Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli forces kill 13 protesters 225 wounded

acidhead

So you think its right to allow Israeli troops to kill children of Syrain an Palestine backgrounds?

Hell no I don't think its alright to kill children. I'm one of the people that think doing this type of thing is wrong and disgusting. For any government to kill children in war times are disgusting and vile at best.

I also say the picutres of the children throwing rocks aren't means for the Israeli guards to open fire on the group of protesters. I threw rocks all the time while playing at my grandmothers house who had a rocky driveway. While the grown up did the protest the children found stuff to do in my own opinion.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Knight Of Shadows

• Erikl

• MichaelW

• Mr.United_Nations

So you think its right to allow Israeli troops to kill children of Syrain an Palestine backgrounds?
Report: 14 Palestinians shot dead in Syrian refugee camp

Eye witnesses say security guards opened fire on angry mourners who attacked Palestinian faction leaders in Yarmouk refugee camp near Damascus.

By Jack Khoury

Tags: Palestinians Syria

Palestinian security guards reportedly killed 14 Palestinians Monday in the Yarmouk refugee camp in Syria. According to witnesses, an angry crowd of mourners began to charge toward leaders of Palestinian factions, prompting their security guards to open fire.

The mourners accused the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) of endangering their lives during Sunday's protest on Israel's border, by encouraging them to put themselves in the line of fire.

Syrian and Palestinian protesters run away from teargas near the ceasefire line between Syria and Israel in the Golan Heights June 5, 2011.

Photo by: Reuters

The crowd chanted slogans against Maher al-Taher, PFLP spokesman and politburo member, and set fire to the PFLP headquarters. There are additional reports that Khaled Meshal, Hamas political leader in Damascus, arrived at the camp but was forced to leave.

PFLP leadership claims that outside forces are behind the riot, and that some of those killed are PLFP activists.

Syria said on Monday that 23 people were killed in Sunday's "Naksa Day" rally, commemorating 44 years since the 1967 Six-Day War. Israel captured Syria's Golan Heights in that conflict, as well as the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

Official Syrian news agency SANA quoted Health Minister Wael al-Halki as saying the death toll included a woman and a child, adding that another 350 people suffered gunshot wounds.

The Israeli Defense Force continued Tuesday to amass forces on the border between Israel and Syria, mainly in response to warnings of further protests to mark the 44th anniversary of the battles over East Jerusalem in the Six-Day War.

SOURCE

What? where is the thread about Syrians or pro-regime forces massacring Palestinians? is it ok to kill children and women in a funeral?? oh wait no, they are Arabs, and most of the liberals and pro-Palestinians on this forum are also racist of low expectations against Arabs.

How does it feel when reality explodes in your face? :rolleyes:

I will say it once and for all, for all you insane people here - trying to cross an international border, from you country to an enemy country, and tearing down cease fire lines (which is basically what is the current Israeli-Syrian border really is), will 99.999999% result in death. This is common sense. You don't want your children to die, don't send them to tear down international borders.

Oh and KoS, how come Turkey is forgiven for the Hatay Province, which is 5,403 km2 large, and has a population of 1.5 million people, as opposed to the Golan Heights, which are 1,200 km2 large, and has 20,000 Druze Syrians (with full Israeli citizenship) there? Maybe it has to do with the fact that Turkey is Islamic, and Erdogan became BFF with Syria and Iran, as opposed to Israel which is a Jewish state.

Syria is 185,180 km2 large.

Israel is 22,072 km2.

15% of Israel's water sources flow through the Golan Heights. Last time it was under Syrian control, it was used to bomb Israeli cities and to divert our water sources.

Diversion Plan

In 1964 when Israel's National Water Carrier was nearing completion, the second Arab League summit conference voted on a plan designed to circumvent and frustrate it.[4] The Arab and North African states chose to divert the Jordan headwaters rather than to use direct military intervention.[5][6] The heads of State of the Arab League considered two options:

The diversion of the Hasbani to the Litani combined with the diversion of the Banias to the Yarmouk,

The diversion of both the Hasbani and the Banias to the Yarmouk.

The second option was selected.[7]

Syria began its part of the overall Arab diversion plan with the construction of the Banias to Yarmouk canal in 1965, with financing from Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the diversion of the flow would have transported the water into a dam at Mukhaiba for use by Jordan and Syria and prevent the water from reaching the Sea of Galilee. Lebanon also started a canal to divert the waters of the Hasbani, whose source is in Lebanon, into the Banias. The Hasbani and Banias diversion works would have had the effect of reducing the capacity of the Israeli carrier from the Sea of Galilee by about 35% and Israel's overall water supply by about 11%. Additionally, it would have increased the salinity of the Sea of Galilee by 60 ppm.[5] Israel declared that it would regard such diversion as an infringement of its sovereign rights.[1]

The Syrian diversion works were targeted by a series of Israeli attacks, culminating in air strikes deep in Syrian territory in April 1967

SOURCE.

But ofcourse you will find new arguments. Let me guess how your reply is going to sound like - "but Israel is illegal/occupier blah blah blah...". That doesn't matter. Syria needs to take responsibility, stop hate, and the Syrian people need to accept Israel's right to exist in the region. The first stage is to get rid of your tyrant that send it's own citizens to commit suicide on international border/cease fire lines with an enemy state. What was on the Assad menu? oh yeah - $1,000 for "innocent protest" and $10,000 for martyrdom.

How the hell did you get that out of what I posted? Like Israel purposely goes out of its way to kill children. Seriously? War does not discriminate on who it kills.

I can't believe I'm having this. I thought people were smarter but I guess I was wrong.

Hell no I don't think its alright to kill children. I'm one of the people that think doing this type of thing is wrong and disgusting. For any government to kill children in war times are disgusting and vile at best.

War does not discriminate.

I also say the picutres of the children throwing rocks aren't means for the Israeli guards to open fire on the group of protesters. I threw rocks all the time while playing at my grandmothers house who had a rocky driveway. While the grown up did the protest the children found stuff to do in my own opinion.

Most of the time it isn't kids. It's fully grown adults and teenagers. Besides, throwing rocks is just one step away from throwing grenades.

Most of the time it isn't kids. It's fully grown adults and teenagers. Besides, throwing rocks is just one step away from throwing grenades.

Michael, by dragging us into this childish argument of who was killed and whether Israel's possession of the Heights is legal or not, they forget one thing, and I will repeat it until they will have some sense:

" trying to cross an international border, from you country to an enemy country, and tearing down cease fire lines (which is basically what is the current Israeli-Syrian border really is), will 99.999999% result in death. This is common sense. You don't want your children to die, don't send them to tear down international borders.".

Few weeks ago hundreds of the enemy's citizens torn down the border/cease fire line and invaded Israeli control territory. Last time, the retaliation was minimal. This time, it was harsher. Until Assad gets it, that he cannot make his political profit by dragging Israel into a conflict.

ahh michael you always make points on other people's behalf

then prove them wrong " prove your points wrong i mean the points you made "

on my behalf

then celebrate with your self while the other side of discussion

have no idea what's the matter with you :D

first of all i said about golan heights are palestinian lands lol

i said that i was busy with other discussions and made mistake

that's right go back in the page and see it ;)

then you claimed i said syria was the only country who lost land in war

.. again i never said that .. you made that up

i said syria lost land but didn't say only syria then you went on about egypt

bla bla bla bla

then you claimed you don't criticize syria cause of opinions against

usa and israel ... which is a lie and tried to pin it by claiming

or goverment is dictatorship and so on and so on

and so you claimed am not following the argument while it was you

in fact who had no idea that you're criticizng points .. you made

on my behalf and claiming things on my behalf

and you finished with the old dictatorship goverment crap

but the real reason syria will always be against the usa

like or not .. it's not the goverment that wants it this way

IT'S THE PEOPLE

and the people power is far greater than any goverment

i won't even go to why you think my goverment is dictatorship

coz that's different topic and you're trying to drag me offtopic

to lose the matter at hands .. as usually

SOURCE

What? where is the thread about Syrians or pro-regime forces massacring Palestinians? is it ok to kill children and women in a funeral?? oh wait no, they are Arabs, and most of the liberals and pro-Palestinians on this forum are also racist of low expectations against Arabs.

How does it feel when reality explodes in your face? :rolleyes:

I will say it once and for all, for all you insane people here - trying to cross an international border, from you country to an enemy country, and tearing down cease fire lines (which is basically what is the current Israeli-Syrian border really is), will 99.999999% result in death. This is common sense. You don't want your children to die, don't send them to tear down international borders.

Oh and KoS, how come Turkey is forgiven for the Hatay Province, which is 5,403 km2 large, and has a population of 1.5 million people, as opposed to the Golan Heights, which are 1,200 km2 large, and has 20,000 Druze Syrians (with full Israeli citizenship) there? Maybe it has to do with the fact that Turkey is Islamic, and Erdogan became BFF with Syria and Iran, as opposed to Israel which is a Jewish state.

Syria is 185,180 km2 large.

Israel is 22,072 km2.

15% of Israel's water sources flow through the Golan Heights. Last time it was under Syrian control, it was used to bomb Israeli cities and to divert our water sources.

SOURCE.

But ofcourse you will find new arguments. Let me guess how your reply is going to sound like - "but Israel is illegal/occupier blah blah blah...". That doesn't matter. Syria needs to take responsibility, stop hate, and the Syrian people need to accept Israel's right to exist in the region. The first stage is to get rid of your tyrant that send it's own citizens to commit suicide on international border/cease fire lines with an enemy state. What was on the Assad menu? oh yeah - $1,000 for "innocent protest" and $10,000 for martyrdom.

and there you have it erkil as usually trying to aviod israel terrorism

and crimes by shfiting the topic by mentioning another bad act

a rather pathic attempt to turn the attention away from israel

and you done it like what ? hundred times already ?

so on and so on but whatever you post this won't erase israel bad doing

trying to make the other side look ugly won't erase crimes by israel you know

it just helps you as your final weak ticket out of discussions

as you so often do :P

however you keep making mistake saying that borders from country

to the enmey country !

how many times i have to tell you those borders exist only in your mind

the borders are syrian-syrian borders both lands are syrian

so there's no borders there's no laws to break

there's israel illegally occupying syrian lands therefor

giving syrian people the right to resist by force .. and so they did

and so they will do again and again

now the part where you admit that israel existence in golan heights

is not legal .. you admit also the killing of those people who were killed

by the reason that they stepped foot in " THEIR " land

that was wrongfully and illegaly occupied by israel

don't run away from the topic by posting different things trying

to make it look like syria is bad you can do that in other topics

but the topic is clear and exact it's about golan heights ;)

but to address your funny post so you won't get all gloomy on me

it did say that angry " mourners " ATTACKED

therfore the security forces's job is to keep security and protect

they don't let people attack each other and would use force when they should

i thought you as israeli know about using forces for reason or without one

for israel have used that type of things on even children for throwing rocks

you see you shouldn't take the method of " making " it look bad

coz israel is not on the winning side of that .. trust me

just don't call me anti-semtic for that k ? remember we're cousins :D

and there you have it erkil as usually trying to aviod israel terrorism

and crimes by shfiting the topic by mentioning another bad act

Crocodile tears !

It's so obvious your dictator is trying to drag Israel to a conflict to divert attention from his own crimes.

It's not off topic. It's totally related (much more than, say, starting a discussion about the meaning of antisemitism in a thread about Assyrian dictionary :rolleyes:).

The longer your post is, the more usual rant of "blah blah" it has.

Israel and Syria are enemy countries.

The current Golan Heights border is an internationally acknowledged cease fire line, to which Israel last retreated in 1973.

This border has Syrian, UN and Israeli borders all around it. In a non-democratic country like Syria, no way would thousands of people be able to tear down the border without permission by the military which answers to the Syrian government.

Doing so, is an act of war. If the Druze citizens of the Golan Heights itself from within would have protested, that's a whole other story. They did, btw, and they weren't shot at because Israel is a democracy and allow it's citizens to protest. However, you cannot deny Israel from it's rights to self-defense. And stopping swarm of enemy citizens from invading your country by tearing down international cease fire lines is a classic, undisputed, case of self-defense.

That, coupled with the reports of the Syrian opposition about the price your government paid, sums it up. Every attempt to make it look different, is pathetic and idiotic.

Edited by Erikl

and it'll be the first guess

israel terms are flawed they want to keep " part of golan heighs "

the part that has water supply etc etc etc

and no way syria will approve to that .. goverment or people

and for peace talks .. israel does not want peace

they've said they want to .. but their actions shows otherwise

those syrian that has been killed on the borders will not go so easy

their families .. friends .. and anyone who cares will go the borders .. again

that's right am expecting another protest

and it's not so impossiable to win golan heights by war as you say man

remember lebanon ?

am sure you know that hezboallah kick israel out of lebanon

" the really hard way "

israel is not as powerful as it claims

not seen lebanon war ? small milita " again " called hezboallah

have prevented israel from getting into lebanon in previous war

results : israel failure both in stopping hezboallah attacks

or into going into lebanon they only went in to the battle ground

hezboallah have set for them to

many military personlites retired out of israel army

and yeah so on and so on

there might be a war coming soon it's hard to tell

but hostility rising in the air like fire crackers

we wouldn't want war .. but maybe it's the only way

Why would anyone hand over territory to a hostile power that would allow them to bomb their cities and cut off some of their water supply? If I was running Israel I wouldn't give away the Heights unless a peace treaty ensured that Syria would not use the returned land for military purposes. I doubt anyone would. And yes the Israeli government has shown no interest in peace...and neither have many of the Arab governments. I'm sure if given the chance Israel and Syria would gleefully slaughter each other.

Knight any campaign to try and take back the Heights would be vastly different from what happened in Lebanon. The reason why Hezbollah won is because they hid out in populated areas, wore no uniforms so they looked just like civilians, and used small arms to fight back. They would also on the defensive, making no moves to gain territory. Israel didn't have a clear target to hit. It was political anger over the civilian deaths that lost the war for Israel, not any kind of military actions Hezbollah took.

Now such tactics would not work with getting back the Heights. There would need to be a focused offensive by military soldiers, backed up by air and armour support, attacking a heavily defended area. In that fight Syria would lose...badly. The simple truth is that Syria cannot take on Israel in a one-on-one fight.

ahh michael you always make points on other people's behalf

then prove them wrong " prove your points wrong i mean the points you made "

on my behalf

then celebrate with your self while the other side of discussion

have no idea what's the matter with you :D

first of all i said about golan heights are palestinian lands lol

i said that i was busy with other discussions and made mistake

that's right go back in the page and see it ;)

then you claimed i said syria was the only country who lost land in war

.. again i never said that .. you made that up

i said syria lost land but didn't say only syria then you went on about egypt

bla bla bla bla

then you claimed you don't criticize syria cause of opinions against

usa and israel ... which is a lie and tried to pin it by claiming

or goverment is dictatorship and so on and so on

and so you claimed am not following the argument while it was you

in fact who had no idea that you're criticizng points .. you made

on my behalf and claiming things on my behalf

and you finished with the old dictatorship goverment crap

but the real reason syria will always be against the usa

like or not .. it's not the goverment that wants it this way

IT'S THE PEOPLE

and the people power is far greater than any goverment

i won't even go to why you think my goverment is dictatorship

coz that's different topic and you're trying to drag me offtopic

to lose the matter at hands .. as usually

Clearly, whatever I post has no bearing on you so I'll leave you to captain your own runaway train for the time being.

Have fun reaping the fruits of your ignorance.

How the hell did you get that out of what I posted? Like Israel purposely goes out of its way to kill children. Seriously? War does not discriminate on who it kills.

I can't believe I'm having this. I thought people were smarter but I guess I was wrong.

KoS and a few others don't use logic in their talks. They use religion and heated anger which results in inaccurate comments and misleading propaganda which could be fuel for Pro-Palestian or Pro-Syria idiots who can't tell fact from fiction. Sorry if this hurts anyones feelings, but it is the truth and has been shown throughout numorious threads. Only tyrants like Syria's president makes me feel sorry for these misguided individuals who give these lives for lies and fabricated stories.

KoS and a few others don't use logic in their talks. They use religion and heated anger which results in inaccurate comments and misleading propaganda which could be fuel for Pro-Palestian or Pro-Syria idiots who can't tell fact from fiction. Sorry if this hurts anyones feelings, but it is the truth and has been shown throughout numorious threads. Only tyrants like Syria's president makes me feel sorry for these misguided individuals who give these lives for lies and fabricated stories.

Actually dont blame other users please, and we never use religion, there is no misleading propganda.

who on earth used religion ?

and where Phox can u show us ?

