Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bio Station Alpha

Kantzveldt

You're welcome. It really IS fascinating terrain. I'm glad you posted that shot -- I hadn't seen that area before. Thanks!

Sure thing. It was actually pretty simple since you were kind enough to provide the latitude and longitude. The only trick was recognizing that it was a HiRISE image. The key is the color strip down the middle of the image. That's a distinctive feature of HiRISE. See here for more details on HiRISE color: (link). Once I knew it was a HiRISE image, it was pretty simple check the archives for HiRISE data at that lat/lon.

Great, I found the search function... Mocho appreciated :tu:

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMcGuffin

• Moonie2012

• booNyzarC

• bee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mean this would be a worldwide Right wing/conservative conspiracy to hack hundreds or thousands of peoples computers to keep them all from seeing what their instruments orbiting Mars are recording. Yes?

That's not even decent Fiction IMO.

I don't think you'd need hundreds of thousands of people to do that--just a few who know which side their bread is buttered on.

I don't think you'd need hundreds of thousands of people to do that--just a few who know which side their bread is buttered on.

Amazing! I was just trying to figure out how to butter a piece of Bread when you said that! I agree with you now, you should be a contributor on MSNBC or CNN. You've earned it.

You won't be able to, because I dig up all kinds of evidence about UFOs and force you to respond to it. You guys have no choice, much as you'd like me to go away.

Some of us do.

Ya know,John Lear said a very long time ago that we were already able to go to mars,and we have been there awhile.He even talked about the mars rover when it got stuck,our guys were there and gave it a push!Lol!And when the solar panels were all dirty,they had cleaned it.A lil windex,and good to go.Years ago,Lockheed admited,straight out said,"we have lightspeed vehicles."So,just to put all that together,not saying it's true,im just repeating what other's have said,but if what was said is true,i would imagine that it wouldn't be aliens up there.Throw in Alternative 3,and ya got either some really cool science that hasn't been made public,or some good science fiction.(probably the fiction)It would explain why they aren't worried about this planet.They already have a plan...maybe

Hum ? Light Speed Rides made right here in the Good Ole USA ! Now thats what I like to Read !

As for the reality of it ? Its all in the Stars ! Thats a real "I KNOW WE DONT" but They Do !

Lockheed admited,straight out said,"we have lightspeed vehicles.

Could you supply a reputable link for this? I tried looking, but I only found references to a Mufon journal, couldn't find anything at Mufon... TIA

Could you supply a reputable link for this? I tried looking, but I only found references to a Mufon journal, couldn't find anything at Mufon... TIA

ETA: Douglas was interested in the UFO phenomena in the mid-to-late 1960's it seems. It doesn't look like anything ever came from that interest.

http://www.torbtown.com/Douglas/Douglas%20Aircraft%20-%20UFO%20Reports.pdf'>http://www.torbtown.com/Douglas/Douglas%20Aircraft%20-%20UFO%20Reports.pdf

This info comes from Nick Cook so take that for what it is worth.

http://www.torbtown.com/Douglas/

Edited by lost_shaman

Man i'd love to!But there are none.I read it myself,long time ago,and thought,that is strange as hell that they admit this.And it was in the paper,(that's how long ago it was)Probably in the mid 90's.But it was on the internet also.I checked some other sites,ATS,and the links were dead.But like i said,i was surprised to see it even being said out loud.Very strange.Who knows what the real truth is on "Lightspeed vehicles?"Maybe we were just trying to make the russians worry we were way ahead of 'em.I dunno.

So do I. All the time.

Sure you do, you must consider yourself a modern day "Svengali".

Sure you do, you must consider yourself a modern day "Svengali".

No, I was just a dumb grunt who volunteered for the army when I was 17, and all I ever learned was to carry a rifle through the mud, the crud and the rain, while all the smart kids my age were back in the world, rockin' and rollin'.

Sometimes people asked why didn't you go to Canada, and I'd say "You dummy, if I'd have know what it was really gonna be like, I would have."

I wouldn't mind a job on CNN or MSNBC, though. That would probably be a pretty good living, and all you'd have to do is sit there and talk.

It's a little bit too late to be thinking about that, though.

You misunderstand, McGuffin, and on purpose, I suspect.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time, Aquarius. I guess I just missed the Age of Aquarius anyway.

Subtlety is obviously not working. Either that, or you are the type to make an irrelevant remark to a person who can take action when you are being warned about making irrelevant remarks and claiming no one can take action.

Keep your posts relevant.

Subtlety is obviously not working. Either that, or you are the type to make an irrelevant remark to a person who can take action when you are being warned about making irrelevant remarks and claiming no one can take action.

