Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Big Belief Thread

Universal Absurdity

Do you believe in a creator/creation?

I believe that there is a Creator, but he is nothing like what the Abrahamic (Judiasm, Xianity, Islam) religions believe!

Do you believe in evolution?

Like the Doc (DrStrangeLove) I don’t believe people came from monkeys (and evolutionist) never said this, I do wholeheartedly believe in evolution, there is a trail in the fossil record showing adaptation and advancement from the beginning of life, several billion years ago, to present.

Do you believe in God?

If you mean any of the deities of organized religions - No, I believe in the Creator – an entirely different thing.

Do you believe UFO's exist?

Having seen at least one, I believe in UFO’s, but as to what they are, I haven’t a clue.

Do you believe there are aliens? And do you believe they are here?

Yes I believe that we are not the only life forms in this universe, but rather doubt that they are here. I do not believe in angels, demons, imps, fairies, elves or other such creatures from primitive beliefs.

What conspiracies do you think are really conspiracies?

I sometimes wonder about the Kennedy assassination – it’s something (based on long association with) that I wouldn’t put pass the CIA. They were very chummy with organized crime at that time and the mob hated the Kennedys

Do you believe in prophecy? Which prophecies?

I do not believe in prophecy. There are few prophecies that have come about and those were only by accident.

Do you believe in psychic phenomenon?

I will only say that it is possible.

Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes, I lived with one for 4 years…..weird but interesting blink.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snuffypuffer

• Universal Absurdity

• MichaelS

• Permakid

Do you believe in a creator/creation? Yes. I believe in the creators Shiva and Shakti. Matter and conciousness

Do you believe in evolution? Yes. Maybe some people believe that my belief in a creator is contradictory to believing in evolution, but I stronly believe in both. I believe that we were created and evolved by God and are still evolving (maybe physically or mentally) over time.

Do you believe in God? Yes. I believe that Shiva and Shakti come together in union to create Brahman..the ultimate. The source. God original.gif

Do you believe UFO's exist? I definatly do. I believe I have SEEN a UFO as well.

Do you believe there are aliens? And do you believe they are here? I believe that there are aliens. I am not really sure if I believe they are here. Perhaps they are not as advanced as we are. If this is the case, then no. I do not believe they are here. If they are far more advanced than us and have the technology and the means to travel to other galaxies, etc. Then I believe it is entirely plausible that they have been here. Going back to my creator theory. To me, to believe that we are the only life in the universe is a selfish and narrow minded thought (not meant to offend, please dont take offense if you do not believe the same as I do!). God has the means to create whatever God wants. S/he has created many universes and galaxies. It is silly to me to think that we may be the only ones here! original.gif

What conspiracies do you think are really conspiracies? Man, this is a hard question to answer. Hmm. I believe in MOST conspiracies simply because I am not educated enough to NOT believe in them. Since I do not know the truths behind most of these so called conspiracies, I call myself of a believer of them. If that makes ANY sense!

Do you believe in prophecy? Which prophecies? I believe in prophecies revealed to mankind through God. Such as the coming of Kalki (the 10th avaatar, or incarnation, of Visnu).

Do you believe in psychic phenomenon? I believe simply because I have no reason, as of yet, to NOT believe.

What else do you believe in, that i havent mentioned above? I believe in many things. My beliefs are vast and ever changing. Some of my many beliefs are:

Marijuana is a gift from God. (Kinda contraversial, bwahaha).

I believe in peace. But I also believe in standing up for ones beliefs. This doest NOT mean to kill in the name of God, or to hurt others that do not believe the same as you do. This means to not let yourself be the victim of those who DO hurt in the name of God.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

post-14-1093502946.jpg

No.

It's the most likely thoery, Darwin's the man.

Do you believe in God?

No.

Anything flying that's unidentified is a UFO so yes, but they are most likely military testing craft.

I doubt they've visited Earth, but it's likely intelligent lives exists somewhere out there.

Not sure, but as for govt. conspiracies, i doubt the government has the aptitude of hiding mass conspiracies.

No.

No.

What else do you believe in, that i havent mentioned above?

Nothing!

No.

yea, makes the most sence

Do you believe in God?

No.

yea i think most (ok some) are genuine

yea, and they might be here...

yea for the most part (i.e. 9/11)

No.

Not really

Santa is evil....

Do you believe in a creator/creation? no

Do you believe in evolution? yes

Do you believe in God? yes

Do you believe UFO's exist? maybe

Do you believe there are aliens? And do you believe they are here? probably not

What conspiracies do you think are really conspiracies? Kennedy assasination

Do you believe in prophecy? Which prophecies? no

Do you believe in psychic phenomenon? maybe leaning to yes

What else do you believe in, that i havent mentioned above? I believe in myself, I believe in love, and I believe in happy endings original.gif

I believe in all I have experienced...

paranormal, prophesy, myself, love ...

