Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing bits of the future in my dreams?

rockhop8

I have this happen rather frequently and I believe its tied in with deja vu. Ive had dreams over the last few years of a company i used to work for back in 2001 but the place had changed alot both inside and out. Thought nothing of it at the time I had these dreams.

Just recently I decided to try and get back into that industry so I drove to a place 5 miles from where I live to apply for a job. After I left there I thought I would drive by the company I worked for in 2001and see if they were hiring. I drove through the lot and noticed all the changes they have made since I left were exactly what I had seen in my dreams over the last few years yet I have not physically been there since 2001. I was completely familiar with the place despite my last time being there was many years before they made all the changes.

Oddly, it did not creep me out. I actually laughed and said to myself " no fn sht"! While still smiling and laughing. Goooo figure! :D

Edited by StRoostifer

Did you wake up? Did you eat? Did you feel a certain emotion? Did you memorize something? Did you inhale and then exhale? Did you use speech?

If so, and I am assuming you did, these, and so much more, are examples of a human being using practically 100% of their brain.

Most (if not all) areas of our brain are used, all serving a different purpose and all being responsible for specific tasks. You yourself use your the vast majority to all of your brain, otherwise, you would not be intelligent enough to write what you just wrote, and a big chunk of your brain would have shriveled up into uselessness. The same goes for almost every other human being on Earth. :st

:mellow:

• 9 months later...

For several years i have been having glimpses into my future while i'm sleeping. It will be a short dream maybe only last about a minute during the day. About a year ago i had a dream about me and two girls sitting in a tent, I hear one of the girls say no because that's how babies are made, i'm staring at a pizza box and a plastic container with cookies in it. Out of the corner of my eyes i see a pair of polkadot pants and a purple flower lei. A year later im having a slumber party with two of my best friends and were talking about the time my friend was almost raped and something my friend said unlocked that memory and i had a strange sense of deja vu. it took a moment to realize why but i pieced it together. This is not the first time it has actually happened but it is the latest and most rememberable occurance.

• 3 years later...

So I have been dreaming these bits of the future very often at least once a week but there's one I had a dream of when I was somewhere around eight but nothing happened till I turned eleven. The dream was about a girl, it was so detailed too it was kinda creepy when it happened to so I fell off a skate park ramp and I was just laying there when a girl I didn't meet till I moved to a completely different town she asked me if I was ok then laughed at me for not being careful but the creepy thing was the park its self that was my first time being there yet I had a dream about it when I was eight... here's my question how do u know if your dreaming the future or a normal dream? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mega24 said:

here's my question how do u know if your dreaming the future or a normal dream? 

Hi,

I would say you basically do not know. The dream world is a mixture of many things. For those who have precognative abilities, they feel confident specific dreams represent a future happening.

John

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Two days ago, we were going on a school trip. Everybody knew that it would be on Thursday. 

On the Friday prior to it, I dreamt of opening my phone on tuesday night while I was getting ready for the trip. I put my bag in an unusual place and my glasses over my underwear. I really didn't care for the dream until it was announced that our trip is on Wednesday. I also didn't care.

When I was getting ready for the trip, I put my glasses and bag in the same places in the dream. This freaked me out.

This phenomenon is called 'deja vu'. Deja Vu is nothing new. It is experienced by everybody at some time and can be quite startling. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déjà_vu

Edited by Ozymandias