Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discovered - Mysterious Disc on Baltic Seabed

suziwong

This article was originally run in a Swedish Newspaper

http://www.mysterywatch.co.uk/#/underwater-disc/4552973451My link

A disc - 60 meters diameter has been discovered by treasure hunters in the Baltic Sea

There is a 300m trail on the seabed - suggesting that the huge circular disc slid into its current position - see the link for images

This is a news story to follow - but I bet we never hear of it again!!!

Where is this so called 300 m trail?????

Where is this so called 300 m trail?????

Refer to the article in the OP for that, and see if you can find further information about it yourself. :tu:

I'm going to respectfully disagree. It's much smaller, more precise and it lacks the concentric circles of an event that would involve something of an earthquake magnitude.

It's some kind of rock outcropping.

Again, I'm not a geologist, but the Silverpit Crater wasn't formed in one moment, but (from what I read long ago) over millions of years by a salt dome that collapsed. Maybe you read collapse => earthquake?

Just because this 'thing' is tiny in comparisson maybe only one circle was formed, a circular plate of some sort of rock-salt that cracked later on?

Anyway, I too believe it's a geological formation.

Any comments on the so-called "tracks", about 300 metres in length?

I think Moonie alread tried to answer that: ". I'm no geologist or seabed expert, but I'm guessing it's due to currents moving around it - not that it ever moved."

It appears as nothing but a long elongated whitish area above and below the circular structure.

Edited by Abramelin

This article was originally run in a Swedish Newspaper

http://www.mysterywatch.co.uk/#/underwater-disc/4552973451My link

A disc - 60 meters diameter has been discovered by treasure hunters in the Baltic Sea

There is a 300m trail on the seabed - suggesting that the huge circular disc slid into its current position - see the link for images

This is a news story to follow - but I bet we never hear of it again!!!

My guess is that it's from a comet impact, possibly containing supermagnetic material.

I think Moonie alread tried to answer that: ". I'm no geologist or seabed expert, but I'm guessing it's due to currents moving around it - not that it ever moved."

It appears as nothing but a long elongated whitish area above and below the circular structure.

Straight lines, by currents? 300 meters in length? Any similar data examples available, anywhere, in somewhat similar conditions?

Straight lines, by currents? 300 meters in length? Any similar data examples available, anywhere, in somewhat similar conditions?

I don't know of any, but it can't be a 'trail' (like from something crashing to the bottom of the sea, and gliding along for several hundreds of meters) because it appears above and below the circular structure.

If it would be a trail, wouldn't it be washed away by the current by now? I mean, it must be down there for centuries, or even millenia, if it is artificial.

Hmmmm, this does look interesting. Sure it could just be a natural formation, but theres something about the way it looks that tells me otherwise. I am very keen to see what this turns out to be, easily the most interesting find so far this year for me!

Thanks for the heads up OP :yes:

Edited by Finguz

Something else I noticed... there's a second circular structure beneath/left of the disc shaped structure, but only vaguely and partly visible:

cirkelslap.jpg

Btw, here's the original image, with some sort of echo/mirror image on the right:

1.jpg

http://www.oceanexplorer.se/

Edited by Abramelin

Something else I noticed... there's a second circular structure beneath/left of the disc shaped structure, but only vaguely and partly visible:

http://www.oceanexplorer.se/

Yeah I had noticed that, although I just heard from questionmark ( another forum member ) that there was an accompanying youtube clip which then vanished after accepting donations :rolleyes:

Not a good sign :no:

Nothing new on this yet? I hadn't looked at this thread since the first day or two that it was up. I wonder if anyone has studied the ocean currents in the area yet. My guess is that it's natural.

If you look at the "Bimini wall" and consider how the currents carved that out, it's no big leap to consider this disk a result of the same processes.

or maybe it's this:

ufo1.gif?t=1311608731

I think I'll stick with the natural formation hypothesis tho...

Could these circular structures not have been created by depth charges during WW II?

You know, to destroy enemy subs?

Intriqing but could it be a Cauldron or the escaping of a methane from the sea floor. Interesting stuff. Thanks. I hope this subject will be more investigated.

What you mean is similar to the socalled "pockmarks" found on the bottom of the North Sea caused by escaping methane gas, but they never look so perfectly circular as the image of the Baltic seafloor.

I think a blast from a depth charge could create such a perfectly circular shaped pattern: it will also expose the bedrock located below the sediment or weaker rock that got blasted away, and thus revealing the cracked structure we see on the image. The debri from the blast got carried further away by sea currents, and created the whitish area we also see on the image.

What we need to know now if (German) subs were being hunted down and destroyed in that area during WW II.

The salvage people do not want to investigate it further because it may be nothing and its very expensive to do work on the bottom of the ocean. Yet they have spent an equally large amount of money to find some cases of booze. Which they may or may not have found to begin with. Am I missing something?

yeah man i mean if its the falcon there could be alien scotch and cognac. High grade stuff from Han Solos secret stash. No but seriously you answered your own question. They seasrch for treasures. Not anomalies or ancient formations. I bet they have called dibs on the site tho just incase there is something of value.

I cant relocate it but i am sure i read somewhere that they were going to return to this location and film what ever it is, i believe they recieved funds and donations to do just this.

It doesnt appear to be like a crater but something solid, probably natural but would love to know the answer!

Could these circular structures not have been created by depth charges during WW II?

You know, to destroy enemy subs?

Dammit...Was just about to say this...

As amazing as it would be if it WAS a flying saucer wreck, as much as I hate to sound like a skeptic, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was a mere depth charge crater...

A real-life tale of an UFO under the sea! An ideal location for UFOs to inhabit the earth during their long missions to analyze the planet, and to avoid detection from humans living on land. I'm reminded of the movie 'the Abyss' when a submarine made a finding out of this world. I still own a book 'Sphere' written by Michael Crichton about the similar phenomenon. Then to think further into it, the anomaly can well be geophysical, because land formations on the sea floor are altered by the ocean itself, unlike how wind and rainfall alters the shape and appearance of mountains on land. But who knows what they find.

Holy crap, it's the Millenium Falcon!!

I wonder if the skeletons of Han, Chewwie and Leia is inside it? :lol:

Have looked over information on submarine and anti-submarine warfare in World War II. One reads of such action in The Atlantic, Pacific, and even the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea, but not the Baltic Sea. A depth charge looks unlikely as a cause of the recently discovered crater or object. The area under discussion is nearest Sweden. Sweden was carefully neutral during the war, trading with both sides and making concessions advantageous to both. It was not invaded, and was apparently not the scene of any battles.