have already know about us and our location long before we started signaling, so what's the hype ?

I think the fear of being plundered by selfish aliens is unfoundered. It only stands to reason that, the further up the evolutionary ladder you go, the less 'barbaric' the lifeform becomes. Man still has a little ways to go, but he is beginning to find his way. Survival value.

This is a load of crap, aliens have been mining earth's resources before humans ever walked the earth. How old is Earth again? And aliens would only come now? My my, aren't we so lucky to witness that...

I would be scared,Very Scared.

If they want our Planet Were toast.

Idk why everyone is talking like they're an expert on the matter. Not many know what is really out there so how can you say there IS a god and that aliens WOULD be friendly? Think about how intelligent stephen is - he obviously didn't just throw this book together without any research so don't be so quick to criticize.

What the heck is HULIQ?

This site reads like a blog more than a news site, the article is just a bunch of musings pulled from a site like this, misconceptions about Hawking's statement intact.

It is sad that some people think Stephen Hawkins is not one of our times brightest Minds.

And He is correct about making contact,It may not be a very Smart thing. :devil::alien:

I used to really respect this man, but the weird stuff coming out of his mouth recently has me doubting his sanity. Don't attempt to contact other civilizations out of fear???? How stupid is that? Yes, there's a chance you could get beat up by another civilization, but think about it. I would hope a civilization that is advanced enough to reach us would be advanced enough to not attack us.

Then you have him talking about God not existing. Ahhhh Stevie... stick to what you know. Science. Leave religion to those that obviously know more than yourself. I have no doubt that this man doesn't believe in God because he is stuck in that worthless body of his and blames God for it. Either way, he just needs to shut up about it.

So sorry if I sound mean, but I'm really sick of hearing this nonsense coming out of such a brilliant man.

I am afraid it is merely your own misconceptions that you are disappointed in. Hawking's speculations have been taken way out of context by inept journalists, such as this one referenced by the OP. He does not say "Do not contact other civilisations out of fear" he says, what if Alien are not all friendly? Big difference. The medias incompetence has blown his words well out of proportion. His message is quite clear if you watch his latest effort.

And why is Hawking not allowed a philosophical position regarding religion? In a Brief History of Time, he says "If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason – for then we should know the mind of God." He does not say God does not exist, his latest work just says that he feels God was not necessary to create the Universe. How do you know he is not alluding to an even bigger picture? If he can show why he thinks such, who are we to say "do not think, we are telling you what to think"? Is not diversity of knowledge and opinion something to celebrate? And whom are you saying to leave religion to? Religion has been under some fire in recent times, how about all the child abuse coming to light? Those are the people you say we should leave religion to? Is that really a better solution than trying to really work things out? Remember, quite somme time ago the same people said the Universe revolves around the earth, and not like it when this was proven wrong. Are you not just doing the same here?

His "worthless body" has travelled the world, and space, and witnessed wonders you and I can only dream of. You are indeed just being mean. Dawkins is much meaner with his religious stance, and he is entitled to it. Annoying that Bible Bashers just want you to believe and refuse to allow opinion or research contrary to that belief.

What is nonsense is the medias interpretations of his thoughts, and that so few seem to pick up on this. His brilliance alone ought to be a huge red flag to all those that are being mislead by the medias poor interpretations.

The funny thing, is that in the Scientific community, Hawking is considered somewhat of a chump.

??

That is why he spent 30 years as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge? Now Emeritus Lucasian Professor of Mathematics. Invited to take the same positions as Newton? And works with Kip Thorne and John Preskill of Caltech? Not to mention the statue of Hawking by renowned late artist Ian Walters which was unveiled at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology, University of Cambridge? Or the statue of Hawking was unveiled at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences in Cape Town. Then we have the Stephen W. Hawking Science Museum in San Salvador, El Salvador is named in honour of Stephen Hawking, citing his scientific distinction and perseverance in dealing with adversity. And the Stephen Hawking Building in Cambridge opened on 17 April 2007.

Geez, if this is a chump, I wouldn't mind being regarded a chump. I have no idea how you would come to this conclusion. Hawking is an amazing person.

It is sad that some people think Stephen Hawkins is not one of our times brightest Minds.

Indeed friend, you have the nail square on the head there.

It is tremendously disappointing that so few read his words, and then deride him on the medias interpretation of his words. One would think after the way the media tore up Edgar Mitchell's claims and created their own version of Alien news, that we would have learned a thing or two.

Apparently not.

And He is correct about making contact,It may not be a very Smart thing. :devil::alien:

Indeed, who is to say what wonders and terrors behold us in that vast expanse.

It only stands to reason that, the further up the evolutionary ladder you go, the less 'barbaric' the lifeform becomes.

I would have to disagree with you here. Evolution and/or intellect have no bearing at all on what we would consider 'moral values'.

I would have to disagree with you here. Evolution and/or intellect have no bearing at all on what we would consider 'moral values'.

