Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demons

Vivica

The word 'Daimon' means knowledge. Not sure if thats Greek or not. But thats where the word demon comes from.

• Like 1

The word 'Daimon' means knowledge. Not sure if thats Greek or not. But thats where the word demon comes from.

Thank you! you've provided actual information about demons. Or at least the word "demon".

I don't know, but I think a lot of people saw a demon at that Colorado theater massacre.

Reason number 276 ,why to not bother answering these questions,which sucks for the OP.

I've never seen a goertia demon,to my knowledge,but if you had gone and actually read any of their summoning forms,you would know why i said what i did.

And I HAVE seen "demons",more than once .

Just because you can't see them,doesn't mean other people are as boring.

And I've used goertia demons in my rituals. I'm particularly fond of Lerajie ,and one of my cats was named for Astaroth ,but I've been versed in goertia demons for over 20 years .

Interesting. I still say it's bull****. Please prove that I'm wrong. If you really believe what you're saying, then there should be no problem demonstrating it to me.

• Like 1

Actually, the Greek δαίμων (daimon) literally translates as "god, goddess, divinity, djinn". The Latin form is daemon.

Reason number 276 ,why to not bother answering these questions,which sucks for the OP.

I've never seen a goertia demon,to my knowledge,but if you had gone and actually read any of their summoning forms,you would know why i said what i did.

And I HAVE seen "demons",more than once .

Just because you can't see them,doesn't mean other people are as boring.

And I've used goertia demons in my rituals. I'm particularly fond of Lerajie ,and one of my cats was named for Astaroth ,but I've been versed in goertia demons for over 20 years .

I find it interesting too that you claim to have "used goertia demons in [your] rituals", and yet you seem to be blissfully unaware of the fact that it is GOETIA, not "goertia". Where did the "R" come from? Did a demon put it there, perhaps?

• Like 1

Actually, the Greek δαίμων (daimon) literally translates as "god, goddess, divinity, djinn". The Latin form is daemon.

oh thanks for the correction...

• 3 weeks later...

where is ruil getting his information from ? is there a documentary or some sorts? demons guardian angels? what the hell? what is the whole point of exorsisms then?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe in demons becuase I was brought up to believe them, through my christian faith. As to what they look like, well if you are christian, they are actually angels that have fallen from Gods favor, so essentually they look like angels, infact Satan was considered one of the most beutiful angels that exists. Once agian this is just a christian view, so I would say no you cannot trust a demon at all. Now there are similarities to alot of demons and other faiths, such as the babelon God was a snake, and the fallen angel turned into a snake to fool Eve in eating the apple. Also Lucifer is actually a pagan word for morning star, which corolates with Venus. Once agian this is my belief as a christian, it does not mean that what I believe is complete truth, nor does it mean that it is false, it's what I believe, nothing more. To all the people who keep chanting for proof, you know very well there isn't, however there is no proof that it doesn't exist either(comes down to the whole belief thing agian, you can either believe, or not, so don't push you're beliefs on others, and for the record, why are you on UM and in this form to begin with if you don't believe?).

• Like 1

My $.02

Demons are merely predatory beings who feed on the release of human energy. This energy is best released through emotional outbursts and/or sustained fear. As anyone knows, fear can be draining. So can strife. So what do we find in homes possessed by demons, or for that matter, people associated *[*more on that below] with them? Strife and fear.

I think they are just beings who devour energy. Parasites. They excell in reading the human mind and playing it like a fiddle to elicit fear and strife. Then they set the table and feast. Adolescent people are the most "attractive" to them because adolescents are like ripe fruit: abundant with excess energy and most definitely capable of creating strife in their own lives and the lives of their family members. The perfect target for the most bounty.

Actual full-blown possessions are quite bombasitic. * But on an everyday basis, demons follow the footsteps and thoughts of men everywhere they go on a much more subtle scale. They attach themselves to people through their vulnerabilities. And they waylay well laid plans by exquisitely subtle coercion at times. The best description of this I've ever seen is a book called The Screwtape Letters. It's about a seasoned demon schooling his nephew in the art of snagging human souls through devious influence.

The solution to get rid of them is to starve them out by developing a strong light spiritual stance and to laugh at them in a nonchalant way. And to mean it. Create lighthearted chat and jokes about their presence in your life. Ban together with others affected by them and all have a good giggle at their expense. It's like pouring water on a fire. When you realize they are just parasites feeding off of emotional outbursts, it shrinks them down to what they really are.

