Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mr Hoagland: Catastrophe Warning Comet Elenin

Paracelse

A grim warning was issued this past week by the former NASA consultant and noted US space expert Richard C. Hoagland that the newly discovered comet named Elenin, designated C/2010 X1, that is fast approaching our Sun is under “intelligent control” and heralds a warning to all humanity of a great Global catastrophe soon to come.

Comet Elenin is a long-period comet discovered by amateur Russian astronomer Leonid Elenin on 10 December 2010, remotely, using the International Scientific Optical Network’s robotic observatory near Mayhill, New Mexico.

arrow3.gifRead more...

On the other hand, I just wish his comet is under the same intelligent control as he is.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• Lilly

• booNyzarC

• TheMcGuffin

Very interesting article. Guess we should wait till end of this year to find out....

Considering Mr. Hoagland's track record regarding 'correctness' I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

Considering Mr. Hoagland's track record regarding 'correctness' I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

Neither will I, thus the post.

I don't have time to worry about this - I'm still trying to recover from the world-wide disasters and alien invasion that came with the Hale-Bopp Comet.

That article is a disturbing example of just how delusional Hoagland continues to become. He ties NASA knowledge to this with a video game? And then connects the dots to an earthquake in Chile?

Why would anyone consider him a "Top US Space Expert" again? What a friggin' kook.

That article is a disturbing example of just how delusional Hoagland continues to become. He ties NASA knowledge to this with a video game? And then connects the dots to an earthquake in Chile?

Why would anyone consider him a "Top US Space Expert" again? What a friggin' kook.

There can't be any better title than one can give her/himself... and Hoagland is good at giving himself many titles...

There can't be any better title than one can give her/himself... and Hoagland is good at giving himself many titles...

Perhaps he can give himself some thorazine, and be done with all of his craziness. He is getting worse and worse.

Perhaps he can give himself some thorazine, and be done with all of his craziness. He is getting worse and worse.

What is thorazine??? OK I will look it up

for those who don't know what thorazine is (like me prior to read Fluffybunny): chemical lobotomy

http://www.sntp.net/drugs/thorazine.htm

"People's voices came through filtered, strange. They could not penetrate my Thorazine fog; and I could not escape my drug prison." - Janet Gotkin, testimony before the Senate Subcommittee on the Abuse and Misuse of Controlled Drugs in Institutions (1977)

"It's very hard to describe the effects of this drug and others like it. That's why we use strange words like "zombie". But in my case the experience became sheer torture." - Wade Hudson, testimony before the Senate Subcommittee on the Abuse and Misuse of Controlled Drugs in Institutions (1977)

"Frequent Effects: sedation, drowsiness, lethargy, difficult thinking, poor concentration, nightmares, emotional dullness, depression, despair . . ." - Dr. Calagari's Psychiatric Drugs (1987)

I'm wondering just how many people worldwide actually believe that Hoagland is:

A former NASA consultant.

A U.S. "space expert".

A "space expert" at all.

Not delusional, and to be taken seriously.

Just wonder....do any of the people who write these articles actually know anything about this guy?

:blink::td:

You can check out the orbit of Elenin at this site and see if it's going to collide...

Linky -> Elenin Comet

On the other hand, I just wish his comet is under the same intelligent control as he is.

I think Hoagland is the biggest fruit cake doomsayer there is. He repeatably gives dire predictions, his favorite being the solar flare that is going to kill us all. He calls it the KILL SHOT. He's been on Coast to Coast AM saying its coming for 10 years or more. He is notorious for his beliefs in an evil Nasa. I can't even follow his bs anymore. I do get angry that he gets so much airplay on the radio when he is clearly an idiot. So every night they give him a few minutes to talk about the intelligent comet and after it passes and nothing happens it will be forgotten and he will move on to his next 'kill shot' doom thingy. I wish people would just forget this bozo. No wonder Nasa fired him. LOL

A U.S. "space expert".

A "space expert" at all.

Just wonder....do any of the people who write these articles actually know anything about this guy?

I don't know...it is really frustrating.

I understand the kids that happen across his material that don't have enough knowledge of science yet to be able to look at things objectively. Those kids tend to be a bit gullible at first, maybe a bit scared with some of his content, but once they start to figure things out when they get enough info on both sides of the story it will start to balance out.

What really scares me are the adults who grasp onto his material like it is gospel. The adults that should have enough life experience to know when their leg is being pulled, or when they are dealing with a guy two steps ahead of the butterfly net.

I'm surprised a certain Apian board member hasn't buzzed in here yet to mount a staunch defense of her beloved Hoagland...

:innocent:

Cz

I'm surprised a certain Apian board member hasn't buzzed in here yet to mount a staunch defense of her beloved Hoagland...

Cz

I have no idea who you referring to but no one has been on protective side of Hoagland here. Well it's never too late.

lol US Space Expert!

Edited by Caveman1000

:huh: Expect to have the 2012 doomsday prophets come marching in...and point at the comet is actually the dreaded "Planet X" or Nibiru named from an Egyptian tale of appending doom, represented as a dark world of unusual shape (not round). Nibiru is projected a passerby the planet Earth by late 2012 and the comet resembles like an oblong shaped "black planet". One may call it "coincidence or conspiracy?" :unsure2:

Who comes up with this crap?

Ok, some other potential race directing a comet towards the Earth, nice. I don't know about anyone else, but that sounds like an act of war. Whoever's out there would probably want to wipe us out before our rapid technological advancements become a galactic threat, makes sense, but someone is in dire need of stellar asskicking if the comet scenario is true.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

A U.S. "space expert".

A "space expert" at all.

Surprisingly he has a substantial following of supporters and believers. P.T. Barnum was right.

I don't know...it is really frustrating.

I understand the kids that happen across his material that don't have enough knowledge of science yet to be able to look at things objectively. Those kids tend to be a bit gullible at first, maybe a bit scared with some of his content, but once they start to figure things out when they get enough info on both sides of the story it will start to balance out.

What really scares me are the adults who grasp onto his material like it is gospel. The adults that should have enough life experience to know when their leg is being pulled, or when they are dealing with a guy two steps ahead of the butterfly net.

Mind boggling isn't it?

Cz

She went camping. But I'd expect she would have been back already. Probably busy studying about Cathie, Bushman, or Keshe right now; her other favorites.

First thing I thought when I saw the picture in the article was that bit at the beginning of Independence Day where the General shows the Pres the pics of the UFO and says, 'Mr President, its slowing down,' or something to that effect...

It all seemed quite credible until the third or fourth paragraph, but as soon as it started drifting off into interpretations of letters and the usual conspiracist tendency of piecing together disparate facts to weave a narrative I felt my brain switching off... Such nonsense,

which is a shame, as a fleet of super massive UFO's approaching Earth seemed vaguely appealing at first... But that's mainly because I was hoping that they would be Culture GSVs and we would all be rewarded with four-hundred year lifetimes filled with hedonistic, drug fuelled excitement.

Although... if it is an Asteroid and targeted too, Klandethu anybody???? Because I am totally not ready for a bug war....

Stay away from Buenos Aires in September people....

Hm.... I had some lingering concerns about the comet, but now that Hoaglands said this... I feel relieved.

It's real simple....instead of running your mouth and trying to alarm everyone....show me the math that would indicate that it is under intelligent control instead of just your words...if you don't have proof it's just words...if you have proof show it...or shut up.

Edited by theQ54

precisely, I was expecting at least some description of a change in trajectory or velocity but no....

In the words of the Black Eyed Peas, 'where is the math' (or not, but the song would have been better.)