Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cheyenne base lost communication with weapons

The October 23, 2010, story continued to unfold. -- The F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, WY, "temporarily lost the ability to communicate with 50 of its Minuteman III missiles" while a UFO was sighted during the incident, according to statements released June 23, 2011, by Robert Hastings. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMcGuffin

• lost_shaman

• booNyzarC

• Karlis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you watch it all You will see a great deal of what maybe going on behind the scenes in our Gov`s around the world.

Makes you wonder a bit ?

I watched most of it. Interesting stuff...I'm still trying to digest it and see if I need to re-calibrate my thinking. I'm a skeptic by nature and have never put alot of faith in "alien" visitation, abduction or intervention...In fact, I don't believe in it at all. However, this is just talking about UFO's...that doesn't mean alien.

Who knows, maybe that's the reason the prez decided to start the withdrawal of troops...to get them home before the "invasion" starts...I'm kidding btw.

I watched most of it. Interesting stuff...I'm still trying to digest it and see if I need to re-calibrate my thinking. I'm a skeptic by nature and have never put alot of faith in "alien" visitation, abduction or intervention...In fact, I don't believe in it at all. However, this is just talking about UFO's...that doesn't mean alien.

Who knows, maybe that's the reason the prez decided to start the withdrawal of troops...to get them home before the "invasion" starts...I'm kidding btw.

Well Stranger things have been known to Happen ! Welcome to the Show ! The UFO Show that is !

post-68971-0-84359300-1308946619_thumb.j

Although it doesn't address the recent claim from the article in the OP, you might want to take a look at an alternate perspective regarding the stories from Hastings and Salas as presented by James Carlson. Here is a good start, and there is plenty more if you're interested in wiping clean some of that mysterious fog that the Bob's tend to convey.

Cheers.

Although it doesn't address the recent claim from the article in the OP, you might want to take a look at an alternate perspective regarding the stories from Hastings and Salas as presented by James Carlson. Here is a good start, and there is plenty more if you're interested in wiping clean some of that mysterious fog that the Bob's tend to convey.

Cheers.

Thanks for the Link Boon...I'm reading it now. I'm barely into it and I see...mm...selective memory recall involved here. Do I need to call out the meter? I'm going to keep it handy I think..

bulls02.gif

Here is a link to an earlier thread which puts some context to the debate and antagonism between Mr Carlson and Mr Hastings, et al. While it does not discuss the alleged 2010 incident, I think the thread is relevant here to provide some insight into the characters involved.

You might also wish to read the particularly insightful posts by a brilliant young poster on UM. *cough cough* :innocent:

Wow...just....wow. I read the rest of Boon's link and then hopped to the thread Leonardo provided a link to here...

I believe I will keep my meter close and my skepticism intact...

CBS News, siting official channels, stated that the shutdown was caused by computer hardware failure. This incident was reported to the president and Secretary of Defense.

It goes without saying that no UFO reports would ever be mentioned in these official press releases, but the incident was a very serious one.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20020817-503544.html

Robert Hastings did write about the UFO aspects of this event, through interviewing witnesses who were there, but there is simply no way that any information about it would be available in public press releases. If there really were records about UFO reports and possible threats to missile security, they would be so highly classified that I don't know if anyone from the public would be able to see them for 30 years or more--and maybe never.

People who tried to get this information through FOIA, like Larry Bryant, simply ran into a stone wall, as one would expect:

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2011/06/huge-ufo-sighted-near-nuclear-missiles_19.html

Honestly, this sounds so much like a story that starts with a hardware malfunction and ends with someone throwing in a UFO after the fact.

Im going to Go with the Carl Sagan`s Baloney Sandwich effect ! :wacko:

Wow...just....wow. I read the rest of Boon's link and then hopped to the thread Leonardo provided a link to here...

I believe I will keep my meter close and my skepticism intact...

Makes it all pretty clear, doesn't it? There is quite a bit more too, if you are interested. For example, here is James' book which goes into a lot of detail.

Cheers.

Makes it all pretty clear, doesn't it? There is quite a bit more too, if you are interested. For example, here is James' book which goes into a lot of detail.

Cheers.

I'm going to be a thorn in your side here booNy :P

Do you ever think about the fact that the flip side of this particular coin also profits by what they say, with books, websites etc...?

Wasn't one of the contentions that Meiwald who was in command at Echo Flight (I think?) never came forward and confirmed Salas's claims?

I'm going to be a thorn in your side here booNy :P

Do you ever think about the fact that the flip side of this particular coin also profits by what they say, with books, websites etc...?