Enlighten us

Why would anyone hand over territory to a hostile power that would allow them to bomb their cities and cut off some of their water supply? If I was running Israel I wouldn't give away the Heights unless a peace treaty ensured that Syria would not use the returned land for military purposes. I doubt anyone would. And yes the Israeli government has shown no interest in peace...and neither have many of the Arab governments. I'm sure if given the chance Israel and Syria would gleefully slaughter each other.

Knight any campaign to try and take back the Heights would be vastly different from what happened in Lebanon. The reason why Hezbollah won is because they hid out in populated areas, wore no uniforms so they looked just like civilians, and used small arms to fight back. They would also on the defensive, making no moves to gain territory. Israel didn't have a clear target to hit. It was political anger over the civilian deaths that lost the war for Israel, not any kind of military actions Hezbollah took.

Now such tactics would not work with getting back the Heights. There would need to be a focused offensive by military soldiers, backed up by air and armour support, attacking a heavily defended area. In that fight Syria would lose...badly. The simple truth is that Syria cannot take on Israel in a one-on-one fight.

there's agreement . a peace agreement

which was Golan Heights for peace aka land for peace

isreal as greedy as it is .. refused it .. actually accepted it

but wanted to keep part of golan heights .. like i said before

the part that has water supply .. yeah and israel wanted to keep it

this just to show how greedy israel is they don't want peace

they want expansion and nothing more and israel term was

to make the water flow to their lands .. not to syria

can you tell me what kind of idiot would accept such terms ?

can you as a president accept the term that your people go thristy

while israel flourish with more and more waters ?

and actually syria is the one that has been keeping peace in the area

for song long .. you may not reliaze it but it's a fact man

but the thing is .. there's different between equal peace

and between kowtow to israel wishes

after all we're a free country we don't take orders from any country

and if a war happenend it won't be one-on-one war

it'll be regional war let me put it simple

syria has cards to play .. cards like hamas , hezboallah ,

beside powerful ally as iran

israel can't keep neither syria or hezboallah at pay

especially with hamas boiling within israel

syria spent so much time supporting resistance movements

and forged a powerfull allience which made it a key player in the area

this all will come to play if a war ever occured

i know the usa will rush to aid their israelis allies

there's no question about that but there's also allies would aid syria

so like i said any war includes syria .. it'll be regional war

Crocodile tears !

It's so obvious your dictator is trying to drag Israel to a conflict to divert attention from his own crimes.

It's not off topic. It's totally related (much more than, say, starting a discussion about the meaning of antisemitism in a thread about Assyrian dictionary :rolleyes:).

The longer your post is, the more usual rant of "blah blah" it has.

Israel and Syria are enemy countries.

The current Golan Heights border is an internationally acknowledged cease fire line, to which Israel last retreated in 1973.

This border has Syrian, UN and Israeli borders all around it. In a non-democratic country like Syria, no way would thousands of people be able to tear down the border without permission by the military which answers to the Syrian government.

Doing so, is an act of war. If the Druze citizens of the Golan Heights itself from within would have protested, that's a whole other story. They did, btw, and they weren't shot at because Israel is a democracy and allow it's citizens to protest. However, you cannot deny Israel from it's rights to self-defense. And stopping swarm of enemy citizens from invading your country by tearing down international cease fire lines is a classic, undisputed, case of self-defense.

That, coupled with the reports of the Syrian opposition about the price your government paid, sums it up. Every attempt to make it look different, is pathetic and idiotic.

you never cease to give me a laugh cousin i like that

however i'll play your way and say the goverment paid those people

to do what they did on the border ..

now let's see u prove it eh ? :D

what proof you have ? beside your word and articles that post

opinions of other people like your self .. but no real prove

come on am looking forward for this :P

there's agreement . a peace agreement

which was Golan Heights for peace aka land for peace

isreal as greedy as it is .. refused it .. actually accepted it

but wanted to keep part of golan heights .. like i said before

the part that has water supply .. yeah and israel wanted to keep it

A. There was no peace treaty, stop lying. There were negotiations. Implying there was a peace treaty some how implies someone broke it.

B. You still didn't response to my question about why the Turks get away with the Hatay province, which is much bigger and has much more Syrians and Turkish settlers living there, but Israel, which much much smaller than Syria, needs to give back every single grain of that land. Even the Egyptians didn't want all their land.

