Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sightings warn of alien invasion

Absolutely right!

Always irks me when people say that aliens advanced enough to be able to get around the light speed problem would have some sinister reason for attacking us.

Plain and simply - they have no needs when they're that advanced!

The Japanese think that killing Whales to preserve heritage is just fine. Not too many from the rest of the world agree.

Why can a species not find altercation culturally attractive? It might be a sign of strength.

r608098_3999510.jpg

Or a species that steals technology, and this technique is working for them?

Star+Trek+TNG+Season+2+Episode+17+Samaritan+Snare+Pakleds.jpg

Or perhaps some type of Reptillian (Much as I hate the ideal due to the likes of Icke) who has an evolutionary grudge against mammals?

I think the Universe and it's possibilities are too large to discount possible cultural adaptions. That is indeed an infinite possibility.

Edited by psyche101

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• BunnyGirl

• DONTEATUS

• booNyzarC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And in saying so When they Land to Eat us all Whatz-ya-gonna Do when they Come for you ! Bad Boys Bad Boys !

But really psyche101 Whats your slant on the facts that we really have no Facts about E.T ?

Its all conjecture and stories !

As for thinking Stephen Hawkings is a wack case One that thinks that has not a clue to His Importance in our Lifes.

On every Level He`s a Trooper and a Mind of the Ages.

It really gets ones Goat when I see some one talk negitive`s abouth Him !

E.T maybe just all in our heads But Life is Out there Every time a Bolt of Lighting Strikes the Ground I think of the Life thats inside its Powerful Discharge !

Unfortunately, Hawking is usually right :/

How many speciese from our own planet have we walked over to get what we want? We even kill each other over oil...

Edited by Finity

I have to admit I don't think its a good idea to broadcast Earths whereabouts to the entire universe. I think some ET's would treat us like we treat animals and sometimes each other. I've never witnessed a UFO myself but there have been too many people that have claimed sightings for me to say they are all nuts.

Aliens cool. Can't wait :yes:

SETI might be directing signals, but we've been pumping out radio 'pollution' in all directions for over a century.

Like some noisy neighbour over the hill having a loud party.

Be a bit ironic if the first contact we had with an Alien lifeform was a message saying 'can you keep the noise down please'.

Hi all~

This article came through my Google Alerts recently, even though his statement regarding potential malevolent ET life was made about a year or so ago in his short series Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking. At that time, many people (just as is happening again with this article) have taken what he said out of the overall context of that episode.

Also, as has been touched on in this thread previously, the piece is kind of a botch job. The title itself is completely misleading and probably done so purposely. Hawking never said that "UFO sightings warn of an alien invasion," as the title of the article implies (and states).

Now, despite what many may think, the possibility of an advanced malevolent civilization existing, is just that: a possibility -- regardless of how unlikely. We simply have no idea of knowing that all advanced civilizations in the universe reach a level of 'enlightenment' or whatever, thereby becoming peaceful, life-respecting beings.

While it's probable that any visiting ETs would be highly advanced in comparison to our own levels of technology, it isn't impossible that a civilization only slightly more advanced could reach us. Many people assume that if we were contacted, that the visitors would be thousands, if not millions of years ahead of our measly nuclear age. The main argument being that a space-faring peoples would need to find a way around the limitations of the light-speed barrier, and therefore have attained a level of science and technology that far exceeds are own. But what if a civiliation that was a mere few hundred or even a thousand years our senior paid a visit? Would they have reached 'enlightenment' as a whole at their respective stage and come as beneloent visitors? Maybe. Maybe not. Will we cast away our waring and primitive ways in a few hundred years? Can we safely say that by 3011 that there will be no more war, hate, ruthlesness, and so on? As usual, it's not a simple argument of what we view as right and wrong. Our anthropomorphic tendencies often rule our opinions, often disregarding the possibilities that how we think we should aspire to be as a more mature civilization is not how all extraterrestrial civilizations aspire to be.