Wasn't one of the contentions that Meiwald who was in command at Echo Flight (I think?) never came forward and confirmed Salas's claims?

By all means raise any complaint or argument that you have. As always, I highly respect your balanced view of things and I don't consider it a thorn at all.

In this instance, however, it is quite clear that James Carlson has written all of this information and done all of this research with the sole intention of clarifying what actually happened. Why would he put his book up on Scribd for free? Why would he have spent countless hours researching and sharing the fruits of that research with the general public? On this forum alone he has contributed voluminous amounts of information in support of his findings. And there is no cost to go and read what he has put together.

The only profit that I believe he has gained is the satisfaction of setting the record straight by upholding historical truth and the legacy of his father's service. I can't think of a more noble gain to strive for in this kind of situation than that. Can you? Personally, I tip my hat to what he has done.

Or do you know something about this that I'm not aware of?

By all means raise any complaint or argument that you have. As always, I highly respect your balanced view of things and I don't consider it a thorn at all.

In this instance, however, it is quite clear that James Carlson has written all of this information and done all of this research with the sole intention of clarifying what actually happened. Why would he put his book up on Scribd for free? Why would he have spent countless hours researching and sharing the fruits of that research with the general public? On this forum alone he has contributed voluminous amounts of information in support of his findings. And there is no cost to go and read what he has put together.

The only profit that I believe he has gained is the satisfaction of setting the record straight by upholding historical truth and the legacy of his father's service. I can't think of a more noble gain to strive for in this kind of situation than that. Can you? Personally, I tip my hat to what he has done.

Or do you know something about this that I'm not aware of?

I wasn't per se talking about Carlson, just in general. People do make money off of debunking as well. Though I will admit I didn't know Carlson didn't publish his book for profit.

any sign of mr. carlson making the rounds this time.... :unsure2:

WF: Oh, on radio, [they said,] “There’s this large object hovering over the site!” I’ve always been a non-believer [in UFOs] so I said, “Right, sure you do.” [They responded,] “Yeah! Yeah, we do!” So, “There’s two of you there, saying so, so write it down in your report.” [The Strike Team leader] said, “What do you want us to do?” “Follow your checklist. Go to the site, open it up, and call me.”

RH: What was the demeanor of the guard you were talking to?

WF: Um, you know, I wouldn’t say panicked, or anything [like that]. I was thinking he was yanking my chain more than anything else.

RH: But he seemed to be serious to you?

WF: He seemed to be serious and I wasn’t taking him seriously.

RH: Alright. If it was a large object, did he describe the shape of the object?

WF: He just said a large round object.

RH: Directly over the LF?

WF: Directly over the site.

My link

I wasn't per se talking about Carlson, just in general. People do make money off of debunking as well. Though I will admit I didn't know Carlson didn't publish his book for profit.

People make money in all kinds of ways. If they can do so by shedding light on this ambiguous and mysterious subject, more power to them. In my opinion it is better to gain financially by actually dissolving some of the perceived mystery behind UFOlogy and delivering verifiable substance than by perpetuating the false mystery that so many UFOlogists depend on by delivering more intrigue. Hell, if I could find a way to financially gain from this while still upholding my standards of integrity and honesty I'd jump at it. Why not?

Have you noticed in your study of this subject matter that the deeper you go into the ETH the more unanswerable questions get raised? I sure have. I noticed it very quickly in fact. And it took quite a while before I could actually separate the wheat from the chaff. UFOlogy depends on distrust, sowing the seeds of doubt against government, science, and all other reliable sources. It attacks the very fabric of reliable and authoritative investigation. In a way, I view it somewhat as a threat to society like many conspiracy theories. It depends on the frailties of the uneducated and the easily susceptible. In short, it preys on the masses who haven't taken the time to actually become familiar with the facts.

So yes, if anyone can actually manage to financially profit by shedding light on the darkness of UFOlogy, I'm all for it. The ETH Propaganda Machine makes me sick the more I think about it. Logic, reason, and common sense must rule out above all.

Forgive the rant. It wasn't focused at you Kali. I guess this subject touched a nerve.