C. The part that has water - last time you controlled that part you tried to cut us off our water supply!

D. This has nothing to do with the fact that enemy citizens tried to invade a hostile country by tearing down acknowledged international cease fire lines, stationed by the UN and by soldiers from both sides.

You always do that. The issue here is not whether the Golan Heights belong to Israel or not, it's whether Israel's actions towards those "protesters" was justified. And it was 100% justified according to any known international law.

You blame me for using your country's misconduct whenever you attack my country's policies. However - you seem to be doing just that! :w00t:

The legality of Israel's possession of the Golan Heights is completely irrelevant to this thread. As I shown, and again you ignored that part, Druze residents of the Heights, which used to be Syrians but got Israeli passports, freely protested in what on their opinion is the illegality of Israel's possession of that territory, on the same day in Majdal Shams. Yet no single bullet was fired. This is actually very relevant to this thread, much more than the legal status of the area, because it disproves completely your agenda (which I still cannot fully understand, other than hailing your tyrant and bashing Israel and the West) about the reasons for why Israel shot on those people, and proves exactly what I'm saying here - the fire wasn't shot on them for political or racial reasons, it was a legitimate defense of a sovereign state against an invasion of the enemy's people.

you never cease to give me a laugh cousin i like that

however i'll play your way and say the goverment paid those people

to do what they did on the border ..

now let's see u prove it eh ?

what proof you have ? beside your word and articles that post

opinions of other people like your self .. but no real prove

come on am looking forward for this

Out of my long post about the legitimacy of a nation to defend it's sovereignty and you decided to address only a single line, which doesn't prove or disprove my claim, but just adds to it?

This is pathetic :rolleyes:.

and if a war happenend it won't be one-on-one war

it'll be regional war let me put it simple

syria has cards to play .. cards like hamas , hezboallah ,

beside powerful ally as iran

israel can't keep neither syria or hezboallah at pay

especially with hamas boiling within israel

syria spent so much time supporting resistance movements

and forged a powerfull allience which made it a key player in the area

this all will come to play if a war ever occured

i know the usa will rush to aid their israelis allies

there's no question about that but there's also allies would aid syria

so like i said any war includes syria .. it'll be regional war

You do realise that your little "resistance groups" (a term I use very lightly as they are not such groups) do not have the strength to take on Israel in an offensive. Hamas has a peace agreement with Israel and does not want to be seen breaking that agreement for a very good reason, which I'm sure you can clearly see. Hezbollah uses the Lebanese people as pawns in their political ambitions and still do not have the capacity to take on Israel in a full blown offensive war. Essentially, and pay very close attention to this Knight as you have a habit of loosing touch with reality when it comes to these things, Hamas and Hezbollah can only fight defensive wars.

Iran cannot act because countries like Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf States will probably prevent them from deploying anything which they could see as a threat. As Iran has no real offensive capabilities outside of a small border conflict, they won't be a factor in any future regional conflict.

Now, Egypt and Jordan are reluctant to start another war with Israel and they recieve a lot of Western money and arms. As the governments and the vast majority of people are now content their once corrupt leaders have gone, they will not want to risk more political instability by launching another war.

So, that leaves Syria effectively isolated with no more than a bunch of ill equipped paramilitaries against a techonologically advanced and militairily superior enemy. President Assad and the Syrian people need to realise that force isn't the answer. Otherwise, Syria will be dragged into hell. You cannot fight a war against Israel and expect to come out victorious. It is not possible at all. I know what the Israelis can deploy. I know what the Syrians can deploy. Syria only has the numbers in terms of troop and equipment deployment, yet I cannot see the Syrian Armed Forces being better equipped or better trained than the Israelis.

You can take this as a warning. Or ignore it.

Israel was nearly destroyed by Sadaam Hussien's Scuds back in the 90s, Israel never responded only asked the USA to fight them.

Israel only wants a war with Syria, but there is a peace process which everyone knows about.

Sorry but Israel cannot defend itself from huge attacks, they nearly got scared by Turkey within the last 2 years about a "plane".

Israel hasnt got the strength to protect its people but only to attack other nations people.

