Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London Bridge Ghost Tour

Farmer77

Hi all. Just discovered that my little town has a paranormal group which gives tours of the London Bridge here in Lake Havasu City, AZ. I don't know why i never thought of it before but that bridge (theoretically) has enough history for a million different hauntings.

The guys website is pretty lame : http://www.sirgothic.com/ but I guess that isn't necessarily a sign of the quality of the tour.

Anyways im thinking of taking my oldest kid on the tour (he's 11 and would love it) and I was just curious if anyone out there has taken the tour or investigated the bridge.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Graves

• Farmer77

• rashore

• Ealdwita

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be cool if it was the old bridge that had the heads on spikes. The bridge that was sent to AZ, did see some interesting things though.

Would be cool if it was the old bridge that had the heads on spikes. The bridge that was sent to AZ, did see some interesting things though.

yeah thats the bridge! Thats why I say it certainly has potential

The guys website is kind of hokey. Extra funny they say the tour is on the list for William and Kate- based off a suggestion from an article.

The website is pretty sparse, you don't even know how long or what kind of tour it is really.

A clue might be the site claims 2000 years of gruesome history, but the bridge that is in AZ is a little less than 200 years old. The site the bridge was originally located at has been used as a crossing for around 2000 years.

I'm not sure about the Jack the Ripper claim either. He wasn't cornered and killed there, and I'm pretty sure none of his victims were found on the bridge. There was a movie from the 80's starring David Hasslehoff about that though.

yeah thats the bridge! Thats why I say it certainly has potential

That's the older bridge that was around for 600 years. The one built after that was sold and sent to AZ.

The owners of the site/tour should read up on the history of London Bridge. Even a quick look at Wikipedia would help. It would also make them look better if they have someone in the group that might know about the history of it.

sounds like an interesting tour. let us know how it was. :cat:

I would like to thank everybody for the interesting conversation about my tour and my lame website.We are constantly working on the website it is under construction. constantly changing but thank you for your comments as far as your comments about the London Bridge. Jack the Ripper and the Royals you should really not comment on things that you have no ideal about especially when it comes to the London Bridge. I have been a paranormal investigator for over 38 years received my first EVP in 1974. I have over 1500 hrs. of research into the London Bridge not on the web and a eight year paranormal investigation on the London Bridge and Lake Havasu City with my paranormal team . We have been doing the tour on the London Bridge for over five years. I have been to London I've been to the London Bridge experience. I have talked to experts and people who have seen Ghosts at the London Bridge from all over the planet.We are currently writing a book about these experiences on the London Bridge. I thank you for your comments.

Edited by Graves

I would like to thank everybody for the interesting conversation about my tour and my lame website.We are constantly working on the website it is under construction. constantly changing but thank you for your comments as far as your comments about the London Bridge. Jack the Ripper and the Royals you should really not comment on things that you have no ideal about especially when it comes to the London Bridge. I have been a paranormal investigator for over 38 years received my first EVP in 1974. I have over 1500 hrs. of research into the London Bridge not on the web and a eight year paranormal investigation on the London Bridge and Lake Havasu City with my paranormal team . We have been doing the tour on the London Bridge for over five years. I have been to London I've been to the London Bridge experience. I have talked to experts and people who have seen Ghosts at the London Bridge from all over the planet.We are currently writing a book about these experiences on the London Bridge. I thank you for your comments.

Hey you're welcome. I was gonna take my son on your tour this weekend but decided that it would be better to do it on a weeknight when maybe the channel wouldn't be so busy, so hopefully I can pocket enough cash to make it on Tuesday.

You mention your paranormal team. Are there any other locations in the immediate vicinity that you would recommend visiting?

BTW im no computer whiz by any means but I would love to help out with your site!

Look forward to meeting you

Well shoot, good to have ya at UM :)

Tell us about the tour. How long is it, what sorts of stuff gets covered? Is there stuff pre-1824, has there been new stuff since the bridge was moved to AZ?

And since you are here... What is the connection between Jack the Ripper and the London Bridge in AZ? I realize that particular bridge was around when Jack was. That bridge was very close to the Whitechapel area. But as I said before, he wasn't cornered on the bridge, and I don't know of any of his victims that were found on the bridge. I know I may be incorrect in that, but hey, since you got all the research, do share please :)

I'm also curious what the connection is between the great fire and the bridge. The great fire of 1666? I may be mistaken again, but wasn't the bridge that survived that fire the one that was eventually replaced by the one AZ now has?

Sorry I think your website is hokey.. But you really don't have a lot of information on it. And hey, with years of research and investigation, I would think you got all sorts of cool nuggets of information to put up :)

Hey you're welcome. I was gonna take my son on your tour this weekend but decided that it would be better to do it on a weeknight when maybe the channel wouldn't be so busy, so hopefully I can pocket enough cash to make it on Tuesday.

You mention your paranormal team. Are there any other locations in the immediate vicinity that you would recommend visiting?

BTW im no computer whiz by any means but I would love to help out with your site!

Look forward to meeting you

I was hoping you would be able to make it on Monday night at eight o'clock in front of the visitors center in the old English village bring a camera don't worry about the cash you need to do it Tuesday you will need the cash but Monday the tours on me

I was hoping you would be able to make it on Monday night at eight o'clock in front of the visitors center in the old English Village and please bring a camera don't worry about the cash.But if you need to do it Tuesday you will need the cash but Monday the tours on me for you and your son.

I very much doubt that any self-respecting phantom would take the trouble to journey all the way across the Atlantic to haunt a modern reinforced concrete structure with a few 19th.Cent bricks stuck to the outside!

Tell us about the tour. How long is it, what sorts of stuff gets covered? Is there stuff pre-1824, has there been new stuff since the bridge was moved to AZ?

And since you are here... What is the connection between Jack the Ripper and the London Bridge in AZ? I realize that particular bridge was around when Jack was. That bridge was very close to the Whitechapel area. But as I said before, he wasn't cornered on the bridge, and I don't know of any of his victims that were found on the bridge. I know I may be incorrect in that, but hey, since you got all the research, do share please :)

I'm also curious what the connection is between the great fire and the bridge. The great fire of 1666? I may be mistaken again, but wasn't the bridge that survived that fire the one that was eventually replaced by the one AZ now has?

Sorry I think your website is hokey.. But you really don't have a lot of information on it. And hey, with years of research and investigation, I would think you got all sorts of cool nuggets of information to put up :)

In a nutshell we cover the 2000 year history of the London bridge and considering that the rain London Bridge is less than 200 years old. I would say yes we do cover information prior to 1824 but the rainy London Bridge was open August 10 of 1831.Yes there have been several unfortunate incidences that have occurred on the London Bridge since it was moved here from London.As far as Jack the Ripper goes he killed all the girls and Whitechapel.But the rainy London Bridge was not closed to Whitechapel it was the only bridge that went directly into Whitechapel.The connection between the rainy London Bridge and Jack the Ripper is an old one he most likely use the bridge to travel from west London to Whitechapel and vice versa.Your comment the great fire of London and its connection to the rainy bridge in 1666 That would be the Colchurch London Bridge Built around 1174.The connections are the plague pits.The London Bridge plague pit was at the and the bridge on the right-hand side in Whitechapel in the 1600s they were using seven plague pits and they were burning corpses to the tune of 10,000 people a day.But in 1832 when cholera broke out one year after the rainy bridge was opened they dug open the London Bridge plague pit and were burning corpses and it to the tune of 900 a day.They were storing corpses on the bridge and in the bridge oh you know it is hollow.My website we put it up in a hurry this particular website has only been up for a few weeks. I'm working on it so please forgive me however the website I had up before this with was 20,000 pages of information sorry you missed it.We have gathered information on paranormal activity and unexplained sightings on the rainy London Bridge in Arizona for eight years yes we have a lot of stuff. The London Bridge is incredible it is steeped in history it is definitely haunted

Thank you Graves

In a nutshell we cover the 2000 year history of the London bridge and considering that the rain London Bridge is less than 200 years old. I would say yes we do cover information prior to 1824 but the rainy London Bridge was open August 10 of 1831.Yes there have been several unfortunate incidences that have occurred on the London Bridge since it was moved here from London.As far as Jack the Ripper goes he killed all the girls and Whitechapel.But the rainy London Bridge was not closed to Whitechapel it was the only bridge that went directly into Whitechapel.The connection between the rainy London Bridge and Jack the Ripper is an old one he most likely use the bridge to travel from west London to Whitechapel and vice versa.Your comment the great fire of London and its connection to the rainy bridge in 1666 That would be the Colchurch London Bridge Built around 1174.The connections are the plague pits.The London Bridge plague pit was at the and the bridge on the right-hand side in Whitechapel in the 1600s they were using seven plague pits and they were burning corpses to the tune of 10,000 people a day.But in 1832 when cholera broke out one year after the rainy bridge was opened they dug open the London Bridge plague pit and were burning corpses and it to the tune of 900 a day.They were storing corpses on the bridge and in the bridge oh you know it is hollow.My website we put it up in a hurry this particular website has only been up for a few weeks. I'm working on it so please forgive me however the website I had up before this with was 20,000 pages of information sorry you missed it.We have gathered information on paranormal activity and unexplained sightings on the rainy London Bridge in Arizona for eight years yes we have a lot of stuff. The London Bridge is incredible it is steeped in history it is definitely haunted

Thank you Graves

I very much doubt that any self-respecting phantom would take the trouble to journey all the way across the Atlantic to haunt a modern reinforced concrete structure with a few 19th.Cent bricks stuck to the outside!

