Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demons

Vivica

ch920406.gif
  • Like 2

I don't believe in Hell or the devil, so I don't believe in the standard definition of 'demons.' In my opinion, "demonic" activity can be explained as one of the following: mental illness, physical manifestation of negative feelings (similar to poltergeists) or an evil spirit/residual energy of an evil soul.

I was raised Roman Catholic, for what it's worth. I just don't think there's evidence of a horned being living in some fiery dimension and guiding his minions to wreak havoc upon living souls.

Edited by the_twilightzone

The power of manipulation is thier key. They also seem to be lazy, or at least very devious.

In one theory, demons are believed to be disembodied spirits of Nephilims.

Demons are in the mind, nothing more.

In one theory, demons are believed to be disembodied spirits of Nephilims.

Demons are in the mind, nothing more.

The main issue that i see here, is that we are discussing supposed entities that predate christianity through from a decidedly christian standpoint. I have my own thoughts on demons and demonology, and, the fact that they work for satan just doesnt work with my beliefs. By all means though more power to you guys.

Okay, ill try to answer your questions:

As far as I can tell, demons have always been here. Some creation stories claim they were here before man was.

Thier weakness? Depends on the nature of the demon.

Water demon- Earth like sage, salt

Fire demon- holy water

Earth- never meet one yet, but Im thinking fire, and water- electrical devices maybe a taser? holy water

Air- Earth

Demons are engaged in a spiritual war with the Christ, deception, lies, and half-truths are some of their greatest weapons especially when they have the power to enslave whole civilizations and governments and masses of individuals to do their will.

Why assassinate people with fire or toss cars about when they are already slaying masses of people with genocides and tortures? Whose to say Satan didnt raise up Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, etc?

Nah, the sceptic confesses, that's just human nature. Human nature keeps mass-producing mass killers. Nonetheless, mass murders and torture occurs on a daily basis. Nah, the sceptic confesses, humans are just inheritantly bad and ironically can often rise to positions of power.

So no need for demons then. It seems humans are bad enough without them. We are our own demons. Why pass the blame to some despot character lurking in the back of our minds. Why not take responsibility for human deeds and call it what it is... Human misdeeds. I'm with orange on this one. Why stupid parlor tricks. Why torment people when they are sleeping? Why sharp claws, teeth, a tail and horns? Did the evolve these things? Do they eat meat? Do they horn Each other during demonic mateing while fighting to win their mate. Do they need extra balance for jumping around?

Why posses little girls. Why not the president? Hell one could posses the leader of Russia another china then just start a Nuk war.

If demons exist the way some people make then out to, they are pretty stupid. I could do a hell of a lot more damage with demonic powers than they do. And no, I would not be wasting my time with teenagers and ouji boards. I might however hop on line and try to convince people I font exist............mmmmuuuuuhahahah!!!

• Like 1

Snip

Edited by Seeker79

So no need for demons then. It seems humans are bad enough without them. We are our own demons. Why pass the blame to some despot character lurking in the back of our minds. Why not take responsibility for human deeds and call it what it is... Human misdeeds. I'm with orange on this one. Why stupid parlor tricks. Why torment people when they are sleeping? Why sharp claws, teeth, a tail and horns? Did the evolve these things? Do they eat meat? Do they horn Each other during demonic mateing while fighting to win their mate. Do they need extra balance for jumping around?

What we see in the world is perfectly consistent with there existing both demonic evil and human evil.

Humans have incomplete knowledge, or worse yet, they think they understand more about the demonic world then they do. The real error is thinking demons are the puppets and some "clever, esoteric" humans the puppet masters. That is the deception, and those that fall for it will be grossly disappointed in the end.

Why posses little girls. Why not the president? Hell one could posses the leader of Russia another china then just start a Nuk war.

If demons exist the way some people make then out to, they are pretty stupid. I could do a hell of a lot more damage with demonic powers than they do. And no, I would not be wasting my time with teenagers and ouji boards. I might however hop on line and try to convince people I font exist............mmmmuuuuuhahahah!!!

Given their clear hatred for humanity it appears they are restrained. Now you can follow that up with more irrelevant "whys".

What we see in the world is perfectly consistent with there existing both demonic evil and human evil.

Humans have incomplete knowledge, or worse yet, they think they understand more about the demonic world then they do. The real error is thinking demons are the puppets and some "clever, esoteric" humans the puppet masters. That is the deception, and those that fall for it will be grossly disappointed in the end.

Given their clear hatred for humanity it appears they are restrained. Now you can follow that up with more irrelevant "whys".

They are very relevant. The funny thing is that, I'm not a skeptic of the spiritual world. I do believe in the spirit world, I have been there many times. I don't see evidence for Demons existing their either beyond human manifestation of fear. I have had loads of success with helping people to overcome "demonic activity" by teaching them to be personally responsible for their experiences.

There simply is no reason to believe in demons. The dynamics of the spirit world does not allow for spiritual evil. In fact what is perceived as spiritual evil is really personal born fear. The very reason why demons could not operate in the spirit world is the very reason why we create them.....

• Like 1

They are very relevant. The funny thing is that, I'm not a skeptic of the spiritual world. I do believe in the spirit world, I have been there many times. I don't see evidence for Demons existing their either beyond human manifestation of fear. I have had loads of success with helping people to overcome "demonic activity" by teaching them to be personally responsible for their experiences.

There simply is no reason to believe in demons. The dynamics of the spirit world does not allow for spiritual evil. In fact what is perceived as spiritual evil is really personal born fear. The very reason why demons could not operate in the spirit world is the very reason why we create them.....

There is no reason to believe the spiritual entities you have experienced have been fully honest either.

Dont worry, I aint giving anyone a free pass at all but am saying the world in itself is evidence of demonic influences... and human sin and weakness.

The "world" is the evidence? I am going to have to call BS on that one. You can't say the whole world is evidence for demons. That doesn't even make sense.

The "world" is the evidence? I am going to have to call BS on that one. You can't say the whole world is evidence for demons. That doesn't even make sense.

Because evil, immorality, and crimes (including against humanity) is such the social norm that the wool has been pulled over the disbeliever's eyes. Why is there so much suffering, poverty, disease, atrocities, and injustice in this world? Because we dont have enough wealth to spread around? Not enough time? Not enough love? Not enough concern? Not enough action? Do we just process this information in a sterile and emotionally distant manner UNTIL the moment it encroaches on our front door.

Just pick up a newspaper, it is full of horror stories that tell us what is wrong with this world.

• Like 3

Because evil, immorality, and crimes (including against humanity) is such the social norm that the wool has been pulled over the disbeliever's eyes. Why is there so much suffering, poverty, disease, atrocities, and injustice in this world? Because we dont have enough wealth to spread around? Not enough time? Not enough love? Not enough concern? Not enough action? Do we just process this information in a sterile and emotionally distant manner UNTIL the moment it encroaches on our front door.

Just pick up a newspaper, it is full of horror stories that tell us what is wrong with this world.

What utter bull**** (as usual).

I don't even know where to begin with this one.

They exist.

I don't believe, I KNOW.

They're evil.

They were created by God as all things were, and just like Satan, turned evil to become his followers. They are in essence, the exact opposite of angels yet some have equal power. They are not to be trusted, or invoked. When possession or physical (including psychic) attacks are concerned, the only thing that will work is prayer. However, the more potent, the harder it is. I have experience in this and lets just say, I wish it upon no one.

.....If you gaze too long and hard into the abyss, the abyss gazes back into you.

I learnt that the hard way.

• Like 2

The world has become a truly ugly place. I would be foolish to argue against that true fact. The things you mention - the suffering, the poverty, the disease, the atrocities are all totally real. They exist - there is evidence for them. And you can trace all of those horrible things back to their sources - which also exist in reality. Nowhere in any of that reality, however is there any evidence that demons are causing it.

People, each with their own selfishness, hopes, fears, dreams, biases, and desires cause all these horrible things. Each person, powerful or powerless in his or her own sphere, making mistakes, having success - living a life. People are inexorably complex, and when you start grouping people together, often their selfishness becomes the overriding factor. There aren't demons behind this, but rather a planet full of billions of individually complex people, each trying to survive. Demons are an oversimplification, fabricated and perpetuated by people who can't wrap their head around the bigger picture of a world teeming with humans, each effecting each other in positive or conversely, sometimes unfortunately horrific and tragic ways. Demons are also about diverting attention from the imperfect nature of humanity. Its much easier to blame some outside source of evil, than to recognize that we EACH are capable of potential atrocity ourselves. That we EACH could easily be the monster serial killer on the news. The edge is always closer than you think it is. The answer is not outside of us, but within us. Be a monster, or be a savior, it is all about individual choice - but don't blame imaginary supernatural forces for it. That is simply irresponsible.

Edited for syntax...

Edited by orangepeaceful79
  • Like 2

I agree with the fact that humans tend to be destructive, but it is like a war with ourselves and our bad side has some extra help. Only a few of us catch on. Im not saying that most of the population is stupid or dumb, what I am saying is demons are dam* good at hiding thier actions. They encourage us to think when we think "It is only my imagination" or "Just the wind."

• Like 1

There is no reason to believe the spiritual entities you have experienced have been fully honest either.

It has nothing to do with that. I am not empowered by them. I am empowered by myself. I did not discover these things because some entity told me. I discovered this through trial and error, experimentation, practice, and careful recording of my mental states and how they affect me. I have struggled with "demonic" entities before only to discover I was struggling with myself. Change the sponsoring emotions of fear and "demons" dry up. They exist as minifestations in more ways than a dozen ways, but ultimately are mindless and only have the power you assign them. You are a creative being.... Be careful what you create, you might not like it. In the spirit world we don't have that pesky thing called matter to deal with. Only thoughts. Unfortunately man is part animal and struggling to overcome the lizard brain is a monumental task. Only when Somone takes total responsibility for all their thoughts and emotions do they start to become free of the clouds of fear we create.

