Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon scratches or not?

JackDaniels

Believing that is dangerous.

How so?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blues Girl

• Chagidiel

• JohnnyBravo

• Agent D. Scully

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen those sorts of scratches before and it's not supernatural although probably caused by spirits. Twist off tops, like on bottles of beer or wine cooler and even some sodas still have them. The metal cap can be sharp but such little scratches that you don't notice them until your asleep and you have a chance to get a little sweaty and the salt in the sweat inflames them and they burn and turn red.

Hatch.

I agree, thats the first thing that came to my mind. The matching set towards the thumb to me indicate it happened while gripping something tightly.

You need to squirt some holy water onto the scratches and if they appear to bubble and smoke comes off then you know it was a demon. Otherwise just use antiseptic.

Where do you get this information from?

How so?

In my opinion it is dangerous to believe in demons blindly because then instead of taking grip of real problems you avoid them starting to take care of imaginary problems. Deal with real life, forget demons. That's my opinion. And there are no such things as demons in my opinion. Cannot prove it though, but it is easier to prove why demon is not causing things A, B and C than that they are.

Another example how it's dangerous to believe in demons is simple delusion. How many topics here are about bad sleeping habits - demons! Stress in life, depression - demons! Strange feelings - demons! Sleep paralysis - demons! Tree scratching the window and mice in the walls - demons! Cat scratch on hand - demons! Do I continue? Point is that you can find various logical reasons before you accuse demons for doing it.

Think about it. I hear a strange noise from attic. Is it boiler? Did some item just drop or fall because it was misplaced? Was it mice? Tree thumping? House settling? Or demon? It's easier to turn your brains off and ignore it or think rational reason and say it's demons. That's what people did centuries ago. Something they didn't understand was caused by demons! Go with your modern cigarette lighter and radio phone to middle ages and it's demons you got you heretic witch! Only that today for some really strange reason normal every day occurances are blamed on demons, ghosts and spirits. But luckily we have skeptics here to pull the brake on wild imagination of individuals.

And wanting to believe into something doesn't make it any more real than me wanting to believe I got 10.000.000 money in cash.

I have to agree with Chagidiel, of all the possible things that could scratches why immediately jump to the conclusion that a "demon" did it ?