You would be surprised

I was hoping you would be able to make it on Monday night at eight o'clock in front of the visitors center in the old English village bring a camera don't worry about the cash you need to do it Tuesday you will need the cash but Monday the tours on me

Deal! We'll be there !

There are, in fact, two London Bridges.

The one that was sent over to America and the one that has spanned the River Thames in London, in various rebuilds, for 2000 years.

The first London Bridge was built in 50 by the Romans. It was destroyed during the Boudiccan Revolt in 60. Not long after, the Romans built another one.

That bridge stood for almost 1000 years (!!!) until it was pulled down by the Norwegian prince Olaf in 1014, to assist the Anglo-Saxon King Aethelred to divide the forces of the Danes who held the walled City of London and Southwark, on either side of the river; thus regaining London. This episode has been thought to have inspired the well-known nursery rhyme "London Bridge is Falling Down."

The Saxons rebuilt the bridge soon after. It was by-passed by King Cnut's ships in his war to regain the throne from Edmund II "Ironside". London Bridge was rebuilt again at some point by the Normans. That was destroyed in a great storm in 1091 which gave rise to a tornado which struck St Mary-le-Bow church. The famous bridge was destroyed yet again, by fire, in 1136.

It was again rebuilt, during the reign of King Stephen. This bridge would stand for centuries and would become the most famous incarnation of the bridge. The new bridge took 33 years to complete and was finished in 1209, during the reign of King John. John licensed the building of houses on the bridge, as a direct means of deriving revenue for its maintenance, and it was soon colonised by shops. Eventually, the bridge became one of the architectural marvels of the world.

The medieval bridge had 19 small arches and a drawbridge with a defensive gatehouse at the southern end. Contemporary pictures show it crowded with buildings of up to seven stories in height. The narrowness of the arches meant that it acted as a partial barrage over the Thames, restricting water flow and thereby making the river more susceptible to freezing over in winter because of the slower currents.

During the great fire of 1212, fire broke out on both ends of the bridge simultaneously, trapping many in the middle and resulting in the death of 3,000 people. Another major fire broke out in 1633, destroying the northern third of the bridge, although this prevented the bridge from being damaged by the Great Fire of London in 1666. By 1722, congestion was becoming so serious that the Lord Mayor decreed that "all carts, coaches and other carriages coming out of Southwark into this City do keep all along the west side of the said bridge: and all carts and coaches going out of the City do keep along the east side of the said bridge". This has been suggested as one possible origin for the practice of traffic in Britain driving on the left.

p98y.jpg

Over the years the great bridge had to undergo various repairs, such as when its great arches collapsed. It also became the place where the heads of traitors were displayed on spikes for all to see as a deterrent (below).

history+of+londonbridge++heads+mounted+above+its+gate.jpg

The bridge was eventually demolished in 1831 (which is a pity). The new London Bridge was opened on 1 August 1831. King William IV and Queen Adelaide attended a banquet in a pavilion erected on the bridge. The recently constructed HMS Beagle was the first ship to pass under it. HMS Beagle is famous for being the ship which took Darwin around the world, including the the Galapagos Islands, in the 1830s.

On 18 April 1968, this bridge was sold to the Missourian entrepreneur Robert P. McCulloch of McCulloch Oil for US$2,460,000. The claim that McCulloch believed mistakenly that he was buying the more impressive Tower Bridge was denied by Luckin in a newspaper interview. As the bridge was taken apart, each piece was numbered to aid re-assembly. The bridge was reconstructed at Lake Havasu City, Arizona, and re-dedicated on 10 October 1971. The current London Bridge (below) has been standing since 1973.

london1.jpg

Edited by Blackwhite

I knew you were from England even before I looked to see where you were from. I love that you said that you guys suckered McCulloch in the by the bridge you actually say that he thought he was buying the tower bridge and that he bought the wrong bridge. I know you guys really believe that you see people from England and London come to Lake Havasu all the time and they take the tour of London Bridge and they all say the same thing but after the tour it's a different story they understand that Mr. McCulloch was a multi-billionaire.Removing the London Bridge from the River Thames loaded it on barges and brought it on a 10,000 mile open sea trip without even looking at the bridge without measuring the bridge without figuring out the way to move the bridge. He did not buy it over the phone unseen.but this is the same old stuff that they always say let's talk about something new I'm tired of the same old stories

Thanks Graves

And since you are here... What is the connection between Jack the Ripper and the London Bridge in AZ?