But let's assume for the sake of discussion that all mature civilizations do reach a point in which all life is preserved and respected, even to the detriment of their own survival (whatever that might mean to them). How far along the evolutionary and technological scale would you say they'd have to be? 10,000 Earth-years our senior? 500,000? 1,000,000? Is it possible, as I've suggested above, that beings from another world only a few hundred or a thousand years ahead of humanity would still think in terms of militaristic colonization and survival? Yes, of course it's possible. "But how would they get to us if they haven't matured enough to achieve a more efficient form of interstellar travel?" Hell, I don't know. Maybe they detected Earth as a suitable planet for insert_reason_here and left their world thousands of years ago, remaining in a state of hibernation for most of the journey. *shrugs* Who can say for certain?

The point is that though it may seem unlikely, it isn't impossible -- and I think that's kind of where Hawking was coming from when he made his statement. We really don't know squat about potential alien civilizations, their makeup, or their motives -- so maybe we should think about that.

Personally, I don't necessarily believe we should keep 'radio' silence, as some people feel, but I do believe that considering the potential outcomes of broadcasting our existence is a pretty good idea. No one likes to get caught with their pants around their ankles.

Edited by BunnyGirl

No one likes to get caught with their pants around their ankles.

Well, almost no one.

well if they are up there and i think they are..i would really like to see them pop up if there friendly we could learn so much from them an they might even learn from us sure they would be advanced but from reports i hear there social skills are lacking somewhat lol..i just hope they wouldn't be like that lot from skyline or the strogg cuz it would be time to fill pants lol...sorry just feelin a lil different today XD

Maybe if they were violent and wanted to destroy us,it would look something like this video.Wich was done so well,Sam Rami the famous director who did the evil dead movies,he hired the guy who made this.(right after seeing this video)

Maybe if they were violent and wanted to destroy us,it would look something like this video.Wich was done so well,Sam Rami the famous director who did the evil dead movies,he hired the guy who made this.(right after seeing this video)

Wow, that was really impressive. Thanks for posting it. :tu:

Wow, that was really impressive. Thanks for posting it. :tu:

Yeah,a very talented film maker.Great really,considering he made it on a very small budget.I heard it was around $300,but when i look at the video,im thinking they must have made a mistake and closer to $3,000.Wich is still dirt cheap for all the effects and time and effort.Sam Rami gave the guy a contract,and he did really well as far as that amount.

Our own imaginations are but a glimpse into the possibilities of our future !

So.... aliens will come to Earth, and do exactly what we are doing ?. Why then can't we just get along and go to planet to planet with them destroying everything ?.

:innocent:I believe that we "Hatch" off of this thing we live on called "earth" All the trees and natural resources are the "Yolk" we use it all up and "Destroy" everything,... all the while evolving from monkeys to humans to "Them" We gradually become smarter and smarter,... while using up everything here on this "Egg" we eventually are too smart to stay here, and cannot as we used it up, then "Hatch" FLY AWAY in a flying saucer ship,... leaving this "egg shell" to float around in space with all the other "Planets"...... You see, they are just coming around to check on the "Nest" we are baby "Them" and this thing we live on is their "Egg" it can only go further and further,.. from monkey to this body,..... from horse and buggy to airplane,.... from radio to computers,..... Geez,... we are just embryos on an egg........ Maybe 1,000,000 years to us is a week to them,......we already are cloning things,... maybe that is how we all end up looking the same :alien:

Edited by Lilly
overly large text reduced

Hi all~

This article came through my Google Alerts recently, even though his statement regarding potential malevolent ET life was made about a year or so ago in his short series Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking. At that time, many people (just as is happening again with this article) have taken what he said out of the overall context of that episode.

Also, as has been touched on in this thread previously, the piece is kind of a botch job. The title itself is completely misleading and probably done so purposely. Hawking never said that "UFO sightings warn of an alien invasion," as the title of the article implies (and states).

Now, despite what many may think, the possibility of an advanced malevolent civilization existing, is just that: a possibility -- regardless of how unlikely. We simply have no idea of knowing that all advanced civilizations in the universe reach a level of 'enlightenment' or whatever, thereby becoming peaceful, life-respecting beings.

