Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New water park opens in the Gaza

Erikl

All of the males are wearing their shirts while swimming.

Is that normal over there ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Erikl

• Malaria_Kidd

• danielost

• MichaelW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Nazis also took care of their people... but instead of glorifying hateful terrorists, how about admitting for a change that it also kind of makes the entire criticism against Israel genociding and oppressing the Palestinians a whole lot differently :P.

Oy, only post twentyfive and we already have the Nazis?

You can't be that meschugge Simpel.

Edited by questionmark

For the other readers - odas is only referring to the link Michael gave. The original pictures you see here are from 2011.

That "Crazy Water Park" no longer exists..... check your link OP... the article links to this article http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=21902 and is dated Sept. of 2010... The park no longer exists. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Water_Park

It seems the OP was tricked by his own link which is propaganda.

Edited by acidhead

All of the males are wearing their shirts while swimming.

Is that normal over there ?

it may be religious or it may be to protect themselves from a desert sun.

Edited by danielost

That "Crazy Water Park" no longer exists..... check your link OP... the article links to this article http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=21902 and is dated Sept. of 2010... The park no longer exists. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Water_Park

it seems that your post is a little mis leading as to who fire bombed it.

A mob of masked Palestinian gunmen stormed Gaza City’s “Crazy Water Park” during the predawn hours on Sunday and caused widespread damage to the popular attraction.

The owner of the park told the German news agency DPA that about 40 unidentified gunman entered the park, tied up and beat the two security guards, destroyed various items and set fire to at least three buildings.

This is not the crazy water park. This is a new water park which was just opened last few days.

As for

Oy, only post twentyfive and we already have the Nazis?

I'm sorry but an organization that dedicates a great deal of it's manifesto into how Jews are evil, responsible for every historical mayhem around the world, control everything, and puts it as a religious goal to kill them, is in my account deserve the name "Nazis". The equation is relevant because back in the 1930s many people claimed that Hitler and his gang were good for Germany, just as odas now tries to show that Hamas "actually look good. According to the pictures it proves they care about their citizens, keep the place clean".

No. It doesn't look good. And never will. It's core ideology is against anything progressive or moral in our world.

This is not the crazy water park. This is a new water park which was just opened last few days.

As for

I'm sorry but an organization that dedicates a great deal of it's manifesto into how Jews are evil, responsible for every historical mayhem around the world, control everything, and puts it as a religious goal to kill them, is in my account deserve the name "Nazis". The equation is relevant because back in the 1930s many people claimed that Hitler and his gang were good for Germany, just as odas now tries to show that Hamas "actually look good. According to the pictures it proves they care about their citizens, keep the place clean".

No. It doesn't look good. And never will. It's core ideology is against anything progressive or moral in our world.

HUh?????? so why post an old link? i think u confused people.

The OP is correct. The article is about the new Khan Younis water park. I misread the article.

The comparisons of water parks did not fit nor did the pics fit. Besides CNN has not been there yet to cover the new park. Wait a few weeks for that, but Al Jazeera news service may cover it sooner. :yes:

Let's hope the kids get to keep their new water park! :tu:

So the OP says this,

But once again, the truth that Gaza is no better or worse off than anywhere else in the Middle East has been revealed in a series of photographs showing local residents enjoying the opening of a new water amusement park.

and then in the last post we have this,

How can you believe they have a core ideology against anything progressive but then open up a thread showing everybody it's nor better nor worse than other places, with links of photos showing progressive development? :blink:

I can smell a propaganda conspiracy somewhere.

The pictures dates are 2006 we have now 2011.

Sarajevo in March 1992 looked quiet nice and modern. Sarajevo in May 1992 was destroyed buildings and dead people all over the city.

Sarajevo has been rebuilt. Gaza has been rebuilt. Quoting two pictures out of twelve pages and hundreds of photos does not prove anything. It merely shows that you are grasping at straws for an invalid argument.

I suggest you find something better to argue about.

Can people stop equating the Yugoslav conflict to the Israeli-Palestinian one? it's not the same, and as very little parallels.

It seems to be a trend every few years to equate Israel to something sinister. Once it was Nazi Germany. One guy here few years ago equated it to the Pol Pot regime. Then there are the usual pro-Apartheid parallelists, and the usual N. Ireland vs. UK equators. Now this guy with the Yugoslav parallel. Why won't we just call it the Israeli Palestinian conflict and relate to the elements of this conflict. continue to do so only makes people like me on the opposite political scale to you to use the same provocative parallelism.

Sarajevo has been rebuilt. Gaza has been rebuilt. Quoting two pictures out of twelve pages and hundreds of photos does not prove anything. It merely shows that you are grasping at straws for an invalid argument.

I suggest you find something better to argue about.

I am not arguing and I realy hope that there are more waterparks all over Gaza, Israeal, Palestine and that the only guns in their hands would be water guns. But, even Erikl distanced himself from your post of pictures. Those pictures are clearly old pictures before the bombing. As I said before, IF Hamas ( which I consider a terrorist group ) was able to rebuild Gaza in that short time ( Sarajevo started rebuilding in 1996 and it is still not done buddy ) then, hats up to Hamas. They, according to the pictures not according to me, seem to have a grip on infrastructure, watermains, banks....maybe they should joing the EU with their expertise to bail out Greece and the rest of it??

Can people stop equating the Yugoslav conflict to the Israeli-Palestinian one? it's not the same, and as very little parallels.

It seems to be a trend every few years to equate Israel to something sinister. Once it was Nazi Germany. One guy here few years ago equated it to the Pol Pot regime. Then there are the usual pro-Apartheid parallelists, and the usual N. Ireland vs. UK equators. Now this guy with the Yugoslav parallel. Why won't we just call it the Israeli Palestinian conflict and relate to the elements of this conflict. continue to do so only makes people like me on the opposite political scale to you to use the same provocative parallelism.

