Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Triple-barrelled cannon found in Croatia

Big Bad Voodoo

When an ancient three-barrelled cannon was discovered by schoolchildren, museum officials would have known they had stumbled on a rare find.

But now, 40 years after the discovery of the unique weapon, they have learned just how important it is - the gun is a prototype designed by Leonardo Da Vinci himself.

The cannon was discovered in a Croatian fort, but only now has it been confirmed it was designed more than 500 years ago by the artist and inventor.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Bad Voodoo

• SolarPlexus

• odas

• diablo_04

wow thats awesome

wow thats awesome

Isnt?

That "machine gun" was Leonardos help against Turks. Croats and Serbs fight togher against Ottoman empire. Benkovac was border back then.(?)

looks really awesome

article-2002102-0C7F469C00000578-757_468x354.jpg

Isnt?

That "machine gun" was Leonardos help against Turks. Croats and Serbs fight togher against Ottoman empire. Benkovac was border back then.(?)

This is a triple-barreled cannon, how can you say its a machine gun, do you know what is a machine gun? A machine gun is a gun who can fire rounds multiple times automatically

And i belive its a miss invention the barels are fix and you cant aim all the barrels, its just a waist of ammunition.

This is a triple-barreled cannon, how can you say its a machine gun, do you know what is a machine gun? A machine gun is a gun who can fire rounds multiple times automatically

And i belive its a miss invention the barels are fix and you cant aim all the barrels, its just a waist of ammunition.

Okay, title by dailymail

Triple-barrelled cannon found in Croatian fort is 'machine gun' forerunner designed by Da Vinci

Im not expert in weapons.

Cheers neighbour.

@Diablo

Who cares about aim....and it certainly didnt waste ammo.

The weapon is clearly designed to shoot into a crowd of enemy.With a load of angry men rushing you..i imagine this was quite handy

@Diablo

Who cares about aim....and it certainly didnt waste ammo.

The weapon is clearly designed to shoot into a crowd of enemy.With a load of angry men rushing you..i imagine this was quite handy

Its not so simple, its a cannon so its for big objects. and to make this kind of a cannon you need extra work it is easier to make 3 cannons separately. If this cannon was quite handy why aren't more cannons like this one ?

Don't get me wrong, i believe its cool to see a cannon like this but its not practical.

In war if a weapon turn out to be very handy, it will be known and wildly used.

edit to fix grammar :blush:

Edited by diablo_04_12

How can anyone not know who Leonardo Da Vinci is...?

Yeah, I liked him in Gangs of New York.

This cannon is quiet a piece of art. It can be clasified as the early mashine gun but I also do not see it as very useful even at that time when it was used. As diablo pointed out it would have been more eficiente to use more individual cannons.

But on the other hand, maybe it was more eficiente then we think. I mean three rounds of cannonball at the same time and the almost exact target can make a huge damage to the enemy.

looks really awesome

article-2002102-0C7F469C00000578-757_468x354.jpg

WAIT! That's not a cannon! It's an Über BONG!

Yeah, I liked him in Gangs of New York.

This cannon is quiet a piece of art. It can be clasified as the early mashine gun but I also do not see it as very useful even at that time when it was used. As diablo pointed out it would have been more eficiente to use more individual cannons.

But on the other hand, maybe it was more eficiente then we think. I mean three rounds of cannonball at the same time and the almost exact target can make a huge damage to the enemy.

Now look what Ottomans/Turks have had.

Dardanelles_Gun_Turkish_Bronze_15c.png

Great_Turkish_Bombard_at_Fort_Nelson.JPG

Usually common accepted theory is that walls of Constanntinople vanished by using similar cannons.

WOOOW

Dardanelles_Gun_Turkish_Bronze_15c.png

Edited by SolarPlexus

Who was that man? Some amazing stuff.

Who do you mean?

:/

The 12-barreled weapon was known as a ribauldequin or ribault, and was first used by the army of King Edward III in 1339, thus pre-dating the birth of daVinci by 113 years. Sloppy journalism!

Hm... leonardo da vinci always surprise people, even though he did nothing but think on his own. even in this day and age... I wonder what wonders outside the box that still exist that no one even dares to think about.

The 12-barreled weapon was known as a ribauldequin or ribault, and was first used by the army of King Edward III in 1339, thus pre-dating the birth of daVinci by 113 years. Sloppy journalism!

Any link? Where did you read that?