Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disappearing objects in the house

Agate

To follow up, during the past two weeks or so, my glasses and hair brush have turned up. But get this, just as my husband and I were discussing the fact that I refused to buy a new hairbrush, doesn't he see it half-hidden on top of my dresser! Now, I'm 5'4 and I can't even see on top of my dresser let alone put something up there. I would have to have thrown it up there and I surely didn't do that. Now here's another crazy thing. I've always kept a small hairbrush in my pocketbook. My husband was getting holiday napkins out from yet again another top shelf in a small closet. He found an exact replica of the brush that I keep in my purse. So, I rush over to my purse and the original one was still there and now I have two brushes!!! I bet that made the little invisible thief crack up! So far though, I had to replace the meds that were taken, and my husband's wedding ring that hasn't shown up yet (it was replaced since it's been gone for months). But just when I thought things were calming down, I placed some homeopathic vials (that I use on a daily basis and that sit on a kitchen counter) in a drawer to conceal them during a Christmas party we had on 12/21. When my husband went to retrieve them (as I watched him) to place them back on the counter...one bottle was missing. Now I know it was there since it's the one I need to take the most and I always keep an eye on it to see if it's running out and I order more online. So today I had to order another bottle even though the other one had about another week or so of usage left. You know, I wouldn't mind the small stuff; hairbrushes, even reading glasses, but medications are just plain mean. One member said they took his rescue inhaler! Nasty, nasty entities. If this has never happened to you in this manner (not just you lost or misplaced something like we all do occasionally), please have some compassion for those of us who happen to have the misfortune of having to go through this phenomenon. It's not a senior moment, nor ADD, nor a cat or a dog. It is what it is. And if it ever happens to you (I pray it doesn't), you'll realize that, trust me. Thank you for reading this!

happens to me since i was a child, and i know where i put the items, cause its always an item that is very dear to me that goes missing

Uh, with all due respect, I don't have ADD and I don't think Agate has either. It's called Disappearing Object Phenomenon and it's considered a phenomenon because it's happened to many, many people. I know when I lose things and I didn't lose the objects I mentioned in my post. They simply vanished. Hard to accept but just one of those crazy, unexplainable things in life. So easy to blame the victim, so to speak. Not trying to be a jerk about this but I'm very upset about it since it just happened so I'm a tad defensive. :w00t:

Oh yes. You should see how I trumpt around the house in a nasty mood when this happens to me. Sometimes it's big things like a back back. Do not get in my way if my keys are missing for the third time in a week I bite. I have found that the best therapy is to sing the object to the tune of " the lion sleeps tonight". Wallet . Wallet wawa wallet wallet. ;)

My household has things going missing all the time. The best example (although there were other things) were my girlfriends socks. Even after we moved you'd think they'd show up under things or hidden away but no, they were just gone. Now in our newer place it seems to be dishes that are being stolen. We always blame "the Fae" but who knows

Well, I'm back again with another object that went missing yesterday. They were two gold aurelian magnets that I recently purchased as acupunture therapy. You use them on your ear for things like insomnia, weight loss, stopping smoking. You have to wear them for six weeks 2-3 hrs. a day. I was on my seventh day so that's the end of that! I kept them in a small suede pouch always in the same place which was on my dresser.

I'm working on the fact that maybe this phenomenon is to teach one not to get to attached to "things". I never liked anyone touching my things, not even my husband, LoL! So, I'm going to try to stay cool, keep praying, and hopefully, whatever power is allowing this to happen will get so bored by my non-reactions they'll move onto some other poor soul, though I don't wish it on my worst enemy...that would be super-bad karma. :no:

I just read a quote that said there are no accidents; everything is part of the cosmic dance. So be it. But I will be back if and when my next object goes missing. It's nice to vent even to the non-believers or those who like to poke fun :passifier: Happy New Year to all!! :clap:

Oh yes. You should see how I trumpt around the house in a nasty mood when this happens to me. Sometimes it's big things like a back back. Do not get in my way if my keys are missing for the third time in a week I bite. I have found that the best therapy is to sing the object to the tune of " the lion sleeps tonight". Wallet . Wallet wawa wallet wallet. ;)

Just the fact that your keys have gone missing three times in one week obviously means they haven't disappeared but rather, you misplaced them. And I assume you misplaced your backpack and then found it?...it wasn't taken by someone or something never to be found again. I appreciate your attempt at humor, however, it has nothing to do with this forum which deals with a true, valid phenomenon. God bless.
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I have experienced missing objects in my home, as well as other places where I lived. Objects have been disappearing in my home for the last 14 years. Some of the objects reappear at different places the apartment.

