Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Ghost Adventures Real of Fake?

stevemagegod

I think it is official that Ghost Adventures have run out of places to investigate. I think this is the third episode this season of "Best Moments"

next 3 eps are also going to be recaps judging by Wikipedia (dec 21, dec 28 & jan 4th) not sure what the producers are doing but this many recaps is a bad sign

• 1 month later...

Dm08, I’m home now. I went to Travel Channnel online and after filing out a contact page, I submitted:

Dear Travel Channel, My question is regarding to the TV program “Ghost Adventures.” I’ve watched the program from the beginning and enjoy it very much. My question is about the paranormal evidence that Zak, Nick, and Aaron record. Over the years they have presented video and audio images/voices from another realm. Are these images and voices truly of ghosts, demons, spirits, etc? Or, is faked imagery and audio added during production? Bottom line: is it real evidence of ghosts, demons, spirits, etc, or is it faked? If you can’t provide an answer, can you please provide an avenue to the Ghost Adventures team so I may pose the questions directly to them? Thank you, Ron.

Assuming I get a response back, I will post it here.

I just found an Email address that goes directly to the Ghost Adventures Crew.

I sent them basically the same verbiage as above.

Did you get any responses back bro?

• 2 weeks later...

i think ghosts and evil energy is real but it's like why do they get all this activity and Ghost Hunters barely has anything shocking? is it there equipment or is it added in when they edit?

The title is enough to tell you that it's fake. There are no ghosts, therefore no Ghost Adventures.

It can be entertaining though. The participants enter a supposedly haunted building, beat their chests and dare the "ghosts" to frighten them. Something goes bump and our intrepid heroes run screaming like frightened little girls. It's fun to watch, but like all of the ghost/monster hunter shows, totally fake.

faker than old Fake McFake winner of the faker of the year award

Well, I have Zac's explanation about how he does his hair.

I've wondered about his hair for a while.

His explanation.

[media=]http://youtu.be/ucdI1QFkDnQ[/media]

This is why i love Ghost Adventures is because they have so much Energy. Compared to the Ghost Hunters Crew are just boring.

• Like 1

I like them. I don't believe any of it but I like them. They visit interesting places and I actually visited Old Town Sacramento because I watched the ep they filmed there. It's not called the Travel Channel for nothing!

Edited by Antilles
  • Like 1

Personally i think its all fake even though i do believe in ghosts!

Haha...'the shark fin so I can turn quicker' I had no idea

He would be a charismatic spokesperson for hair products

I'm female yet lucky if conditioner makes it into my shampoo only hair routine

• 2 months later...

The title is enough to tell you that it's fake. There are no ghosts, therefore no Ghost Adventures.

It can be entertaining though. The participants enter a supposedly haunted building, beat their chests and dare the "ghosts" to frighten them. Something goes bump and our intrepid heroes run screaming like frightened little girls. It's fun to watch, but like all of the ghost/monster hunter shows, totally fake.

"There are no ghosts" - wow, you say that as if you know that with absolute certainty, yet how could you possibly know that?

There are a lot of people with the opinion that the show is fake, yet no one offers any convincing proof that it is fake. During each episode, Zak, Nick and Aaron present compelling evidence gathered through the use of accepted and widely used paranormal research methods. They also use new innovative equipment (ie. the mel meter) which was developed by a grieving dad who has received countless 'after death communication' messages from his deceased daughter. You can learn more about that from watching "The Galka Family" episode.

Yes, Zak is very 'in your face' with his approach, but this is clearly how he gets results. He is antagonizing and provoking the ghosts to get a reaction and it obviously works. This is the best paranormal show I've seen on television thus far and I really admire Zak and his crew for the work they are doing. They are not only gathering proof of an afterlife, but with the wide success of their show, they are opening people's eyes to the real possibility that there is life after death. That is pretty amazing if you think about it.

With digital cameras and video so widespread now, we are seeing and capturing more and more evidence of the paranormal. Clearly these guys took it one step further and turned their research into a documentary, which later turned into a wildly successful TV show. Their work is enlightening and helps to pave the way for more research into paranormal phenomenon.

They get some amazing results because they do a lot of research and seek out the most reputable and highly active haunted places and not every show is amazing, sometimes it is just one or two things that occur. I highly recommend watching the 'Riddle house' episode to anyone in doubt - that is the one when Aaron was up in the attic and the bird cage fell down behind him- that is also the episode where the wooden block was knocked off the steps when they were all together on the main floor. The fact that they get a third party to lock just the three of them in to a house or building for the entire night is also affirming. And when they bring in outsiders to join them on the show for investigations, this is further proof that they are not 'faking' it. No one who joined them has come forward to say 'yeah, nothing happened, it's all fake, yo'

Another reason I feel that this show is authentic is that they interview several people in each episode that are witness to the ghosts. People who work or live nearby who have had their own personal experiences at those locations. This is further evidence to support their research. It becomes clear that they are dealing with something many other people have encountered, so why shouldn't their equipment and provoking techniques get results? With every episode they are providing outstanding documentation of paranormal activity and until someone proves otherwise or until the show's producers admit otherwise, I have no reason to think that it is fake. Also, I am usually a pretty good judge of character, and these guys don't strike me as dishonest.

Edited by In_Spirit
  • Like 3

I really enjoy this show. And remember, at the start there is a statement saying "For entertainment purposes only" and that's what it does - entertain! They do have some interesting finds in there but it is cut so heavily you will never know if what they discover is true evidence or not. Still, I like it.

That's a legal requirement.

The question is why is it a legal requirement? Is it in case people take it for being real? Would be interesting to find out why it has to be displayed prior to the program, as other similar shows do not.

I really enjoy this show. And remember, at the start there is a statement saying "For entertainment purposes only" and that's what it does - entertain! They do have some interesting finds in there but it is cut so heavily you will never know if what they discover is true evidence or not. Still, I like it.

I am watching the show right now and have many episodes recorded on my DVR and not a single one says 'For entertainment purposes only' at the start of the show. This may be something locally required in your area, but when they air in Canada, they do not say this.

I don't think they're fake i just think they're stutid. Their "debunking" is laughable. Most of their evidence are evps that are total bull. I havnt watched in years because its so dumb. I've found many things of zach's stupidity. For example in one episode he was sitting on a bed with a recorder and claimed to get an evp. But if you watch the video the "voice" is just the sound ofhim moving around on the bed

I don't think they fake it, but the show it a little over the top at times. I get a lot of people think they are acting, I don't buy that. It's fairly obvious Zak is extremely passionate about it and really believes it. Proving ghosts exist is tough. Great show though, very entertaining.

• Like 1

like bluebomber said, i wouldn't exactly say any of it is necessarily fake, but definitely over the top, and at times i feel like the group is often reacting to things that really aren't there. it's pure entertainment, and while maybe not purposely faked, definitely exaggerated and silly.

(the only thing zak bagans is truly opening himself up to, however, is getting himself killed. he's extremely reckless and at times i can barely watch him.)

Edited by cherry!
  • Like 1

I would like to think the show Supernatural with the Winchester Brothers is real. They are hhooott.

I don't know about Ghost Adventures, but I think Paranormal State is 70% BS. For starts I HATE Ryan Buell. He's an unprofessional, self righteous, little D-bag with delusions of grandeur..

Every episode is the same. he goes into a local haunting/legend, claims it's a Demon that only he(the last Crusader) can banish, and completely over acts as he "Squares off against evil" in Gods name like he's the leading role in some crapy written haunted house movie...

At least the guy from Ghost adventures has a personality. He seems like he would be fun to hang out with. Watch football, drink beer, go beat up a ghost... lol

This is my favorite show on TV; I think the entertainment value is fantastic. However, I'm pretty skeptical about much of what they show. The birdcage incident at Riddle House looks like it could have been staged. Also, there are several spirit box "voices" they get that make me wonder, as it looks like the words are actually being spoken by the guys themselves. Again, I think it's a fantastic show, but I don't trust much of it.

In the latest episode its pretty suspicious when they heard voices apparently on that spirit communicator device they have and then it cuts to billy & the audio tech guy and you see billy removing his hand from an identical looking device to the one the crew use (a 2 way radio?)

I thinks it's fake on account of there being no such things as ghosts. Pretty straight forward really. There has never been one shred of evidence to suggest the existence if ghosts, it's all just coincidence, over active imagination and downright fabrications. There has never been a video or photo of a ghost that cannot be explained as a hoax or mistaken identity.

I would like to think the show Supernatural with the Winchester Brothers is real. They are hhooott.

Unfortunately, they are not real. However, the actors that play them are.

Unfortunately, they are not real. However, the actors that play them are.

Good enough.

@coldethyl, I have a brother in law that looks so much like dean its creepy.

@OP I don't think they intentionally fake it, more like they get something and flip the hell out. I wouldn't however doubt if the producers or whatever sneak in a few jabs at the truth like say a 2 way radio into a spirit box so they can spice up the show... But if you go by these guys' reaction, you could clearly tell they don't know what is coming and when...

• Like 1