Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Finding Bigfoot

rashore

ok.. So there was pretty much zippo on the TV for a while last night, and I ended up watching a couple episodes of this..

Has anyone else caught this show?

I found it pretty cheesy. They hoot in the woods and then comment on how it sounded just like a real squatch, and find murky smears on the ground and comment on how it looks for sure to be real squatch tracks...

I wasn't aware that people have collected enough real squatch action to know the difference?

And as a side lol, every time the one guy says squatch it almost sounds like he's saying squat... so it sounds like "Yeah, we got real squat here" and I had to agree, they got squat.

So, I was wondering if anyone else has caught it what they thought of the show..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malaria_Kidd

• Sakari

• Tia

• supervike

I think it's called Finding Bigfoot and I agree, it's pretty lame. :wacko:

Very lame...

There is another thread on this ( can't find it now ), I had replied that I was looking forward to this episode.( I am in Oregon )

When I saw it was on the footage of the stump I laughed.

Now that BFRO is getting a good paycheck, maybe they can stay in a area they say has a " Bigfoot for sure " for more than two days, and buy a decent tent so they are not afraid of the rain.This way they can finally realise there is no Bigfoot.

Also, am I the only one here who knows of Elk well enough to know Elk calls and Owls are not Bigfoot?.......Is it just me?

Barred Owls are also known for the wide range of sounds they make. Many people have been frightened by noises they heard, not knowing it was only an owl. The most common noise is the mating call. The male calls out and the female responds. Barred Owls make many other noises including various hoots, whines, and squeals. They can sound like barking dogs or whooping monkeys. They also make sounds like humans, including a scream like someone in great pain and one that sounds like laughter.

listen to them here : http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/barred_owl.htm

I enjoy shows like this with or without the extra cheese. Really its part of the charm of cryptozoology

Very lame...

There is another thread on this ( can't find it now ), I had replied that I was looking forward to this episode.( I am in Oregon )

Now that BFRO is getting a good paycheck, maybe they can stay in a area they say has a " Bigfoot for sure " for more than two days, and buy a decent tent so they are not afraid of the rain.This way they can finally realise there is no Bigfoot.

Also, am I the only one here who knows of Elk well enough to know Elk calls and Owls are not Bigfoot?.......Is it just me?

They did an episode in Louisiana, might have been Florida don't remember, was swampy and the the call they got back did not sound like either.

I find the show to be entertaining and you got to admit the scenery is awesome especially in that last episode.

They did an episode in Louisiana, might have been Florida don't remember, was swampy and the the call they got back did not sound like either.

I find the show to be entertaining and you got to admit the scenery is awesome especially in that last episode.

That is why I love living here :)

Listen to the other sounds I have a link to, and that is just one type of Owl.

I have noticed on each show I saw there is the " we know they are here ", if this is the case, why leave?

answer : Because that leaves the door open to " maybe they are " for some.( teaser if you will )

If a true group of people were looking for something, and thought for sure they were onto a hot spot, they would not leave to go to another location, and others would also be there looking.

That is why I love living here :)

Listen to the other sounds I have a link to, and that is just one type of Owl.

I have noticed on each show I saw there is the " we know they are here ", if this is the case, why leave?

answer : Because that leaves the door open to " maybe they are " for some.( teaser if you will )

If a true group of people were looking for something, and thought for sure they were onto a hot spot, they would not leave to go to another location, and others would also be there looking.

You find those kind of inconsistencies among "bigfooters" (like scrapbookers I guess) in all of these shows.

My favorite was the now famous Monsterquest screwboard episode. The guy is ABSOLUTELY convinced that a bigfoot broke into his cabin and ransacked it. In the process old footy stepped on this screwboard that was put in front of the door to keep bears away (note they break into cabins frequently, but yet this was bigfoot) and left not only a bloody footprint, but hair, tissue, and blood (i.e Tons o'DNA).

So what does the intrepid cabin owner do with what should be considered potentially irefutable PROOF of the existance of bigfoot? Does he immediately bag it and take for testing? NOPE, he leans it against the side of the cabin exposed to the elements for TWO YEARS.

And it got even better in the follow up episode the next season. The team is in a cabin utterly convinced that a bigfoot is throwing stones a the building. So what do these "researchers" do? Do they immediately storm outside with cameras blazing to catch the elusive creature red handed? NOPE, they cower in the cabin because they are scared.

Come on.

You find those kind of inconsistencies among "bigfooters" (like scrapbookers I guess) in all of these shows.

My favorite was the now famous Monsterquest screwboard episode. The guy is ABSOLUTELY convinced that a bigfoot broke into his cabin and ransacked it. In the process old footy stepped on this screwboard that was put in front of the door to keep bears away (note they break into cabins frequently, but yet this was bigfoot) and left not only a bloody footprint, but hair, tissue, and blood (i.e Tons o'DNA).

So what does the intrepid cabin owner do with what should be considered potentially irefutable PROOF of the existance of bigfoot? Does he immediately bag it and take for testing? NOPE, he leans it against the side of the cabin exposed to the elements for TWO YEARS.

