Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli forces kill 13 protesters 225 wounded

acidhead

Israeli forces kill 13 protesters: Syrian TV

Sun Jun 5, 2011 http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCATRE7541PF20110605

MAJDAL SHAMS, Golan Heights (Reuters) - Israeli troops fired Sunday at demonstrators in Syria who rushed toward the border fence in a protest against Israeli occupation, and Syrian state television said 13 were killed.

"Anyone who tries to cross the border will be killed," Israeli soldiers shouted at the crowd of several hundred through loudspeakers on the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

Syrian TV said 13 protesters were killed by Israeli gunfire and 225 wounded. Israel Radio said a large number of people were hurt when an anti-tank mine was detonated by a brush fire at Quneitra, another protest venue near the border.

A Reuters correspondent at the scene saw at least 10 demonstrators carried away on stretchers by the crowd but no sign of any holes in the main border barrier.

"This is like a turkey shoot," said Fuad al-Sha'ar, an apple grower who lives in Majdal Shams.

continued...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Knight Of Shadows

• Erikl

• MichaelW

• Mr.United_Nations

[update]

Israel kills 20 as Syrians march on Golan

Sun Jun 5, 2011 9:30AM http://www.presstv.ir/detail/183271.html

ostovar20110605103419967.jpg

Israeli forces kill at least 20 people and injure nearly 325 others near Syria's Golan Heights, attacking the protesters, who were marking the anniversary of occupation of Arab lands by Tel Aviv.

Israeli forces have opened fire on protesters inside Syria as they were approaching the occupied territories on Sunday. According to the Syrian TV, a child is among those killed by the Israeli gunfire.

The demonstrators have announced that they plan to stage a sit-in along the border in protest at the Israeli occupation and atrocities.

The state-run television also said three of the wounded where in critical condition from Sunday's shooting.

The television showed footage of Israeli soldiers on top of a tank opening fire on the protesters. Israeli troops have been beefed up near Syria and Lebanon as well as in Jerusalem al-Quds.

The protesters flocked to Golan border on Naksa Day to mark the 44th anniversary of the beginning of Israel's 1967 Six-Day War against Arabs. Israel declared northern Golan a closed military zone.

Thousands of Israeli security forces were also on high alert on 'Naksa Day', fearing possible unrest.

Palestinian protesters clashed with Israeli troops in the Qalandiya village near the city of Ramallah in central West Bank.Live footage broadcast on Syrian TV and Al-Jazeera also showed heavy gunfire along the Golan Heights border and protesters carrying wounded people away.

Israel captured the Golan from Syria in 1967, along with the Palestinian territories of West Bank, East al-Quds and Gaza Strip.

The events came exactly three weeks after tens of thousands of Palestinian refugees living in Lebanon and Syria, marked Nakba (catastrophe) Day on May 15.

In the Gaza Strip, the Israeli military killed two protesters, including one Palestinian teenager, and injuring at least 65 others on the Nakba Day.

Also on May 15, one person was also killed and at least 150 hurt in the Qalandiya on the same day.

Well, if you try to rush the border with armed guards, what do you expect them to do? Sit back and watch?

Honestly, you have to wonder about the Arabs sometimes.

borders of occupied piece of land to correct you michael

that land belong to palestine .. and acts like those are allowed

due to the illegal occupying of that land by israel

hell .. even war is allowed in case of occupation

not to mention protesting

well israel would pay .. in time as usually and in certain method

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

I thought the Golan Heights were Syrian. But whatever. You seem to "know" more than I do.

Anyway, what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot? Would the Syrian government be as forgiving? Judging by how generous they are at the moment, I say no.

It's pure logic that you do not rush a border post with troops armed with assault rifles and other weaponry. Common sense dictates that there are other ways to go about this. But, it seems the Arabs are a bit behind.

it is a syrian land .. my mind was else where in another discussions :D

however we have learned that israel's only language is force

and thus we should speak to israel by this language

it is a syrian land .. my mind was else where in another discussions :D

however we have learned that israel's only language is force

and thus we should speak to israel by this language

Which probably explains why Syria hasn't bothered with a peace agreement. Jordan and Egypt seem quite happy peacefully coexisting with Israel.

Where are the Syrian police in all this? Quite happy to let their people throw themselves at Israeli border guards apparently!

so the news channels can say that syrian police killed people

trying to protect israel ??

there's already enough lies and things made bigger than they are

by the news channel that'll be devastating thing to do

Which probably explains why Syria hasn't bothered with a peace agreement. Jordan and Egypt seem quite happy peacefully coexisting with Israel.

well both jordan and egypt had puppet goverments in hand of usa and israel

but now egypt changed you see and the first thing they did was to open

gaza borders .. and didn't agree on being part of the blockade .. see ?

beside you recall that egypt goverment was selling gas to israel

nearly free ? while syria buying it in global price ?

surely that tells you something about previous egypt

and jordan time will come also their people are arabs

and one day they'll have enough you'll see ;)

last but not least neither jordan nor egypt got part of their lands

occupied illegally by israel ..

And in the mean time, there seem to be some Syrian people that are actually free and liberated:

ANTI-ISRAEL RIOTERS PAID $1,000 EACH, SAYS REFORM PARTY OF SYRIA - $10,000 TO FAMILY IF KILLED

5 June 2011

Reform Party of Syria claims hundreds of demonstrators along Israeli-Syrian border were promised reward by Assad’s regime

just for showing up, $10,000 to their families if killed by IDF fire

Protestors for hire? Demonstrators along the Syria-Israel border were paid thousands of dollars by President Bashar Assad’s regime to take part in Sunday’s riots, Syrian opposition activists charge.