The first thing that I noticed on the second day of where I moved into my Toronto apartment in 1998, I noticed my cup where I put my toothbrush disappeared. I asked 1 of my 2 roommates if he took it, and he said "No." Then in about few days later it reappeared. Then my perfume disappeared, and then reappeared again. My pepper shaker in the kitchen disappeared, then reappeared.

Then later in the years, my bank card disappeared, my video tapes, jewellery box (but not the contents of the box), my books, my portfolio that I handed in for university admission, my quaters for laundry, my rain jacket, my boots, and now recently that was missing in June 2011 is one of my photo albums in apartment which I moved in in 2007.

The strange thing is that I once cleaned up my room to make sure I know where everything is in place. I left my wallet to make sure I won't lose it because my bank card was missing about 4 times. So I left it at home in front of my bed, and then when I came home late at night, I noticed it wasn't there. Then I said to myself that it will come back one day. I went to sleep and dreamt of a man, who looked like a spirit - a transluscent body - returned my wallet in front of my bed. I woke up the next morning and looked in front of my bed, and it was there. So I believe some bad spirit is doing this to me.

When my grandmother passed away, I found a silver ribbon pinned to my black suit jacket in my closet.

I'm upset that my photo album disappeared. I'm really sad about that.

Well, that is my take on it.

Keyhearts.

Now I feel more validated. My bank card disappeared last week as well but I chalked that up to the ATM ate it, though the bank couldn't tell me if it did or not and just replaced it. Still waiting for my new card. This just has to be some kind of lesson-teaching. I simply refuse to share my house with a nasty spirit...by the grace of God.

Ya , probably the cat. If it's not something else .. it's always the cat. You'll find your slipper, in the last place you look for it, so, just look there first.

Ya , probably the cat. If it's not something else .. it's always the cat. You'll find your slipper, in the last place you look for it, so, just look there first.

Ha ha. I love the non-believers. Don't have a cat. Have two dogs though. Oh, so two eight year old dogs must have put their heads together and somehow arranged to eliminate the items from my possession? Have looked in the "last place" for each item multiple times. Sorry, but how can you say "it's not something else" if this particular phenomenon hasn't happened to you? You'd be singing a different tune, believe me. I'm learning it's part of entity attachment and a Shamanic clearing session together with soul retrieval is the way to end it. I intend to take these measures asap. Happy New Year & God bless!

Just the fact that your keys have gone missing three times in one week obviously means they haven't disappeared but rather, you misplaced them. And I assume you misplaced your backpack and then found it?...it wasn't taken by someone or something never to be found again. I appreciate your attempt at humor, however, it has nothing to do with this forum which deals with a true, valid phenomenon. God bless.

Well no. It's not an attempt. It's the truth. Weather one finds it humorous or not is up to them. It's very frustrating so I make it humerus maybe to releve some of my own stress. Don't worry plenty of the things that have gone missing have never turned up. In some ways my house is a black hole. But I'm what is known as a fringe person ;) everything happens to me. :) :) :)

Edited by White Crane Feather

Well no. It's not an attempt. It's the truth. Weather one finds it humorous or not is up to them. It's very frustrating so I make it humerus maybe to releve some of my own stress. Don't worry plenty of the things that have gone missing have never turned up. In some ways my house is a black hole. But I'm what is known as a fringe person ;) everything happens to me. :) :) :)

White Crane, You seem like a truly lovely human being and I'm sorry if I got the impression that you were mocking me or something. I can see now that you weren't and you are suffering too. I'm not sure if this helps or not but I found an interesting website that talks about clearing spirit attachment and following up with soul retrieval work. This person is a Shaman and if it makes you feel better (it did me), he said something like 90% of the world's population is attached to entities (of all kinds) at some point in their lives and maybe several times due to trauma, addiction, etc. I'll post the website tomorrow. Going to bed now (11:20PM here) or at least to watch the ball drop w/my husband. Take care for now. You are beautiful. Happy New Year & may God bless and keep you :clap:

White Crane, You seem like a truly lovely human being and I'm sorry if I got the impression that you were mocking me or something. I can see now that you weren't and you are suffering too. I'm not sure if this helps or not but I found an interesting website that talks about clearing spirit attachment and following up with soul retrieval work. This person is a Shaman and if it makes you feel better (it did me), he said something like 90% of the world's population is attached to entities (of all kinds) at some point in their lives and maybe several times due to trauma, addiction, etc. I'll post the website tomorrow. Going to bed now (11:20PM here) or at least to watch the ball drop w/my husband. Take care for now. You are beautiful. Happy New Year & may God bless and keep you :clap:

Have a good nights sleep :D

Edited by White Crane Feather

After much research over the last couple of days, I found something relevant to perhaps eliminate this very annoying (as well as creepy) phenonmenon. I found two websites: entityattachment.com and spiritualcleansing.org which are owned by the same person(s) or so it appears.