Keep your posts relevant.

So what's you opinion of Bio Station Alpha? I've explained my views very extensively.

Me personally? I think it's a video artifact. My opinion only, and that plus two bits will get you a cup of coffee.

So what's you opinion of Bio Station Alpha? I've explained my views very extensively.

Right, as long as you never agree with anyone and feel like you've "tossed" a wrench in an argument that's your view. I mean badge of honor.

Why is it soo hard to accept that we've discovered the truth here at UM thanks to Peri and others?

Edited by lost_shaman

I know,it's a snowcone maker.Is it a water heater?It's a Soviet MERV-6 from a soviet SS 22-N Launch vehicle.(True Lies)

Ya know,John Lear said a very long time ago that we were already able to go to mars,and we have been there awhile.He even talked about the mars rover when it got stuck,our guys were there and gave it a push!Lol!And when the solar panels were all dirty,they had cleaned it.A lil windex,and good to go.Years ago,Lockheed admited,straight out said,"we have lightspeed vehicles."So,just to put all that together,not saying it's true,im just repeating what other's have said,but if what was said is true,i would imagine that it wouldn't be aliens up there.Throw in Alternative 3,and ya got either some really cool science that hasn't been made public,or some good science fiction.(probably the fiction)It would explain why they aren't worried about this planet.They already have a plan...maybe

maybe they do.....and more and more we are hearing about advanced technology

way way beyond what the General Public know about. Even though they are the

ones who pay for it!!!

http://projectcamelot.org/lang/en/bob_dean_awake_and_aware_en.html

this is from a talk given by Bob Dean...

I knew another Lockheed Martin scientist who has passed away, a guy by the name of David Froning who worked with Lockheed Martin for almost 30 years. I invited David to speak at a conference in Phoenix some years back. Wendelle Stevens and I put on a program and we got hold of Froning.

We knew he was brilliant and we knew he’d been on the inside of research at Lockheed Martin for so long. We got David to come down and speak at our conference there in Phoenix, and he was getting up in years – David’s gone Home now. He was getting up in years and he shared some things with us.

Froning said: You know, Bob, he said, I’ve been retired now for 10 years. He says: Before I retired, I was in the Advanced Systems Division of Lockheed Martin and we were dealing with something we called modified field propulsion – variable field, he said.

Of course, he began to lose me immediately; I didn’t know what he was talking about. Matter/ antimatter conversion. Exotic field tension. Wormholes.

He said: It will modify time and space, and he says: We have had transluminal flight for over 30 years.

And I had to stop again, and I says: Hold it. Transluminal, hyperluminal, flight? I says: You’re talking about faster-than-light, for gosh sakes.

He said: Yeah, we’ve had it now for 30 years. Now this was from David Froning who’d spent the biggest chunk of his life as an advanced systems engineer for Lockheed Martin.

Ya know,John Lear said a very long time ago

That says all you need to know, I think.

That says all you need to know, I think.

I know,people hear that name,and...yeah.But,there is at least entertaining conversation coming from the guy.And who knows really?They say truth is stranger than fiction...

Right, as long as you never agree with anyone and feel like you've "tossed" a wrench in an argument that's your view. I mean badge of honor.

Why is it soo hard to accept that we've discovered the truth here at UM thanks to Peri and others?

Now the Jet Propulsion Laboratory is going to look into the Bio Station, or the glitch, or something....we will anxiously await their report. LOL.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110607/us_ac/8596965_bio_station_alpha_discovered_on_mars_by_david_martines

Science once again kills our dreams, claiming 'Bio Station Alpha' is cosmic ray glitch

Alfred McEwen, who is also the director of the Planetary Imaging Research Laboratory and therefore should know a bit about this type of thing, says it's a — wait for it — glitch.

"It looks like a linear streak artifact produced by a cosmic ray," he told Space.com, probably somewhat gleefully.

Cosmic energy from the stars can interfere with a camera's image sensor, depositing electric charges in pixels. If it hits at the right angle, it can affect several pixels in a row, forming a bright streak.

ETA: Douglas was interested in the UFO phenomena in the mid-to-late 1960's it seems. It doesn't look like anything ever came from that interest.

http://www.torbtown.com/Douglas/Douglas%20Aircraft%20-%20UFO%20Reports.pdf'>http://www.torbtown.com/Douglas/Douglas%20Aircraft%20-%20UFO%20Reports.pdf

This info comes from Nick Cook so take that for what it is worth.

http://www.torbtown.com/Douglas/

Thanks, I appreciate the effort... :tu: