Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Ghost Adventures Real of Fake?

stevemagegod

I also notice theres a christian solution... subliminal messaging?

Yeah, there is rarely any Norse Ásatrú involved is it? :)

"OMG..I got scratched..its the Fenris Wolf, I tell ya"

"Quiet, did you hear that bang, it must have been Thor´s Hammer, without a doubt"

"Call a Druid, this house needs a blood sacrifice"

Its a little less of those comments I've noticed. ;)

• Like 1

there's a christian solution because _he's_ christian. just like how on paranormal state there's a catholic solution. because Ryan is catholic. and in some cases they's done pagan rituals because Elfie is pagan. the solution people mention will always be based on their faith. which is why you don't see athiests looking for ghosts. because an athiest solution is always going to be that there is nothing ever there.

which is why you don't see athiests looking for ghosts. because an athiest solution is always going to be that there is nothing ever there.

There are plenty of Atheists who hunt for ghosts. I find it a refreshing way to do searching, as you don't have to base your understanding off of old religious texts that you are forced to believe. Think you're confusing Atheists with rational thinkers, in terms of their views on the paranormal area of ghosts, which isn't such a bad correlation if you ask me.

Edited by Jerry Only

i hate this show. I really hate the main guy. Every time he speaks i want to pull my hair out. Every time he attempts to draw out a spirit with his stupid questions in that stupid voice i freaking get a headache. Why does he always start yelling, " Do you hear that "... uh no because you wont shut the blank up. How is anyone supposed to hear with you yelling. I only watch this show because my daughter likes it. Dude needs to drop the steroids and maybe he wouldn't be such a spaz.

there's a christian solution because _he's_ christian. just like how on paranormal state there's a catholic solution. because Ryan is catholic. and in some cases they's done pagan rituals because Elfie is pagan. the solution people mention will always be based on their faith. which is why you don't see athiests looking for ghosts. because an athiest solution is always going to be that there is nothing ever there.

really?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181521&st=0

Although I consider myself more agnostic.....

You are wrong though, I know there are plenty of " atheists" that would love to go out with those people on those shows, and make money being frauds.....But again, a atheist would not have to worry about sinning.

• Like 1

i've never seen an athiest seriously looking for ghosts. ever. the only time i've ever seen anything even similar is mockery. "oh well i TOLD you i wouldn't find anything now don't you feel stupid for believing in this stuff?" i wasn't strictly talking tv either because there are a lot of people who look for ghosts off camera and don't make a penny.

real or fake the views expressed in the show are the ones the people in it believe. you can't expect a christian to say it was a god or goddess from a pantheon anymore than you can expect an athiest to say it was anything other than mas hysteria or in the brain.

and you spasifficaly if you want to go by christian views of demons you're better off looking for angels. because assuming for a moment that demons are real in the christian context, they wouldn't come to you because they don't want you to believe and you seeing them with absolute proof would change your mind. they would want you to believe there is nothing at all.

but you have to believe there is something there to be agnostic. it seems like you don't believe in anything.

but you have to believe there is something there to be agnostic. it seems like you don't believe in anything.

I believe chocolate milk is the most refreshing thing anyone can have in the morning....

I believe a dogs unconditional love is the best thing in the world, and it is sad humans can not have that kind of love.....

I believe demons / ghosts do not exist, other than as scare tactics, and over active imaginations....

As for religion, I lean towards Buddhism more than anything, but as said, I am agnostic.... I have a hard time thinking we are here just to pay bills, complain, and die......So, I am not a atheist.

The great thing about where I stand, I have and still do study and read all sorts of religions and belief systems.I am not brainwashed into just one......Actually nice to be on the outside looking in.

Anyway, back on topic......I all ready posted 2 videos on GA showing the fakery.......

Personally, I've seen pretty much every episode of GA that's out there, just because I think it's hilarious and my friends and I like to laugh it. BUt I will say that I think power of suggestion strongly comes into play in their investigations. Often, when they play an EVP with their "inhanced audio" I can't pick out a single thing UNTIL they caption it, then it's kind of an Oh! There it is moment. But I think that's only because we're being told what to look for. If they didn't have the captions I could never pick anything out. Same thing with the pictures ( Or almost all ghost pictures people take for that matter.) I never see the face or whatever until someone draws a circle around it or something. But then again humans are pretty much designed to pick faces out of just a jumble of shapes..

That being said I do enjoy watching it, if not just to be mean about it haha. There have been a couple instances where I really have thought that something they showed could actually be ligitimate. I don't think they're faking becaseu the "evidence" just isn't good enough. If you're going to fake might as well do a good job.

i've never seen an athiest seriously looking for ghosts. ever.

You need to look around at some investigation teams then. You will find many atheists among them. Just as you will find vegetarians, bald people, muscle car owners, hippies, business men, etc.

My point being, the paranormal is not automatically linked to religion. Television sometimes leads you to believe otherwise.