They have a MP3 download for $35 which isn't bad considering all the info it explains to rid oneself of bad ghosts or entities. You can also purchase a CD for $45 if you don't want to download.

Just so you know, I have no vested interest in these sites and just found them for myself surfing the net.

I intend to start here b/c no matter what the problem is you have to start somewhere and hopefully, this will begin to improve the situation while alleviating the anxiety, depression and stress it causes when you're under frequent psychic attacks...such as stealing your possessions as well as creating insomnia which I now experience almost nightly.

If this helps one person, then I'm glad I posted this. We're all here to help and support each other, are we not? So having said that, please try to refrain from making comments like "You're crazy; they're no such things as entities", that site's just trying to make money, etc. Everyone has to make a living and if what their selling eliminates whatever's causing my situation, I'm more than willing to spend the money.

And I don't understand anyway how, if you don't believe in these unexplained mysteries, why are you viewing this sight in the first place? There must be another site like, "I don't believe in ghosts.com" or something like that, LoL! :tu: I'll be back after I go through this process and report my findings.

Happy New Year :clap:

Has anyone experienced an object disappearing from the house? This is going to sound ridiculous but I left my slippers in the middle of my room and one hour later one had disppeared. I have hunted high and low through the whole house and of course all but obvious places like under the bed but it just seems to have vanished into thin air. I know there is a phenomena when objects disappear and turn up again in a completely different place but a whole week has gone by and I have not found it. Any logical explanations?

It gets more frequent the older you get, trust me...

Probably b/c the older you get, the more entities you have attached to you!

Ha ha. I love the non-believers. Don't have a cat. Have two dogs though. Oh, so two eight year old dogs must have put their heads together and somehow arranged to eliminate the items from my possession? Have looked in the "last place" for each item multiple times. Sorry, but how can you say "it's not something else" if this particular phenomenon hasn't happened to you? You'd be singing a different tune, believe me. I'm learning it's part of entity attachment and a Shamanic clearing session together with soul retrieval is the way to end it. I intend to take these measures asap. Happy New Year & God bless!

I said " if it's not something else " and.. I'm open minded on beliefs. Sorry, i didn't mean to belittle your situation. Someone else mentioned Cats.. i got confused. Hope it works out good for you. Happy New Year !*

snapback.pnglightly, on 31 December 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

I said " if it's not something else " and.. I'm open minded on beliefs. Sorry, i didn't mean to belittle your situation. Someone else mentioned Cats.. i got confused. Hope it works out good for you. Happy New Year !*

snapback.pnglightly, on 31 December 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

lightly, my bad. I misinterpreted what you meant. Damn situation has me on such edge. It's scary & frustrating at the same time. Obviously, I'm at my wits end. But hope is on the way. I have a new post which explains my next move. I'm hopeful about things. I actually found something today that I was looking for for a long time. That wasn't part of the mystery objects but it gives me hope that I'm on the right track since the universe must have intervened on my behalf this time. Please accept my apologies. May you have a joyful and abundant new year! God bless, always.

• 1 year later...

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been experiencing this phenomenon quite recently. Obviously, i have been researching the entire internet to gather more info on this bizarre phenomenon. A few days ago as i was getting ready to leave in the morning and i couldn't find my wallet. I only lost my wallet once in the last 15 years so i don’t lose things. However, i couldn’t find it in any briefcase, coat, or draw. So i called and cancelled all my credit and debit cards. After i got off the phone i spot the wallet inside a briefcase that i checked four times.

A few days before this incident i couldn't find several stamps that i put in one location. After I buy a book of stamps the few stamps return the next day face up in a place that i checked thoroughly. This confirmed that i was going through the DOP experience, I live alone and no one could move these objects. What than crossed my mind was i had several other instances of things lost and than reappearing. However, these were minor things as vegetable oil, detergent, and socks.

