Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demons

Vivica

What do demons look like?

They can appear in any form, or take no form at all. The gargoyle sculptures on many cathedrals resemble demons, but some are more human looking, and some are handsome/beautiful. Mostly a demon gives off an atmoisphere of intense evil.You can tell when one is around by the awful scary vibes it emits and by paranormal activity in the area. The one I saw was just a pair of red glowing eyes moving along a wall.

Reptilian aliens are often mistaken for demons, but their vibe is different. Protection from both can be obtained by prayers to the Archangel (or St) Michael. He is the dragon slayer.

Edited by Lakota 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do demons look like?

There's plenty of paintings & art with demon iconography you can research; start with Hieronymus Bosch. Don't believe in them myself. I tend to believe that what we call demons are physical manifestations of our own fears & anxieties.

Perhaps if the OP were to ask more detailed questions or give more detailed information about an experience then we would be able to further help them...

Edited by Dredimus

I'm just going dump some information on you, but feel free to message me if you have any further questions.

The word demon used to simply mean a spiritual being. It had no evil connotations at first, that was later added by I believe Greek culture. Even to this day they are known as the Ancient Ones, or the Elder Ones. They were the gods of ancient time, going back even farther than the Christian god. The Babalonion god, Ishtar, is also the modern day demon Astaroth. They are beings of power and immense stores of knowledge. For centuries they were called upon to answer questions, and they still are to this day. There are tons of books on them, most false, but each has similar teachings. Be careful, be respectful. Think about it, these are timeless beings that have seen the rise and fall of civilizations, and someone comes along and tries to command them. Of course they're going to get p***ed.

A lot of the time what people see that they think are demons are actually lesser beings such as imps. In every religion the gods have had servants. Why should demons be any different. More than anything demons are intelligent and cunning, and you have to be careful talking to them. As a courtesy it is appropriate to offer something in return for a demons knowledge or assistance. The sick feeling they can give people is simply from their massive auras, which are drastically more potent than ours, and we are not used to that sort of power flux. In my opinion most of the things that demons do is out of boredom. I also think that there's a very real possibility that all ghosts or spirits as we know them are just demons having their fun.

As far as appearance, they can look however they want. Some will take the form of animal hybrids, others will take on a human guise, and some will appear as a human/animal mixture. There is one that comes to mind who's name escapes me, but he appears as a human with a ravens head. (Much like the Egyptians used to draw) They have been seen as a whole figure by those who have vast amounts of experience in summoning, but normally they will be seen in a mirror (skrying) or be seen in the way the influence smoke from incense or flame from candles.

Many people have contacted demons and found them friendly, eager to share their knowledge with someone who is open minded and respectful. They can attach to a person, and act as a guardian angel of sorts. They are not like the Christian god though, and will hurt your enemies.

Overall they are cunning, vengeful, powerful, intelligent, and old. Very old.

Something I can not stress enough when dealing with demons is RESPECT. For your own safety, do not disrespect them.

Edited by Ruil
  • Like 1

I'm just going dump some information on you, but feel free to message me if you have any further questions.

The word demon used to simply mean a spiritual being. It had no evil connotations at first, that was later added by I believe Greek culture. Even to this day they are known as the Ancient Ones, or the Elder Ones. They were the gods of ancient time, going back even farther than the Christian god. The Babalonion god, Ishtar, is also the modern day demon Astaroth. They are beings of power and immense stores of knowledge. For centuries they were called upon to answer questions, and they still are to this day. There are tons of books on them, most false, but each has similar teachings. Be careful, be respectful. Think about it, these are timeless beings that have seen the rise and fall of civilizations, and someone comes along and tries to command them. Of course they're going to get p***ed.

A lot of the time what people see that they think are demons are actually lesser beings such as imps. In every religion the gods have had servants. Why should demons be any different. More than anything demons are intelligent and cunning, and you have to be careful talking to them. As a courtesy it is appropriate to offer something in return for a demons knowledge or assistance. The sick feeling they can give people is simply from their massive auras, which are drastically more potent than ours, and we are not used to that sort of power flux. In my opinion most of the things that demons do is out of boredom. I also think that there's a very real possibility that all ghosts or spirits as we know them are just demons having their fun.

As far as appearance, they can look however they want. Some will take the form of animal hybrids, others will take on a human guise, and some will appear as a human/animal mixture. There is one that comes to mind who's name escapes me, but he appears as a human with a ravens head. (Much like the Egyptians used to draw) They have been seen as a whole figure by those who have vast amounts of experience in summoning, but normally they will be seen in a mirror (skrying) or be seen in the way the influence smoke from incense or flame from candles.

Many people have contacted demons and found them friendly, eager to share their knowledge with someone who is open minded and respectful. They can attach to a person, and act as a guardian angel of sorts. They are not like the Christian god though, and will hurt your enemies.

Something I can not stress enough when dealing with demons is RESPECT. For your own safety, do not disrespect them.

I need to correct myself in saying, it was the ROMAN CATHOLICS that gave the word demon it's "evil" connotations. The Greeks used to consider them protectors of their household.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Ruil for adding something of intelligence to the topic. I'm just going to elaborate a little.

In the Christian sense of order, I find many people get confused between demons and devils. The pecking order goes as such; devils who are the angels who were cast out of heaven during the war and demons: their workers. Demons can be dangerous because they never have been an angel or purer being and as Ruil said there intentions are often selfish but they have free will as much as you or I do. Most are intelligent, cunning and unforgiving but also associable. They exist in a world of sin obviously so most of their actions are defined by that. They are talented bargainers and love a good gamble. And many of them are driven by desire and want, often sexual which can make them hard to deal with and vulgar.

Appearance wise they aren't much more than an energy in their natural state but depending on the amount of power they're given, they often form in a halfling type manner, usually hermaphroditic. Depends on the purpose, who their master is, etc. The main message, once again thank you Ruil for this, is that they do not like to be undermined. If you call upon one, they will be doing you a favour by showing up. Never be in their debt, and above all, respect them.

The word ''demon'' is associated with evil because of the modern education and spiritual limitation.

As stated above , if you want to summon a demon first and most important thing is to RESPECT them , and as i can tell from my experience they are friendly and willing to help if asked correctly.

The main reason people say the never leave you , is because once a spiritual connection is established with a demon , it can never be closed in any way.

About seeing them , if the summoners will to communicate with them is high enough , you will be able to see one in physical form , most of them having human aspect , but mostly you can see them in dreams.

As BlackDahlia said , once a connection is made with a demon it will behave like some sort of guardian , harming people you dislike.

The sick feeling people experience is because of the huge amounts of energy of a demon , energy which our body isn't used to.

For more informations you can just PM me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In my opinion, demons and angels are basically the same thing. An being is niether born or dead, who resides in the afterlife or Astral Plane or Alternative Dimension like we do in our world. They have intentions and motivations. Demon and Angel is a catagorization we place on these beings, like those who show tendiousy to be evil are called demons. Angels are those who show tendiousy to be beneloviant. You kind get the picture. Permenant residents of the Afterlife or Astral Plane or Alternative Dimension.

Edited by Phox

The one god with a Raven had you are refering too is Anubus. He is the Caretaker of the Underworld.

• 4 weeks later...

This information comes from generations of witch doctors, as far as I perceive it is as accurate as possible for these entities.

Demons are in every sense of the word angels, but they are angels of an opposite force.

Source:

In this universe there are 2 great beings with energy and force unrivaled by any others. They are the greater good, and the greater evil(pick your poison on what you wish to call them). Each of the greatest of there kind can create and destroy there own angels. They never choose to destroy them though. Some angels have been around almost as long as there creators. In essence the source of evil is the greatest evil, the source of good is the greatest good.

Dark angels have been around since the beginning of time just as light angels. THEY ARE NOT BORN, THEY ARE CREATED. They are not human, they did not have a past life, they live one long truly immortal life. Some demons are younger than others, they are not all the same age.

Power:

Dark angels aka Demons are not from this plane and are generally forbidden from entering it, just as divine angels are. When you invite them here your invitation is permanent but there power is not. Think of there power as being on batteries, once they run out they must return home to recharge but they will always come back. Divine angels in effect have the same issue, except that they do not need an invitation from you to enter this plane. What they need is a reason worthy and justifiable of a divine angel having to interfere. Because there is no invitation and they invite themselves they can only remain here as long as there immediate reason is still pending, once it is complete they MUST return home. So again all angels power comes from HOME, not humans, not fear, and this explains why at times it seems that demon has left the victim and several months later its like it never left.. He went and recharged and came right back.

Rules:

All angels have rules/codes to exist by. The exact codes are unknown but generally speaking divine angels must act as such, and dark angels must act as such AT ALL TIMES. This does not mean that demons must be gross, or rude, it just means that they must be deceitful, and generally be plotting your very demise. Ex: you bump into a demon, but its actually not rude, and is quite handsome, but you know by the deals he's offering he's just setting a trap for you and seeing if you'll fall for it.

Appearance:

There is no predetermined way any angel should appear. There is no uniform, there is no goal, demons do not have to look like minotaurs(lol). Actually, they dont even have to appear to you at all.

Intelligence:

Humans have been at the top of the food chain for thousands of years and we consider ourselves the smartest animal species on earth. Both Divine and Dark angels have been in existence for millions of years and consider us brain dead. Hopefully you can picture how much smarter they are than us by that phrase.

There are ways to remove both of them from this realm, there are ways to remove both of them from an attached person or place.

These methods I will not discuss as they are part of my family secrets and I wish not compromise them.

I almost want to liken the New Testament as basically a survival manual against Satan and his kingdom of Darkness. Satan deceives and invades every pocket of our lives arresting souls into misguided lives. Steal, Kill, and Destroy. He is sniping us off. The enemy is powerful. We need the blood of Christ and Holy Spirit-led lives to stand victorious. Then... there is hope for all with a relationship built with God.

Mark my words, Satan is a terror, he is licking his lips at the spit. Dont mettle with demons, you might find yourself and family under demonic siege.

I almost want to liken the New Testament as basically a survival manual against Satan and his kingdom of Darkness. Satan deceives and invades every pocket of our lives arresting souls into misguided lives. Steal, Kill, and Destroy. He is sniping us off. The enemy is powerful. We need the blood of Christ and Holy Spirit-led lives to stand victorious. Then... there is hope for all with a relationship built with God.

Mark my words, Satan is a terror, he is licking his lips at the spit. Dont mettle with demons, you might find yourself and family under demonic siege.

Thank you for your input Ghost story. While I decline to believe in the bible I do not decline to show you respect for choosing your own beliefs.

Can you please go more into detail as to what Christianity has to say about demons? (Dont preach to us, just give us the facts of what it is you guys believe of these beings)

Thank you for your input Ghost story. While I decline to believe in the bible I do not decline to show you respect for choosing your own beliefs.

Can you please go more into detail as to what Christianity has to say about demons? (Dont preach to us, just give us the facts of what it is you guys believe of these beings)

The battlines are drawn, Satan seeks to take captive every soul and undermine the faith and Scriptural authority. If he succeeds in that, he has won half the battle.

Demons are not the spirits of dead men, or of some pre-Adamite race, as some argue, for the spirits of the human dead are not free to roam but are confined and under punishment. Nor are demons merely personifications of evil, or of natural forces, such as the "gods" of nature, as skeptics assume. Nor are demons the superstitious designation for particular natural diseases, such as epilepsy or mental illness, because Scripture clearly distinguishes these disorders from demon possession, although it is possible that both can be present or that demon possession could induce mental illness. Demons are fallen angels who are now irredeemably corrupted. Demons are set in their ways and have no opportunity for redemption. Thus they will eventually be cast forever into the lake of fire. This may explain why they responded to Jesus with fear and derision. For example, "What do I have to do with you Jesus, Son of the most high God?" . And, "Have you come to torment us before our time?" .

These evil angels are morally corrupted spirits who are in rebellion against God. Their rebellion was led by Satan and resulted in their fall and expulsion from heaven. As a result they became destructive, self-centered creatures who seek to thwart the purposes of God and Christ .

One of the demons’ principal ploys is to deceive people through false religion or deceptive miracles and thereby blind people to spiritual truth.

However, it must never be forgotten that Satan and demons are only creatures who are ultimately constrained by the sovereign power and purpose of God. When needed, the Christian has power over them because Christ Himself was victorious over Satan at the Cross. Jesus proved His complete power over demons, often casting demons out of people, and He commanded His disciples to do the same.

Using the Bible to catalog the powers and abilities of angels in general would give us a glimpse into their capacities, which would also help us discern the abilities of demons as corrupted angels. The following list indicates the capacities or methods of fallen angels in general. Some listings refer to the good angels to indicate that fallen angels would probably also have these abilities.

1. Power to torment.

2. Immense power; four angels are released to kill one-third of mankind.

3. Considerable influence; the world is said to be greatly affected by Satan’s power.

4. Purposeful deception.

5. Disguised as good spirits.

6. A particular number of rebellious angels now confined

7. Producing insanity

Edited by Sainty

• 4 months later...