Michael pretty much nailed it. After all Israel was able to hold off Syria, Egypt, and Jordan off at once. They're going to have no problem against Syria and a bunch of guys with AKs and RPGs. The best Syria could hope for in that kind of fight is if Israel killed enough civilians that political pressure forced them to back down. And even then there'd be no change in territory. And I don't think they'd get much help from other countries. Jordan doesn't want a new war, Egypt seems content with the status quo, Iraq has their own problems, and Lebanon barely has an army. Now if Iran was able to send a big army in to help, without any neighbouring countries pitching a fit, then things might even out a bit. Otherwise there is just no way Syrian and a few terrorists groups can defeat Israel militarily. That's just the truth of the matter.

How the heck was Israel nearly destroyed by scud attacks? :huh:

Edited by Corp

Michael pretty much nailed it. After all Israel was able to hold off Syria, Egypt, and Jordan off at once. They're going to have no problem against Syria and a bunch of guys with AKs and RPGs. The best Syria could hope for in that kind of fight is if Israel killed enough civilians that political pressure forced them to back down. And even then there'd be no change in territory. And I don't think they'd get much help from other countries. Jordan doesn't want a new war, Egypt seems content with the status quo, Iraq has their own problems, and Lebanon barely has an army. Now if Iran was able to send a big army in to help, without any neighbouring countries pitching a fit, then things might even out a bit. Otherwise there is just no way Syrian and a few terrorists groups can defeat Israel militarily. That's just the truth of the matter.

Morale

perhaps people are overlooking the fact israel would not exist

this day if it wasn't for usa interfernce and force truce

till israel was provided by weapons and arms by their beloved EU

and usa

when syria and egypt nearly destroyed israel

or such things are beyond rememberance ?

isreal was so desperate to the level they threatened to use nuclear

now isn't that a fact ?

but of course using nuclear on syria might hurt israel the same

as it would hurt syria .. but just to let some people know

about syria there's big fog surrounds syria military powers

no one actually knows what kind of firepower syria got

not even syrians

that was the history lession for the day

it was about the unitiy between syria and egypt and the results

they nearly destroyed israel if it wasn't for western interfernce

and let's face it . whenever we say western interfernce

it's 99% of times for israel's good profit not arabs

say what ?!!!!!

you do realize when syrian and egypt attacked israel

israel crawled to their beloved usa to protect them ??!

did you know had the usa never interfer in that war the world as we know today

might have been completly different

ISRAEL THREATEND TO USE NUCLEAR

does that tell you something ? they were nearly defeated

but again .. thanks to the usa .. as for many other bad things

in the arab world we have the usa to thank

the war was stopped enough to provide israel with what it takes

to defeat egypt and syria

i'll post the details of that war later for you

coz i think the west would twist anything in history

that simply " doesn't fit "

by the way those guys of RPG and AK47

defeated israel in lebanon " hezboallah "

or hamams if you meant .. have missles fire arms

not ****ty weapons as you imagin

hell .. hezboallah alone has more missles

than saudia goverment :D

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

Part of >the article in the OP reads as follows:

Israel has accused Syrian President Bashar al-Assad of permitting the Golan protests to try to divert international attention from his bloody suppression of the popular revolt against his authoritarian rule. "The Syrian leadership is encouraging events on the Golan Heights in order to divert the world's attention away from the bloodbath they have inflicted on their own people," Dore Gold, a former Israeli ambassador to the United Nations, told Reuters.

NEW TACTIC FEARED

Israel is concerned that protests by unarmed demonstrators are a new tactic adopted by Palestinians, inspired by popular revolts in the Arab world, to draw a violent response and gain more world sympathy for their cause.

Rather than delve back into past history, would anyone care to discuss the pros and cons of the above?

Karlis -- moderator team member

Israel was nearly destroyed by Sadaam Hussien's Scuds back in the 90s, Israel never responded only asked the USA to fight them.

What a load of... Israel was asked by the USA not to retaliate out of fear that anti-Israeli coalition members (Syria and Saudi Arabia) will get out of the coalition they were leading in Desert Storm.

Israel wasn't "nearly destroyed", as Sadaam fired missiles with concrete warheads (out of fear of Israeli or American response should he had used his chemical arsenal). Never the less, it did terrorize the country, and there was fear that one of those 40 SCUDs fired at Israel was carrying chemicals.

As for the rest of your post - follows the same bull.