Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can see my own future.

A normal guy

It started when I was a small child; when I went to sleep, I would dream and dream, of many different things, of many different subjects - these however, where just normal dreams. However, sometimes as often as once every day, and sometimes as rare as once every two years, I would have a special dream. This dream is always viewed as if I where seeing it in real time, although I am unable to look around, "move my eyes" or do anything to affect the dream. For all intensive purposes, when I have these dreams, it is as if someone hit the pause button, freezing that second. I can see my nose, my eyebrows, and whatever else my eyes are seeing. I stress this, because this is not an out of body experience. This single moment, is utterly perfect in detail; I once dreamt of seeing an old woman dressed in a taupe skirt, wooly long sleeved blouse, and wearing a truly ridicules hat with large colorful feathers. I could tell she was on a street, but I could not see the street sign clearly as it was in my peripheral vision - and thus too blurry to see. Every fiber of those clothes, the number of feathers, the DETAIL of the feathers, just truly the detail - puts all doubt out of my mind that it is some kind of mental construct. When I wake up, I go about my daily life. Only, I personally know something; someday, whether it's in the next minute, or thirty years from now, while I am awake, what I am seeing will perfectly align with what I saw in my dream. Think of it, as sitting down and looking at something twice; at exactly the same angle, yaw, pitch, color, and lighting. Every aspect, of every detail is EXACTLY the way you've seen it before. It came as no surprise to me when I saw this old woman again, five years after I wen't to sleep. Since then, I have had dozens of these precognitive dreams.

Now. I obviously can't prove this to a single person. I cannot predict the future, only my own. I cannot summon this damned curse when I want; it's completely involuntary. Although, I will note I had them much more frequently when I was a child, then now as an adult. I neither want criticism, or even seek validation of my odd ability by others. No. The reason I'm posting this, is because I need help. You see, at first I just thought it was deja Vu. But, when I began predicting scenario's years in advance, I knew that this was not so. Especially, when I predicted a sequence of events. See, typically I can only see a single moment, not even a second of time in my future. But once, I saw a series of images in rapid succession; maybe two seconds. This allowed me to predict the exact moment a cell phone was going to go off, nearly six months later. Also, once, while I was driving down the road, I wen't into a state of "auto pilot". We all know it; your driving down the road, and you drive without thinking about it while you daydream or such. It usually happens on long trips. This one time though, while I was AWAKE, my mind far away from anything physical - I honestly think I was daydreaming about my girl friend - unbidden, and completely surprising, I was able to generate several of these images from my dream state, in sequence. Even more odd, was that I was able to focus on a particular location - the interstate where I was driving - and predict that a large white semi from bairds bread would pull in front of me, and honk his horn three times. As I was day dreaming, I honestly didn't pay much attention to this. But, when three weeks later, a white bairds bread truck pulled in front of me and honked three times, it honestly spooked me.

Since this experience, I have been trying to re-induce this scenario, many times by reenacting how it happened. Try as I might however, I am unable to generate more of these images. So, the reason I'm posting here, is for suggestions on techniques that might be able to help me induce more of these scenarios, or even help me focus this ability even more. Im honestly open to all kinds of ideas...I for one, understand that there are indeed things we cannot explain, and I am open to theories on how this is possible. I believe I saw an NOVA episode on television once (This one I think: http://www.netflix.com/Movie/What-Are-Dreams-Nova/70129639 ) that tried to explain precognitive dreams as microtubules in the dendrites firing in mass numbers simultaneously - at levels far higher than normal. If this theory is true, then meditation might be a hindrance then a benefit, as neural activity is typically reduced during meditative states.

And thats...really all I have. Ill admit I'm a sophomore in college, who will be majoring in Psychology and neurology...for obvious reasons. I don't meditate, and never have effectively. I have tried focussing on items or subjects before sleeping, but it rarely helps. I've also practiced lucid dreaming - though it has not helped me much in unlocking more secrets.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• machstem

• A normal guy

• Prigget

• _dom

It started when I was a small child; when I went to sleep, I would dream and dream, of many different things, of many different subjects - these however, where just normal dreams. However, sometimes as often as once every day, and sometimes as rare as once every two years, I would have a special dream. This dream is always viewed as if I where seeing it in real time, although I am unable to look around, "move my eyes" or do anything to affect the dream. For all intensive purposes, when I have these dreams, it is as if someone hit the pause button, freezing that second. I can see my nose, my eyebrows, and whatever else my eyes are seeing. I stress this, because this is not an out of body experience. This single moment, is utterly perfect in detail; I once dreamt of seeing an old woman dressed in a taupe skirt, wooly long sleeved blouse, and wearing a truly ridicules hat with large colorful feathers. I could tell she was on a street, but I could not see the street sign clearly as it was in my peripheral vision - and thus too blurry to see. Every fiber of those clothes, the number of feathers, the DETAIL of the feathers, just truly the detail - puts all doubt out of my mind that it is some kind of mental construct. When I wake up, I go about my daily life. Only, I personally know something; someday, whether it's in the next minute, or thirty years from now, while I am awake, what I am seeing will perfectly align with what I saw in my dream. Think of it, as sitting down and looking at something twice; at exactly the same angle, yaw, pitch, color, and lighting. Every aspect, of every detail is EXACTLY the way you've seen it before. It came as no surprise to me when I saw this old woman again, five years after I wen't to sleep. Since then, I have had dozens of these precognitive dreams.

Now. I obviously can't prove this to a single person. I cannot predict the future, only my own. I cannot summon this damned curse when I want; it's completely involuntary. Although, I will note I had them much more frequently when I was a child, then now as an adult. I neither want criticism, or even seek validation of my odd ability by others. No. The reason I'm posting this, is because I need help. You see, at first I just thought it was deja Vu. But, when I began predicting scenario's years in advance, I knew that this was not so. Especially, when I predicted a sequence of events. See, typically I can only see a single moment, not even a second of time in my future. But once, I saw a series of images in rapid succession; maybe two seconds. This allowed me to predict the exact moment a cell phone was going to go off, nearly six months later. Also, once, while I was driving down the road, I wen't into a state of "auto pilot". We all know it; your driving down the road, and you drive without thinking about it while you daydream or such. It usually happens on long trips. This one time though, while I was AWAKE, my mind far away from anything physical - I honestly think I was daydreaming about my girl friend - unbidden, and completely surprising, I was able to generate several of these images from my dream state, in sequence. Even more odd, was that I was able to focus on a particular location - the interstate where I was driving - and predict that a large white semi from bairds bread would pull in front of me, and honk his horn three times. As I was day dreaming, I honestly didn't pay much attention to this. But, when three weeks later, a white bairds bread truck pulled in front of me and honked three times, it honestly spooked me.

Since this experience, I have been trying to re-induce this scenario, many times by reenacting how it happened. Try as I might however, I am unable to generate more of these images. So, the reason I'm posting here, is for suggestions on techniques that might be able to help me induce more of these scenarios, or even help me focus this ability even more. Im honestly open to all kinds of ideas...I for one, understand that there are indeed things we cannot explain, and I am open to theories on how this is possible. I believe I saw an NOVA episode on television once (This one I think: http://www.netflix.com/Movie/What-Are-Dreams-Nova/70129639 ) that tried to explain precognitive dreams as microtubules in the dendrites firing in mass numbers simultaneously - at levels far higher than normal. If this theory is true, then meditation might be a hindrance then a benefit, as neural activity is typically reduced during meditative states.

And thats...really all I have. Ill admit I'm a sophomore in college, who will be majoring in Psychology and neurology...for obvious reasons. I don't meditate, and never have effectively. I have tried focussing on items or subjects before sleeping, but it rarely helps. I've also practiced lucid dreaming - though it has not helped me much in unlocking more secrets.

It seems fascinating and extraordinary that you only see those vivid moments. I've had loads of prophetic dreams and so has my mum, who can relate to your stories more likely, because she had dreams about a shop shes never seen, and years later when she married my dad and moved to another city, saw the exact same shop. There was a dream with a blue, high-heeled shoe and after she saw one in a shop a year or 2 ago she realised she had already seen it in her dreams.

I've had a lot of dreams with people who I met not years but months after my dreams.

My techniques:

When you wake up, don't look outside your window.

Quickly jot down everything you remember. Recording every dream is important.

Limit TV & computer.

If meditation doesn't work for you, try simple diaphragmatic breathing.

Before going to sleep, it helped me to read books and listen to peaceful classic music.

Hope it helps :)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I only joined this forum because, after almost 34 years, I've decided to truly look into what I had mostly as a child and into my teenage years.

I don't have the episodes I used to have. I still get random flashbacks and clear and present deja-vu. With that, I mean it's incredibly real, like..it's happening at the same time..like I'm walking side by side with myself.

I did a simple google search and found a couple people who claim to have foretold their own futures.

Then I stumbled on your recollection, and I'll admit..I am a little stunned.

My instances were/are normally simple events, nothing big.

I think my first recollection was, according to my parents, at around the age of 2.

I woke up for a nap, and was upset because no one would come get me out of my bed/room. I could see them outside. Then, all out of nowhere, a series of pictured events, more like "life" flashcards...just appearing and presenting themselves in. I saw about 50 secs into the future (don't truly understand passage of time at that age, tough to remember precisely). The event was just my mom showing up and getting me out of bed, but exactly as I saw it.

The next big moment was:

I was around 6-7 years old, and as I was playing and waiting for the bell to ring (school) I saw myself and a friend run to the big electrical generator (the big green ones with 4 concrete poles on each corner) because someone had shot a bibi-gun at it and it dented the metal a tad. Right away, to try something, I told my friend exactly who would say what, but only for about 8-10 secs. It came out almost immediately after I would say it.

This next one ties into this a little:

I used to rollerblade at night in our town. Normally I'd leave on a nice summer night at about 10pm, and blade until about 3 before heading home.

I sat in a park/field staring into space when I had a weird feeling. Like one of those gut feelings? I knew I would see a girl tonight, it was messed up.

I took off and decided to take a random street through a small neighborhood, and ended up riding up beside someone. It was a blonde girl, she had a scar on her face and she smiled at me. I immediately felt something, like it had already happened, but was happening then.

But what really messed me up, enough for me to stop and sit my ass down on the grass and curb, was that she said she knew I'd blade by and that my name was Jon. Yeah, yeah, it's a common name. But, as you had pointed out, we just knew. You know?

There are others like you out there, if you're not messing around. I went out random nights over 5 years, and each night I went, I saw her at some point. Each of those times, she would tell me she had had a bad night. Once her boyfriend hit her.

**to be clear, this girl didn't always see me ahead, and me either. Like I first wrote, it's very random and not often as I got older.

Throughout each and every time we met up, we never really got each other's number. We just talked then. Then went our ways, but always ended up meeting eventually.

Our town is about 100k, so it's obviously not completely predictable or coincidental. But if I ever saw anyone else on the streets that late, it was by a party, in the East end, or downtown. They sleep well, and my blades are quiet.

I can't explain it, but I have several theories. If you'd be interested in talking about it, I don't have many stories, but the ones that I do know have been part of me my entire life. I'm not religious, agnostic, atheist...nothing really. I was born and raised Catholic, but eventually found a truer path. The one that leads me to question anything and everything. It's tough being an atheist when you have events like mine, but it's impossible to discount a higher subconsciousness, to deny omnipotence..not with what science is slowly and progressively discovering.

I've kind of narrowed my theory to this:

I am seeing the events ahead, because I am only repeating them as I had for aeons and as I am going to repeat doing it for aeons, until eternity ends. I think that every so often, during one of your pass-overs, you; a) change something just enough for your existing reality to see something different, and you "think" it's about to, or more-so should happen...at this point, you can let it ride into place and things will just smooth into each other...but if you choose to intervene, to commit something different, and feel "weird" about it..it's hard to explain.. or; B) the events we see are markers for our existence. Like place marks. They feel random, because as far as I can tell, they don't have an impact. Nothing to write a sci-fi story with it.

Now, I don't hope to ever having you see this message. I'm not sure if you'll see an email notification with a reply to your post.

I've just written stuff I've only shared with a couple people in my life. I think that one of those people actually believe me, but the other I've always questioned.

I'm just a normal guy, like you, who feels like there is something else..

The only other constant and most annoying condition I have, is that I have, since being a teenager, have had my events with..dreams, vivid dreams...fill me with dread. Not immediate, but soon...like something big is going to happen in my life time. Something that none of our recorded history has had happen. I can't explain it, but I feel like it's going to happen. I don't want it to, I believe this is a big thing. Something that could be bad, but only in a certain way.

But that's a whole other story I think. Who knows, maybe this one random post never was random to begin with. Let's just see.

PEACE

Since this experience, I have been trying to re-induce this scenario, many times by reenacting how it happened. Try as I might however, I am unable to generate more of these images. So, the reason I'm posting here, is for suggestions on techniques that might be able to help me induce more of these scenarios, or even help me focus this ability even more. Im honestly open to all kinds of ideas...I for one, understand that there are indeed things we cannot explain, and I am open to theories on how this is possible. I believe I saw an NOVA episode on television once (This one I think: http://www.netflix.c...s-Nova/70129639 ) that tried to explain precognitive dreams as microtubules in the dendrites firing in mass numbers simultaneously - at levels far higher than normal. If this theory is true, then meditation might be a hindrance then a benefit, as neural activity is typically reduced during meditative states.

Edited by machstem

Also, a side note:

I REALLY don't subscribe to anything like psychics, astral projection, etc..it's tough not to, I'll admit. But I can't be convinced.

But here are two other aspects of my life that my dad won't ever understand, because it seems to have come from my mom's side.

a) my mom once told me that in the 70s, her and her friend were playing on a Ouija board. Her friend and her brother had first tried, and it had told them that the devil was talking (again, I'm not religious, just repeating). My mom, being a strong Catholic and not a believer in the supernatural, decided she'd join in on the fun. According to her, she felt her finger stick and get warm really quickly on the cursor, it went dead center and stopped. It wouldn't move. When she took off her fingers, it moved slightly and then stopped. Her friends put their fingers on and asked why it wouldn't talk to her, and it said she was "protected". My dad, he's hardcore atheist (only known since I was 18years old). He admits that the board was made of a cardboard material and he could not burn it. They left it in the fire for something like 30mins. They eventually just threw it out.

Being Catholic, she understood that it meant she was protected under God. What it wrote was in Latin, and being French they went and got their latin dictionary/bible, they had to go read what it meant. I believe strongly, that, if my mother is as sane as I know her to be, as true as she is a person to me, it told her she had something protecting her, like a switch that was turned on. I think I have this partially. Ouija boards have never properly worked for me. Candles tend to go out and lights flicker when I ask stuff, but never the cursor.but has for others I know.

B) my sister has this sense of talking about some random person...someone you don't normally think of. Then, out of the blue, we will see that person within about 2-3hrs. The quickest was her talking about a girl named Sarah. Just randomly says something like "I thought about Sarah blahblah today. We lock the apartment door, get into the elevator, and as the doors open to the lobby, there is Sarah. In an apartment building lobby, in a city of about 300k. The best part? Sarah tells us within minutes that she felt compelled that this was the building she needed to be in. Her and her friends weren't convinced, and they were right. She had the wrong building.

This has happened many, many times. Also, 3 of her ex-boyfriends who had all wronged her in one way or the next, bad ways (we'll leave it at that), have all died in their 20s. They are all accounted for. One died randomly beside a car in his workplace's apartment garage. Another died alone from a drug overdose. One died after a bar fight, rolling down the edge of the parking lot and into a creek, broke his neck on a rock at the bottom.

Sorry for the gory details, but it's important to note that they're all random, and could be very coincidental. But she doesn't believe so, and she's not one to normally believe in this kind of crap.

So yeah, I have lots to say, but you're the closest I've found to someone who may actually have exactly what I have.

PEACE

Edited by machstem

• 3 years later...

I'm having the same problem recently and it's making me feel uneasy. Like you when I was a kid I saw my future because I had a strong will and I prayed earnestly which I thought helped me when a random guy taught me that whatever I ask for in the name of the Son of God it will happen. So then one night I earnestly asked to see my future and as times goes by that night I can just tell my self falling asleep, and so I woke up in my dream fully aware that I was dreaming but the feeling of it was so vivid as if it was just as real as real life. And so I was in complete darkness and I was staring at an owl I was fascinated by it because it was same height as humans and it had a very dark big eyes but u can see like stars and ship alike sparkle it it's eyes. Then all of a sudden I was kinda sacked up in its eyes for some reason I cannot fathom and I started seeing a bright film of images going really fast and playing like some kind of movies. So here I thought to my self because I was 100% aware like I was awake in my dream I knew what was happening I was seeing moments of my future, but it was happening so fast I tried to remember as much as I could. Then at the very end of that experience is something horrible I never wanna recall ever in my life that just how horrible it was. And so as time goes by because I was not able to remember everything my subconscious picked up most of the part I mean whole life  I've been having De javu experience and but I would recall after it has happened because I was not able to remember all but there as some I remembered like my sister joining the military It really came true I may not very smart but I believe everything and test everything to see weather it is true or not there are some things I learned it life that people may not believe for example the owl they worship  the the bohemian Grove is some kind of an Oracle that gives insight of future but they do not know that they are being used because they architect that kind of future to be played out by them for their own agenda. I understood this because I know myself I'm a very keen observer I spent most of my life quit I don't speak much but I seen the environment I'm living in very clearly. Now this occurrence of I would Call it "future recalls" because just like I said I only remember it after it has happened because my subconscious picked it up for me it bother some I feel uneasy like something bad is about to happen and I constantly have to deal with this everyday.