Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese 'sea monster'

whatsthat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blues Girl

• Gwynbleidd

• Classified Document

• Taut

Is there any question that this is something other than a Whale? It clearly is, despite the fact that 'The Sun' may wish it to be something else.

Edited by TheSpoonyOne

The one thing we know for sure is that there was an onshore wind when that picture was taken. :P

So 55' worth of rotting flesh is enuff for some reporter who couldn't get a job washing toilets to label it a "sea monster" which in reallity is probally a whale so he could write some article with the hopes of boosting his ego as if he was some kind of writer...catchy false headlines won't do it.

Release the KRAKEN!

A sardine the overdosed on steroids.

If it had 55 feet it was a land monster not a sea monster!

so, no-one been able to identify this whale-sized, whale-shaped creature that came out of the sea, where whales live??

Edited by chainsawcam

i'm just wondering how they knew it was 'chinese'

i'm just wondering how they knew it was 'chinese'

It washed ashore in China what we can assume as you will find this story first at chinese websites... :huh: The carcass was buried for some time now but it is planned to identify the species later with help of the skeleton. It's without a doubt a rorqual (take a look at the ventral grooves, the tip of the curved lower jawbone, the tail and the tail fluke) the only question is what species. If you accept the 55 ft it only could be a Fin-, Sei- or Blue whale. But this is only an exaggeration because chinese websites talk about 42 ft. This adds also a Bryde's whale to the possible rorqual species.

Edited by Marozi

Whale do tend to flatten out when laying on the beach, ever seen a fat girl tanning?

Sorry to say here in Florida I have seen tooo many---And the Whale looked better

if it really was a sea monster then why don't they have photo's of it i don't care how decayed it was you still would have put up a photo of some type of proof thats just my thoughts on the whole matter.

Edited by ladylaura36

I love cryptozoology, but this looks like a pretty shut case, even if u don't see the people and give a appropriate size through them, i would say it's a smaller class of whale

Saw an update.....3 marine biologists say it's a whale, baleen species. Most of us already knew but they confirmed it.

Saw an update.....3 marine biologists say it's a whale, baleen species. Most of us already knew but they confirmed it.

Do you have a link to this update? I think we would all be interested in reading it

Do you have a link to this update? I think we would all be interested in reading it

I don't know if this is the 'update' in question...

Upon seeing a photo of the carcass, three marine biology experts — Scott Baker of Oregon State University Marine Mammal Institute; Bill Perrin, senior scientist for marine mammals at the National Marine Fisheries Service; and Bob Brownell, senior scientist for international protected resources with the National Atmospheric and Oceanic Administration's Fisheries Service — all think it's a whale.

Linky -> Experts suspect the creature is actually a badly decayed whale

Somewhere, someone is crying over this...

What do you suppose Swamptick has been smoking?

:w00t: I know right! That gave me quite a chuckle. :tu: