Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

12 year old girl w/God-given painting talent?

Soul Kitchen

My mother studied Arts, yes, but she was never an artist. She specialized in art history, Renaissance. No bias there.

But where do you see that I am jealous? Just because I can't connect with her works? I DIG HER SKILLS!

Edit: I really don't see your point, do I have to like her works? An example: Nick Drake, English singer-songwriter, and an amazing guitar player, autodidact as well. Now if someone says "good skills, but I don't like his music because I cannot connect with it", that one is jealous? :blink:

Edited by FLOMBIE

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soul Kitchen

• Beckys_Mom

• norwood1026

• ambelamba

My mother studied Arts, yes, but she was never an artist. She specialized in art history, Renaissance. No bias there.

Which makes your mother more of the expert... not you

But where do you see that I am jealous?

You spent more time acting like the expert yourself... then later admit the expert is really your mother <-- was it all greatly needed? Meh I put it down to sheer jealousy of the girls skills.. I'd like to see you attempt it

I am not sure what is ruffling your feathers.

(snipped out unwarranted rant)

You made the statement to say you specifically placed here for the skeptics

Now there can only be one reason for that...so I asked you what that was <--- harmless questions... not exactly ruffled feathers

.. I asked you a civil question based on what you had said

If you cannot handle questions based on what you say.. then ;leave it be..thumbsup.gif

You made the statement to say you specifically placed here for the skeptics

Now there can only be one reason for that...so I asked you what that was <--- harmless questions... not exactly ruffled feathers

.. I asked you a civil question based on what you had said

If you cannot handle questions based on what you say.. then ;leave it be..thumbsup.gif

It wasn't at all a rant. I'm not even angry, in fact I just feel defeated. How can you discuss anything with someone who refuses to read your posts?

I was impressed by the story, and I was afraid it was a hoax and so wanted to give it a trial by UM skeptic before I fully believed it.

Let me say this, as to prevent further confusion: I personally DO believe there was a spiritual element here.

(That was copy and paste, by the way. Though I added the color to make it harder to ignore.)

I'd like to say this: We aren't disagreeing on anything here Becky. You misinterpreted my posts.

Which makes your mother more of the expert... not you

You spent more time acting like the expert yourself... then later admit the expert is really your mother <-- was it all greatly needed? Meh I put it down to sheer jealousy of the girls skills.. I'd like to see you attempt it

I was stating my opinion! And then stating that I do have some basic knowledge of Arts, and also said that I have of course not an experts view on it...

I am not very good at drawing, due to the fact that I never had much fun doing it, not even speaking about talent. And no, it did not bother my mother. I have my talents elsewhere and have no problem with other people being more gifted than I am.

But if your prefer, I'll ask what my mother is thinking of this.

I also said this girl's work is good, but are they really worth 3.000.000 US dollars?

Never mind

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I also said this girl's work is good, but are they really worth 3.000.000 US dollars?

A painting that is as emotionally inspired and expressive as Akiane's is most certainly worth more than some modern artist's twisting scrap metal or splashing paint on a canvas.

Technical value does not necessarily determine the value of art.

That is exactly what I mean! And I cannot connect emotionally with her paintings, but her technique is good.

Edited by FLOMBIE

That is exactly what I mean! And I cannot connect emotionally with her paintings, but her technique is good.

Me neither...All I saw was nice paintings.. that's it

PS sorry for the Jealous comment...

b] I asked you a civil question based on what you had said[/b]

Whooooops

Yes, you did ask a civil question.

I had thought you were picking another fight. :P

No worries. All good :tu:

Cheers luviethumbsup.gif

I DIG HER SKILLS!

Don't. I can clearly see that the girl lacks fundamental training in drawing and anatomy. She can surely render well with the mental images but that's it. She can't hold a candle against Sargent, Bouguereau, Howard Terpening, or Nelson Shanks.

I do not deny her artistic talent. gosh the paintings are lovely, but in the video it said she taught her self to play piano and compose music in 2 months. This is simply not possible. I have studied classical music and just to read music fluently would take awhile. I have studied Beethoven, Mozart, and List, Hayden etc..it took them years to reach the level of genius they all achieved.and most studied under other accomplished pianists/geniuses.

Not true, I have a highly talented friend who I have known for 25 years she has never had a music lesson in her life, however she can listen to any piece of music and pick up any instrument and within 5 minutes play the musical piece back to you. Some people really are just gifted. She is also ambidextrous.And an amazing woman.

If you can't prove God is real then you can't say it was given to her by God.

Don't. I can clearly see that the girl lacks fundamental training in drawing and anatomy.

I doubt you could... Paint something and we will see just how well you can paint

Logical fallacy.

Think about it... One could have personally deduced that God is real based on personal experience, and in effect believe in God as to say something was God-Given.

If someone sees a Gorilla, but some people don't believe in the Gorilla, then they are not allowed to say anything about Gorillas?

Technically, God can't be proven false, but CAN be proven real. Humans just haven't figured a good way to do so. And God, being omnipotent and all, could easily show himself at any given time.

I know how much you like opportunities to make passively smug comments against monotheism, but come on.

I doubt you could... Paint something and we will see just how well you can paint

So no one could say there is something wrong with something without being able to do it better? I can say the famous tower of Pisa is leaning, but I certainly couldn't build a tower. Do you never criticize anything you can't do, BM? No music you don't like? No television shows that you don't think are entertaining? I'm sure you never mentioned a thing about them though, since you can't make a better band or show, right?

This is just silly argumentativeness.

But you can say god was influenced on to a child.. Maybe come from a religious family that made the child think it was a godly gift?

The pic of Jesus ..he has a bit of the HOFF hairstyle...but the image is how the white folks pic Jesus....I saw this as no surprise, the image she painted has been seen many times before and hung in many households as portraits

If the girl had of painted a vision of god that no one has ever pictures before... then it would make you think yes.gif

Do you never criticize anything you can't do, BM?

NOPE..... I only criticise things I know about...If I know sweet FA... I will not care to bother... hmm.gif

I see no further reason to explain myself to you

This is just silly argumentativeness.

Which is why I hold no interest in anything else you feel the urge to say

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I can't render like that girl. But when it comes to figure drawing I can kick her ass real hard. Look, the problem I see is that she hasn't painted anything from real-life observation. She only seems to paint from her 'visions'. I can see that she simply renders things she was in her mental image, but she hasn't demonstrated anything from drawing or painting from life.

And again, I bet she lacks knowledge in artistic anatomy.

Edited by ambelamba

I can't render like that girl. But when it comes to figure drawing I can kick her ass real hard. Look, the problem I see is that she hasn't painted anything from real-life observation. She only seems to paint from her 'visions'. I can see that she simply renders things she was in her mental image, but she hasn't demonstrated anything from drawing or painting from life.

And again, I bet she lacks knowledge in artistic anatomy.

I'd like to see your work... and further more... because she can draw from visions...that to me is harder than drawing from an object in front of you or looking at a person to copy the image.... BUT in saying that...I'd say if she can do all of this from just visions... then it would be a doddle for her to sit and copy what she see's in front of her

Like being able to play a keyboard without looking at the keys or music..

Certainly impressive for a twelve year old - but most of it does look like stuff you'd find painted on velvet. Like Kraft M&C, it's the cheesiest. Hardly divine inspiration.

Maybe she's the reincarnation of the guy who painted all those dogs playing poker?

Edited by Moonie2012