Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ruins seen or found on Google Earth

Pax Unum

6 hours ago, Hanslune said:

I believe this might be the ruins of the Paracas culture which was an Andean society existing between approximately 800 BCE and 100 BCE,

Thanks for the information.

• Like 1

Amiternum amphitheater - 42°24'01.85" N  13°18'21.55" E

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Amphitheatre_of_Aquinum.jpg/640px-Amphitheatre_of_Aquinum.jpg

Baths - 42°23'59.90" N  13°18'21.88" E

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bd/Rovine_di_Amiternum.JPG/640px-Rovine_di_Amiternum.JPG

Theater - 42°24'13.79" N  13°18'35.64" E

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/Amiternum_2015_by-RaBoe_064.jpg/640px-Amiternum_2015_by-RaBoe_064.jpg

Edited by Pax Unum
  • Like 7

Casinum Amphitheater - 41°28'58.26" N  13°49'24.94" E

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/Casinum_Amphitheatre_2.jpg/640px-Casinum_Amphitheatre_2.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/24/Casinum_Amphitheatre.jpg/640px-Casinum_Amphitheatre.jpg

Theater - 41°28'59.23" N  13°49'16.05" E

File:Teatro romano di Casinum.jpg

Via Latina - 41°28'56.42" N  13°49'21.08" E

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Roman_road_Casinum.jpg/640px-Roman_road_Casinum.jpg

Edited by Pax Unum
  • Like 7

Uqair fort - 25°38'39.41" N  50°12'52.46" E

https://live.staticflickr.com/1477/25419738913_65e4294dc6_b.jpg

Edited by Pax Unum
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, Pax Unum said:

Uqair fort - 25°38'39.41" N  50°12'52.46" E

https://live.staticflickr.com/1477/25419738913_65e4294dc6_b.jpg

Ah the site is much better shape (unsure of what the date of the image is) than I remember. I visited it several times when I was working in the Saudi fantasy land. I remember that it was linked to some sites in Bahrain which I lived next to for a while.

3_98.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see people demand the "Power's That Be" (PTB) use SATELLITE ARCHAEOLOGY or INFARED - HIGH RESOLUTION photography to take pictures of the entire Earth. If you're not familiar with it, track down CURIOSITY, EGYPT: WHAT LIES BENEATH, Season 1 Episode 11 Air Date 10/09/2011. Doctor Sarah Parkit (last name be spelled incorrectly or wrong but does start with "P") from University of Alabama, Birmingham is on of it's pioneer-founders. It can identify a nickel 30 feet under the Earth's coverings (dirt, sand). This is ground breaking stuff and no one seems to know it's out there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedddWing said:

I would like to see people demand the "Power's That Be" (PTB) use SATELLITE ARCHAEOLOGY or INFARED - HIGH RESOLUTION photography to take pictures of the entire Earth. If you're not familiar with it, track down CURIOSITY, EGYPT: WHAT LIES BENEATH, Season 1 Episode 11 Air Date 10/09/2011. Doctor Sarah Parkit (last name be spelled incorrectly or wrong but does start with "P") from University of Alabama, Birmingham is on of it's pioneer-founders. It can identify a nickel 30 feet under the Earth's coverings (dirt, sand). This is ground breaking stuff and no one seems to know it's out there. 

Many Universities In the Eastern U.S. use the U.S. Military. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedddWing said:

Howdy RedddWing

You mean: Sarah Parcak, Ph.D., a professor of anthropology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham,

https://www.uab.edu/news/people/item/10599-archaeology-from-space-launches-in-birmingham

It is well-known I'm not sure why you're not aware of it

As part of her clever plan to remain unknown she published this popular book:

Parcak4.jpg

Her husband is an Egyptologist

"" Sarah and her husband, Egyptologist Greg Mumford, work together on the Surveys and Excavation Projects in Egypt, which includes archaeological projects in the Delta, Sinai, and pyramid fields regions of Egypt. Sarah has written the first textbook on the field of satellite archaeology, Satellite Remote Sensing for Archaeology, and has published numerous peer reviewed scientific papers. She is regularly invited to give papers at national and international conferences and symposia. She is also interviewed regularly for national print media (Science, Nature, National Geographic, CNN, BBC). Her research has been featured in two major international BBC-Discovery Chanel Documentaries, "Egypt: What Lies Beneath” and "Rome's Lost Empire." Sarah has worked with NASA and the US State Department, and has collaborators across the globe. She has given 150 talks to a range of audiences worldwide.""

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, RedddWing said:

Non-invasive technologies such as infra-red, LiDAR, GPR, magnetrometry, soils resistivity, etc. have been in active use for a quite a number of years/decades and have proven to be valuable tools. However, to be affirmed, the non-invasive technologies still need to be ground-truthed.

The actual ground-truthing can involved numerous and sometimes essentially insurmountable obstacles such as international politics, complex permitting practices, research team security, logistics, serious financial expenditures and so on.

Modern archaeological research may not be quite as simple as you would hope.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 5/1/2020 at 12:34 AM, Swede said:

Non-invasive technologies such as infra-red, LiDAR, GPR, magnetrometry, soils resistivity, etc. have been in active use for a quite a number of years/decades and have proven to be valuable tools. However, to be affirmed, the non-invasive technologies still need to be ground-truthed.

The actual ground-truthing can involved numerous and sometimes essentially insurmountable obstacles  ...

Modern archaeological research may not be quite as simple as you would hope.

There have also been some problems with the way in which the results have been presented.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Windowpane said:

There have also been some problems with the way in which the results have been presented.

Indeed. Am also more than a bit skeptical of the purported claim of being able to document a "nickel" 30 ft.below surface.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Swede said:

Indeed. Am also more than a bit skeptical of the purported claim of being able to document a "nickel" 30 ft.below surface.

I'd prefer a lesser technology restricted to coins the size of a quarter or better yet a Spanish Dubloon...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

I've found these 3 all close to each other in the African desert. It appears the sand blew off of them, uncovering them. They are all close to each other and the closest town is 450 NM away.

They appear to have long roads too that disappear into the sand.

Site 1

31 39 48 N

09 04 04 E

Site 1.jpg

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

Site 4

32 04 03 N

09 03 57 E

There is a little building area just south of these main ruins about 3 picture height distance, and to the left of that single building about a picture width is more of the scratching's.

Site 4.jpg

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 9:20 AM, RedddWing said:

My dad was a geologist.  Back in the 90's he was using satellite imagery to track the course of Permian and Triassic rivers  long buried by Jurassic and Cretaceous sediments in Texas.  In those days, resolution was pickup truck size, not nearly as good as we have today.  It is so great that the field has progressed so far.  Thanks RedddWing.

• Like 2