Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Collector

scepticalbeliever

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Mike G

• rashore

• scepticalbeliever

Yeah? I saw a couple ads for it and I wasn't sure if it would be any good or not. So what does the guy do, investigate haunted object claims, collect them and store them away for peoples safety or something?

Lol, he should hit up the anguished man painting guy :rofl:

I watched it for the first time and I have to say fail. Its awful IMHO

So awful that it's worth watching to have a laugh?

Yeah? I saw a couple ads for it and I wasn't sure if it would be any good or not. So what does the guy do, investigate haunted object claims, collect them and store them away for peoples safety or something?

Lol, he should hit up the anguished man painting guy :rofl:

He does the normal paranormal routine, investigates during the day and again at night, then it always ends up at some antique item where there are a great deal of emf readings even if its not electrical, they investigate the item, come a back and tell the client, this could be what is causing the paranormal activity even though they never conclude there is any...and the person gives them the antique item for his museum of haunted items since he tells them something may be attacked to the item.

He brings his daughter and two guys and some whiny girl who says she's sensitive but not a medium or psychic. I don't think there will be another season after this one, if there is I'll be surprised. I at first watching the ads thought it was one of those investigate the item show. But no he just gets an expensive antique.

He does the normal paranormal routine, investigates during the day and again at night, then it always ends up at some antique item where there are a great deal of emf readings even if its not electrical, they investigate the item, come a back and tell the client, this could be what is causing the paranormal activity even though they never conclude there is any...and the person gives them the antique item for his museum of haunted items since he tells them something may be attacked to the item.

He brings his daughter and two guys and some whiny girl who says she's sensitive but not a medium or psychic. I don't think there will be another season after this one, if there is I'll be surprised. I at first watching the ads thought it was one of those investigate the item show. But no he just gets an expensive antique.

I saw ads for this and some of one episode it reminds me of Friday the 13th the series where these antique owners go around collecting dangerous items

Eh.. take it or leave it. It's your standard paranormal investigation. The guy's voice is a bit annoying though. It's only one episode in.. so I'll give it a couple of watchings to get a better idea on if I like it or no.

This guy seems like charlatan thief.

He goes into someone's home or business, finds the most expensive antique in the place (rare European hand gun, expensive typewriter), and convinces the owner that it is cursed and needs to be taken away and put into his possession.

Seems like he's got a good schtick going on. Least, that was the first thing that came to my mind while watching the show...

Edited by Mike G

That handgun was not rare. It was standard issue for the 50's and 60's for the police. Also, if it was buried under the house and caked in muck and mud, I seriously doubt the owners of that house cared very much for it. You don't treat guns like that..

That handgun was not rare. It was standard issue for the 50's and 60's for the police.

Yeah, standard issue... in the UK. In 2011 US it's worth about $500...

But, hey, small price to pay to remove that cold spot in the kitchen, eh? :rolleyes:

Edited by Mike G

I'll have to watch an entire episode, as I only saw bits and pieces of the first one. I was kind of bored with what I did see, but maybe it will get better.......I hope. :)

Yeah, standard issue... in the UK. In 2011 US it's worth about $500...

But, hey, small price to pay to remove that cold spot in the kitchen, eh? :rolleyes:

Seriously doubt it was their's to begin with. If it truly was worth that much, don't you think it would have been kept somewhere that wasn't under the muck and grime of their house? But yeah, keep thinking he stole it from them.. From the looks on her face she was bloody terrified that a gun was found under there. Best bet, the gun expert's explanation of how it got there was more then likely the truth. Washed up from a flood or storm.

If it was my house and they found that gun under it, I'd sure as hell let them take it too. Not everyone likes those things, or is happy to have one wash up under their house.

He takes what he likes. It doesn't look like the poor girl in Lake Charles, Louisiana had anything of more value than an old gun, even if it was rusty (guns can be restored). On tonight's episodes Johnny boy walked away with a young woman's music box that her deceased mother gave her (but first he made her cry, and told her she should "let go of it"); and in the next ep. he absconded with three sets of mako shark jaws and an antique cane gun.

In addition to the other items mentioned, like the Royal typewriter (valued at $150 in 1903), I would say John has a pretty good eye for objects of value.

What's worse, we can see him build his case as he seems to decide early on which object he covets. By the end of the show, the poor host is put on the spot, with cameras and a well-crafted back story, of why that person should give away something they own. Notice it's never anything like an old rag or a common kitchen knife, or any other insignificant trinket. Why?

Seriously doubt it was their's to begin with. If it truly was worth that much, don't you think it would have been kept somewhere that wasn't under the muck and grime of their house? But yeah, keep thinking he stole it from them.. From the looks on her face she was bloody terrified that a gun was found under there. Best bet, the gun expert's explanation of how it got there was more then likely the truth. Washed up from a flood or storm.

If it was my house and they found that gun under it, I'd sure as hell let them take it too. Not everyone likes those things, or is happy to have one wash up under their house.

Edited by galloway

I haven't seen the show, but it sounds cool.

I haven't seen the show, but it sounds cool.

Eh.. more and more it's seeming less and less interesting. Granted next week apparently one of the investigators gets a bloody nose during the case.. heh

I was truly disappointed in that show, and I had alot of respect for John Zaffis but that show sort of made him look like a glory hound. Its no different than GH GA etc only more lame..

Granted next week apparently one of the investigators gets a bloody nose during the case.. heh

Probably got it while trying to walk off with someone's "cursed" fine china or "haunted" piggy bank...

I was truly disappointed in that show, and I had alot of respect for John Zaffis but that show sort of made him look like a glory hound.

I mean its really no secret that Zaffis has been trying to get a show for years.

He goes into someone's home or business, finds the most expensive antique in the place (rare European hand gun, expensive typewriter), and convinces the owner that it is cursed and needs to be taken away and put into his possession.

Seems like he's got a good schtick going on. Least, that was the first thing that came to my mind while watching the show...

Perfect!

Aren't they all though?

I want to know how these people actually get a paid contract to a TV show?

It has to be a " who you know " thing......

I am still waiting for a call to do a " Ghost Hunters - Hunter " show......I really think it would do well, I can think of a few great teams from this forum alone that would make a great cast.....Put " reality " to where " fantasy " is taking over.....Come on Scifi Channel, call me !

lol... won't happen Sakari... Spooky is what grabs the ratings.

But I'm right there with ya... I would find a good debunking show really interesting. Or mmm, a neat equipment show would be cool.

I mean its really no secret that Zaffis has been trying to get a show for years.

Well he got what he wanted, too bad it is so horrible!!! :huh:

Why does syfy even keep making these reality shows? I just want to burst into the syfy studio/office building one day and beat all the executives/directors/whomever keeps thinking that these shows are any good. If they are going to keep making reality shows they should realize that taking it seriously would draw in far many more viewers then all this shock and drama goofiness.

I thought the very same thing. What a way to collect free antiques and these people are falling for it. In my opinion he is a con man! he always finds the most expensive things to be haunted, too!

Probably got it while trying to walk off with someone's "cursed" fine china or "haunted" piggy bank...

Probably.. Was not impressed he took that family's handed down music box.

I predict a very short life for this show.