And it got even better in the follow up episode the next season. The team is in a cabin utterly convinced that a bigfoot is throwing stones a the building. So what do these "researchers" do? Do they immediately storm outside with cameras blazing to catch the elusive creature red handed? NOPE, they cower in the cabin because they are scared.

Come on.

Scared of squirrels dropping things from trees onto the roof .....( happened to us numerous times camping in our trailer )

Scared of squirrels dropping things from trees onto the roof .....( happened to us numerous times camping in our trailer )

They'll take your arm off man.

The investigator climbed onto the cabin's metal roof and retrieved a golf ball sized rock. That was one tough squirrel!

The investigator climbed onto the cabin's metal roof and retrieved a golf ball sized rock. That was one tough squirrel!

How long was the rock there?...Was it really there?

I have found Bigfoot on a regular basis.....i mean how many people have size 12 feet?...i get all the best shoes and trainers from Ebay so do not fret...we are here and Ebay caters for us....ps...i may be on the wrong thread here :yes:

It's a perfect example how some of these enthusiasts jump to conclusions. I find it has more comedy value than anything else, as Moneymaker insists it must be a bigfoot when everyone else clearly sees an animal on four legs ;)

I learn something new in this weeks episode, I did not know Bigfoot could whistle.

Edited by Socio

Over a billion years at least! LOL I was not a skeptic of the rock on the roof or how it got there. There are hundreds of BFRO reports of Sasquatch thrown rocks. With the real rock found on the cabin roof, it looks like we will have to take Jeff Meldrum's word for it. I liked that "Monster Quest" show from Snow Lake in NW Ontario. As it seemed to out class the AP's tourists trying extra hard at "Finding Bigfoot". :blush:

Finding Bigfoot repeats are being shown now so the series must be over. 100% of the planet's believers and non believers of Squatch, Bigfoot, Skunk Ape, or Yeti more than likely predicted they would not find one up close and personal. :w00t:

But good ole FLIR* caught some hot temps moving in the forest a few times! :yes:

*Forward Looking Infrared made by FLIR Systems in Portland, Oregon, Boston, Massachusetts USA and Stockholm, Sweden :tsu:

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

I responded to the other thread on this show not too long ago. I have since watched a couple more episodes, purely for entertainment and a good laugh, and my stance has not changed. It is absolutely ridiculous. They speak of bigfoot as if it is a very well know, documented, known to the world creature. Moneymaker is an idiot, and has been known to be involved in a hoax or two. I could go on and on and on but really its not worth it. Bottom line if you want a good laugh, watch it.

Mike

At least this show has taught me how to make bigfoot calls.

Good chance I'll wake the neighbors up though trying to call one in.

That sound could wake the dead.

At least this show has taught me how to make bigfoot calls.

Good chance I'll wake the neighbors up though trying to call one in.

That sound could wake the dead.

Ow ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snort grunt-lol

Ow ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snort grunt-lol

I think you've got it !!

Make me a recording and I'll just use it. :tu:

But good ole FLIR* caught some hot temps moving in the forest a few times! :yes:

Yes, this is exciting, there are not very many warm blooded animals in Forests, must be Bif !!!! ;)

At least the "Finding Bigfoot" series should promote tourism. Two years ago a fella named Michael Green in North Carolina made alternative news with his infrared camera. He used a different strategy by driving away from his stake out. Before he left he trained the camera on a storage container with treats of apples and a Babe Ruth bar inside.

The camera filmed a large hominoid creature reaching out to get the offerings. He had tried for twenty years to have that luck. If it was hoaxed why did he wait that long to do that trickery?

See if you can make these sounds and practice makes perfect!

http://bfro.net/REF/bfmedia.asp

Michael Green's report could be here at Unexplained Mysteries. Let's see if we can find it. ;)

Under Crypotozoology, Myths, and Legends it's on page 4 and headed off to the dark pages.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=207808

Most of the replies are from members that have not seen the creature.

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

Very lame...

As long as the money keeps coming in and the gullible keep listening, they will keep ' almost ' finding bigfoot :)

I saw this show for the first time over the weekend. I couldn't believe that the 'researchers' simply take for granted that Bigfoot is a real animal. :blink: They go along stating that 'this and that' "looks S'quatchy". Now, maybe there really are Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) trampling around the Pacific North West, but looking for evidence with a pre-exisiting conclusion certainly isn't at all scientific.

I saw this show for the first time over the weekend. I couldn't believe that the 'researchers' simply take for granted that Bigfoot is a real animal. :blink: They go along stating that 'this and that' "looks S'quatchy". Now, maybe there really are Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) trampling around the Pacific North West, but looking for evidence with a pre-exisiting conclusion certainly isn't at all scientific.

Exactly.

I DVR the show to watch when there is absolutely nothing else on (which is often)...I think it drives my wife crazy, as all I end up doing is picking the show apart.

But, other than the ridiculous 'squatch' nickname, the absolute worse part of that show is how they judge validity of other's stories by determining how Bigfoot would act....as if somehow they know any of this to be fact.

Still, with all my complaining, I prefer this type of show to 'The Housewifes of Reality TV' crap that dominates the other channels.