Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human Brain Limits Twitter Friends To 150

Persia

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Persia

• MySummerJob

• Pezmo

• voidla

I first thought this thread said our brains limit a 150 character limit, I was like what? XD

Interesting study, but I think this would be better linked up with facebook and myspace =/

In my opinion, there are some things science can't measure, and that includes the definition of the word "friend". People define friendship in different ways, and I believe there are people who genuinely believe they have more than 150 friends.

Edited by DearPrudynce

To me a friend is someone you do things with outside of work, like go fishing or hang out at a bar or go to a movie with or have over to your house for a bar-b-q. The people you work with are co-workers and anyone else is a neighbor or an acquaintance. By that definition most of us have very few real friends.

Its all about how good of a friend those people are, you're always better of with a few good friends that are like family instead of having hundreds who you aren't tight with. You can always rely on a few close friends.