Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Ghost Adventures Real of Fake?

stevemagegod

I think it's genuine for the most part. The nice thing about 'the three stooges' as we refer to them is that they are ...how shall I put this delicately...very simple folk. As such, they aren't capable of sophisitcated lying necessary to pull of hoaxes week after week. If any funny business was going on, it would likely be the staff tricking them and getting genuine reactions from them. Though some of the stuff they've caught is impressive and candid.

I think they're great chaps all in all. What is it with Nick and the spirits always saying "hate Nick!"? He's the level-headed one.

Or they are just hoaxers selling their showbiz sensationalist wares for viewer ratings.

I often wonder about EVPs captured on this program and GH, that they simply arent a team member or an anonymous crew member whispering very low off camera. Likewise with the banging and footsteps we hear off camera and simply repositions themselves or hides before the camera crew enters the room.

I think it's genuine for the most part. The nice thing about 'the three stooges' as we refer to them is that they are ...how shall I put this delicately...very simple folk.

You know they're acting, right?

Antilles,

Thank you for putting a big smile on my face.

I wouldn't call the emails urgent, but I would like an answer.

This can't be the first time that this particular question has been asked,

We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks again for the sarcasm; you hit a funny bone and made me laugh.

Ron

You're welcome. You should let us know if they ever reply..... :santa:

"You know they're acting, right?"

Nowadays I'm sure their production managers are up to all sorts of staging. But in their earlier days they were candid boys trying to land a TV show with their passion. They aren't clever enough to pull off a ruse. I've seen them try a few times, so it makes their genuine reactions stand out. The footage and devices are what I pay more attention to. But the boys are great in that the are truly like the old stooges, Larry being Nick, Moe being Zack and Curly being Aaron, personality-wise. They really give the impression of Jr. High boys daring each other to go into the cemetary on Saturday night. I think it's a bit of refreshing nostalgia.

Their choice of helpers in reviewing their footage leaves a lot to be desired. One woman with very long fingernails anorexia and heavy eyeliner comes to mind. I don't think choosing a woman who so obviously dresses like her previous trade was in prostitution is such a wise choice for a family show. She's downright frightening to look at. Not a soul could take her "expert" opinions seriously.

Nowadays I'm sure their production managers are up to all sorts of staging. But in their earlier days they were candid boys trying to land a TV show with their passion. They aren't clever enough to pull off a ruse. I've seen them try a few times, so it makes their genuine reactions stand out. The footage and devices are what I pay more attention to. But the boys are great in that the are truly like the old stooges, Larry being Nick, Moe being Zack and Curly being Aaron, personality-wise. They really give the impression of Jr. High boys daring each other to go into the cemetary on Saturday night. I think it's a bit of refreshing nostalgia.

Their choice of helpers in reviewing their footage leaves a lot to be desired. One woman with very long fingernails anorexia and heavy eyeliner comes to mind. I don't think choosing a woman who so obviously dresses like her previous trade was in prostitution is such a wise choice for a family show. She's downright frightening to look at. Not a soul could take her "expert" opinions seriously.

You're thinking of Debbie Constantino, I believe:

http://www.spirits-speak.com/

They are over dramatic. And the subtitles for the evp's Add alot of suggestion to the audomatrixing. The other thing I heard is zack is a germaphobe. How can he go to alot of these places?

I often think how I would react in their shoes. i worked at a haunted house once painting. Stuff flew around. Lights went on and off. Freezing cold spots. Doors slamming and windows banging. A large beam once flew out from under it's supports on the front porch six feet through the air and landed between a friend and me while we talked in the front yard. We were talking about the ghost there actually and were laughing about how he hated horses of all things. Apparently he didn't like being the butt of our jokes.

It's just that when you go into a haunted house, especially a very active one where objects are flying around and people are getting pushed down stairs, etc., it takes a lot of guts. It's like running a gauntlet where your attackers are invisible and subject to whim. There was one room where the ghost hid out while I was painting inside that house. Once I had to go into it to get another can of paint the owner had left in there. The atmosphere felt like I was walking into thick oppressive jello, like a forcefield pushing back on me as I walked forward. There was a clear air of hostility. I think if I was Nick, Zack or Aaron, I'd freak out if I rounded a corner and someone invisible whispered "get out!" in my ear.

I often think how I would react in their shoes. i worked at a haunted house once painting. Stuff flew around. Lights went on and off. Freezing cold spots. Doors slamming and windows banging. A large beam once flew out from under it's supports on the front porch six feet through the air and landed between a friend and me while we talked in the front yard. We were talking about the ghost there actually and were laughing about how he hated horses of all things. Apparently he didn't like being the butt of our jokes.