So James Carlson is defending the truthfulness of the statements of his father, Capt. (Ret.) Eric D. Carlson over those of Salas, an apparent stranger. Quite natural and respectable, as far as it goes. I, too, would prefer to think that my father told the truth, and that someone not known to me lied, if they contradicted each other on some serious matter. I think it may very well have been necessary for for higher ups in the military structure to 'not recall' something as serious as a UFO interfering with nuclear missiles. In fact, I wouldn't expect them to admit such a disturbing thing under any circumstances. It is apparent that Salas' memory of certain details of events that happened many years ago is less than perfect. That does not seem particularly surprising, or significant to me. It seems conceivable that officers might have admitted certain circumstantial details to Salas, that they later felt required to deny, when it became clear that he would use this information to expose the radical vulnerability of our military forces to 'outside' interference. In any case, similar incidents of UFO interference have been reported from other ICBM bases in various parts of the United States, and also in the (then) Soviet Union.

Edited by bison

Things go Poof in the night ,always a reason or maybe even a glitch ? Who knows, I do believe that things of the complexity of the ICBM systems are not Fool proof either.

Well Until they Land and give us back the Missing Toys from all the YEars we may never know .

In this instance, however, it is quite clear that James Carlson has written all of this information and done all of this research with the sole intention of clarifying what actually happened. Why would he put his book up on Scribd for free?

Well 'we' are all posting 'our' research and information for free too booN. Also James spends an awfully large amount of time and space attacking Hastings' and Salas's character. I can only speak for myself but after James attacked my character just as harshly here on UM simply because I disagreed with him on one or two simple little issues my view on James and his work has changed dramatically. It's hard for me to trust someone's work as unbiased when that person is so emotionally charged as James seems to be.

Well 'we' are all posting 'our' research and information for free too booN. Also James spends an awfully large amount of time and space attacking Hastings' and Salas's character. I can only speak for myself but after James attacked my character just as harshly here on UM simply because I disagreed with him on one or two simple little issues my view on James and his work has changed dramatically. It's hard for me to trust someone's work as unbiased when that person is so emotionally charged as James seems to be.

Quite true regarding the contributions we all freely make here on UM. Along the way personalities sometimes clash. If I recall correctly, you and I had a couple of clashes at certain points as well. But I don't feel that any of that has festered between us and at this point it is all simply water under the bridge. Communication is what allowed for that.

May I suggest that you take any remaining hard feelings up with him directly?

Forgive me for being so forward, but I hold the both of you in high regard. As such, I am confident that if you are both interested in settling any past issues that you'll each do whatever is needed to amicably achieve the goal of settling anything that is still unresolved. Apologies, explanations, clarifications, whatever. I'll leave the details to you both. You certainly have the ability to send him a PM expressing any concerns or questions.

Just a friendly suggestion mate. But by all means, do or don't do whatever you feel is right.

People make money in all kinds of ways. If they can do so by shedding light on this ambiguous and mysterious subject, more power to them. In my opinion it is better to gain financially by actually dissolving some of the perceived mystery behind UFOlogy and delivering verifiable substance than by perpetuating the false mystery that so many UFOlogists depend on by delivering more intrigue. Hell, if I could find a way to financially gain from this while still upholding my standards of integrity and honesty I'd jump at it. Why not?

Have you noticed in your study of this subject matter that the deeper you go into the ETH the more unanswerable questions get raised? I sure have. I noticed it very quickly in fact. And it took quite a while before I could actually separate the wheat from the chaff. UFOlogy depends on distrust, sowing the seeds of doubt against government, science, and all other reliable sources. It attacks the very fabric of reliable and authoritative investigation. In a way, I view it somewhat as a threat to society like many conspiracy theories. It depends on the frailties of the uneducated and the easily susceptible. In short, it preys on the masses who haven't taken the time to actually become familiar with the facts.

So yes, if anyone can actually manage to financially profit by shedding light on the darkness of UFOlogy, I'm all for it. The ETH Propaganda Machine makes me sick the more I think about it. Logic, reason, and common sense must rule out above all.

Forgive the rant. It wasn't focused at you Kali. I guess this subject touched a nerve.

No worries about the rant, they happen and hey if what I said provided fuel for you to air somethings...that's a good thing in my book. I have noticed a lot of fluff in my reading on the subject, and I've let go of somethings, such as govt cover-up. However some simple things remain, some UFOs aren't explanable, and I fully believe that even true events can be debunked and logic'd away, and that hurts the cause as much as hoaxes IMO. This particular series of events I think falls into the category of not being easily dismissed. We have people on both sides saying what and didn't happen. I lean opposite of you, Hastings and Salas have witnesses to back their claims and if you take a look at the bare bones of the cases and leave out the he said she said you have some very rare anomolies happening in one night on more than one occasion.