I am sorry, but every demon Ive meet is harmful. I have shown them respect and disrespect. Ive always gotten the same reaction. Not all demons think like a person.Some are like parasites; they "jump" people and possess them to kill other humans.

Demons are evil because they reject the will of The Creator - Almighty God. They hate all of humanity. Don't seek them out for any reason. Don't interact with them for any reason. If you are plagued by demons seek sanctuary and help from Jesus of Nazareth who is the Christ.

what is there to know about demons? like what r there weaknesses? can they be trusted? who created them? just everything from the beginning to now please tell me im very curious...

I really wish I didn't have to say so... but demons aren't real.

• Like 2

Let's just go back to what the OP meant with demons. It is a very broad and vague topic

coz now the topic has spiralled out of control. lol.

Demons, if they are real, are lamewads. I mean seriously - they are the emissaries of Satan and imbued with all his fearsome power and all they can really do are paltry parlour tricks. They can show up as weak EVPs, make things go bump in the night - maybe even throw the odd object or two. Don;t you think that if demons were real they'd be a bit more interested in scaring the hell out of everyone in a big, and very bad way?

If a demon showed up at the Wal-Mart and started lighting people on fire or tossing cars around in the parking lot I'd be genuinely frightened. But the pansy-assed tripe that is usually cited as evidence for demons? Give me a break.

Demons are make-believe, end of story. If they were real - they'd be scarier and causing a lot more problems.

• Like 1

Demons, if they are real, are lamewads. I mean seriously - they are the emissaries of Satan and imbued with all his fearsome power and all they can really do are paltry parlour tricks. They can show up as weak EVPs, make things go bump in the night - maybe even throw the odd object or two. Don;t you think that if demons were real they'd be a bit more interested in scaring the hell out of everyone in a big, and very bad way?

If a demon showed up at the Wal-Mart and started lighting people on fire or tossing cars around in the parking lot I'd be genuinely frightened. But the pansy-assed tripe that is usually cited as evidence for demons? Give me a break.

Demons are make-believe, end of story. If they were real - they'd be scarier and causing a lot more problems.

Demons are engaged in a spiritual war with the Christ, deception, lies, and half-truths are some of their greatest weapons especially when they have the power to enslave whole civilizations and governments and masses of individuals to do their will.

Why assassinate people with fire or toss cars about when they are already slaying masses of people with genocides and tortures? Whose to say Satan didnt raise up Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, etc?

Nah, the sceptic confesses, that's just human nature. Human nature keeps mass-producing mass killers. Nonetheless, mass murders and torture occurs on a daily basis. Nah, the sceptic confesses, humans are just inheritantly bad and ironically can often rise to positions of power.

• Like 1

Demons are engaged in a spiritual war with the Christ, deception, lies, and half-truths are some of their greatest weapons especially when they have the power to enslave whole civilizations and governments and masses of individuals to do their will.

Why assassinate people with fire or toss cars about when they are already slaying masses of people with genocides and tortures? Whose to say Satan didnt raise up Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, etc?

Nah, the sceptic confesses, that's just human nature. Human nature keeps mass-producing mass killers. Nonetheless, mass murders and torture occurs on a daily basis. Nah, the sceptic confesses, humans are just inheritantly bad and ironically can often rise to positions of power.

Tsk, tsk... evidence anyone?

• Like 2

:rolleyes:

You can laugh it off... but again... *snip* baseless assertions.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
- name calling removed - You can make your point without resorting to name calling.

You know what - you could be right. But don't you think it is dangerous to basically exonerate all these horrible mass murderers by asserting that they were under the influence of demons? Your beliefs take all accountability out of the hands of the individual. And as has been pointed out - where can I look for actual proof that demons are responsible for these atrocities? You are asking us to basically give mass murderers a pass because they were in the thrall of demons AND you are asking for people to believe blindly all manner of things for which there is NO PROOF. Not a shred.

My brain won't do that.

You know what - you could be right. But don't you think it is dangerous to basically exonerate all these horrible mass murderers by asserting that they were under the influence of demons? Your beliefs take all accountability out of the hands of the individual. And as has been pointed out - where can I look for actual proof that demons are responsible for these atrocities? You are asking us to basically give mass murderers a pass because they were in the thrall of demons AND you are asking for people to believe blindly all manner of things for which there is NO PROOF. Not a shred.

My brain won't do that.

Dont worry, I aint giving anyone a free pass at all but am saying the world in itself is evidence of demonic influences... and human sin and weakness.

• Like 1