Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bio Station Alpha

Kantzveldt

good, thanks....

flying.jpg

come and join me in the naked beauty of 'space'........ :D:P;)

<snip>

I'll come join you :P I know we butt heads once in a while on various topics, but that doesn't mean that I don't like you as a person. ;) I'd love to take that ride with you :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMcGuffin

• Moonie2012

• booNyzarC

• bee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[...]

Also, do you have the coordinates of where that first pic was taken?

[...]

Arghhh.. head is a little bit heavy, but, hey, I'll give you approx. values 65 deg lat/331 deg lon (+/- 1 deg). Thats huge area, but if you have time, you can try.

Arghhh.. head is a little bit heavy, but, hey, I'll give you approx. values 65 deg lat/331 deg lon (+/- 1 deg). Thats huge area, but if you have time, you can try.

Friday night, Vodka? :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Friday night, Vodka? :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Nope, nowadays vodka is only for exceptional occasions. Just freakishly tired and sipping beer, traditionally, in moderate amounts, cause weekend I'll spend in the lab.

Nope, nowadays vodka is only for exceptional occasions. Just freakishly tired and sipping beer, traditionally, in moderate amounts, cause weekend I'll spend in the lab.

Oh boy, sounds eerily familiar. We have an $18M project onsite review mid June. Guess where I am spending my time :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

<snip>

I'm even getting these messages of how the "skeptics" lost respect for me, when I never noticed they had any to begin with!

<snip>

Actually I had respect for you. Why do you think I lost my respect for you? I figured it was pretty well laid out.

Cheers,

Badeskov

TheMcGuffin,

By all means of respect, but I thought you were better than this. Lets just say that my respect for your research abilities just dropped rather significantly! Sadly.

In this statement here:

You just stated that you have no intention whatsoever of researching anything that goes against your belief. And that is where you lose respect completely. Seriously, are you that ignorant or oblivious?

Now, how hard is that to understand? I am not asking you to believe anything. You can know. If you actually want to. It is that simple and it doesn't even require very much. And if you are really that dubious, I am sure any physicist/image analyst at a University near you would be happy to spend 10 mins with you to look over a printout of this thread.

I don't know when I ever said anything like that, but you can think what you want.

Actually, I know the Mars Express can locate structures on the surface or under the surface, and takes color, IR and UV pictures, although someone on here was surprised that I found out about those.

It has the following capabilities, although I am curious about how the older pictures were "modified" yesterday:

Visible and Infrared Mineralogical Mapping Spectrometer (OMEGA)(Observatoire pour la Minéralogie, l'Eau, les Glaces et l'Activité) - France - Determines mineral composition of the surface up to 100 m resolution. Is mounted inside pointing out the top face.[8] Instrument mass: 28.6 kg[9]

Ultraviolet and Infrared Atmospheric Spectrometer (SPICAM) - France - Assesses elemental composition of the atmosphere. Is mounted inside pointing out the top face. Instrument mass: 4.7 kg[9]

Sub-Surface Sounding Radar Altimeter (MARSIS) - Italy - A radar altimeter used to assess composition of sub-surface aimed at search for frozen water. Is mounted in the body and is nadir pointing, and also incorporates the two 20 m antennas. Instrument mass: 13.7 kg[9]

Planetary Fourier Spectrometer (PFS) - Italy - Makes observations of atmospheric temperature and pressure (observations suspended in September 2005). Is mounted inside pointing out the top face.,[10] currently working. Instrument mass: 30.8 kg[9]

Analyzer of Space Plasmas and Energetic Atoms (ASPERA) - Sweden - Investigates interactions between upper atmosphere and solar wind. Is mounted on the top face. Instrument mass: 7.9 kg[9]

High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC)- Germany - Produces color images with up to 2 m resolution. Is mounted inside the spacecraft body, aimed through the top face of the spacecraft, which is nadir pointing during Mars operations. Instrument mass: 20.4 kg[9]

Mars Express Lander Communications (MELACOM) - UK - Allows Mars Express to act as a communication relay for landers on the Martian surface. (Has been tested with Mars Exploration Rovers, and was used to support the landing of NASA's Phoenix mission)

Mars Radio Science Experiment (MaRS) - Uses radio signals to investigate atmosphere, surface, subsurface, gravity and solar corona density during solar conjunctions. It uses the communications subsystem itself.