Yup

Yes and No, I believe there was a creator in the beginning who sort of let things flow as in an evolutionary state.

Do you believe in God?

Yes I do...errm... alien.gif ....maybe...okay my faith is dwindling...but it shouldn't...okay i'll keep my faith.... (yes, this is how I think tongue.gif )

As in alien space craft, yes. I say some are piloted by humans, mechanical robots (pre-programmed in that sense), and aliens.

Yes I do, and in no doubt, they are here.

I believe in some prophecies. But some prophecies mingle with each other and their accuracy in data can be a little vague, but if you connect similar prophecies you can get a general feel as what time the event(s) will occur.

Why not? There are documentations of sorts...that people haven't seen and a few of them that have been skepticized even when doctors are the ones who have documented such cases. blink.gif Yes...it happens, and i'm sure we all know why.

I also believe that a civilization that most are unaware and/or are aware of, like aliens, will make their debut some time in the near future. Maybe in a few months or a few years. But I have a feeling they'll come. Some prophecies and legends fortell the coming of aliens and some fortell the coming of a highly advanced human race, in terms of technology and psychically.

I also believe a greater war will be inevitable, maybe a World War III or armageddon and this is when that civilization will come. Perhaps in 2012 or earlier. It's all in due time. I also believe that the US will be targeted first or Israel by an explosion of some sort. (Quite vague yes, it's all in the prophecies, I'm just workin' through them)

Edited by Blue-Scorpion

Yes, I am Catholic, I believe God is the creator

All things evolve, but as in evolution creating the Earth? No

Do you believe in God?

Yes, I do

It's possible, but not something I wanna think about too much (kinda a scary thought)

This is also a possibility. My mother used to talk about this quite a bit as I was growing up. She says that they relate to the Book of Enouch, and are, in fact, fallen angels.

Well, I do. The main being the 'end of days' type. Sounds pessimistic I know.

Yes. I know it exists because I've seen it in action, in so many ways. It's not all good, and it's not all bad, but, there is a definant difference, and you have to be careful.

A lot of things. You might even hear about them in my posts tongue.gif

• 3 weeks later...

- I believe all living things have souls. This includes plants, animals... and yes: stars, galaxies, everything... I believe in life on other worlds. I believe we all have a choice in what happens to us once we die... that if we long for something enough or believe in it enough, it is real... and it will happen. I believe in reincarnation. I believe in a higher power. Whether that higher power is known to you as "God", whether it be the universe itself or Mother Nature, or whether it simply be ourselves. I believe the universe has always existed and always will exist. I believe in other realms, barriers... and times. I believe that there is no "past", "present" and "future". I simply believe it is all happening at once... that we are born into different realms and time barriers. I believe in transcending.

post-1658-1095585665.jpg

Edited by Thistle

Everything that exists now has always existed and always will, per the law of conservation of mass and energy. I don't believe that anything "created" the universe or life.

Evolution is just a natural process like any other. I don't "believe" in it...it exists.

Do you believe in God?

I don't believe that a conscious entity created us or the universe.

Well...see below.

I believe that, most likely, there is life on other planets/moons. Whether it is sentient, I can't say. I doubt that it has visited us, but it's possible.

Um. Loch Ness and Bigfoot, I think. But I haven't really done much research into either.

Nope. I haven't yet seen one come true.

No. Give me some solid proof, and I may investigate it more, but I definitely don't as of right now.

What else do you believe in, that I haven't mentioned above?

I'm an atheist, but I'm also agnostic, because I don't know the answers to everything. I don't know what happens after death, but I really like to believe in reincarnation. It makes the most sense to me. I like the Hindu concept of being reincarnated continuously until one reaches a certain point....what happens at this stage, I have no clue. As for God...I choose not to believe in "it" until I have further proof, but I don't know for certain whether "it" exists or not. I believe in karma - what one does comes back to oneself. I believe that anything is moral so long as it doesn't harm oneself or others. So I guess one could say I base my beliefs on the Hindu concept of karma/reincarnation and the new age/Wiccan concept of "an ye harm, do what ye will." I have yet to find a religion that suits all of my beliefs.

i belive in everything on the list what els do i belive in hmmmm big war on astral plane yes thats why ghosts are comeing here cause we are loseing the war the 3rd war has already started on the astral planes we will all die in 2012 theres to maney things that i belive in i wont say it at this time oh yeah i dont belive in magic sorry sad.gif