Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Curse Of The Crying Boy

Saru

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• emmy

• Bex

• Halo_Jones

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know I was just getting ready for bed and thought, Heck, Run though the Forum Quick. Now after reading this thread I'll be up and down all night.

Thanks allot Guys and Gals. w00t.gif

Hey, Roger! Did I ever tell you about the Demon Pillow? It looks like a normal, soft, fluffy pillow. You just see it and you want to snuggle up and go to sleep.

But then, deep in the night when you least expect it . . .

It's possessed by the spirit of an insane serial suffocater and it attacks the poor, hapless person who's been unfortunate enough to be lured into sleeping on it!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHh!!!!!!

It's probably not the one on your bed, though . . .

<eg>

Sweet dreams!

I don't see the pictures as evil, they just make me feel very sad crying.gif

The poor little kids look so misserable.

I don't see the pictures as evil, they just make me feel very sad crying.gif

The poor little kids look so misserable.

482291[/snapback]

happy.gif pretty creepy pic that is...i have a creepy picture in my house, but not that one...its not of anyone crying...its an old lady and she looks very creepy....its in black and white...makes it worse...ill take a picture and post it someday. rofl.gif

These were awesome stories. I think that picture is UM's Gallery but I can not view it. This is one of my life-long quirks.

I have a distant cousin to my Mother, and she owned a very old sculpture of a woman with life-like coloring. Frances said "She" only wanted to be placed and facing in a certain position and if anyone moved it, it would return to that place.

I've been to her home but nothing in my power would let me look at it to examin it.

It's creepy and my question is, when I was very young, we also had pictures with big eyes painted but they were kittens soaking wet in the rain. I think we had one with a girl too. I wonder who that artist was?

Thinking about this mystery reminds me about my mother. She always took away all of my toys because she didn't want it to be possessed... so weird and I am embarrassed by her but that is what she was like.

woo hooooooo unsure.gif amazing stories Guys/Gals

Thinking about this mystery reminds me about my mother. She always took away all of my toys because she didn't want it to be possessed... so weird and I am embarrassed by her but that is what she was like.

It makes you wonder if she had it happen to her as a child?

I don't know. She came from a culture that held a lot of superstitions and firm standards for people. She use to tell me stories about how she would find fruits, berries, nuts and gather a bushel's worth. This was during The Great Depression, and she would trade for candies and dolls. Her memories were bitter-sweet because she was given away to other farms to help with the chores and when they were done with her, she would come back.

Meanwhile I have the old painting back that I wrote about earlier. My best-friend had the same pictures growing up and her mother gave them to me. I tried so hard yesterday to search for information about the Artist, but all I found was that he was Jewish and possibly came from Germany or lived there. He was Michal T.

I also found out more info about that painting a few days ago, but my headache made me rest.

All I found out was that in the 1960's, their was an Artist Movement called Big Eyes Art.

Their isn't much information about the Artist.

Their work was mass-marketed for low income families at affordable stores. Now, they are worth a lot of money.

So now I know why my artwork looks the way it does. I had so many of those pictures, puzzles, dolls etc. Honestly, I didn't really like the pictures. They were all so sad but I guess it was the sign of the times.

It was a difficult period in history and the artwork reflects it from various artist.

That's awesome. I'd always wondered if an object could be cursed like that. But not just an object, but a whole bunch of them.

I don't know what to say on this painting.

All i see is an innocent looking boy who's asking WHY ?

If i have one of this i'll keep it.

It reminds me of my childhood.

After I read this article I went to look for some more of those portaits out of curiosity. To my complete surprise, I found that one of the other portaits was actually VERY familiar to me.

Here is one of the paintings that circulated a lot in Greece. Already a lot of my friends recognised the painting as being in their house. We also had this painting in my house too. I am not sure if something like fires is related to those. But from my own experience nothing too strange happened to me and this was hanging over my bed for many many years!!!

post-12464-1108387535.jpg

Does anyone see a strange shape above the boys head (on it in fact) looks like a white anchor follow it and I see something like a ghostly shadow either me looking at it wrong or more likely a scratch or even something mysterious

480282[/snapback]

lol thats just the age of the painting.. looks as though it is either a tear or a scratch on the canvas...