Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New water park opens in the Gaza

Erikl

Gaza is the most destitute place on earth, and the people there live in abject poverty and despair. That is why humanitarian aid flotillas regularly try to break the heinous Israeli blockade of the Hamas-ruled territory.

At least, that's what the international media wants its viewers to believe. Stories of suffering sell more newspapers and advertising slots, after all.

But once again, the truth that Gaza is no better or worse off than anywhere else in the Middle East has been revealed in a series of photographs showing local residents enjoying the opening of a new water amusement park.

New water park opens in the Gaza

ISRAEL TODAY

JERUSALEM - Gaza is the most destitute place on earth, and the people there live in abject poverty and despair. That is why humanitarian aid flotillas regularly try to break the heinous Israeli blockade of the Hamas-ruled territory.

At least, that’s what the international media wants its viewers to believe. Stories of suffering sell more newspapers and advertising slots, after all.

But once again, the truth that Gaza is no better or worse off than anywhere else in the Middle East has been revealed in a series of photographs showing local residents enjoying the opening of a new water amusement park.

The park, which features massive water slides, rides for children and luscious green lawns is located in the southern Gaza town of Khan Younis, which is often referred to by mainstream media outlets as a “refugee camp.”

Nor is the Khan Younis water park the only one of its kind in Gaza. In September of last year, Israel Today reported on the popular and luxurious “Crazy Water Park” in Gaza City after it became the target of Hamas fanatics intent on maintaining image of Gaza as a place of squalor.

Also last year, Gaza City became home to a new luxury shopping mall that rivals those in Tel Aviv.

With such amenities popping up in a region that purportedly has less than nothing, a few rare foreign journalists started to notice that something was amiss, and to report the truth.

Last summer, a prominent Washington Post reporter revealed that grocery stores in Gaza are “stocked wall-too-wall with everything from fresh Israeli yogurts and hummus to Cocoa Puffs smuggled in from Egypt. Pharmacies look as well-supplied as a typical Rite Aid in the United States.”

That despite the fact that Gaza continues to receive enormous amounts of humanitarian aid, enough to nearly feed and care for the entire population for free.

Even Arab journalists began to expose the Gaza lie, such as when Egyptian reporter Ashraf Al-Houl wrote that “the sight of merchandise and luxuries filling Gaza shops amazed me.”

Al-Houl went on to note that “a sense of absolute prosperity prevails, as manifested by the grand resorts along and near Gaza’s coast.”

Article courtesy Israel Today Magazine.

SOURCE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Erikl

• Malaria_Kidd

• odas

• MichaelW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shhh! Don't post this! The Gazans are supposed to be starving!

Shhh! Don't post this! The Gazans are supposed to be starving!

i thought isreal had cut their water supply off,.

Erikl,

A year or so back lots of pictures were released of the bountiful veggies/fruits/meats and other worldly goods markets available for those folks. Israel was credited for giving free food by the truck loads. A water park is a good idea for donated money well spent. Nor water park will probably expand like Six Flags parks have in the USA. B)

Hillery still carries our check book in her purse! ^_^

;) Last summer, a prominent Washington Post reporter revealed that grocery stores in Gaza are “stocked wall-too-wall with everything from fresh Israeli yogurts and hummus to Cocoa Puffs smuggled in from Egypt. Pharmacies look as well-supplied as a typical Rite Aid in the United States.”

That despite the fact that Gaza continues to receive enormous amounts of humanitarian aid, enough to nearly feed and care for the entire population for free.

Even Arab journalists began to expose the Gaza lie, such as when Egyptian reporter Ashraf Al-Houl wrote that “the sight of merchandise and luxuries filling Gaza shops amazed me.”

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

Erikl,

A year or so back lots of pictures were released of the bountiful veggies/fruits/meats and other worldly goods markets available for those folks. Israel was credited for giving free food by the truck loads. A water park is a good idea for donated money well spent. Nor water park will probably expand like Six Flags parks have in the USA. B)

Hillery still carries our check book in her purse! ^_^

;) Last summer, a prominent Washington Post reporter revealed that grocery stores in Gaza are “stocked wall-too-wall with everything from fresh Israeli yogurts and hummus to Cocoa Puffs smuggled in from Egypt. Pharmacies look as well-supplied as a typical Rite Aid in the United States.”

i would rather have them spend the money on a water park than on weapons.

This is the real Gaza.

Thanks for that eye opener and we wish them the best attracting vacationers! How come CNN or the BBC lacks covering the good life in Gaza? :huh: Hillery was right mentioning Al Jazeera being a better news service. It's one news source that's not riddled with Hollywood stuff and commercials.

In a few weeks this nice water park maybe news on CNN.

danielost,

I agree with that idea.

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

:lol: Gotta love this Israeli propaganda. So 1.5 million souls have ONE water park. And a really crap looking one at that.