Washington-based members of the Reform Party of Syria claimed that intelligence sources close to the Syrian government in Lebanon informed them that the protesters on the Syrian side of the Druze community of Majdal Shams were in fact poverty-stricken farmers paid by the Assad regime.

According to the sources, the farmers migrated over the last few years from drought-stricken northeast Syria to the south. They reached the Israel-Syria border on Sunday in the aims of reenact “Nakba Day” events, the sources said.

The Syrian opposition group claimed that each farmer was promised $1,000 for showing up at the rally and $10,000 to their families if they are killed by IDF fire.

According to the report, the average salary of a Syrian citizen is about $200 per month, meaning that participation in Sunday’s demonstration could provide a protester and his family with six months worth of financial relief.

Opposition activists noted that such tactics were previously used by Iraqi tyrant Saddam Hussein when the Ba’ath Party leader offered a $25,000 reward to the families of Palestinians who died while hurling stones at Israelis during the Intifada.

Reform Party members added that Assad’s payments were aimed at diverting attention away from his regime’s barbaric oppression of opposition members in the last three months and the killing of more than 1,000 citizens.

The opposition group stressed that while it believes that the Golan Heights belong to Syria, it wishes to return the land through peaceful negotiations.

“If Assad really wanted the Golan Heights, he would walk the same peaceful path Anwar Sadat walked long before him,” the group said in a statement.

SOURCE.

Lies, deception, and manslaughter - this is the Baath way :tu:.

As for violating another country's sovereignty - I think there are some laws about it, but of course they are not apply on the Syrian government :P.

If Syria wants peace, after it topples it's criminal leadership and set a government that would truly represent the interests and wishes of the Syrian nation, they are more than welcome to follow Saddat's footsteps.

Clinton’s State Department has called for protesters on the border of Israel’s occupied Golan Heights in Syria to “exercise restraint” in their demonstrations. “Provocative actions like this should be avoided,” it said after IDF soldiers killed 23 on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBL_K6dauhs&feature=player_embedded

Double standards: Clinton condemns Syrian violence but says nothing about Israeli violence against unarmed protesters.

The US statement emphasized that “Israel, like any sovereign nation, has a right to defend itself,” apparently including shooting unarmed protesters.

Sunday’s protest was held to mark the 44th anniversary of the Arab defeat in the 1967 Middle East war. Israel occupied Syria’s Golan Heights, the West Bank and the GazaStrip after the war. http://www.infowars.com/u-s-tells-golan-protesters-to-show-restraint-after-23-killed/

well erik

israel + peace .. two cannot be together

that's A

well B there's no prove for what you said above

any one can claim stuff .. it's hard to prove it however

it's really hippocracy by the usa isn't it ?

condeming violence against syria protestors by syrian goverment

while it's ok for israel to kill syrian protestors ..

always the usa sameo sameo

it's the remembrance of the " Naksa "

it's normal people would be angry and protest

and for the record the syrian military was there and restrianed people

but there was too much crowds

and had the army used force .. it'll be criticized by the usa

and if they army didn't use force .. it'll be accused of what you witnessed

above ...

seems like satisfying the west is a never ending path

a one we shouldn't take :D

that's A

Acidhead and KoS - you like to abuse international laws when it suites you against Israel (well actually KoS has his own set of international laws, fictional history etc.), but when it comes to the most basic right of a nation to defend it's sovereignty - you defend the aggressor.

Less than a month ago hundred of Syrian citizens broke the international border and invaded Israel. Israeli cops just stood there and watched as they were flooding our sovereign territory:

80151875-israeli-soldiers.jpg

nakba_025.jpg

If you had any decency in you, acidhead, you would have related the events of yesterday to what happened just three weeks ago.

Being that you have no such thing, I'm not surprised.

As for KoS - as I said, when Syria is liberated, he'll speak differently :).

it's syrian land .. illegaly occupied .. end of the story

israel existence there is ILLEGAL

well erik

that's A

Last I checked Israel wasn't at war with anyone. So it seems Israel + peace can be together. Israel just need to stop being massive d*****.

israel very existence started with war against palestine people

and israel peace killing actions still at pratctice in palestine

seriously i got nothing against israel people giving the thought

that my high school one of best friend was jew and israeli

but through israel goverment actions they don't want peace

they get greedy and want to take other people's rights

aka palestinians people

however that's offtopic

apologies

But taking the position that no peace can exist with Israel you are taking the position that the only way to deal with Israel is through violence and war. At which point the Israelis start freaking out that the Arabs want to wipe them all out. The only way there will be peace is if both sides admit they've done horrible things to each other and try to move forward for the good of both sides. Charging at army positions and answering with live ammo doesn't help things.

Last I checked Israel wasn't at war with anyone. So it seems Israel + peace can be together. Israel just need to stop being massive d*****.

In theory Israel is still at war with Syria but not all out fighting, since the 1967 war.

israel existence there is ILLEGAL
israel very existence started with war

See this is the problem here folks. As long as the other side continue to view Israel's existence as illegal, and it's mere existence as justification for war against it, there will be no peace.

The Arabs are stuck in the 1930s.

Get a grip and stop hate.

seriously i got nothing against israel people giving the thought

that my high school one of best friend was jew and israeli

LMAO. "Me? I'm not anti-semitic. Some of my best friends are Jewish" :rolleyes:

but through israel goverment actions they don't want peace

Wake up KoS. I know that you have no idea what democracy is, but in Israel the government represents the people - all of us. So saying the Israeli governments (all of them I presume) do not want peace is the same as saying Israelis don't want peace. Basically, in democracy this separation of regime and it's people does not exist. There is a reason why there is no general revolt against the Israeli government.