I don't know when I ever said anything like that, but you can think what you want.

Actually, I know the Mars Express can locate structures on the surface or under the surface, and takes color, IR and UV pictures, although someone on here was surprised that I found out about those.

It has the following capabilities, although I am curious about how the older pictures were "modified" yesterday:

*snip*

What are you trying to accomplish posting a huge list of what it can do? None of that has any bearing in this case.

Edited by Moonie2012

What are you trying to accomplish posting a huge list of what it can do? None of that has any bearing in this case.

You know something, pal? You will get a lot further with me, if you just show a little politneness and common courtesy. As it stands, we are off to a very bad start, you and I.

You know something, pal? You will get a lot further with me, if you just show a little politneness and common courtesy. As it stands, we are off to a very bad start, you and I.

Sorry if it came off as rude, but that doesn't answer my question. It feels to me like you're purposely posting irrelevant things in order to confuse the subject at hand.

Edited by Moonie2012

Well...I was interested anyway!...Who are you anyway? to post that... MoonieMod?

Anyway...I was just about to post my 2 cents worth about this latest 'supposed-anomaly'.

And I was going to say that I was a reformed serial credence-giver to these kinds of finds!

But after all of the previously believable pictures and video-links to these smoking-gun finds have been explained away satifactorily enough to sate my almost indomitable appetite to witness such a impressive and conceivable scenario,...I now concede that , such a 'fantastic notion' is Unlikely!

Therefore, I find myself in the 'very-sceptical' camp on this video!

Having No technical expertise in these matters...I will have to leave it to others to 'debunk' this camera-glitch or whatever it turns out to be...

but I will say that there are a myriad of quite entertaining anomaly vids and pics populating the web, that should be enjoyed on the fiction and imagination level.

I personally like this youtube video....

I no longer watch these things for confirmation of the ETH, but cannot fail to think .....what if...?

Cheers.

Edited by 1963

Well...I was interested anyway!...Who are you anyway? to post that... MoonieMod?

The question was not unfair or "moddy". If he's trying to prove something about the topic, I just want to know what.

Sorry if it came off as rude, but that doesn't answer my question. It feels to me like you're purposely posting irrelevant things in order to confuse the subject at hand.

You're wrong about that, but it's true that everything you post to me comes across as rude.

Visible and Infrared Mineralogical Mapping Spectrometer (OMEGA)(Observatoire pour la Minéralogie, l'Eau, les Glaces et l'Activité) - France - Determines mineral composition of the surface up to 100 m resolution. Is mounted inside pointing out the top face.[8] Instrument mass: 28.6 kg[9]

Ultraviolet and Infrared Atmospheric Spectrometer (SPICAM) - France - Assesses elemental composition of the atmosphere. Is mounted inside pointing out the top face. Instrument mass: 4.7 kg[9]

Sub-Surface Sounding Radar Altimeter (MARSIS) - Italy - A radar altimeter used to assess composition of sub-surface aimed at search for frozen water. Is mounted in the body and is nadir pointing, and also incorporates the two 20 m antennas. Instrument mass: 13.7 kg[9]

Planetary Fourier Spectrometer (PFS) - Italy - Makes observations of atmospheric temperature and pressure (observations suspended in September 2005). Is mounted inside pointing out the top face.,[10] currently working. Instrument mass: 30.8 kg[9]

