Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrafugia

Persia

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xXHellkittiesXx

• Persia

• thewild

• Robbie333

Terrafugia's 'Roadable Aircraft' Receives Regulatory Clearance Again, This Time for the Road

http://www.popsci.co...again-time-road

Cool. Is this the beginning of the real " Jetsons?" Should I rename my dog " Astro"?

I bet it gets horrible MPG. There are people that shouldn't legally be driving on land.. and then these come out? Of course, I bet they will be impossibly expensive..and the insurance...wow.

The practical side to this is that when even rich people become homeless (and they will) they can sleep in their car/plane without taking up valuable parking for the rest of us sleeping in our cars. It may be the only good thing they will ever have done.

Bet you would need a pilots licence in addition to full driving license :(

Im sure i saw something similar to the flying car on top gear a few months ago.

Captain slow drove & flew it cos he already has a light aircraft licence.

Anyone else see that episode??

It looks like a piper cub. Chances are, everything you need to do to be able to fly this thing is the same stuff you'd have to do to fly a piper cub. Just buy a piper cub...

This may make our traffic problems worst not only would have to deal the flying cars crash itself but the falling debre from that incedent on people below that would only increase the damages and victims.

True, humans can barely handle 2 dimensions, forget about 3.

Bet you would need a pilots licence in addition to full driving license :(

Im sure i saw something similar to the flying car on top gear a few months ago.

Captain slow drove & flew it cos he already has a light aircraft licence.

Anyone else see that episode??

Nah, didn't catch that, but there's been tons of stuff over the years on flying cars. I hate to be a cynic but I have to look at it from an ER viewpoint. I hope to heaven they have to have licenses to fly, hopefully that will weed out the total idiots, lord knows there's enough of them on the roads already, can't imagine them in the sky too :cry::P

I can see them falling out of the sky like flies cause they ran out of gas, engine failure, etc, etc, or landing on a busy street and cleaning the whole plow like a bowling alley.

We get a ton of 4wheeler accidents every week and they have limited flying capability and usually end with the classic phrase "let me finish my beer and then watch this" :rofl:

Anyway, cynicism aside, wouldn't it be a stone gas to jump into your car/plane and pop to town or wherever? :tu:

If I had lots of money and the time to get a pilots license I would buy one of these. Well, maybe not the first gen, but as it improves. I live in the middle of nowhere and this little gizmo would certainly make my commutes much easier. Fly into the local airport or landing strip, (S TX, lots of ranches have thier own landing strip) pull up the wings and drive over to the store. I love it.

LOL....considering that the human populace is composed of a minimum 20% complete fools and idiots not even worthy to exist in this universe of beauty...the last thing you humans need are cars that fly...unless you want cars raining down on your head...hey that might not be a bad idea.