As i was uncertain if this was a poltergeist or entity being religious i started to do the St. Michael Prayer and put holy water in all the corners of my place. The very next day i couldn’t find a flashdrive that had some important documents saved. Fortunately, i do have backup but it was a 28 GIG backup. I feel the entity has intelligence and is targeting specific items. I was about to use that flashdrive to save a document. I did an intense cleansing and feel more confident that this experience should end.

I will let you know if that flashdrive comes back. I had trouble sleeping a couple days ago and have gathered important items near my bedroom which i feel the most safest. Most people had strange experiences as Deja-vu, but this is quite easily the strangest thing that I've experienced in my life.

GIZAPP333,

If you scroll up, you'll see I gave two websites for this phenomena and I never reported back on if they worked for me or not. Well, they did after using the script 2-3 times. The last time I spoke the script that they provide, it finally took and all activity has ceased. I had a horrible thing happen after I used the script for the first two times. I guess I got them really angry. I know how ridiculous this will sound and I'm sure I'll get some comedic responses but at the beginning of last summer, a pair of undies was taken from my house and carefully placed on a trail where we walk our dogs. My husband actually noticed them before I did laying there on the path. They're a unique, old Victoria Secret pattern so I knew immediately they were mine much to my horror. Of course, when I got home I ran into my bedroom to check just to be sure and they were gone! Anyway, my dear, sweet husband went back over and retrieved them for me and while he was gone I read the script again full on with a very loud, forceful and emotional voice. Unfortunately, this shook up both my husband and myself so much we had a very bad argument later that night and he left the house and spent the night in his car and went to work from there! THAT is what these entities can do to your home if you don't make a consciencious effort to force them from your surroundings. Anyway, all has been well with both my husband and myself as well as our home is now tranquil and peaceful. I'm very attached now to God, Christ, angels, the heavenly realm now more than ever. Who knows, maybe that was God's way of getting my attention!

Here are the websites again...they're from the same persons, I believe, but each one has pertinent info: entityattachment.com and

spiritualcleansing.org Good luck and I wouldn't let your situation go on and on when help is very simple and it works! Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. God bless!

GIZAPP333,

If you scroll up, you'll see I gave two websites for this phenomena and I never reported back on if they worked for me or not. Well, they did after using the script 2-3 times. The last time I spoke the script that they provide, it finally took and all activity has ceased. I had a horrible thing happen after I used the script for the first two times. I guess I got them really angry. I know how ridiculous this will sound and I'm sure I'll get some comedic responses but at the beginning of last summer, a pair of undies was taken from my house and carefully placed on a trail where we walk our dogs. My husband actually noticed them before I did laying there on the path. They're a unique, old Victoria Secret pattern so I knew immediately they were mine much to my horror. Of course, when I got home I ran into my bedroom to check just to be sure and they were gone! Anyway, my dear, sweet husband went back over and retrieved them for me and while he was gone I read the script again full on with a very loud, forceful and emotional voice. Unfortunately, this shook up both my husband and myself so much we had a very bad argument later that night and he left the house and spent the night in his car and went to work from there! THAT is what these entities can do to your home if you don't make a consciencious effort to force them from your surroundings. Anyway, all has been well with both my husband and myself as well as our home is now tranquil and peaceful. I'm very attached now to God, Christ, angels, the heavenly realm now more than ever. Who knows, maybe that was God's way of getting my attention!

Here are the websites again...they're from the same persons, I believe, but each one has pertinent info: entityattachment.com and

spiritualcleansing.org Good luck and I wouldn't let your situation go on and on when help is very simple and it works! Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. God bless!

Thanks for your reply Aldev. I apologize to everyone for copying my previous message from another forum without updating the text size. I also had a very bizarre incident involving underwear a few months ago-thankfully my pants didn't fall as it happened in a post office while i went to the counter to pay for certified mail. When i went to pay for my book of stamps and certified mail a blue pair of old hanes came down. It sounds like underwear humor gets a good kick out of them. I though maybe since i was in a rush i didn't pull them up high, but the whole thing made no sense whatsoever as the rest of the bizarre occurrences. If they were falling it should have happened a long before as i had walked and did a few errands before the post office.

Now looking back i don't think this was a coincidence. My flashdrive was taken only 1 day after i started to put holy water around the walls. I didn't get it back yet, but i read another incident online in which someone got everything back except the flashdrive. I prayed to both St. Anthony and Archangel Chaumuel and will go to church tomorrow (first time in few months).