Analyzer of Space Plasmas and Energetic Atoms (ASPERA) - Sweden - Investigates interactions between upper atmosphere and solar wind. Is mounted on the top face. Instrument mass: 7.9 kg[9]

High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC)- Germany - Produces color images with up to 2 m resolution. Is mounted inside the spacecraft body, aimed through the top face of the spacecraft, which is nadir pointing during Mars operations. Instrument mass: 20.4 kg[9]

Mars Express Lander Communications (MELACOM) - UK - Allows Mars Express to act as a communication relay for landers on the Martian surface. (Has been tested with Mars Exploration Rovers, and was used to support the landing of NASA's Phoenix mission)

Mars Radio Science Experiment (MaRS) - Uses radio signals to investigate atmosphere, surface, subsurface, gravity and solar corona density during solar conjunctions. It uses the communications subsystem itself.

Frankly, that copy/paste from Google or whatever is really irrelevant and not pertinent to my comment at all. You posted this:

Now, what they are saying could well be false--and I wouldn't be shocked if it was--but one would need to know a lot more about photography than I do to state conclusively that it is bogus. I'm just going by the past record when I voice such suspicions, though, for admittedly I'm no expert in this area.

and that was what I replied to. Somebody willing to to research would look all the relevant information up before stating something as the aforementioned. And just now you come with the specs of the spacecraft that took the images in question, after somebody else took it upon himself to do the work the OP should have done? All the while you have been lambasting the skeptical people in this thread to be ever so skeptical? Frankly, you don't look good. In fact, you look pretty bad! Why didn't you find the imagery in question before Peri? Why didn't you search for other images? No, all you could do was complain when critical comments, which indeed turned out to be true, were posted.

Good grief!

Cheers,

Badeskov

Cheers,

Badeskov

You're wrong about that, but it's true that everything you post to me comes across as rude.

Instead of complaining about my posting style (I'll grant you that it sucks), perhaps you could clarify your post.

That is, unless you can't.

Edited by Moonie2012

Instead of complaining about my posting style, perhaps you could clarify your post.

That is, unless you can't.

I don't think I have anything more to say to you.

I don't think I have anything more to say to you.

In other words - you CAN'T make your post meaningful to the topic at hand. I understand. I don't find it clever, meaningful, or relevant, but I understand.

Edited by Moonie2012

Frankly, that copy/paste from Google or whatever is really irrelevant and not pertinent to my comment at all. You posted this:

and that was what I replied to. Somebody willing to to research would look all the relevant information up before stating something as the aforementioned. And just now you come with the specs of the spacecraft that took the images in question, after somebody else took it upon himself to do the work the OP should have done? All the while you have been lambasting the skeptical people in this thread to be ever so skeptical? Frankly, you don't look good. In fact, you look pretty bad! Why didn't you find the imagery in question before Peri? Why didn't you search for other images? No, all you could do was complain when critical comments, which indeed turned out to be true, were posted.

I saw all the pictures that he posted on here, before he posted them, although some people claimed they were only in black and white, which was false. I just showed that I was able to look at the color and IR pictures before they were posted on here, and in fact I'm the only one who posted links to all of those--not that you would ever give me credit for that.

Well, what else should I have expected?

The art of avoiding direct questions is once again displayed with extreme prowess.

Well, try asking nicely next time and you might get a nicer answer.

I saw all the pictures that he posted on here, before he posted them, although some people claimed they were only in black and white, which was false. I just showed that I was able to look at the color and IR pictures before they were posted on here, and in fact I'm the only one who posted links to all of those--not that you would ever give me credit for that.

Well, what else should I have expected?

I don't suppose that you saw those from the link I posted eh? You probably found them on your own, right?

Well, try asking nicely next time and you might get a nicer answer.

I've been trying to be nice to you for a very long time. Quite frankly, you make it difficult.

I don't suppose that you saw those from the link I posted eh? You probably found them on your own, right?

Yes, I did. They are all posted on the ATS website as well.