True, we humans are top of evolutionary ladder on Earth yet would not think twice about killing an insect, and we would be likely be mere insects to those advanced enough to come here.

Yes, the article is old and somewhat twisted off the original I saw a few years ago.

Hawkings based that presumption on the ecological problems of invasive species into a "non-native" habitat and second on the theory that cro magnon killed off the neanderthal...

from that he extrapolated:

"If" an ET species could make it here, they are more technologically advanced than we are.

"If" they are hostile, there is probably not much we could do about it.

2 very big "if's"

I don't think he ever "warned"...I think he questioned the wisdom of inviting them for dinner....

I think that aliens coming here to take our Resources is BS. Resources are a lot easier to get in space. If they just needed chemicals and materials, the asteroids and planets with little atmosphere would be a lot easier to work with. Even oxygen, hydrogen and carbon are easier to get on moons and asteroids and comets then it is to get them off of Earth and into space.

The only reason they would need an Earth type planet is settlement... living space. Except... if they came all the way here (Be it in FTL ships, or hugh generation ships) they would have the technology to live in space for extended periods, so again they don't need Earth.

Absolutely right!

Always irks me when people say that aliens advanced enough to be able to get around the light speed problem would have some sinister reason for attacking us.

Plain and simply - they have no needs when they're that advanced!

<SNIP.....

....and then deride him on the medias interpretation of his words. One would think after the way the media tore up Edgar Mitchell's claims and created their own version of Alien news, that we would have learned a thing or two.

<SNIP>

What do you mean about Edgar Mitchell's claims? Because I recently read his book and he's making some pretty spectacular (yes ALIEN) claims all by himself! ;)

Edited by Paxus

Stephen Hawking has lost his marbles. I just hope he's wrong. :w00t:

What do you mean about Edgar Mitchell's claims? Because I recently read his book and he's making some pretty spectacular (yes ALIEN) claims all by himself! ;)

He is making spectacular claims, but for others.

The media is constantly saying that Dr. Mitchell can verify Alien life visiting earth, and that he has proof.

More on moonwalker Edgar Mitchell's claim that space aliens have visited earth

Aliens really are here

Aliens exist and UFOs are covered-up by US government, says ex-astronaut

Apollo 14 astronaut claims aliens HAVE made contact - but it has been covered up for 60 years

They all have the same common theme, this from the last link

Aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, the sixth man to walk on the moon has claimed.

But Dr. Mitchell says he has no evidence, nor has he witnessed such, the old timers told him so and he believes them, and that he has walked past the Foster ranch. In the following interview, Dr. Mitchell himself says the media has blown his claims out of proportion. In addition, he also says he was specifically referring to one incident.

Astronaut Edgar Mitchell Sets Record Straight About E.T. Beliefs

LB: As we were mentioning before the show started, you really stirred up a hornet’s nest, strangely enough, and like you said, you’ve been saying this for years.

EM: I don’t know what really got things stirred up, perhaps it was the Larry King show. I don’t know.

LB: Could be. But basically people are freaking out that you were aware of several UFO visits.

EM: That’s not quite right. You use that in the plural. I was talking about the Roswell incident, the Roswell visitation primarily, but there have been many others that have been reported that I have no personal awareness of but that was the one that I was really talking about.

LB: So the interview has been a little misquoted. But you actually have information about the Roswell incident?

EM: Yes and my information comes from what I call “the old timers,” because I grew up in the Roswell area and when I went to the moon, some of the old timers from that period, some locals, and others military and intelligence people, who were under rather severe oaths to not reveal any of this and kind of wanted to get their conscience clear and off their chests before they passed on, selected me and said, independently – this wasn’t a group effort – independently that maybe I might be a safe person to tell their story to. And all of them confirmed, and what I’m saying is they confirmed the Roswell incident was a real incident and they in some way had some part in it that they wanted to talk about.

Dr. Mitchell says others told him about Aliens, and that he believes them. That is the extent of his input. The media makes out that he is aware of much more. His claims are sensationalised, which is why the media exists - to sell papers. I expect this from them, but I think people could use some more control when reading what is essentially an entertainment medium.

Edited by psyche101

Stephen Hawking has lost his marbles. I just hope he's wrong. :w00t:

Another one that reads the newspaper as opposed to what the person actually says.

Yes, the article is old and somewhat twisted off the original I saw a few years ago.

Hawkings based that presumption on the ecological problems of invasive species into a "non-native" habitat and second on the theory that cro magnon killed off the neanderthal...

from that he extrapolated:

"If" an ET species could make it here, they are more technologically advanced than we are.

"If" they are hostile, there is probably not much we could do about it.

2 very big "if's"

I don't think he ever "warned"...I think he questioned the wisdom of inviting them for dinner....

Ahh, refreshing to see that some DO read what the person says!

I just do not get why he is not allowed to speculate. Everyone else does it, when he does, people jump on him from all over the place.