Reminds me of the old supermarket pic from last year. A supermarket that sold only really expensive items that the majority could not afford (most get items from the tunnels) but it was waved by Israel to show there is 'no humanitarian crisis' in Gaza. 50% of the people in Gaza are unemployed, the majority of children are anemic, the infrastructure still has not been fixed since the Gaza slaughter (no cement allowed), 90% of the water in Gaza is contaminated by pollutants, etc, ect, ect.

Jesus, read a ****ing human rights report.

Considering that this policy is designed to starve and force the population of Gaza to renmounce Hamas while also to splitting the West Bank from Gaza politically (a terrorist act, by definition), I would think that the Israeli govt would be a bit disappointed with themselves if Gaza really was like paradise.

So, I'm guessing that the picture thread I posted is "Israeli propoganda" as well?

Yes, just one water park and we can include the nice Mediterranean beaches. The Bedouins are operating the black market tunnels profiting off their own kin. That's according to a topic posted here in Middle East.

Hillery makes sure the 50% that are jobless has plenty of spending money. Our US mints are printing dollars on Sunday to make her checks good. :blush: The men viewing the new park have not missed many meals in the past.

Michael W's pictures tell a story you won't see on CNN, and in airing way too many commercials CNN apparently has no time to pass through the refugee camps. :huh:

Michael W's pictures tell a story you won't see on CNN, and in airing way too many commercials CNN apparently has no time to pass through the refugee camps. :huh:

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

Wait ex, so they have one water park, supermarkets etc., life expectancy there is 71 (more than certain places in Scotland) and literacy is more than 90% (more than Egypt) - but it's still the worst place in the world, under brutal occupation and apartheid, oppression etc., even though no Gaza has seen any Israeli soldier (except for the Gaza War of 2009) since 2005. And to add to that - the population there steadily grows. We Israelis must be the worst human rights violators - worst meaning very bad at violating human rights :lol: .

If Israel's prime intention was to starve or isolate Gaza, then they're doing a pretty bad job of doing it.

Wait ex, so they have one water park, supermarkets etc., life expectancy there is 71 (more than certain places in Scotland) and literacy is more than 90% (more than Egypt) - but it's still the worst place in the world, under brutal occupation and apartheid, oppression etc., even though no Gaza has seen any Israeli soldier (except for the Gaza War of 2009) since 2005. And to add to that - the population there steadily grows. We Israelis must be the worst human rights violators - worst meaning very bad at violating human rights :lol: .

wait i thought you isrealies were attempting genecide, how can the population be growing.

Dude, that looks like hellish fun! If I'm ever in Gaza, I'll be there. (Depending on the season, of course.)

Gaza is the most destitute place on earth, and the people there live in abject poverty and despair. That is why humanitarian aid flotillas regularly try to break the heinous Israeli blockade of the Hamas-ruled territory.

At least, that's what the international media wants its viewers to believe. Stories of suffering sell more newspapers and advertising slots, after all.

So are you trying to tell us that Hamas aren't a bunch of criminals and terrorists like the Israeli media likes us to believe?

Al-Houl went on to note that "a sense of absolute prosperity prevails, as manifested by the grand resorts along and near Gaza's coast."

Article courtesy Israel Today Magazine.

SOURCE

A sense of absolute prosperity prevails!!! :rofl::lol:

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil

This is the real Gaza.

The pictures dates are 2006 we have now 2011.

Sarajevo in March 1992 looked quiet nice and modern. Sarajevo in May 1992 was destroyed buildings and dead people all over the city.

The pictures dates are 2006 we have now 2011.

Sarajevo in March 1992 looked quiet nice and modern. Sarajevo in May 1992 was destroyed buildings and dead people all over the city.

To say the truth, most of Gaza looks nothing like the last time Genghis Khan's barbarians stormed it in 2009, many parts are rebuilt.

Two years is a long time in an area of wanton destruction (where we have to attribute that to both sides).

Today it looks more like this and it is from your own link Michael W. Don't you check the facts before you post something?

post-26495-0-18625200-1308238535_thumb.j

post-26495-0-79163500-1308238545_thumb.j

For the other readers - odas is only referring to the link Michael gave. The original pictures you see here are from 2011.

For the other readers - odas is only referring to the link Michael gave. The original pictures you see here are from 2011.

I have not claimed otherwise. As for the waterpark, well, this makes hamas actualy look good. According to the pictures it proves they care about their citizens, keep the place clean....... wouldn't you agree?

Good for the people of Gaza...though if I was starving like so many people say is wide spread in Gaza I'd be super p***ed if my government decided to spend money on a water park than say feeding me.

I have not claimed otherwise. As for the waterpark, well, this makes hamas actualy look good. According to the pictures it proves they care about their citizens, keep the place clean....... wouldn't you agree?

The Nazis also took care of their people... but instead of glorifying hateful terrorists, how about admitting for a change that it also kind of makes the entire criticism against Israel genociding and oppressing the Palestinians a whole lot differently :P.