Erikl, I was using Sarajevo as an expamle how fast a City can be destroyed. I did not refer to the Yugoslav conflict to equite anything. Instead of Sarajevo I could have used any other City that was destroyed withing few days or months not to mention years of shelling.

Most of the time, however, it is you who brings up Hitler and Nazis for some reason.

Most of the time, however, it is you who brings up Hitler and Nazis for some reason.

As I said in my message:

continue to do so only makes people like me on the opposite political scale to you to use the same provocative parallelism.

Lets just put things into perspective because it's obvious that threads such as these are only intended to show false propaganda and try to make us believe that anything positive coming out of Gaza are attributable to the Israeli Govt and not to the humanitarian & health effort of Organisations such as World Vision, ICRC, Unicef, UNHCR, RI, Save the Children etc.

Despite the effort of these Organisations there are still uphill battles in front in the Occupied Territories, MOSTLY ALL caused by the Israeli Occupation and forced restrictions but also, to a minor degree, to the lack of proper leadership and organisation from the likes of Hamas and the PA.

UNICEF

Issues facing children in the Occupied Palestinian Territory

• The Occupied Palestinian Territory has been polio-free since the mid-1990s. Immunization rates are above 90 per cent for major vaccine-preventable diseases. But many families and communities still lack the knowledge and means to prevent common childhood diseases.
  • Landmines and other unexploded ordnance are an ongoing threat to children.
  • Chronic malnutrition affects nearly 10 per cent of children under age five. The situation is most acute in Gaza, where 50,000 children are malnourished. About half of children under age two are anaemic and 70 per cent have vitamin A deficiency.
  • Approximately 10 per cent of girls ages 15 to 18 are pregnant or already have a child.
  • Violence against children is a problem in homes and schools. An estimated one fifth of children have experienced violence at the hands of family members.
  • Children in nearly a third of all families experience anxiety, phobia or depression.
  • School enrolment is high, but it is starting to decline. The quality of education is also suffering because schools lack textbooks and other materials. Nearly half of all students have seen their school besieged by troops, and more than 10 per cent have witnessed the killing of a teacher in school.

Activities and results for children

• Partnering with the Ministry of Health, UNICEF has vaccinated 650,000 children against measles, mumps and rubella, and provided supplemental polio inoculations for 88,000 children.
  • UNICEF delivered emergency health and obstetric kits to 1.2 million people and trained health-care personnel to provide quality medical services.
  • Six thousand families received water kits to help prevents outbreaks of diarrhoeal diseases.
  • To combat malnutrition, UNICEF and its partners raised awareness of the importance of breastfeeding and advocated for flour fortification and salt iodization.
  • UNICEF and its partners provided educational materials for 90,000 students. More than 900 school-in-a-box kits allowed 70,000 children to continue their education even when barricades prevented them from reaching their primary schools.
  • More than 50,000 children received psychosocial counselling that will help them cope with violence. Nearly 25,000 caregivers were trained to treat distressed children.
  • UNICEF and its partners provided mine-risk education to 20,000 children.

ICRC

In Gaza, despite the easing of the closure and the partial lifting of export bans in the wake of the flotilla incident, continued restrictions on the movement of people and difficulties in importing building materials hampered sustainable economic recovery and dashed any hope of leading a normal and dignified life. According to the World Bank 2010 data, the unemployment rate remained stubbornly high at 39 per cent.

The ICRC monitored the supply and stocks of essential drugs and disposables with the aim of ensuring that hospitals could provide an acceptable level of patient care. However, insufficient cooperation between the health ministries in Ramallah and Gaza combined with fuel shortages brought patient care to the brink of crisis on several occasions, in particular when haemodialysis fluid ran short. Meanwhile, Israelis in the south of the country continued to live in fear of rocket attacks launched from the Gaza Strip.

In the West Bank, stringent restrictions on construction and movement continued to hamper development, adversely affecting livelihoods and making life difficult for Palestinians living close to settlements, which are illegal under IHL.

In the West Bank, the ICRC endeavoured to help thousands of people whose lives have been disrupted by settlements and the West Bank barrier to maintain and enhance access to their lands. The ICRC upgraded two irrigation systems, one of which involved pipes crossing the West Bank barrier, and set up a third irrigation system for needy communities. In the south of Hebron District, in cooperation with the agriculture ministry, the ICRC supported a livestock vaccination campaign for herding communities similarly affected by restricted access to land.

World Vision

JERUSALEM-WESTBANK-GAZA - Almost a week after the opening of the Rafah-Egyptian border crossing, Gazans continue to celebrate the long-awaited opportunity to leave the confines of the blockaded Gaza Strip, where approximately 80% of the population is dependant on humanitarian aid.

DONT BE FOOLED. The Israeli Govt has done NOTHING to assist Palestinians.

Don't be fooled is correct. No matter where the money comes from. Their leaders never gave up on having a water park for the kids. After their first one was torched they built another one.

And the report in this link hangs over their collective plight like a dark shadow. The Palestinians should have their own country as they wait for an endless rescue. On Friday the Grand Mufti of Lebanon just put them down in a rant. We wish them a country soon.

http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaster/Reading/Total/hitler.mufti.htm

• 4 weeks later...

It was not my intentions to put a STOP sign out here...

Most of the peace loving world hopes peace will endure and Palestine will become a nation state. The stumbling blocks for those chances are explained here today...

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/07/the-palestinians-31-opportunities-for-statehood-squandered-in-favor-of-genocide.html

I guess we can always hope.... :unsure:

Erikl,

How are things going at Gaza's newest water park? So far, so good?; as we say in the States. B)

Edited by Malaria_Kidd