Other beings out there are only trying to wake us up. Ever try to wake up a sleeping teenager. Yup he needs a lot of prodding and occasionally a dose of cold water. I find it so....so.... Disconcerting that there is this completely uninformed, unexperienced, erroneous attitude that other beings are deceitful.

As I have explained, uncontrolled thoughts and emotions reek Havock. There are only two sponsoring emotions. All others are subsets of the two. Fear and Love. Fear creates dullusion love calms and clears. Deciete, evil, malevolence are fear based manifestations. Any being in spirit with these things is a pitiful sight. All you have to do is open your eyes and you can see it manifest in this world. It's hell in the spirit.

If demons exist, they are not spiritual beings. They would have to be some sort of physical animal. They don't exist in spirit. Those claiming to have experienced them are basically creating nightmares by not taking responsibility for their own fear and thoughts.

The prime example of this when the buhdda defeated Mara. I have done this meditation before, and stood my ground against the onslaught of the lizard brain. Hell and the demons in it is a state not a place or actual entities... I know. I have been there. Now all "demons" cower before me. I'm still human so I still have irrational fears, but they manifest as worries for my family and the earth.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

what is there to know about demons? like what r there weaknesses? can they be trusted? who created them? just everything from the beginning to now please tell me im very curious...

The origin of Demons is a very complicated topic. The common belief, if you are a religous person is that they are agents of the Devil or Satan that wander the earth looking to corrupt souls and use them. This is why you see all the crazy exorsist movies out there. Demons have names and they can also come in groups (I.E. Legion.) They are very powerful spirits that have more aptitude to effect the physical world with their actions. They are also very scary and should not be meddled with. I'm almost positive I've had to deal with one, and it wasn't very fun.

They can posess houses, people and objects if you so invite them to do so, and they will make very strange occurences happen that aren't consistent with a "normal" haunting... In short, don't mess with them.

However, I have heard some other interesting things about a demon named "Zozo" that inhabits an ouija board (though I haven't brought up the courage to try it myself) it is said that this entity frequently appears throughout multiple ouija board sessions. I also haven't believed many of the claims that come through that chain of research. There's plenty of books out there, and I'm sure you'll run into a Demonologist or two on here that might know more than I do... I just know not to mess with them.

What do demons look like?

I've heard they can take many forms... but in their true form? I imagine they're some pretty ugly sons a b****es.

On a side note: This threat is the perfect time to crank some Iron Maiden.... Number of the Beast, GO!

I don't even know where to begin with this one.

They exist.

I don't believe, I KNOW.

They're evil.

They were created by God as all things were, and just like Satan, turned evil to become his followers. They are in essence, the exact opposite of angels yet some have equal power. They are not to be trusted, or invoked. When possession or physical (including psychic) attacks are concerned, the only thing that will work is prayer. However, the more potent, the harder it is. I have experience in this and lets just say, I wish it upon no one.

.....If you gaze too long and hard into the abyss, the abyss gazes back into you.

I learnt that the hard way.

Um... *sighs*

Evidence?

The origin of Demons is a very complicated topic. The common belief, if you are a religous person is that they are agents of the Devil or Satan that wander the earth looking to corrupt souls and use them. This is why you see all the crazy exorsist movies out there. Demons have names and they can also come in groups (I.E. Legion.) They are very powerful spirits that have more aptitude to effect the physical world with their actions. They are also very scary and should not be meddled with. I'm almost positive I've had to deal with one, and it wasn't very fun.

They can posess houses, people and objects if you so invite them to do so, and they will make very strange occurences happen that aren't consistent with a "normal" haunting... In short, don't mess with them.

However, I have heard some other interesting things about a demon named "Zozo" that inhabits an ouija board (though I haven't brought up the courage to try it myself) it is said that this entity frequently appears throughout multiple ouija board sessions. I also haven't believed many of the claims that come through that chain of research. There's plenty of books out there, and I'm sure you'll run into a Demonologist or two on here that might know more than I do... I just know not to mess with them.

Fascinating. Care to back it up?

Um... *sighs*

Evidence?

Fascinating. Care to back it up?

First off, from my own post, the best answer I can give you is be careful what you wish for. Asking for evidence in this subject is asking for someone to open the door for you when you yourself have no idea what is on the other side and you have no ability to close it by yourself when things turn sour. I will not feed your intrigue based on skepticism, the outcome is too dangerous and I will not open that door for anyone that is not prepared.

As it stands, most of your questions are easily answerable by reading the bible, and quite frankly if you don't believe in that you're never gonna believe in the supernatural. You are asking for physical proof on the existence of a non-physical world. I suggest you figure out exactly where your interest or concern stems from. Otherwise I can't help you.

As for the other question...

I completely agree with everything DarthDude said regarding demons. If there is one thing I've learnt in the recent years is that it doesn't matter how much you teach someone, if the student is unwilling to embrace the notion that its in fact truth, nothing will come of it. All I can advise, is for you to research and come to your own conclusions.

Thankyou. It is a relief to see somebody with the sense and courage to put this so plainly.