I should add something more here. If a possession has been longstanding, the entity will be quite spoiled and lazy. Like a child who is having its free-cookie supply threatened, it will lash out quite amazingly at first. That is because having been fed for so long, so well, it is strong, healthy and fat. This is why most exorcisims fail and the offender comes back. Intially the light energy used to drive it away dissipates as the family goes back to old ruts. It is up to the family themselves to develop not just a temporary spirituality, but a permanent one. Longstanding possessions are difficult because the demon knows everyone's every thought. This is why you can't just talk the talk. You have to walk the walk. You also have to solicit aide from invisible forces of light beings to help you maintain your starvation vigil. Have the strongest members of your family create a bubble of golden light energy like a globe, surrounding each member of the family, the property, the possessions, friends, pets etc. [because they will attack you through surrogates if they have to]. Do this by simple meditation in a place not in the center of strife. Maintain this invisible structure through regular meditation. Over time, your spoiled brat will start to get skinny, and weaker. Just keep it up and eventually it will go off in search of easier pickin's.

Edited by SSilhouette

The reality of dæmons is not quite as romantic as one would wish I'm afraid.

Dæmons along with angels, devils, gods, djinn, etc. are all ancient archetypal imagery embedded deep within our unconsciousness and brought to the surface consciousness through symbology. We create them, we empower them, we destroy them.

• Like 1

Well to be fair, we create all that we see through intending. Otherwise the world would be chaotic and shifting, like it is for infants before they have been guided in what to select to perceive and what to discard...including the presence of other beings in our dimension..

But now that we're here, we need practical advice for dealing with what we've created. The problem is that no one individual created this matrix. We all have, and others. So it really is "real" in that sense because there is a fierce and unbending intent to maintain the status quo. That being said, refer to my last post.

Demons are merely predatory beings who feed on the release of human energy. This energy is best released through emotional outbursts and/or sustained fear.

I think they are just beings who devour energy.

What energy, exactly, are they feeding on? Is it radiant? Light? Kinetic?

What energy, exactly, are they feeding on? Is it radiant? Light? Kinetic?

Being demons have escaped scientific analysis so far . . . your guess is as good as mine :whistle:

""What energy, exactly, are they feeding on? Is it radiant? Light? Kinetic?"

For some reason the quote feature doesn't work on the reply clipboard? Anyway, to answer the question:

I don't know other than the type of energy that can be photographed around people? Aura? Matter is energy so perhaps this is a question for physicists? All I know is that we are energetic beings. You know how it feels to be low on energy, drained. The metabolic process of our cells creates energy that we use to move around. Where does that energy go? How is it channeled? Maybe they know more about this than we do?

""What energy, exactly, are they feeding on? Is it radiant? Light? Kinetic?"

For some reason the quote feature doesn't work on the reply clipboard? Anyway, to answer the question:

I don't know other than the type of energy that can be photographed around people? Aura? Matter is energy so perhaps this is a question for physicists? All I know is that we are energetic beings. You know how it feels to be low on energy, drained. The metabolic process of our cells creates energy that we use to move around. Where does that energy go? How is it channeled? Maybe they know more about this than we do?

Well, that's the problem then, isn't it? You say they feed off of energy, which would make them beings of energy, which is somethig we can measure. But you don't really have any data to back it up, your only explanation is that maybe they are something we don't know about...

This being the case, how can you to say that although there is no empirical evidence to suggest that they exist, no way or confirming or susbstantiating any of the claims to the affirmative, you still believe 100% that they exist?

Edited by Maestro

Well, that's the problem then, isn't it? You say they feed off of energy, which would make them beings of energy, which is somethig we can measure. But you don't really have any data to back it up, your only explanation is that maybe they are something we don't know about..

No problem at all. You're assuming we know all there is to know. Which of course we don't. Your deductions remind me of people who deduced the world was flat because the horizon looked flat. How do we know they exist? Hmm... I'm tempted to tell you to get an Ouji board, and summon a demon up in your home; and wait. When the pots and pans start flying around the house and you find your pet cat suspened in the air by it's tail with nothing attached to it, then perhaps you'll believe the thousands of accounts through history of same or similar happenings.

These people afflicted are really suffering. So for the sake of a pragmatic remedy, we suspend belief or disbelief temporarily and offer whatever we can to ease their suffering...whatever works. Like medicine. There was a time too when bacteria didn't exist because nobody could "measure" them. Then came the microscope. In the future perhaps we can use things we don't even know about now to see other beings. Like tuning into a radio station we only have one channel for so far.

