Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

12 year old girl w/God-given painting talent?

Soul Kitchen

People can assume anything they wish too.

But you said they can't

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soul Kitchen

• Beckys_Mom

• norwood1026

• ambelamba

But you said they can't

No, I said people can assume anything they want. I did mis-state what I said before about call her talent God given. To assume something doesn't make it true.

I'm not impressed that someone with no former training can paint like this at such a young age; what impresses me is that they can do it without physical, ever-present references.

I'm an amateur artist myself and feel that I am pretty good at depicting what I see. However, while it probably wouldn't be horribly difficult for me to get to this level of technical skill, I could never in a million years paint stuff like this just "out of my head". I'm very impressed by concept artists and people like Akiane who have this ability.

No, human neural and cognitive development exists on a spectrum. Its not an abnormality, its simply that people who's right cortex and neo-cortex dominants thought patterns exist on the other end of the spectrum from people who are left-dominant.

Its actually interesting to note, that people who started off as just being "gifted" at artistic endeavors (music, painting etc), but later become trained actually switch to left-dominant processing when undertaking those endeavors. They approach it from an analytical, almost "math-like" approach, after training.

Like I pointed out in my post though, this isn't just unique to "new" humans. People literally all the time, have strokes, vascular insults, tumors etc, that switch their functionally dominant hemisphere to the right cortex/neo-cortex and all of a sudden have crazy artistic abilities.

I hate to ask, since I know you're busy, but do you know of any good books or articles on the subject? I really find it fascinating.

Edited by Cybele

I'm not impressed that someone with no former training can paint like this at such a young age; what impresses me is that they can do it without physical, ever-present references.

I'm an amateur artist myself and feel that I am pretty good at depicting what I see. However, while it probably wouldn't be horribly difficult for me to get to this level of technical skill, I could never in a million years paint stuff like this just "out of my head". I'm very impressed by concept artists and people like Akiane who have this ability.

I hate to ask, since I know you're busy, but do you know of any good books or articles on the subject? I really find it fascinating.

Cybele, until Copa gets back to you, I thought you might find this interesting, I've posted in few times on here. It's pretty amazing.Stroke of Genius: Abilities Borne of Brain Damage

To assume something doesn't make it true.

Obviously not, or it wouldn't be called assumption.

Obviously not, or it wouldn't be called assumption.

:rolleyes:

Ditto!!!!