Edited by Jerry Only

IMO, they do both.. but either way, I'm watching it for entertainment.

i've never seen an athiest seriously looking for ghosts. ever. the only time i've ever seen anything even similar is mockery. "oh well i TOLD you i wouldn't find anything now don't you feel stupid for believing in this stuff?" i wasn't strictly talking tv either because there are a lot of people who look for ghosts off camera and don't make a penny.

real or fake the views expressed in the show are the ones the people in it believe. you can't expect a christian to say it was a god or goddess from a pantheon anymore than you can expect an athiest to say it was anything other than mas hysteria or in the brain.

and you spasifficaly if you want to go by christian views of demons you're better off looking for angels. because assuming for a moment that demons are real in the christian context, they wouldn't come to you because they don't want you to believe and you seeing them with absolute proof would change your mind. they would want you to believe there is nothing at all.

I have an Atheist on our paranormal team. He's atheist because he believes there is a scientific reason behind the paranormal and doesn't believe in religion and so forth.

• 1 month later...

I watched GA for the first time last night,

I am amazed that a show of this low quality even makes it on to a cable channel.

As for the people that believe this stupidity...get a life, and an education.

The reason why i think they are real is 2 things. One Zak Bagans even claims he was a skeptic but he had a experience in his old apartments which caused him to start investigating to see if there is Ghosts out there.

I could've had an experience in my old apartment, gotten interesteed in paranormal, then proceeded to get my own show and sensationalize and act to keep my show popular and make money.

And seeing as how he was selling his first documentary investigation right out the gate, after ghost hunting TV shows had already been popular for a good while, I also question whether he is really telling the truth about whether or not he was really doing this for love of finding answers about ghosts, or out to seek fame and fortune.

Edited by Jerry Only

To be honest, many programs need good ratings to carry on being shown.

I think some things are exaggerated, simply to entertain viewers.

Some things are prob just made up.

But thats just my opinion.

They're supposedly real, I also believe Zack needs to do something with his hair, I am not sure its real (ha!) I wish they would stop their screaming after provoking. I quit watching it because of the dramatics.

If it's on tv, it's fake, IMO. Unless it's The Walking Dead. That's real.

• Like 2

ok so why does it seem everyone is a skeptic? did it ever occur to any of you that they investigate a lot more places than they actually show and only air the ones they have captured evidence in? and to say something about another persons post they dont exactly get scarred they get excited when something happens. and its not only zac getting possesed and called out its the others as well. there are some things im a little weary about believing in the show but other things are simply impossible not to believe. some of the things they get cannot be faked.

Is GA real or fake? I think that like most spooky shows, it kind of depends on what parts..

Is it a real show? Yes. It's not a viral Youtube show, it's a real production made by a real TV affiliate.

Do they go to real places instead of using studio sets? Yes

Do those places really have spooky stories told about them? Yes

Then it starts going downhill from there IMO..

Do they really capture evidence of ghosts? Maybe, maybe not. Kind of hard to tell with all the editing and wandering around chatting and freaking themselves out.

Do they use real ghost hunting equipment? Maybe, maybe not. They use a whole handful of fun tec stuff that often is stated as a tool for ghost hunting, but that does not necessarily mean that it really records evidence of ghosts.. Or even is being properly used.

Is the show more for entertainment rather than science? Yeah, probably- entertainment gets you ratings and continued broadcast, science is often boring and gets the show canceled.

Do they act, or do they react? I think a bit of both, sometimes they are just acting for the cameras, sometimes I think they are truly taken by surprise.

• Like 1

ok so why does it seem everyone is a skeptic? did it ever occur to any of you that they investigate a lot more places than they actually show and only air the ones they have captured evidence in? and to say something about another persons post they dont exactly get scarred they get excited when something happens. and its not only zac getting possesed and called out its the others as well. there are some things im a little weary about believing in the show but other things are simply impossible not to believe. some of the things they get cannot be faked.

I'm guessing everyone is a skeptic because

1. Shows like this are known for being commonly staged and faked.

2. The people in the show act very over the top and ridiculous basically the entire time.

3. Most importantly, it's TV entertainment programming.

I didn't used to be a skeptic of these shows, but now it is impossible for me to not be. I wish I could go back and believe in them again. Would be a lot more fun.

edit - And everything anyone has captured in all of these ghost hunting shows can be faked. List one thing you think can't be faked, and you will get responses here from people telling you how it can be.

Edited by Jerry Only
  • Like 1

Name one.......

• Like 1

These programs are fake, because if we really were exposed to an hour of ghost hunting presented in all its dull glorious honesty, audiences would be falling asleep and tuning out by the masses.

So they have to script it to keep the viewing audiences interested.

• Like 1

The main problem that i have with both Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters is the dramatic music that smothers you trying to build tension, it distorts the sounds they are trying to say is paranormal and makes it seem faker (i have little doubt that some evidence is manufactured, just as i hav e little doubt that some of it is real)

That said i love both shows for different reasons, i prefer the way TAPS set up and reveal, but i prefer the GA way of investigating as the TAPS one seems to be too many people per location at time esp at smaller areas, a combination of the 2 would be awesome