Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discovered - Mysterious Disc on Baltic Seabed

suziwong

Maybe the salvagers, unlike us, know what they're doing and can't afford the time to look at something their experts consider natural.

If that " booze" is still good it could be worth a small fortune. I am willing to sign on to test each and every bottle to make sure it is okay to drink. That is just me, I give and give. LOL

If that " booze" is still good it could be worth a small fortune. I am willing to sign on to test each and every bottle to make sure it is okay to drink. That is just me, I give and give. LOL

There would be a helluva long line for those booze-testing jobs. With you and I at the front. lol

There would be a helluva long line for those booze-testing jobs. With you and I at the front. lol

There should be more charitable people like us in this world< LOL

Does anyone know King Neptune's e-mail address .... We could ask him ?

• Like 1

Does anyone know King Neptune's e-mail address .... We could ask him ?

Yes, I do. It is BR549

That brought back a pleasant memory , I always liked 'Cherokee Boogie' , what ever happened to BR549 , may be they made enough money to retire ?

Seriously that thing is a dead ringer for the millenium falcon lol.

I agree :yes:

A circular rock formation. Interesting. I'm betting the "sliding track" is just due to currents passing by it, not due to it moving.

I suspect that you are right, but visions from The Thing come to mind...

For some reason I'm allowing myself to fantasize about the remote possibility that this could be some kind of proof of ET visitation. I guess I'm a hopeless closet believer. :hmm:

I'm in front, just so that you know... :unsure2: I'm a bully in that way. :gun:

Oh heck, you two can go ahead of me. I'll be nice. :P

For some reason I'm allowing myself to fantasize about the remote possibility that this could be some kind of proof of ET visitation. I guess I'm a hopeless closet believer. :hmm:

good to hear my friend :) its about time you changed sides :P

I'm in front, just so that you know... :unsure2: I'm a bully in that way. :gun:

Oh heck, you two can go ahead of me. I'll be nice. :P

no comment :whistle::lol:

Someone needs to tell James Cameron - anyone got his email address?

And seriously El - the millenium falcon? wow that's quite the alternate universe you escaped to in the last 30 years :w00t:

Personally, I think it could be part of a sunken ancient city I don't know why anyone is thinking extraterrestrial, it looks distinctly rock formation to me unless the Flintstones visited us in the distant past of course.

Someone needs to tell James Cameron - anyone got his email address?

And seriously El - the millenium falcon? wow that's quite the alternate universe you escaped to in the last 30 years :w00t:

Personally, I think it could be part of a sunken ancient city I don't know why anyone is thinking extraterrestrial, it looks distinctly rock formation to me unless the Flintstones visited us in the distant past of course.

who knows. it may be a ship or a ship made by human hands.

wounder how old it is. if it is a ship was it shot down or did it malfunction.

if they find it to be the milliaum falcon then we got the fastest ship in the galaxy and also a Hyperdrive system.

and that also means that bigfoot is a wookie. and that star wars was real all along. we might find a dead han solo inside.

• Like 1

who knows. it may be a ship or a ship made by human hands.

wounder how old it is. if it is a ship was it shot down or did it malfunction.

if they find it to be the milliaum falcon then we got the fastest ship in the galaxy and also a Hyperdrive system.

and that also means that bigfoot is a wookie. and that star wars was real all along. we might find a dead han solo inside.

I know I'm not supposed to just use emoticons but seriously :wacko::clap: :clap: :tu:

"You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?…It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."

Who needs speed when your ship can shorten the actual distance between two points?

"You know, that ship's saved my life quite a few times. She's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy!"

~Lando Calrissian~

• 2 weeks later...

Short article and linked ~six minute video statement of one of the discovers of the whatever-it-is, dated July 13th: http://io9.com5822917/treasure-hunters-find-bizarre-spaceship+like-object-at-the-bottom-of-the-baltic-sea There seems to be some serious interest in investigating the object further. Added- Link doesn't seem to be working at the moment, though I checked it, and it is correct. The article and linked video are currently accessible in the news section at the Coast to Coast am web site: http://www.coasttocoastam.com

Edited by bison

This article was originally run in a Swedish Newspaper

http://www.mysterywatch.co.uk/#/underwater-disc/4552973451My link

A disc - 60 meters diameter has been discovered by treasure hunters in the Baltic Sea

There is a 300m trail on the seabed - suggesting that the huge circular disc slid into its current position - see the link for images

This is a news story to follow - but I bet we never hear of it again!!!

"This does not however explain the trail in the sea bed."

They mean that whitish area extending from top to bottom of the image?

"This does not however explain the trail in the sea bed."

They mean that whitish area extending from top to bottom of the image?

I think so. I'm no geologist or seabed expert, but I'm guessing it's due to currents moving around it - not that it ever moved.

Edited by Moonie2012

I think so. I'm no geologist or seabed expert, but I'm guessing it's due to currents moving around it - not that it ever moved.

I am not a geologist either, but I think it something similar to the Silverpit Crater in the North Sea, though much smaller in size: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverpit_crater

And that is not a crater at all, but a collapsed salt-dome.

Edited by Abramelin

I am not a geologist either, but I think it something similar to the Silverpit Crater in the North Sea, though much smaller in size: http://en.wikipedia....ilverpit_crater

And that is not a crater at all, but a collapsed salt-dome.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. It's much smaller, more precise and it lacks the concentric circles of an event that would involve something of an earthquake magnitude.

It's some kind of rock outcropping.

I hope time and money will soon tell the tell ! Looks like natural geo-extraction of some sort to me? But you neve know until you put your hands on it !

Weird. Kind of looks like a massive lid or hatch.

It's the ocean's drain! lol

It's the ocean's drain! lol

I say pull it ! then I can get back my watch I lost near Maui ! :innocent:

It's only 80 meters down. Someone will get a better look at it soon enough.

My initial impression is a natural formation but the appearance of round and right angles is suspicious.

To comment that, I would like to see an image of the tracks. Could they just have been washed out by the current?