• Like 1

.Deleted

Edited by ealdwita

No problem at all. You're assuming we know all there is to know. Which of course we don't. Your deductions remind me of people who deduced the world was flat because the horizon looked flat. How do we know they exist? Hmm... I'm tempted to tell you to get an Ouji board, and summon a demon up in your home; and wait. When the pots and pans start flying around the house and you find your pet cat suspened in the air by it's tail with nothing attached to it, then perhaps you'll believe the thousands of accounts through history of same or similar happenings.

These people afflicted are really suffering. So for the sake of a pragmatic remedy, we suspend belief or disbelief temporarily and offer whatever we can to ease their suffering...whatever works. Like medicine. There was a time too when bacteria didn't exist because nobody could "measure" them. Then came the microscope. In the future perhaps we can use things we don't even know about now to see other beings. Like tuning into a radio station we only have one channel for so far.

Well, without getting into it too much, no one really believed the world was flat. Sailors have known for thousands of years that the earth is not flat. Most people, actually, knew that. 12.2 miles is the horizon, and sailors would notice the mast of ships being visible although the boat wasn't any longer, for a very long time. In essence, the whole, "people thought the earth was flat" thing is a phallacy.

Also, I have used, and continue to use Ouija boards fairly regularly as a party game, and to show people how they don't work. Just for s&g, try blindfolding someone and asking them to use it (hint: it all comes out as gibberish). I have never in all my years had one negative experience with a Ouija board, nor have any of the people I have used one with.

While I agree that science is not some oracle that has the answers to everything, it is the best tool we as human beings have for understanding causality.

The problem, as it were, with trying to explain something for which no evidence exists, by using evidentiary terms, is that you have to find external validation for something that is by and large an internally held belief. Or to be less prosaic, trying to explain something which has no physical prescence, by using terms which describe the physical world, is, by definition, impossible. To say that demons are energy beings that feed off of energy, but some type of unknown energy that can neither been seen or measured, falls into the realm of myth, not fact.

Edited by Maestro
  • Like 1

Well, without getting into it too much, no one really believed the world was flat. Sailors have known for thousands of years that the earth is not flat. Most people, actually, knew that. 12.2 miles is the horizon, and sailors would notice the mast of ships being visible although the boat wasn't any longer, for a very long time. In essence, the whole, "people thought the earth was flat" thing is a phallacy.

Also, I have used, and continue to use Ouija boards fairly regularly as a party game, and to show people how they don't work. Just for s&g, try blindfolding someone and asking them to use it (hint: it all comes out as gibberish). I have never in all my years had one negative experience with a Ouija board, nor have any of the people I have used one with.

While I agree that science is not some oracle that has the answers to everything, it is the best tool we as human beings have for understanding causality.

The problem, as it were, with trying to explain something for which no evidence exists, by using evidentiary terms, is that you have to find external validation for something that is by and large an internally held belief. Or to be less prosaic, trying to explain something which has no physical prescence, by using terms which describe the physical world, is, by definition, impossible. To say that demons are energy beings that feed off of energy, but some type of unknown energy that can neither been seen or measured, falls into the realm of myth, not fact.

Nice.

Nobody knows because nobody has ever seen one, because they only exist in tall tales and other assorted works of fiction.

My thoughts exacty.

Demons: A label we have invented for the personification of our own evil excesses.

• Like 1

Nobody knows because nobody has ever seen one, because they only exist in tall tales and other assorted works of fiction.

This is not entirely true. The visual is only 1/5th of our senses, and being that everything we see now is an illusion anyway it stands to reason that "not seeing a demon" does NOT discount its reality, which I might add is subjective in the first place.

Now, I certainly don't believe that dæmons exist in some hellish world, or on a limb of some Qliphothic Tree of Daath, but I do know from experience that they are archetypal images deep in our unconsciousness and can be brought to the surface conscious in many forms including sight (if one is rendered that delusional and trance induced).

The problem is that most of us associate a dæmon with the Christian idea of one, which will never occur and never has. When we think deeper as to what this "thought-form" truly is, we then can begin to experience it on higher levels of consciousness.

My mistake. I didn't clarify that "important" people were the ones insisting the world was flat. Of course sailors noticed bends and anomolies in the horizon. It's just that they didn't count. Just like people whose furniture is dancing around their apartment by itself "don't count"...because you know...they're crazy...even though other visitors also see the same thing. Shared hallucination? Now THAT is a fantastic concept in itself. I find it easier to believe we simply just don't know all there is to know.

• Like 1

Demons are just Negative Entitys