It's just that when you go into a haunted house, especially a very active one where objects are flying around and people are getting pushed down stairs, etc., it takes a lot of guts. It's like running a gauntlet where your attackers are invisible and subject to whim. There was one room where the ghost hid out while I was painting inside that house. Once I had to go into it to get another can of paint the owner had left in there. The atmosphere felt like I was walking into thick oppressive jello, like a forcefield pushing back on me as I walked forward. There was a clear air of hostility. I think if I was Nick, Zack or Aaron, I'd freak out if I rounded a corner and someone invisible whispered "get out!" in my ear.

After reading your story, I thought you might be a good person to ask.

There are so many claims, like yours, and even ones with " more activity "....

Why do you think not one legitimate ( University, News agency, etc. ) place or people have any shred of evidence at all to support this? ( other then Psychological answers )

This is what I do not get. It would only take one of these " highly active " places, and just a few phone calls to get that done.

I have personally gone to quite a few " very active " places in my time, and never witnessed anything that was claimed.

So, why do you think there is no evidence to support any of this?....Only stories on TV, internet, and in books.?

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Why do you think not one legitimate ( University, News agency, etc. ) place or people have any shred of evidence at all to support this?

There is evidence in spades. And we know that universities and news agencies have reputations to guard. They are always the last ones on board when it comes to evidence displayed proving "stigma" type areas of exploration like what's been documented in film, vioce recordings and still shots. Also multiple credible witnesses. The halls of acedemia hold members so often deeply steeped in scepticism and silverback-impressing social ladders that they're almost as dogmatic as the catholic church when it comes to their religion. This, and not lack of evidence is why you don't see "legitimate"? universities or news agencies holding out that evidence.

There is evidence in spades. And we know that universities and news agencies have reputations to guard. They are always the last ones on board when it comes to evidence displayed proving "stigma" type areas of exploration like what's been documented in film, vioce recordings and still shots. Also multiple credible witnesses. The halls of acedemia hold members so often deeply steeped in scepticism and silverback-impressing social ladders that they're almost as dogmatic as the catholic church when it comes to their religion. This, and not lack of evidence is why you don't see "legitimate"? universities or news agencies holding out that evidence.

This makes no sense...

Jeff Meldrum ( PHD, Biology profesor at Idaho State Unuversity ) is a " Bigfoot " believer, and has a huge amounts of castings at his pl;ace of work. He studies Bif, and he has speech's and such. Idaho State University is active in a Bigfoot project right now. ( Also, he has been active on this forum ).

UCLA was majorly involved as well as 2 Psychologists with a issue we all know as " The Entity ".

Duke University used to have a " parapsychology " funded School that was researching the " paranormal "......Key words, " used to "

I do not think you understood what I meant.

If I new of a place that had a lot of " activity ", and it was there " a lot ", I know it would not be hard at all to get a News agency first, and also a University or college to take a look.With strong evidence as some report, it would be pretty easy to do actually.

Sorry, your theory, or excuse is not valid with facts at all, actually quite the opposite of reality. I only listed a couple of things, I could list a lot of Universities, and Professors that have, or do look into " paranormal " situations.

Not sure where the " they have reputations to guard " came from.....

Let me try another angle.

If you ever get to work in a " haunted house " again, and have " a lot of activity ", it should be safe to say you could do this :

1. Contact a local, or a few Universities and start finding out what department to contact about possible proof of a haunting you know of. Be persistent, and explain everything you are gong to do to convince them. ( it really is not that hard, it only took me one email to get someone at a university to talk to me about Bigfoot )

2. Bring some witnesses over, a few people to let them verify.

3. Bring a video recorder, or one with each witness, to film verification.

4. Approach the local news with the witnesses, and the video, and allow them to go capture evidence also.Of course the News will go nuts over this " a lot of activity " and so will the producers.This News will fly around fast, very fast.

5. Get back with your contact at the University, let them see the evidence ( above ) you have gathered and tell them you would like them to figure out what this could be.

There is no reason at all above scenario could not happen easily at any " very haunted " location. Anyone would jump at the chance to verify any existence of another life, after life, another dimension, anything like that....Including myself.

So I ask now, why do you think nothing like this has happened?

• Like 1

Real

Zak's hair has to be a hoax though

Honestly, he can't really believe that looks good... because it doesn't. Hoax, right?

If you ever get to work in a " haunted house " again, and have " a lot of activity ", it should be safe to say you could do this :

1. Contact a local, or a few Universities and start finding out what department to contact about possible proof of a haunting you know of. Be persistent, and explain everything you are gong to do to convince them. ( it really is not that hard, it only took me one email to get someone at a university to talk to me about Bigfoot )

2. Bring some witnesses over, a few people to let them verify.

3. Bring a video recorder, or one with each witness, to film verification.

4. Approach the local news with the witnesses, and the video, and allow them to go capture evidence also.Of course the News will go nuts over this " a lot of activity " and so will the producers.This News will fly around fast, very fast.

5. Get back with your contact at the University, let them see the evidence ( above ) you have gathered and tell them you would like them to figure out what this could be.

I surely would've except the woman who hired me to do the work was the mother of the dead guy. He had recently overdosed in the bathtub. She had deep emotional scars tied to his haunting, which she freely admitted that she experienced also. And not only that, she insisted he "spoke" to her there. With all the activity I [and others, yes, there were several other witnesses], I found it hard to doubt her. This ghost was "gifted" in telekenesis for sure. Long story short she fired me from the job because she said her son told her he didn't like me. I seriously doubt in her fragile state of mind that she would welcome me having university people or news cameras traipsing all over her son's house.

I have events at my place too, but I wouldn't want the publicity either. It brings too many weirdos around and you never get peace after that.

I have events at my place too, but I wouldn't want the publicity either. It brings too many weirdos around and you never get peace after that.

Ditto. You dont know what will crawl out of the wood works after that. One may even get their 15 minutes of fame on television but the hounding will never stop.

Honestly, he can't really believe that looks good... because it doesn't. Hoax, right?

i dunno i can almost believe in the hair - it's the face protruding from it that i think is a hoax

i dunno i can almost believe in the hair - it's the face protruding from it that i think is a hoax

Hehehe!

Duke University used to have a " parapsychology " funded School that was researching the " paranormal "......Key words, " used to "

To bad you don't make any good amount of cash in Parapsychology. Otherwise i'd choose that as my major. What kind of classes did they offer when it was being held as a credible course?

To bad you don't make any good amount of cash in Parapsychology. Otherwise i'd choose that as my major. What kind of classes did they offer when it was being held as a credible course?

Who said it was credible?

The Parapsychological Association (PA) was created in Durham, North Carolina, on June 19, 1957. Its formation was proposed by J. B. Rhine at a workshop on parapsychology which was held at the Parapsychology Laboratory of Duke University.

LINK : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parapsychology

Don't tell me you are one of Zak's fangirls? The only people watching that stupid show are lonely women and 12 year old boys. Zak isn't even hot. Unless you like total tools. Move on to Criss Angel or something. He is only slightly less of a tool.

_______

That's very immature of you to say. I watch the show and I'm not a lonely woman and I don't think Zak is hot.He seems like a nice enough guy. It's fine to have your opinion, but there is no reason for anyone to bash someone else for liking this show. I'm not trying to target you, Kristy, but I'm saying in general, there is no reason. I do believe that each show fakes some things, but I found them to be far more credible than half of the other tv shows out there. Part of it probably is for ratings, but at least they try to debunk their work. (Even if it isn't that often.)

I personally enjoy the show, and I do believe that most of their work is legit. Far more legit than half the stuff on television anyway. If you guys think these guys are douchy, there are far worse worse out there.

I also think they cleaned up their act a bit. I didn't like the first two seasons because they constantly fought with each other, but now they are actually working as team. (Real or not.) I'm not a gullible person, and I hardly trust most things I see on television, but this show has a few more points of reality that most. This is just my opinion, and respect it as I would yours.

• Like 2

eitherway they seem to be running out of things to investigate, 2 episodes so far this season have been recaps of older eps rather than new investigations

• Like 1

eitherway they seem to be running out of things to investigate, 2 episodes so far this season have been recaps of older eps rather than new investigations

I agree. But ya gatta remember they probably are investigating a lot of places, but if no good evidence is captured well then it doesn't make the sure so for that week they show re caps. But i could think of a couple of places where they could investigate. The Pyramids of Egypt, The Great Sphinx, The Colosseum etc.,

As far as I'm aware, they've been to Italy and Scotland and Jamaica.

There are way more places left in the US that they could investigate but I don't think it's a case of nowhere left to go. I think it's a case of a show and a 'crew' running out of steam after what, 5 years?

Maybe they all want to go and do something different.

Like plumbing, maybe..... :sk

As far as I'm aware, they've been to Italy and Scotland and Jamaica.

There are way more places left in the US that they could investigate but I don't think it's a case of nowhere left to go. I think it's a case of a show and a 'crew' running out of steam after what, 5 years?

Maybe they all want to go and do something different.

Like plumbing, maybe..... :sk

This kind of Plumbing?

180px-Rydhxujhgfghi.png

I think it is official that Ghost Adventures have run out of places to investigate. I think this is the third episode this season of "Best Moments"