While it's probable that any visiting ETs would be highly advanced in comparison to our own levels of technology, it isn't impossible that a civilization only slightly more advanced could reach us. Many people assume that if we were contacted, that the visitors would be thousands, if not millions of years ahead of our measly nuclear age. The main argument being that a space-faring peoples would need to find a way around the limitations of the light-speed barrier, and therefore have attained a level of science and technology that far exceeds are own. But what if a civiliation that was a mere few hundred or even a thousand years our senior paid a visit? Would they have reached 'enlightenment' as a whole at their respective stage and come as beneloent visitors? Maybe. Maybe not. Will we cast away our waring and primitive ways in a few hundred years? Can we safely say that by 3011 that there will be no more war, hate, ruthlesness, and so on? As usual, it's not a simple argument of what we view as right and wrong. Our anthropomorphic tendencies often rule our opinions, often disregarding the possibilities that how we think we should aspire to be as a more mature civilization is not how all extraterrestrial civilizations aspire to be.

But let's assume for the sake of discussion that all mature civilizations do reach a point in which all life is preserved and respected, even to the detriment of their own survival (whatever that might mean to them). How far along the evolutionary and technological scale would you say they'd have to be? 10,000 Earth-years our senior? 500,000? 1,000,000? Is it possible, as I've suggested above, that beings from another world only a few hundred or a thousand years ahead of humanity would still think in terms of militaristic colonization and survival? Yes, of course it's possible. "But how would they get to us if they haven't matured enough to achieve a more efficient form of interstellar travel?" Hell, I don't know. Maybe they detected Earth as a suitable planet for insert_reason_here and left their world thousands of years ago, remaining in a state of hibernation for most of the journey. *shrugs* Who can say for certain?

The point is that though it may seem unlikely, it isn't impossible -- and I think that's kind of where Hawking was coming from when he made his statement. We really don't know squat about potential alien civilizations, their makeup, or their motives -- so maybe we should think about that.

Personally, I don't necessarily believe we should keep 'radio' silence, as some people feel, but I do believe that considering the potential outcomes of broadcasting our existence is a pretty good idea. No one likes to get caught with their pants around their ankles.

FOLKS We have a WINNER!!!

star_trek_clap_clap_gif.gif

Well Said. Never met, but I like you. :wub: A hearty welcome to UM Bunny Girl.

Edited by psyche101

Well Said. Never met, but I like you. :wub: A hearty welcome to UM Bunny Girl.

Thanks, Psyche :)

Perceptivefeedback, please do not post in such overly large text. It's not only difficult to read but could be construed as *shouting* ones opinion. Thanks

Thanks, Psyche :)

Dang ! Im slippin on my Welcome Red carpet Greetings ! "Welcome Earth Woman to U/M "

Are you telling us your a bunnyGirl? Thats nice ! We need a bunny in the mix !

Great post too ! Its a great Forum you will Love it ! Again Welcome !justDONTEATUS :innocent:

post-68971-0-72186800-1307735226_thumb.g

Dang ! Im slippin on my Welcome Red carpet Greetings ! "Welcome Earth Woman to U/M "

Are you telling us your a bunnyGirl? Thats nice ! We need a bunny in the mix !

Great post too ! Its a great Forum you will Love it ! Again Welcome !justDONTEATUS :innocent:

Aww, thanks Donteatus. And no, not really an actual bunny ;) It's just a name a friend stuck me with on another forum long ago -- though the actual name was 'BunnyCakes'.

Our government (the USA) and others such as Canada have been keeping its' eyes on the skies whenever UFO reports come in, and the signs are obviously clear: the more UFO sightings and alien visitations leading to abductions increase, the more we should prepare for a possible or feasible attack on our planet. So far, we have been left alone, but the Zeta Reticulian Greys :alien: proven themselves to exist and still remain in hiding, to keep their agenda very secret from us and we must know before it's too late.

Our government (the USA) and others such as Canada have been keeping its' eyes on the skies whenever UFO reports come in, and the signs are obviously clear: the more UFO sightings and alien visitations leading to abductions increase, the more we should prepare for a possible or feasible attack on our planet. So far, we have been left alone, but the Zeta Reticulian Greys :alien: proven themselves to exist and still remain in hiding, to keep their agenda very secret from us and we must know before it's too late.

If they are in hiding to protect their secret agenda, how do we know that they have a secret agenda to protect?

Awesome!!! Insanely good production,music from resident evil... Epic...One flaw those things would be detected probably when they would be nearby earth. Army would react faster...Still freakin' awesome movie!!!

Just a thought as far as Mr.Hawking is concerned. He's clearly a very intelligent guy, but he has been very wrong on numerous occasions :yes:

Edited by Finguz