Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bio Station Alpha

Kantzveldt

Now the Jet Propulsion Laboratory is going to look into the Bio Station, or the glitch, or something....we will anxiously await their report. LOL.

[snip]

As long as you NEVER admit to being wrong. And NEVER let the toy dog pull on the curtain while you are Playing God. And Honestly why would you live in Kansas when you know Big D BBQ's in Texas anyway?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMcGuffin

• Moonie2012

• booNyzarC

• bee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HAHAHAHAHA you'd think that sort of thing would actually happen occasionally - imagine the fun they could have with it!

They're probably having fun with it right now, while reading us post about it. What do you think the odds are that some boffins at NASA are actually making bets on what theories we'll cook up next? LOL

They're probably having fun with it right now, while reading us post about it. What do you think the odds are that some boffins at NASA are actually making bets on what theories we'll cook up next? LOL

If it were employees cooking up a gag, it would look like something, not just a blotch or patch of pixels! ;)

Edited by Paxus

Ok, forgive me if this is already detailed here, but I read through the first 12 pages of this topic, and my eyeballs will fall out if I read through the next 2 dozen.

I read Phage's post over on the abovetopsecret website (http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread711623/pg16#pid11504915)

And it mentions the original image can be found in H5620_0000_ND2

So I downloaded it (all 355 megabytes of it!)

ftp://psa.esac.esa.int/pub/mirror/MARS-EXPRESS/HRSC/MEX-M-HRSC-3-RDR-V2.0/DATA/5620/H5620_0000_ND2.IMG

Then I got this NASA viewing program:

http://pds.nasa.gov/tools/nasa-view.shtml

You'd think I'd be able to find that spot, but thus far, no. I feel like I'm scanning Middle Earth from space trying to find The One Ring.

That NASA viewing program gives a pretty convenient X, Y coordinate system, SAMPLE (horizontal) and LINE (Vertical).

Example: SAMPLE 2500 LINE 2900 puts me right in the middle of a nice boulder field (Those boulders are probably a lot bigger than I think).

So can anyone give the SAMPLE xxxx and LINE yyyy that will put me atop that little string of pixels?

but hopefully someone else will

zoom out.... :blush:

Hey algomeysa,

Peri's post on page 4 has a link to the site where you can see the original image and also use a Lat/Long function.

That should help.

You do have to convert 29 and whatever degrees West to 330 degrees and what not East to find the correct spot however.

Hey algomeysa,

Peri's post on page 4 has a link to the site where you can see the original image and also use a Lat/Long function.

That should help.

You do have to convert 29 and whatever degrees West to 330 degrees and what not East to find the correct spot however.

Well, somebody over on that abovetopsecret site gave me a hint which let me figure out how to do it.

To sum up, to save time if someone is trying to do it as I did it:

1) download the H5620_0000_ND2 file (all 350 megabytes of it, so it may take some time!) here:

ftp://psa.esac.esa.int/pub/mirror/MARS-EXPRESS/HRSC/MEX-M-HRSC-3-RDR-V2.0/DATA/5620/H5620_0000_ND2.IMG

2) download NASA's viewer program: http://pds.nasa.gov/tools/nasa-view.shtml

3) Once you've called the image up in the NASAView program, choose

[Large Image Selection] up top.

Then under that:

[select Lines And Samples]

Start Line: 29950

Stop Line: 35000

Start Line Sample: 2950

Stop Line: 5000

That'll take you to the pixel blip.

New building on Mars.

(40° 6'28.53"N 100°35'7.47"E) :tu:

Edited by the L

Interesting article at Life's Little Mysteries...

"Seeing Things On Mars: A Long History Of Martian Illusions"

Humans have been seeing strange things on the surface of Mars for centuries. From the 1700s up through the present day, widespread fame has been available to anyone able to produce even the slightest bit of flimsy evidence that there's Martian life.

The most recent example was this week's supposed revelation that a secret Mars base, inhabited either by humans or Martians, can be seen in a photo of the Red Planet's surface taken by an orbiting spacecraft.

But scientific rigor has always stepped in to prove that these objects are not really there. In this vast and lonely universe, are Earthlings just desperate for next-door neighbors to play with? Looking back over the long history of Martian illusions (and human delusions), it certainly seems so.

Cz

More likely it's a natural formation, but due to the low resolution it looks squared. Or they may have used software to enhance the image which has caused an anomoly. If you look you may find more examples of it, on google earth as well.

If someone was going to hide a building that big on mars, I'm quite sure they would not paint it white and then fly a mapping satellite over it :P

Edited by Finity

marsstructure.png

New building on Mars.

(40° 6'28.53"N 100°35'7.47"E

Edited by the L

New building on Mars.

(40° 6'28.53"N 100°35'7.47"E) :tu:

THANKS the L...... :tu:

Edited by bee

can someone do a copy of it please

I just haven't got the headspace to do it myself

and I haven't downloaded Google Earth yet

cheers......

I did it. Look up.

L, there are several similar anomalies all along that seam. It is a veritable city!

Just kidding, I really think this is (just like BIO Station Alpha) just a glitch of some kind from image processing or data loss. If you really want to know what is there, why not go look at the original pictures from NASA and report back what it looks like before it was stretched over the Google Earth version of the Mars globe and let us know what you've found.

L, there are several similar anomalies all along that seam. It is a veritable city!

Just kidding, I really think this is (just like BIO Station Alpha) just a glitch of some kind from image processing or data loss. If you really want to know what is there, why not go look at the original pictures from NASA and report back what it looks like before it was stretched over the Google Earth version of the Mars globe and let us know what you've found.

This needs to be the new standard procedure people need to do before they start spouting off about Martian buildings they find on Google Mars.

Even better idea - just quit using Google Mars as a vehicle for trying to discover anything like this. It's NOT accurate.

Edited by Moonie2012

...why not go look at the original pictures from NASA and report back what it looks like before...

how?

I've had a thought about them there pesky pixels.....

(if they are actually there and haven't been, ahem, 'modified' in )

what if it is metal....perhaps a very special alloy..like a titanium alloy for example... :)

and the way that the exotic-type metal shows up on the raw data does actually come over as

something that looks like a 'glitch'.....because of what it's made of.

It does look very shiney. Perhaps that shiney-ness caused the glitch ???? In some way... :blink:

just a thought that pinged into my head a few minutes ago....... ^_^

******just seen your reply with my unedited quote...the L.....lol

Edited by bee

how?

If you look on this web page you can plug in longitude and latitude values to track down images. Been messing with it a bit and not really coming up with definitive results. Peri is very good at this, he might have some helpful tips.

If you look on this web page you can plug in longitude and latitude values to track down images. Been messing with it a bit and not really coming up with definitive results. Peri is very good at this, he might have some helpful tips.

try HRSC - H1636_0000_ND3.

http://viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/hrsc#/planetview/inst/hrsc/H1636_0000_ND3

Image is centered on 100° Long, top of image is 65.5722° Lat, bottom is 31.8816° Lat.

The area in question is in the bottom quarter of the image.

ETA...

The circle represents the approximate location on the image:

H1636_0000_ND3_edit1.jpg

Compare with the location in Google Earth:

GEmars1.jpg

Cz

Edited by Czero 101

Yes there is whole city there. :yes: Near new building.

I put it on Photobucket......and applied the 'auto fix'

it's best if you look at it 3 feet ish from computer screen..

biosmg-1.jpg

edit to say...make that 5 ish feet...lol

Good job! It looks like a giant machine as if it turns like a crank does in a engine. It looks like it rotates just saying!

I been wondering where I parked that damn thing thanks for finding it for me sorry it started such a big fight.

Hi Kantzveldt,

This isn't a "bio station" or any other sort of object, natural or artificial. It's actually just 11 pixels of bad data in the original image, probably a data dropout. The image has been reprocessed multiple times to prepare it for use in Google Earth, so the original pixels have been badly distorted. They're also surrounded by some pretty noticeable compression artifacts.

The original source image used by Google is an ESA Mars Express High Resolution Stereo Camera image (H5620_0000_ND), taken on 18 May 2008 (link).

First of all, here's a copy of the image as seen in Google Earth:

Google Earth

GoogleMars400pct.jpg

Now, here's a crop from the original Mars Express HRSC science data, before processing (click on the image to enlarge it to full size!):

H5620_0000_ND2 (Enlarged to 400%)

H5620_0000_ND2Flaw400pct.jpg

And finally, here's a higher-resolution image of the same area as seen by the Mars Reconaissance Orbiter Context Camera on 25 January 2010:

MRO CTX B17_016407_2528_XN_72N029W

CTXB17_016407_2528_XN_72N029W_jp2100pct.jpg

I've uploaded this crop at full resolution, so each pixel represents a distance of about 6.25 meters. There is clearly nothing unusual at that location.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

P.

P.S. to bmk1245: Thanks for the vote of confidence! :blush:

Thank you for posting these images - finally someone who makes any kind of sense regarding this supposed image of a Martian base station. I posted on DiscoveryNEWS and was threatened with physical violence because I didn't believe a little white smudge on the image was that of an actual Mars base. You should send this information to the guy (the so-called armchair astronomer) who made the original YouTube video and he should retract. He wasn't the one who threatened me. There is nothing I would like better than to have REAL proof regarding ETs but so far as I know we are not there yet. Thanks again.