I don't think there is one, but there is a legend which states that Jack the Ripper killed himself by leaping off Westminster Bridge.

I had to join the site as was annoyed by the Jack the Ripper info supplied.

My daughter lives in London so we know the east end pretty well.

It's generally accepted by most local ripperologists that the killer was living in the East end.He bypassed his bolt hole to cross your bridge,despite the fact that even with fleeing west he wouldn't have need to cross the thames?One of the few things all agree on is that he wouldn't have been able to get more than a few streets away without being caught. There is a ghost myth that you see him jumping into the river at midnight from Westminster bridge on new years eve but it is a myth and generally accepted as that.Nothing else links him to any kind of bridge and Ive studied the ripper for years.

Also your references to plague victims are wrong-insted of doing tourists attractions like the dungeons/bridge experience(they are there to entertain not educate) you should to do the historical walks and research the facts or visit the graveyards and see the truth for yourself.

While Im in no way discrediting your tour not your paranormal abilities please dont abuse history for your own use.

I knew you were from England even before I looked to see where you were from. I love that you said that you guys suckered McCulloch in the by the bridge you actually say that he thought he was buying the tower bridge and that he bought the wrong bridge. I know you guys really believe that you see people from England and London come to Lake Havasu all the time and they take the tour of London Bridge and they all say the same thing but after the tour it's a different story they understand that Mr. McCulloch was a multi-billionaire.Removing the London Bridge from the River Thames loaded it on barges and brought it on a 10,000 mile open sea trip without even looking at the bridge without measuring the bridge without figuring out the way to move the bridge. He did not buy it over the phone unseen.but this is the same old stuff that they always say let's talk about something new I'm tired of the same old stories

Thanks Graves

This information is told by riverboat men-the proper cockneys who work the Thames on a daily basis hence why its generally accepted as truth by locals.At least 75% of tourists think Tower bridge is London bridge.

That's okay I don't like it either any suggestions. I will put some ghost pictures up later with explanations there some on the website but I haven't had time to add the narration to the images we also have EVP's that are going up on the website to. I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks Graves

This information is told by riverboat men-the proper cockneys who work the Thames on a daily basis hence why its generally accepted as truth by locals.At least 75% of tourists think Tower bridge is London bridge.

Yes you are 100% correct everybody thinks that the tower bridge is London Bridge and it is not which makes it difficult to find information on the web it pulls up more about the tower bridge then it did about the London Bridge. At least years ago it did there seems to be a new spark of interest in the rainy bridge. I know that Arizona is planning a large celebration for its 40th birthday here and several go shows have expressed interest in doing the London Bridge and the English village here in Arizona. Would not the new bridge that is in London today be counted as a third official London Bridge.

I had to join the site as was annoyed by the Jack the Ripper info supplied.

My daughter lives in London so we know the east end pretty well.

It's generally accepted by most local ripperologists that the killer was living in the East end.He bypassed his bolt hole to cross your bridge,despite the fact that even with fleeing west he wouldn't have need to cross the thames?One of the few things all agree on is that he wouldn't have been able to get more than a few streets away without being caught. There is a ghost myth that you see him jumping into the river at midnight from Westminster bridge on new years eve but it is a myth and generally accepted as that.Nothing else links him to any kind of bridge and Ive studied the ripper for years.

Also your references to plague victims are wrong-insted of doing tourists attractions like the dungeons/bridge experience(they are there to entertain not educate) you should to do the historical walks and research the facts or visit the graveyards and see the truth for yourself.

While Im in no way discrediting your tour not your paranormal abilities please dont abuse history for your own use.

When I ran across this website and they were talking about the London Bridge. I had to join also in no way do I state on my tour that it is a fact that Jack the Ripper used the London Bridge. It is but a theory as well is him going to the West and would not have needed to cross the bridge.There are a million theories about Jack the Ripper and no I didn't count them from him being a space alien from Mars or him being the nephew of the Queen as portrayed in from Hell starring Johnny Depp.We do know he killed the girls in Whitechapel.We do know it was in 1888 we know that the police call them the butcher or the leather apron and that the people in Whitechapel were scared and rumors and stories fly.We know the newspapers wanted to sell a lot of papers the Ripper sounded good.But the way I understand it is a newspaper reporter at the time that said he was a sailor and I do believe that all the sailors at that time. Were called jacks hence the name Jack the Ripper. One theory that we mention on tour is that he could've snuck through the bridge murdered girls snuck back through the bridge using the server stores and was never heard of again so this is it in a nutshell. I'm not a big Jack the Ripper fan I am a London Bridge fan. I would like to pick your brain if there are facts useful in the tour I'm very interested. I am very open-minded and believe me since I started the tour five years ago I've been corrected a lot not so much anymore.

Thanks Graves