Obviously, unless you go through DOP than it's difficult to believe. I tell people if you believe GOd no one will think you're insane or should be institutionalized (over 4 billion believe), when you talk about these occurrences people will throw every explanation with the kitchen sink. People say you watch too much horror and watch too much paranormal shows (in search of, unsolved mysteries, Arhur C. Clarke etc) yet i think it's more coincidence.

At the moment, there has been no attacks upon me or overt haunting, however, i can see it takes important stuff that i plan to use. Only after my credit cards and debit cards were cancelled is when i got my wallet back(fortunately didn't have to get a new drivers license), only after a buy a new book of stamps that i get my old stamps. I think if i bought a new flashdrive than the old one will be returned.

After the flashdrive was taken nothing else has gone missing. All the important items (cell phone, keys, wallet) will be kept in my bedroom in the meantime.

I will keep everyone posted if anything changes.

For some bizarre reason, cats just love smelly socks and shoes and slippers and I've seen mine trotting through the house with such items to some private spot in order to enjoy them in peace.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I just had something very bizarre and upsetting happen to me today. I pretty much had a pillow disappear on me. I’ve had small objects go missing before and never gave it any importance because we can all misplace things every now and then but this is such a big object that I can’t help but question my sanity. I was laying on the floor of my living room and using this pillow as a head rest and then when I got up I used it to squat away a flying bug that sneaked into the room while I was lying down and enjoying the sun. The last thing I remember is throwing the pillow back on the floor and going to the bathroom. By the time I got back to the living room it wasn’t there. The pillow was gone and I’ve been looking for it like crazy all over the house and it has yet to surface. Did I have a lapsus? I’m concerned but since it’s the first time something like this happens to me I don’t wanna over think and worry about it too much. Anyone has had a similar experience with a large object??

Hi everyone, I just had something very bizarre and upsetting happen to me today. I pretty much had a pillow disappear on me. I’ve had small objects go missing before and never gave it any importance because we can all misplace things every now and then but this is such a big object that I can’t help but question my sanity. I was laying on the floor of my living room and using this pillow as a head rest and then when I got up I used it to squat away a flying bug that sneaked into the room while I was lying down and enjoying the sun. The last thing I remember is throwing the pillow back on the floor and going to the bathroom. By the time I got back to the living room it wasn’t there. The pillow was gone and I’ve been looking for it like crazy all over the house and it has yet to surface. Did I have a lapsus? I’m concerned but since it’s the first time something like this happens to me I don’t wanna over think and worry about it too much. Anyone has had a similar experience with a large object??

Although it's not large, it's totally bizzare. If you read my previous posts, I had a pair of underwear taken out of my drawer. I didn't think anything of it until later that day when my husband and I went for a walk walk with our dogs to our regular place and we saw my underwear on the paved walkway! They were definitely mine and we were both completely freaked out. They were in the middle of the walkway looking like they were placed there, stretched out. Now this came after we had many missing objects in our house; some were retrieved, others never found. But the underwear caper was the last straw. I had it with this pesky spirit who was wreaking havoc. I performed my own exorcism with conviction and to this day, nothing has been missing. Things have been quiet for several months. If you read my former posts on this thread, I give info on how to obtain the exorcist info. To be sure, there are many people on this forum who haven't had these experiences who don't believe these things are paranormal. But that's a luxury for those who've never experienced the phenomenon in such a degree. When you positively KNOW there can be no other explanation, then you either have to believe it and get rid of it, or it will more than likely keep repeating its efforts to drive you around the bend. You are not crazy though. Never let anyone tell you that it's something you are doing. It's coming from beyond your grasp. Best of luck and stay strong!!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I think science has proven that it's possible for objects to fall into another dimension, permanently or for a time. Also that with the nature of atoms as we know them, it's possible for atoms to align in such a way that an object can actually disappear or become invisible. I never discount a theory. The earth used to be flat and the sun was a dude in a chariot who had to fight demons all night to come back every day. Knowledge grows

• 1 month later...

Has anyone experienced an object disappearing from the house? This is going to sound ridiculous but I left my slippers in the middle of my room and one hour later one had disppeared. I have hunted high and low through the whole house and of course all but obvious places like under the bed but it just seems to have vanished into thin air. I know there is a phenomena when objects disappear and turn up again in a completely different place but a whole week has gone by and I have not found it. Any logical explanations?

Yes I have had several things disappear and a few things came back, but others have not. I had a friend who said her things disappeared and she can't find them anywhere. Its just strange..